Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5452319 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 6:31am On Nov 12, 2011
Lunsat:

@Ilish, yersterday I loaded the 1.17p 20111017 into my srt4930 stb and funny enough I found that some channels had no sound while other had. Adjusting the audio button made no difference. when I loaded back the previous 1.17p 20111004 sound came back on all channels. Any one else experience this?
What are thos channels?Kindly list them
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:13am On Nov 12, 2011
Twinskenny thanks for that short write up of yours.you have spoken.This forum suppose to be a satellite library where you come to search for solutions to any satellite tracking,installation and modifications.Can we all take time to visit some international satellite forums and see how things re being done there,that may help us a lot.

we all have right to proof otherwise and you have the right to proof us right even when we are wrong,if 80% support your findings it means its a success but if its just 10% its not yet proven right.Give more facts to back up your findings.I HACKED AND PETFUN WELL DONE.proof you critise otherwise and if no evidence to proof them right or wrong can we move on and wait for another useful findings that i believe may be useful for the benefit of the every TOM DICK AND HARRY.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2011
Personally,am still not yet convinced that someone nailed nile with 1 metre dish in Ghana. First the info he has been posting is incomplete,2ndly I know some brothers in ghana that are still battling for stable signal with 3m mesh over there. And also there have no one that collaborate his story. For me,just posting pictures is not enough a proof that he got nile with 1m dish. Let him go further by inviting other brothers there to see the dish live or disclose the exact amp he use so that others can try. I can use 3m to get nile and show you a pic of 60cm dish.

Am not saying it is not possible but let him provide further proof. Long time a go,one Dr Abalaka came over the air to say he has cure for hiv,but the medical authority came out to dispute him by asking for proof. Today where is Abalaka and his hiv cure? Gone
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:52am On Nov 12, 2011
For those that really want to construct their 4 in 1 set up lnb holder on one dish for w4/7,36e,new dawn 32.9e and astra 28e the distance from w7 to astra 28 and badr 26east (french channels) is just 25cm.all the 4 satellite will fall along the 25 cm .TRY IT OUT TODAY.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:06am On Nov 12, 2011
Hi bros rdv on 36.0 e on my set is red, what is its status on yours?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2011
Gurus of the house, I want to track New Dawn but I do not have 32e on my decoder instead I have 33e how do I get 32e on my 69z decorder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 9:19am On Nov 12, 2011
simniboma:

Gurus of the house, I want to track New Dawn but I do not have 32e on my decoder instead I have 33e how do I get 32e on my 69z decorder?

Insert the frequency in the 33e,it will work
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 9:26am On Nov 12, 2011
badaru1:

Personally,am still not yet convinced that someone nailed nile with 1 metre dish in Ghana. First the info he has been posting is incomplete,2ndly I know some brothers in ghana that are still battling for stable signal with 3m mesh over there. And also there have no one that collaborate his story. For me,just posting pictures is not enough a proof that he got nile with 1m dish. Let him go further by inviting other brothers there to see the dish live or disclose the exact amp he use so that others can try. I can use 3m to get nile and show you a pic of 60cm dish.

Am not saying it is not possible but let him provide further proof. Long time a go,one Dr Abalaka came over the air to say he has cure for hiv,but the medical authority came out to dispute him by asking for proof. Today where is Abalaka and his hiv cure? Gone

Good morning Sir Badaru,

From my experience a 1.5 meter offset dish can outperform a 2.4 prie focus dish when it comes to ku band reception.

Below is the footprint map of Atlantic bird 7 footprint,

From RDI board we have confrimation of reception of Nilesat 201 and atlantic bird 7 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania using a 1.3 offset dish, 1.5 meter offset dish in  Mozambique http://forum.paytv.ro/showthread.php?t=36090&page=420

On the satellites.co.uk webisite, ttp://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/fringe-reception-general/194438-atlantic-bird-7-a-3.html we have confrimation of Atlantic bird 7 reception on offset dishes ranging from 1m Gibertini Wales UK,  90 cm offset dish lnb ++ inverto black ultra in Madrid-Spain, Gibertini 150cm offset dish in Brussels, Belgium just to mention a few.

Below is the current reception report of Atlantic bird 7 layout in Europe using offset dish as per kingofsat,
eception
[img]http://en.kingofsat.net/map.php?b=251[/img]

From what i know, the are high quality offset satellite dishes like Gibertini, Kathrein that can outperform a large prime focus dish measuring 3 meters.

It all boils down to the quality of the offset satellite dish,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:29am On Nov 12, 2011
Simnibo,you cant learn by asking too much ,you learng by doing so much.how?since rdv turns red your first question shld be is hitv or dstv green or red since they are on the same degrees.if all red them may be you need to realign your dish,if only rdv is affect may be its from their office thereafter you can call or post to confirm if its green or red.troubleshooting is part of satellite business . About new dawn Just input new dawn tp and track using any satellite name all u need is the tp.its between dstv and multitv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2011
badaru1:

Insert the frequency in the 33e,it will work
thank you badaru1, I will just do that
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2011
obnelly:

Simnibo,you cant learn by asking too much ,you learng by doing so much.how?since rdv turns red your first question shld be is hitv or dstv green or red since they are on the same degrees.if all red them may be you need to realign your dish,if only rdv is affect may be its from their office thereafter you can call or post to confirm if its green or red.troubleshooting is part of satellite business . About new dawn Just input new dawn tp and track using any satellite name all u need is the tp.its between dstv and multitv.
Thank you very much. Knowledge is made complete by asking and doing. I have tried and hit green. Kudus FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2011
Kungu is it with or without inline amp built.i think atlanticbird is taken a new dimension.i think i need to study more on offset dishes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:39am On Nov 12, 2011
@SAMMU, I TRACKED ARABSAT5a 30°E c-band yesterday with my 1.8m ground mount using the setup pictures in the thread where ADEXEEY gave a diagram combination of C-BAND LNB & KU BAND LNB in  'MOTORISING BIG DISHES'. Now that i track arabsat with c-band lnb, what sat can i track with the ku-band lnb that is attached to the c-band lnb in terms of degrees
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2011
simniboma sometimes you may not find the satellite name on your STB because nearly everyday new sat comes on air and the manufactural may not program the new sat on the STB , so only the available satellites would be programmed by the time of manufacturing the STB.
So to solve your problem simply scroll down on your STB on installation and select a newsat in which you see like this 0.0 _ _ _ _and enter the TP and if the signal pops up and press OK , then you 're good to go and you can even rename the newsat to your desire name you want by pressing RED button in which you will see alphabetical table.
RDV is loud and clear check your signal strenght or rescan your STB , THANKS.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2011
BRITE you can track BADR 6 with this TP , 12265V27500 and 11727h 27500 and FOX movies on 11843H27500. thanks or to get more channels i advice you to blind scan your STB.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2011
Twinsoris:

simniboma sometimes you may not find the satellite name on your STB because nearly everyday new sat comes on air and the manufactural may not program the new sat on the STB , so only the available satellites would be programmed by the time of manufacturing the STB.
So to solve your problem simply scroll down on your STB on installation and select a newsat in which you see like this 0.0 _ _ _ _and enter the TP and if the signal pops up and press OK , then you 're good to go and you can even rename the newsat to your desire name you want by pressing RED button in which you will see alphabetical table.
RDV is loud and clear check your signal strenght or rescan your STB , THANKS.
I am grateful for your explanation I will work with your ideas too
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
obnelly:

Kungu is it with or without inline amp built.i think atlanticbird is taken a new dimension.i think i need to study more on offset dishes.

Good Afternoon Obnelly,

The offset dish is without Inline Amp.

Attached are 2 posts form deepbluesky based @ Stuttgart-Germany regarding Nile-sat reception on a offset dishes,  http://forum.paytv.ro/showpost.php?p=788488&postcount=1924 & http://forum.paytv.ro/showpost.php?p=789182&postcount=1932
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
Twinsoris:

BRITE you can track BADR 6 with this TP , 12265V27500 and 11727h 27500 and FOX movies on 11843H27500. thanks or to get more channels i advice you to blind scan your STB.

THANKS. WILL GIVE A TRY THIS EVENING,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
Thanks kungu.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
This was posted by a fellow on RDI board sat forum, I think am on the extreme

signs and symptoms that you have A.S.A.S

Symptoms of this new disease which has yet to be discovered by the medical fraternity can be divided into categories. Mild, Serious and extreme.
MILD
1- You have more than one dish.
2- You have more than one decoder.
3- You've got a drawer full of satellite paraphernalia.
4- You do a blindscan every day.
5- No one but you can negotiate the spaghetti. i.e the mess of cables and wire that are hooked up to all your electrical gadgets.
SERIOUS
6- Your favorite websites which you visit numerous times each day are all satellite related (RDI, lyngsat, flysat, king of sat, nailaland sat technology and many more)
7- Three days cant pass without you adjusting one of your dishes.
8- You have never deleted any channel from you channel list including the scrambled channels.
9- You would give a hand and a leg for information on how to watch the scrambled channels.
10- You kids reluctantly hand over the rcu the moment you step into the house.
EXTREME
11- One of your decoders is more expensive than your tv.
12- You've had a tumble from a ladder or from the rooftop during one of you hunting missions.
13- shop assistants in satellite stores call you by name.
14- All your neighbors are aware of you condition and they have even given you a satellite related nickname.
15- You unconsciously wish for a giant dish so that you can nab all the fringe satellites in your location.
16- The urge to know that you're not missing anything leads you into knocking on peoples gates Whenever you see a dish pointed to a satellite you are not familiar with and enquire on what channels they are receiving.

If you have more than 5 symptoms, you are in over you head. You are beyond salvage. even if the pope and all his bishops locked themselves in St.Peters and fasted for a month they wouldn't get you a miracle cure.
Long live FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
@Badaru1, LOLzzzz grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
badaru1:

Symptoms of this new disease which has yet to be discovered by the medical fraternity can be divided into categories. Mild, Serious and extreme.
MILD
1- You have more than one dish.
2- You have more than one decoder.
3- You've got a drawer full of satellite paraphernalia.
4- You do a blindscan every day.
5- No one but you can negotiate the spaghetti. i.e the mess of cables and wire that are hooked up to all your electrical gadgets.
SERIOUS
6- Your favorite websites which you visit numerous times each day are all satellite related (RDI, lyngsat, flysat, king of sat, nailaland sat technology and many more)
7- Three days cant pass without you adjusting one of your dishes.
8- You have never deleted any channel from you channel list including the scrambled channels.
9- You would give a hand and a leg for information on how to watch the scrambled channels.
10- You kids reluctantly hand over the rcu the moment you step into the house.
EXTREME
11- One of your decoders is more expensive than your tv.
12- You've had a tumble from a ladder or from the rooftop during one of you hunting missions.
13- shop assistants in satellite stores call you by name.
14- All your neighbors are aware of you condition and they have even given you a satellite related nickname.
15- You unconsciously wish for a giant dish so that you can nab all the fringe satellites in your location.
16- The urge to know that you're not missing anything leads you into knocking on peoples gates Whenever you see a dish pointed to a satellite you are not familiar with and enquire on what channels they are receiving.

If you have more than 5 symptoms, you are in over you head. You are beyond salvage. even if the pope and all his bishops locked themselves in St.Peters and fasted for a month they wouldn't get you a miracle cure.
Long live FTA.
@ Experience badaru 1,                                                             when I was reading this post I bursted into laughter, to the extent that the person that was sitting beside me was inquisitive to the cause of my laughing. To be frank, this disease called A.S.A.S have affected a lot of people in this honourable house. People who have hd dreambox asking for another hd reciever, some with their 3m dish, 1.8m dish, 3pcs of 90cm dish still looking for 4m dish etc. A lot of us are affected with this disease at different categories but some day we gonna be free from it and the newbies then who will be suffering from the same disease will be asking us not to run away from the forum. Viva fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
badaru1:

. . . . . .

. . . . . If you have more than 5 symptoms, you are in over you head. You are beyond salvage. even if the pope and all his bishops locked themselves in St.Peters and fasted for a month they wouldn't get you a miracle cure.
Long live FTA.
Oga Badaru,
you will not kill guys in this forum o o o grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
OGA BADARU, LOLZ. ME SELF I DEY SUFFER FROM A.S.A.S TOO OH, I GET 60CM DISH, 8OCM AND 1.8M GROUND MOUNT DISH!

@TWINSORIS AND ALL,
IT DIDNT WORK OH, THE BADR 6
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 12:54am On Nov 13, 2011
@badaru1 you can judge how many of us have the desease. can there be a cure while FTA exist? We can't stop hunting. it's dictive
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 4:04am On Nov 13, 2011
Badaru na waa for you ooo grin grin grin. most of us are addicts then! grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 5:00am On Nov 13, 2011
BRITE sorry for the mistake , i thought you have 3M dish and now you makes this clear that you have 1.8M dish and the small dish.
So for you to enjoy the FTA goodies you need to have 2.4 or more dish size and also youcan motorized your 1 .8 M dish for more channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2011
ANYBODY THAT IS VISITING ANY SATELLITE WEBSITE AND CAN TRACK BY HIMSELF IS SICK.just like oliver twist you always want more,its addiction.even when the satellite is not receivable you still want to try .

satellite is meant for up and doing guys not lazy type because once you are addicted you cant go back.I think we are all sick grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinis09: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2011
guys check out dis satellite eutelsat w3c @16e, it has africa beam. Lyngsat.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2011
@kungu
from your post all the places you mentioned do not include Ghana (or west africa) which is the scope of the I Hacked findings. I remember when Adewest said he could track nilesat with 1.8m dish in Lagos a lot of peopple including me had our own doubts.He posted some pics and tps but still some were not convinced.In fact he got a lot of stick from members.I think what convinced a lot of people was when a couple of guys (toxnaija,enitan etc) visited him and saw it live;now i believe everyone respects and cherishes what Adewest did.
It is good for all of us if nilesat can be tracked with 90cm dish.What everyone needs ,and rightly so, is a convincing proof ;until then I Hacked might have done a great job but may not get the credit because people are still not convinced.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2011
Twinsoris:

BRITE sorry for the mistake , i thought you have 3M dish and now you makes this clear that you have 1.8M dish and the small dish.
So for you to enjoy the FTA goodies you need to have 2.4 or more dish size and also youcan motorized your 1 .8 M dish for more channels.

I THOUGHT AS MUCH, THANKS FOR THE INSIGHT. BUT IF I MOTORISE WILL BE ABLE TO HIT BADR 6?

@BADARU. . SO LONG THERE IS F.T.A THIS A.S.A.S WILL EXIST. IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD, THEY THINK AM GETTING INSANE, COZ OF THE WAY I KEEP CARRYING MY TV AND DECODER AND CABLES FROM ONE MOMENT TO ANOTHER, LOL
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
captainus:

@kungu
from your post all the places you mentioned do not include Ghana (or west africa) which is the scope of the I Hacked findings. I remember when Adewest said he could track nilesat with 1.8m dish in Lagos a lot of peopple including me had our own doubts.He posted some pics and tps but still some were not convinced.In fact he got a lot of stick from members.I think what convinced a lot of people was when a couple of guys (toxnaija,enitan etc) visited him and saw it live;now i believe everyone respects and cherishes what Adewest did.
It is good for all of us if nilesat can be tracked with 90cm dish.What everyone needs ,and rightly so, is a convincing proof ;until then I Hacked might have done a great job but may not get the credit because people are still not convinced.

you have said all,Thank God you are in Ghana,if his assertions are true,let him invite some of you to see the set up

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.