Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5428906 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Any installer in Benin city to help install Irib with 1.35m dish should indicate pls,thanks

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
@ODILIBE why is it that all the frequency opperate in fec 8/9 are not coming on hotbird just been curious grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
Somebody should please help me with the remote of this.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
Adex70:
@ODILIBE why is it that all the frequency opperate in fec 8/9 are not coming on hotbird just been curious grin
With that fec (8/9), it shows that the frequency is weak. Fec like that are used on frequency that is meant to service a smaller or a particular region.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
Adex70:
the highest fec on hotbird is 5/6....with fec 8/9 you have to exceed over 65% signal quality on new strong receivers before receiving good signal 55% on old strong boxes...normally this can reduce fringe receptions most frequencies at fec 8/9 are strong signals but fec at 8/9 can also increase dish size on both coverage or fringe reception! compared to fec 2/3 of equal signal quality which will require smaller antenna!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Guru' which is the best C-band lnb and where can I buy it online?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
trek4000:
Guru' which is the best C-band lnb and where can I buy it online?
some germany channels on amos 5 @ 17 12260 v 17665

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
blexxonmak:
@irukandji89.

The basic rule is to make sure the pole is PERFECTLY PLUM on all sides.
Point dish to Amos-5/Ku and the rest is history.

Mr blexxx .... good evening ... I have pointed the dish to Amos 5 using the 10804H tp ....

the skew was BTW 7-8 o clock.

but from the diagram in the installer manual, all the lnbs were skewed to 6 o clock .....

does that mean I need to track Amos 5 with my skew at 6 o clock before I can track other satellites?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
is champions tv online?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotimiseyi(m): 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
tonididdy:
is champions tv online?
yes. About to show atletico vs barca

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
Whats the name of that movie which trust tv showed late night yesterday?that movie was lyk a blue movie!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
omotech:
Pls anybody who is using STR 4950 should help me on biss key & patch number. Thanks
Pls gurus in d house help me on dis matter, abi no remedy? I'm looking 4ward 2 ur respond thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
Chukstaker:
Whats the name of that movie which trust tv showed late night yesterday?that movie was lyk a blue movie!
TRUST TV! I didn't get, pls what is d tp & sr?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kinggenesis(m): 7:35am On Jan 29, 2015
omotech:
scan 11594 V 30000 to get trust tv and others
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 11:02am On Jan 29, 2015
omotech:
On which satellite is it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 11:35am On Jan 29, 2015
kinggenesis:
scan 11594 V 30000 to get trust tv and others
Is it on Amos 5 or Astra 2f?.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2015
@irukandji.For skews = 6 o'clock the lnbs' input terminals should be pointing to the ground.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:55am On Jan 29, 2015
For each of the remaining lnbs,simply select an active tp & slide the lnb along the rail till you hit green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Why2k(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Trust tv in no multi tv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kinggenesis(m): 12:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
omotech:
Is it on Amos 5 or Astra 2f?.
It's on Astra 2f/Multitv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
Getafe vs Villarreal toady live on Champion TV
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 3:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
house i just got delivery of my 3.3m pan dish.im so happy.hotbird.nilesat.hispasat.and every.evey.i can get..thanks to irikiye for his assistance.house is d best lnb aside echosat.digisat. since i cant get it here in akure.pls house i could c different fuji lnb.which is best for pan dish.and how do i know d best of fuji lnb.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Omotech: Pls follow these steps for setting BISS keys on Strong SRT 4950. 1. Download the latest software V3.08P from crosat into a virus free USB Flash 2. Unzip it and load it into your receiver & your receiver will reboot after successful upload 3. Press the Menu key on your remote and go to Patch (No. 4 under Installation) 4. Press OK on the Patch, then go to Manual Key on the patch menu and press OK 5. You will see another Patch Menu with Viaccess, press right volume key 6 times and it will take you BISS Table. 6. Scroll down (using the CH arrow up & down key) and you would see IRIB Varzesh and TV 3 for Ghana (No 77 & 87 or thereabout respectively) 7. Press F1 key on your remote and edit the IRIB Varzesh then OK it and do same for TV3 as well and you are there. If you still need further clarification pls do not hesitate to let me know. This procedure covers SRT 4950H, SRT 4950M & SRT 4950 and the only condition is that you must download the appropriate software for each.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 6:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
blexxonmak:
For each of the remaining lnbs,simply select an active tp & slide the lnb along the rail till you hit green.

I am still having problem hitting green on Amos 5 with 12216v27500 tp.

pls, pardon my pestering .....

can you please tell me the direction the final setup will face?

will it be facing east or south?

I have used sunlight and shadow method to get true north cos I don't trust the accuracy of my phone compass.

the instruction manual says the dish must face south .... but so far , no success.

I have called installers but they started arguing with me that the fec or skew of Amos 5 is not 6 o clock, I told them it had to be, so I can get other satellites, but all their tracking proved abortive.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
pls, if you are using this dish, or know someone using it, can you kindly upload the picture here. if the dish is mounted near a dstv dish, it will make my job easier since I will be able to used that as reference.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
I need a friend in KUMASI to eye something for me . Please pm me.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obascoetubi: 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
DISCOVERY TWIN LNB VS. 4IN 1 LNB HOLDER, WHICH ONE I WL BUY?.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
Or leave your contact number for me to call . Please 020 number.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
Truly1:
Omotech: Pls follow these steps for setting BISS keys on Strong SRT 4950. 1. Download the latest software V3.08P from crosat into a virus free USB Flash 2. Unzip it and load it into your receiver & your receiver will reboot after successful upload 3. Press the Menu key on your remote and go to Patch (No. 4 under Installation) 4. Press OK on the Patch, then go to Manual Key on the patch menu and press OK 5. You will see another Patch Menu with Viaccess, press right volume key 6 times and it will take you BISS Table. 6. Scroll down (using the CH arrow up & down key) and you would see IRIB Varzesh and TV 3 for Ghana (No 77 & 87 or thereabout respectively) 7. Press F1 key on your remote and edit the IRIB Varzesh then OK it and do same for TV3 as well and you are there. If you still need further clarification pls do not hesitate to let me know. This procedure covers SRT 4950H, SRT 4950M & SRT 4950 and the only condition is that you must download the appropriate software for each.
Truely 1 4 my case my srt 4950m was patched with a software of 26-5-2014 last year but once i put the biss keys the channel will open but the keys will not be save, kindly tell me with this latest pacth will it work and the keys saved my location kenya(East Africa.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Omotech, pls download the latest software of V3.08p for SRT 4950m from crosat. I believe the issues would be fixed with this software that came out in Dec 2014. Just follow the procedure and don't forget to OK it from the window that pops up from the left side of the Biss Patch Menu, cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by unikazzy(m): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
This champion tv self no dey stable.........I tire oooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brytqoby: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
unikazzy:
This champion tv self no dey stable.........I tire oooo
it's stable i'm even watchin UFC on it now.btw i'm usin srt 4922. what box ar u usin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.