Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5453610 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
D.lee:

@ bisi12004, use 3934 L 27500 or 3884 R 27500.
Thanks. I will give it a trial.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:14am On Jan 06, 2012
ESTJOZI:

@ ALL I have noted that these satellite which are being lauched do have other band ie L band, ka band etc. are these band compatible with our decoders?
Nice question, i noticed that ka Band lnbs input frequencies range between 18.000GHZ-22.200GHZ  you can't input this ka frequency in a typical strong receivers etc, imagine eutelsat ka-sat @ 9east with this frequency 20185L . (www.lyngsat.com/eka.html) a universal ku lnb range between 10.700GHZ -12.750 a standard C-band lnb range between 3.400 GHZ-4.200GHZ. see a ka band lnb from norsat ,its input frequency  =18.200GHZ-19.200 GHZ ,not all receivers will accept this ka band frequency. As for L-band transponders it is used for digital audio broadcast and multi-media communication etc.For examlple refer to afristar @ 21 east,with L-band TP. (www.tracksat.com/satellite35.html)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osef(m): 5:08am On Jan 06, 2012
@ All happy new year , wishing you all the best
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osef(m): 5:15am On Jan 06, 2012
@ George D thanks for the care, please how much can i get 2.4 m strong dish,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ESTJOZI: 6:40am On Jan 06, 2012
@ODILIBE,thanks for the update and i can see that we need to get extra cash to purchase Ka,L band decoders coz i can forsee that alot of FTA chanels will move from Ku to these new band because of high Frequency and i thing its signal can not break when raining or fogy, so this will be our challenge in years to come. angry angry sad shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2012
SRT 4900, 4910,4930, 4330, 4669 etc
MY 2012 WISH LIST FOR NEW FEATURES IN FUTURE FIRMWARE UPDATES
1- It would be nice to have a Real Time Clock (RTC) that cannot be affected or changed by the channel the receiver is tuned to. Currently you get different clock time readings depending on the channel you are watching no matter whether you set your receiver to your local time.
2- Media player capability should be introduced for SRT 4900/4910 and SRT 4669 series as it is long overdue. I believe this is a software issue rather than being a hadware issue. One of the colour buttons on the remote could be used to activate the media player. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.
3- Recording format compatibility should be maintained all across STRONG SRT receivers. For example SRT 4930 which used to record in TRP format, now records in TS format with the latest patch firmware. This new TS format, although user friendly, cannot be played on SRT 4900/4910 receivers which still record in TRP format that strangely but fortunately plays well on SRT 4930.
4- Include a preview feature on receiver recordings on SRT 4900/4910 just like it is now on SRT 4930.
5- Include a choice of skins and styles for the interface on SRT receivers. Why can't I have a Humax-like interface on my Strong receiver?
6- The text from the EPG’s programme description should be saved along with the recording. This feature is already available on CubeRevo and IPBox HD receivers as standard but is overlooked on so many PVR receivers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2012
just nailed w3c,all the the Fta channels are french apart from Setanta afrique unless som1 has some othr Tp's.pls update me,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
Rextab:

just nailed w3c,all the the Fta channels are french apart from Setanta afrique unless som1 has some othr Tp's.pls update me,
That's the situation on w3c bro. The package is meant for French speaking countries (Even Setanta Africa is Setanta Afrique although audio is still in English as you've rightly observed!) I am there just because of RDV and Setanta as I moved from W4/7 (will retain when w3c is scrambled!). I am made to believe there are currently only three FTA tps. cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spaceman(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
ESTJOZI:

@ODILIBE,thanks for the update and i can see that we need to get extra cash to purchase Ka,L band decoders coz i can forsee that alot of FTA chanels will move from Ku to these new band because of high Frequency and i thing its signal can not break when raining or fogy, so this will be our challenge in years to come. angry angry sad shocked
You have still not grab the understanding of the Radio frequency spectrum.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
osef:

@ George D                                            thanks for the care, please how much can i get 2.4 m strong dish,

@osef,
The last time I checked, STRONG 2.4m pan dish was going for around 24k. It may have increased somewhat especially with what's happening around the country.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
House,
please can someone help confirm if strong 4329 opens dstv unmarried cards.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ESTJOZI: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Pofolo yes it will open but it will take sometime to show picture.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
Pls all wot is d suitable size of dish 2 track W3c. Can 60cm track it? Tanks in antcpatn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
Stevolat:

Pls all wot is d suitable size of dish 2 track W3c. Can 60cm track it? Tanks in antcpatn
yes, 60cm dish can track the bird .use 11024 h 3333 as your tracking freq.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2012
@all
2.4m pan dish and 4669x receiver for sale in ph.if interested call 08037093910
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2012
@ dodos this how it look like w3c.w6.astra2b,w4/7

with this holder you will only track 28,2e and the rest will follow
no more copper wires and ropes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by geefivez(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
@ Ihacked,
Good innovation. How can we construct the Lnb holder by ourself.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
@miju please help your self by following this steps and I will continuous  on your email

you will get most of cband on your 90cm ku with no hazel at all

please make it very well  if you sow any how you  will reap any how
i will be sending you pic by pic in your email on how to construct .the pictures i have now is already on roof top
which will not help you the most

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jimohbello: 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2012
pls also on my email abeg u tommycoast2002@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 6:47am On Jan 08, 2012
@I hacked thanks brother! i'll wait for the mail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:32am On Jan 08, 2012
It's clear that technology is moving very fast. It wasn't long ago that Mpeg 4 receivers came to the scene. Now there is this Ka band (not Ku or C band) with very high frequencies which I believe our receivers will reject. I don't know as of now if mere change of LNB and software patch will make our ordinary receivers manage these higher frequencies that seem to be spreading. Nigcomsat 1R recently launched has 8 Ka transponders, Yahsat 1B to be launched on 17.02.2012 has 21 Ka transponders, Hylas 2 to be launched 06.04.2012 has 24 Ka transponders. Oga Odilibe gave more light to this issue on this very same page but we surely haven't considered the way out coz we may buy the LNB but what about inputting the frequency? Shouldn't we start discussing this before we are left out?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by muri2020: 8:17am On Jan 08, 2012
@all pls I need on how to track Arryadia 2 w6 with 11653 as my frequence.Pls assist me with guidlines.Thank in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by geefivez(m): 8:17am On Jan 08, 2012
@I Hacked
please help me with the set up pictures on my mail too. geefivez@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2012
@IHACKED pls help ur boy with the set up and how to construct the hold, pls my email is wilsonumassor1@yahoo.com, thanks in anticipation,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2012
Gurus in da house,i salute u.I thank u all for d good works,I always marvel at ur selflessness.i pour out my heart in thanking ur immense generosity.
I want 2 know if d new software enabling strong recievers 2 use dstv smart card,can use card splinter.
Thanking u in expectation of kind and generous reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2012
I Hacked:

@miju please help your self by following this steps and I will continuous  on your email

you will get most of cband on your 90cm ku with no hazel at all

please make it very well  if you sow any how you  will reap any how
i will be sending you pic by pic in your email on how to construct .the pictures i have now is already on roof top
which will not help you the most

pls, i need the tutorial (bisi12004@gmail.com). Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tony84: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
I Hacked:

@ dodos this how it look like w3c.w6.astra2b,w4/7

with this holder you will only track 28,2e and the rest will follow
no more copper wires and ropes
pls i hacked i need d tutorial pics.ejor.my mail is efe4live2001@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
All try this feed on w3a 7east 11138 h 4687 anytime sport is on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
Pidzo:

It's clear that technology is moving very fast. It wasn't long ago that Mpeg 4 receivers came to the scene. Now there is this Ka band (not Ku or C band) with very high frequencies which I believe our receivers will reject. I don't know as of now if mere change of LNB and software patch will make our ordinary receivers manage these higher frequencies that seem to be spreading. Nigcomsat 1R recently launched has 8 Ka transponders, Yahsat 1B to be launched on 17.02.2012 has 21 Ka transponders, Hylas 2 to be launched 06.04.2012 has 24 Ka transponders. Oga Odilibe gave more light to this issue on this very same page but we surely haven't considered the way out coz we may buy the LNB but what about inputting the frequency? Shouldn't we start discussing this before we are left out?

@Pidzo,
While it is true that there has been a lot of interest in Ka band of recent, there are many other things to put into consideration before it can really be a viable medium for satellite communication.

Unlike KU and C band, Ka band suffers severely from weather attenuation. What this means in simple terms is that the signal is much more prone to being wiped off by cloud and rainy weather (worse than even what we experience with Ku band). Because of this, Ka band is mostly used by internet companies and also for radar and research purposes.

However, as space becomes more of an issue with existing satellites and KU band slots become very hard to come by, and with more satellite companies migrating to Ka, it may just be a matter of time before technology again finds a way to go around this major drawback of signal rain fade.

For more reading on this topic, see the link:

http://www.tele-satellite.us/TELE-satellite-0709/eng/feature.pdf
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2012
pls can any one tell me what has happen to Hitv because i 2 month valide subscription nd i cant accass any of their chennels nd hv try calling them,no one is answering the call.pls do any one kwon what as happen to them
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
Hitv is bankrupt.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:02am On Jan 09, 2012
George_D:

@Pidzo,
While it is true that there has been a lot of interests in Ka band of recent, there are many other things to put into consideration before it can really be a viable medium for satellite communication.

Unlike KU and C band, Ka band suffers severely from weather attenuation. What this means in simple terms is that the signal is much more prone to being wiped off by cloud and rainy weather (worse than even what we experience with Ku band). Because of this, Ka band is mostly used by internet companies and also for radar and research purposes.

However, as space becomes more of an issue with existing satellites and KU band slots become very hard to come by, and with more satellite companies migrating to Ka, it may just be a matter of time before technology again finds a way to go around this major drawback of signal rain fade.

For more reading on this topic, see the link:

http://www.tele-satellite.us/TELE-satellite-0709/eng/feature.pdf

Thanks for the response and I hope we will all be following the trend (Ka progress) to keep abreast with the technology. It is said that, " if you snooze you lose" wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.