Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5435812 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
This champions tv of a thing that some people are watching and some are not getting it, let me ask is in the morning or afternoon or in the night that people do recieve it, cos i always check in night when i come back from work that i normally check and the tp is always red, and i have not had any problem with any tp before, even the etv hyderpack that was so difficult for people to recieve i have been recieving it clean and clear, and am using srt 4922A decoder and using 60cm dish, and other are saying they are getting it with 60cm dish, why i my not getting it.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
Graphicicon it doesn't pop up on some decoders... Am using 4669xii and a 60cm pan. They're showing AFCON match now so all you have to do is add the tp and leave it for 1-2 mins and the signal will pop up (only if your decoder could get it).

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
Adex70:
@ odilibe the dish is fiber i will be need ur assist concern all the tp u request me to try let the dish be revoil then tracking will follow i bet iam already dieing in silence inmagine i have to cough out 20k to area boys and son of soil before the pole and dish hang now iam brinnging it down for foil another 12k to revoil sky uk must fall and sky italia to follow i knew mbc will be no probl also ptv sport and hipasat also digiturk . Can the amiko allien u promised me be useful on this sat mention let me know i need to tidy every issue before u go back to uk thanks

u can't get ptv sport or digiturk with dat size in Lagos..prove me wrong.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obascoetubi: 12:06am On Jan 18, 2015
mtchris:
Graphicicon it doesn't pop up on some decoders... Am using 4669xii and a 60cm pan. They're showing AFCON match now so all you have to do is add the tp and leave it for 1-2 mins and the signal will pop up (only if your decoder could get it).
i. add tp & signal pop up & i. scan it, but could not get it on my 4950
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2015
@obnelly.

Unbelievable!

With that monster you could lock Nilesat signal in 5 minutes.
Dish is in poor condition (warped) or poorly made.

obnelly:
I will like a professional satellite installer who has handle 4m dish and above to contribute to this especially odilibe et al.
A friend with 5m dish want Beinsport on Ab7 in their estate.As a matter of fact I didn't check if the dish is in good condition or not.I swung into action .input nss7 tp and start tracking after spending more than hours without no success I shifted to ab7 nwa beam using aljazeera news tp after spending hours a tp pop up with 58% I blind scan to confirm if am in the right satellite and channel to my surprise I was able to scan zuku tp s that suppose to be 11727 on 10992 that belong to aljazeera news on ab7 nwa my question now is that tp is the only tp the stupid dish can pick.o tried multi TV to same 58% no green all red even at 58&
What could be the problem is it the tracking decoder or the dish because I can't believe such a big dish should give me headache to track nss7 and I don't know why 10992 is working for 11727.
I will all appreciate your professional contributions though I have suspended the tracking for now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 12:43am On Jan 18, 2015
Please house, I posted a query earlier. Someone should help me. For the record, I upgraded it to October 2011 software as it is the only software available for the receiver model (Strong 4661X) at crosat. But the problem persist. Help please. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 7:45am On Jan 18, 2015
Obascoetubi:
i. add tp & signal pop up & i. scan it, but could not get it on my 4950
The signal wasn't stable then. When you add the tp, leave it for about 2minutes and signal would be stable then you scan.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Janyves(m): 10:24am On Jan 18, 2015
Recently I noticed that the international news channel on Multi Tv is now a Christian channel....... That station is one of my best, seconded by Eon(always on DW) and the then Hitz tv(now extinct).....though I get champion tv, I don't fancy it... Even the Imed tv, canal Algeria from Badr5 don't show anymore. Honorable Sat. geeks,Please I need an alternative.... I use a 60cm dish and 4950h

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 9jatriot(m): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2015
Janyves:
Recently I noticed that the international news channel on Multi Tv is now a Christian channel....... That station is one of my best, seconded by Eon(always on DW) and the then Hitz tv(now extinct).....though I get champion tv, I don't fancy it... Even the Imed tv, canal Algeria from Badr5 don't show anymore. Honorable Sat. geeks,Please I need an alternative.... I use a 60cm dish and 4950h
60cm for Badr 5

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Molayan: 11:39am On Jan 18, 2015
ify4king:
12522v27000
Thanks Bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2015
@Janyves.

Add Amos 5/Ku to your setup.

Janyves:
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2015
And what was the problem??

Yonderguy:
Please house, I posted a query earlier. Someone should help me. For the record, I upgraded it to October 2011 software as it is the only software available for the receiver model (Strong 4661X) at crosat. But the problem persist. Help please. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
blexxonmak:
And what was the problem??

My brother's decoder (Strong
4661X) is bring flashes of signal on mytv position and any other position but not stable effecting a no signal display on tv screen. But if I plug my decoder (Strong 4669Xii)
it remains stable. Thanks!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
umassor:

u can't get ptv sport or digiturk with dat size in Lagos..prove me wrong.
boss umasson m very glad to meet with u n wit d little stuff u av taught me....I so much love d setup i saw at ur place...i salute u boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dennisme: 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
Champion TV, pls do i need an expert to install it for me? ive entered the frequency 11618 H/V 1562 waited for long for green but still, its not coming up, checked multi tv signal 86%, checked rave tv signal, 11595 V 30000, 88%. went and skewed LNB small, but still no signal. i'm really tired.Pls help.Decoder type 4669XII, using latest firmware.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
mtchris:
According to some guru in the house... Some decoders can't track the Champion TV but if ur decoder can track it, use 90cm dish 'cause it fluctuates on 60cm making it hard to get on 60cm. But if u don't have 90cm pan, keep trying with 60cm 'cause i tried with 60cm and got it with srt 4669xii. Good luck!!
@Iamvictor
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
dennisme:
Champion TV, pls do i need an expert to install it for me? ive entered the frequency 11618 H/V 1562 waited for long for green but still, its not coming up, checked multi tv signal 86%, checked rave tv signal, 11595 V 30000, 88%. went and skewed LNB small, but still no signal. i'm really tired.Pls help.Decoder type 4669XII, using latest firmware.
Off-Air at the moment
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by slide01: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
xnnalvin:

boss umasson m very glad to meet with u n wit d little stuff u av taught me....I so much love d setup i saw at ur place...i salute u boss

anytime
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iamvictor(m): 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
mtchris:
@Iamvictor
thanks bro...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
mtchris:
@mtchris, lol...... Lol....., bro am using 4922A which has never had any problem with any signal or tp, even the hardest tp that people do complained of, am getting all, pls do me a favour by flashing me or call when u notice that the tp is active, and again is the pol H or V ?, 08069338224
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
@grahicicon, can i get hype park in a multi-setup where amos 5 is primary and sirius is attached?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
graphicicon:
@mtchris, lol...... Lol....., bro am using 4922A which has never had any problem with any signal or tp, even the hardest tp that people do complained of, am getting all, pls do me a favour by flashing me or call when u notice that the tp is active, and again is the pol H or V ?, 08069338224
Pol = H
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dennisme: 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
mtchris:
Off-Air at the moment
Hey chris, thanks alot, i'm very grateful bro, pls alert us wen it's back on air.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=umassor post=29886418]

oga obnelly,there is no good 5 metre dish in Lagos from Lagos moulders..i guess d owner of dat dish must have called other installers before u..i bet u,a good 4 metre dish is far more better than 5 metre dish in Lagos..[/quote

Umassor i am the 4th person to work on that dish.I manage to pull in 11727 @ 91% still no signal from other satellite.i want to believe something is wrong with thd dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=blexxonmak post=29890443]@obnelly.

Unbelievable!

With that monster you could lock Nilesat signal in 5 minutes.
Dish is in poor condition (warped) or poorly made.

I tire for the monster o.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brytqoby: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
champion Tv is back scan now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
dennisme:
Hey chris, thanks alot, i'm very grateful bro, pls alert us wen it's back on air.
they're back on-air now

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by efijemueh: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
@graphicico :plz I have the same decoder as yours and unable to track champion TV. Also what the Tps for etv Hyder Park, size of dish and on what satellite. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
Thanks to the guy that called to inform me of champions tv that is active, i told people that my decoder had never disappointed me, i just scan it now and i got it, the reason why i was not getting it before is because i dont scan at the right time, and for those that asked wether it is posible to attach ses 5 on amos 5 setup, it is possible, just hold the lnb on ur hand and focus it on the dish at below right hand side of the amos 5 setup, u will hear an alarm on ur satfinder to indicate where to put ur lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ify4king(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Molayan:

Thanks Bro
ur welcome
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
pboy2buzy:

True staddos......ihacked I'd rilli appr8 if u suggest a more suitable paint. The current one was used by d installer so I decided to post it here to get reviews....a useful suggestion wil b welcomed since he hasn't started tracking....tankz

i will use auto clear paint ,the color may not be my problem
2: the paint must be cool no shine paint here
3: i don't have to see my self, if i am in front of my dish like a mirror
4: i will not use the paint i see on the picture cos it look like it is shine paint and this type of paint may not be good for my satellite tracking
5: i will use white ivory cos it is good for sunny area
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ify4king(m): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
graphicicon:
I think its only trackable with 90cm dish

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.