Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460764 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
Brite02:

@ALL, APART FROM MULTI TV WHICH OTHER SATELLITE CAN I TRACK WITH? MY 60CM DISH IS LYING WASTE, AM IN PHC.

MY W3A ON MY 1.8M, JUST WENT A.W.O.L WENT RAIN FELL 4DAYS AGO. HAVE BEEN TO HIT GREEN AGAIN YET ITS PROVEN STUBBORN HAVE DECIDED TO USE IT FOR MULTI TV WHICH IS NOW AT STABLE 98%, NOW MY 60CM IS LYING IDLE, WHICH SAT I USE THE 60CM DISH TO GET? THANKS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bing(m): 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
DM 500s for sale asking price is 12k. 4 port ethernet switch for sale asking price 1k.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lafem(m): 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2011
@George_D: Many thanx, chief. My only problem now is the implementation of your suggestions. My dish-installer lives in Ogun state and seems way too busy to find time to come 'service' my dish/fta. Are you aware of any competent person (preferably in Lagos) that could help me in this respect? Thanx in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2011
@Lafem,
There are a lot of competent guys in this forum who could give you a helping hand.

Try ekonibaje. I think he stays at Ikorodu. He'll be glad to lend a hand.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by salamander(m): 5:45am On Nov 09, 2011
@I hacked

I do not want to wade into this controversy of Nilesat on 90cm dish. But since this is an education forum, I think I should add my voice to the various advice given: You caught the wrong bird!

I see where your problem is: You think because you picked the frequencies where NILESAT is written, then that should be it. NO, it does not work that way. These frequencies are pre-installed by the those who manufacture the boxes for easy tracking. That is why if a new satellite is discovered you don't immediately see it the name in your current box. I can INPUT the frequency of Multi TV into Hotbird satellite name and vice versa. The important thing is the POSITION OF YOUR DISH.

Simply put, the fact that a you are embarking on a trip from Lagos to Kano, the vehicle must necessarily bear the number plate of Lagos or Kano. It is the destination that matters, otherwise you will always board the wrong bus. Hope this helps.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dodos(f): 9:37am On Nov 09, 2011
bing:

DM 500s for sale asking price is 12k. 4 port ethernet switch for sale asking price 1k. for more info call 08037199453

My bro please use the appropriate thread.

@ Sala

Nuumo oye jogbann lo

Stay Blessed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2011
salamander:

@I hacked

I do not want to wade into this controversy of Nilesat on 90cm dish. But since this is an education forum, I think I should add my voice to the various advice given: You caught the wrong bird!

I see where your problem is: You think because you picked the frequencies where NILESAT is written, then that should be it. NO, it does not work that way. These frequencies are pre-installed by the those who manufacture the boxes for easy tracking. That is why if a new satellite is discovered you don't immediately see it the name in your current box. I can INPUT the frequency of Multi TV into Hotbird satellite name and vice versa. The important thing is the POSITION OF YOUR DISH.

Simply put, the fact that a you are embarking on a trip from Lagos to Kano, the vehicle must necessarily bear the number plate of Lagos or Kano. It is the destination that matters, otherwise you will always board the wrong bus. Hope this helps.

on point bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 11:16am On Nov 09, 2011
@all, is any one in Southern Africa able to pick telstar 12 KU @15W? I cant seem to lock on to it with 1.8m prime focus though I am able to pick w2a. sirius 4 and w3a which are in the vicinity. I am interested in MSNBC.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2011
twinskenny:

on point bro

In addition to what Salamander posted, no tp on nilesat hit green @30%,it most be 36% for older strong or 46% for the newer strong. I dont think it is easy to nail nile with 1 meter dish in this part of africa
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by salamander(m): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
@Dodos
Any3mi, me b3shi din!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
salamander:

@I hacked

Good Afternoon salamander,

I surely think that I Hacked got both Nilesat 201 and Atlantic bird 7 on his 90 cm motorized offset dish.
One factor to consider in fringe satellite reception is is that footprint and satellite signal strength of different transponders vary in different locations.

On one of the pictures posted by I hacked, you will note frequency 11977 V 27500,
As per Lyngsat or Flysat the frequency is on Nilesat 201, http://www.lyngsat.com/nile201.html

From the channel list you will note Bloomberg TV channel is on that list under frequency 11977 V sr 27500,
From I Hacked pics you will note Bloomberg channel is displayed on one of the phots even though no video is displayed ,

Two important points to note from his post, is that the transponders with the highest signal strength in his region on Nilesat are:,
Nilesat 201 ------ 11977 V 27500 DVB-S
Atlantic bird 7 ----- 11277 V 27500 DVB-S2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by salamander(m): 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
@Kungu

Good observation. Nothing is impossible though. But what are your thoughts on Ihack claims?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
I think Kungu already gave his thoughts in his second paragraph and then he proceeded like a lawyer to give and interpret the photographic evidence of why he thinks so.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
check the signal quality from first picture its 38% from the second picture its 31 and based on my tracking ability with strong receivers if you have 38% at your first track by the time you click on info you should have 39 -40% why the sudden drop from 38% - 31%.And to convince more people to believe in your finding lets see the pictures rather than blank screen.

we are not critizing here rather we are seeking for evidence that 90cm can perform the magic.And i guess we are all learning everyday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
@all,
Its too early to discredit Ihacks's claim. And like obnelly said, we should allow him to furnish us
with more evidence on his findings.

Maybe, just maybe we could be on the verge of another FTA shattering Nilesat discovery,
who knows? Remember, break the myth, dispel the belief, we know we can if only
we try hard enough! cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ Ihacked
kindly prove your point and be the hero of now.cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ salamander thank you my broda for your tout
@ obnelly you are right bro

@ George_D  boss to be honest you are great

@Ikiriye
My broda this is not a hero’s mater
Am a small boy here and am willing  to learn

All my post is not to be a hero
But to have a good teach

If some one have ideas like  salamander I think is good

I decided not to post or talk about this unfinished electronic circuit   
But I can see very clear from where I am that some people who are like me
Who want to learn and try new thin everyday want to give it a try.

First don’t go with only your 90cm offset dish trying to track nilesat
It is not possible down here

First I try with inline amplifier s-sa01 which I bout from sadoun satellite
USA but it fail, it even reduce the signals.

Below hacked 02 is the picture

So I decided to build an    electronic circuit   that would help me truth
Hacked 03 is the picture

This is signal amplifier it is between lnbf and decoder.
This is special for out of beam areas. You can also adjust it 

To do this you need a good coasal cable that’s copper to copper. Thanks to my broda sathob
Who show me this good cable. it Is expensive but very good
Hacked 04 is  the picture

Thank you

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
@coder007
advise your company's if not people will teach otheres about how to break truth
cos a lot of people no or have way to break truth but have keep quit
spamming will not help

china telescope is off but many people can still see what is in
with simple IC and transistors

if you still be so wicked man will teach men one by one
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ I Hacked
I hail you for your findings.
I am such that believe that any thing is possible. But the issue is that the above posts like that of Obnelly has giving reasons why you should proof your findings but from the above post of your, it is not enough for any one to accept that it is done. Unless you are hiding some info. Logically, I think that if you can track nilebird with 90cm dish, it means that with @ list 1.8m/2.4m dish, you can nail atlanticbird 7 over here. We need a guide to congratulate you. Latelly in this thread, a guy from Abuja said that he did it with 1.2m offset dish but on where to be found when asked for proof. We need to see that this is obtainable and surely you will be the hero you are rejecting. Lastly, from your word construction, you said the the amp you bought from oversee reduced the signal instead of amplifying it. Does it mean that you tracked the sat without the amp then tried to amplify it? @ I hacked @ all, please pardon me if my post is offensive.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
Brite02:

@ALL,  APART FROM MULTI TV WHICH OTHER SATELLITE CAN I TRACK WITH? MY 60CM DISH IS LYING WASTE, AM IN PHC.

you can use it for astra 4a  but to my advise use ur 1.8m for another sat
and use your 60cm for astra 2b and w4/w7

I have mold LNB holder for it i mean astra 2b and w4/w7 hope to post it at next post .it is made in Ghana
very good when you track astra 2b or multytv that's all w4 will follow
u don't need to track w4 or turn your lnb it will come strait

thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2011
auchs:

@ I Hacked
I hail you for your findings.
I am such that believe that any thing is possible. But the issue is that the above posts like that of Obnelly has giving reasons why you should proof your findings but from the above post of your, it is not enough for any one to accept that it is done. Unless you are hiding some info. Logically, I think that if you can track nilebird with 90cm dish, it means that with @ list 1.8m/2.4m dish, you can nail atlanticbird 7 over here. We need a guide to congratulate you. Latelly in this thread, a guy from Abuja said that he did it with 1.2m offset dish but on where to be found when asked for proof. We need to see that this is obtainable and surely you will be the hero you are rejecting. Lastly, from your word construction, you said the the amp you bought from oversee reduced the signal instead of amplifying it. Does it mean that you tracked the sat without the amp then tried to amplify it? @ I hacked @ all, please pardon me if my post is offensive.

thank you for your post

but i don't see why you still need a proof the pics are there that's the proof but i said at the first post of this that i cant enjoy it yet

i made my own amp cos the one i bout fail
the good thin about this amp is that when you are on the orbit your quality will raze to 68% or above and still red
you have to adjust your dish and wait for some seconds to hit green after the green the signals can drop
even to 28%

i don't have 1.8m or 3m here what i have is 90cm motorize dish

so thous who have bigger dish can also use the same way to proof it

we were having problems with getting Eutelsat W6 at 21_6°E with 60cm but now it is easy even on motorize dish we are getting it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2011
I hacked,i really hail you fta spirit/attitude.i want to believe you have spoken the truth .that the 1st amp frm us failed and the locally made amplifier performed the magic.pls can you provide the circuit diagram to that effect.were you able to get stable pictures on your screen.from w6 signal you should able to hit green with your 90cm as the beam covers ghana more than 9jeria.you only need good lnb.i used digisat lnb and the signal is stable.anyway i am interested in your new research,that is what fta is all about."my wooden satellite dish is on the way".
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 1:08am On Nov 10, 2011
Does wood reflects rf like metals and fibre glass? Anyway, I'll wait and see.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:31am On Nov 10, 2011
badaru1:

In addition to what Salamander posted, no tp on nilesat hit green @30%,it most be 36% for older strong or 46% for the newer strong. I dont think it is easy to nail nile with 1 meter dish in this part of africa
you have a point grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 2:35am On Nov 10, 2011
I Hacked:

you can use it for astra 4a  but to my advise use your 1.8m for another sat
and use your 60cm for astra 2b and w4/w7

I have mold LNB holder for it i mean astra 2b and w4/w7 hope to post it at next post .it is made in Ghana
very good when you track astra 2b or multytv that's all w4 will follow
u don't need to track w4 or turn your lnb it will come strait

thank you

THANKS. FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I HAVE DECIDED TO TURN TO THE HARD WAY, I FINALLY GOT GREEN ON W3A 12728 H 30000 (58%) WITH MY TESTING(RF CABLE) WHEN AM DONE, I CONNECTED THE MAIN (RF CABLE) THAT TP COULDN"T GREEN IT WAS JUST FLUTUATING B/W 49-52-53% BUT THIS 12645 H 30000 WAS HITING GREEN. SO I GOT MBC1 & 2,TVM, RADIO MAGASCA,NEURAL TV ONLY, I COULDN'T GET D REST. WHAT COULD B WRONG?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 6:09am On Nov 10, 2011
I used to have same prob with ground mount. Solution- rotate your lnb and also try changing the polarity. If not green just blindscan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nzeval(m): 6:36am On Nov 10, 2011
I want to ask if i track all nilesat freq with 2.4 meter pan in Anambra state .all i need is Abudhabi sports and all Aljazeera sports channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gkw: 6:39am On Nov 10, 2011
Lunsat:

@all, is any one in Southern Africa able to pick telstar 12 KU @15W? I cant seem to lock on to it with 1.8m prime focus though I am able to pick w2a. sirius 4 and w3a which are in the vicinity. I am interested in MSNBC.
telstar 12 is loud and clear my bro, for yo msnbc use 11533v3197. pay attention to yo lnb skew 5 o'clock should do. cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nzeval(m): 6:41am On Nov 10, 2011
Pls where can i find and buy OPENBOXS10HD receiver in Nigeria .here is my contact 08027468913 or valchuks@hotmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:15am On Nov 10, 2011
amebopero the essence of this FTA is finding yourself in a thick amazon forest where nothing is happening and you wanna hook up to the outside world,you just need to improvise to get all your set up ,all you need is just the basic skill that you and i read here everyday.Its high time we put those skills into practice.80% OF THE DISH MATERIALS SHALL BE MADE OF WOOD.just give me time.Do i here somebody saying GREEN TECHNOLOGY,kind of sustainable technology.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2011
@gkw, thanks Bro. I will try the TP. The Beam is centred on South Africa and I am near its endge but I hope I get it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 8:19am On Nov 10, 2011
I Hacked:

@ salamander thank you my broda for your tout
@ obnelly you are right bro

@ George_D  boss to be honest you are great

@Ikiriye
My broda this is not a hero’s mater
Am a small boy here and am willing  to learn

All my post is not to be a hero
But to have a good teach

If some one have ideas like  salamander I think is good

I decided not to post or talk about this unfinished electronic circuit   
But I can see very clear from where I am that some people who are like me
Who want to learn and try new thin everyday want to give it a try.

First don’t go with only your 90cm offset dish trying to track nilesat
It is not possible down here

First I try with inline amplifier s-sa01 which I bout from sadoun satellite
USA but it fail, it even reduce the signals.

Below hacked 02 is the picture

So I decided to build an    electronic circuit   that would help me truth
Hacked 03 is the picture

This is signal amplifier it is between lnbf and decoder.
This is special for out of beam areas. You can also adjust it 

To do this you need a good coasal cable that’s copper to copper. Thanks to my broda sathob
Who show me this good cable. it Is expensive but very good
Hacked 04 is  the picture

Thank you

[pls sir,i'm interetd in circuit diagram for d signal amplier. Email ojtech@yahoo.com. Urgent shld b d key because delaying is dangerous. Thanks  ]

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.