Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5432867 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 6:34am On Jan 02, 2012
life707:

Also on 1.8M depending on your location
Oga i haven't had from u for so long hope it is well. I will want us to chat on gtalk, ussals45@gmail.com thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2012
The National Consumer Commission now wants to force South Africa's pay TV companies to sell their TV channels to you separately

DStv, TopTV ordered to change contracts

The National Consumer Commission has told DStv’s operator MultiChoice and TopTV’s operator On Digital Media to amend their current contracts with subscribers which the commission says do not apply with South Africa’s new Consumer Protection Act.

In a move that could have serious repercussions for South Africa’s pay TV industry, The National Consumer Commission also wants both South African pay TV operators to break down the channels in its bouquets and give subscribers the choice of a la carte channel subscriptions.

The Commission has issued compliance notices to MultiChoice and ODM.

The National Consumer Commission wants MultiChoice and ODM to allow subscribers to pay for the specific TV channels they want, and want the DStv and TopTV channel selection to be grouped into genres.

See more at:
http://mitchellsplainonline.com/2011/10/22/dstv-toptv-ordered-to-change-contracts/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ESTJOZI: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2012
@PIDZO do you see this comming to Malawi? grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
ESTJOZI:

@PIDZO do you see this comming to Malawi? grin grin shocked shocked
Bro, I don't see this coming here. I even doubt if this will materialise in South Africa itself. Reports indicate that the service providers are challenging this in court. wink wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
@all Please what is dish motorising and what does it do in dish, i need reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
Adetayo100 its actually adding a motor to your dish so that you are able to move it from the comfort of your seat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
@pidzo, have you nailed w3c? what is the distance from w3a am in zambia. anything new at the moment?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
etcwest:

@pidzo, have you nailed w3c? what is the distance from w3a am in zambia. anything new at the moment?
Yes, I am locked to W3c bro. W3a is at 7deg east while W3c is at 16 deg E. From W3a you need to raise your dish a bit ( a few inches) to the right. So far there is nothing new from the original channels that have been there. I am anticipating some changes shortly! cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
thanx man realy appriciate. will 90cm dish do?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
etcwest:

thanx man realy appriciate. will 90cm dish do?
Yes 90cm will do if you use a good lnb (not the scarce ones used for fringe reception but the usual ones). The tps that give problem are the ones that we need, the one having Setanta, RDV, etc. it seems they have a weaker signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
Does in southern africa may get more channels then does at west,so better your tracking to get all southern beams too.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
gadotor:

Does in southern africa may get more channels then does at west,so better your tracking to get all southern beams too.thank you
I dont know how many channels you brothers in West Africa are getting on this sat. Here in Southern Africa I have managed to get about 25 FTA channels. I don't know if anybody in this part of Africa is getting more than these (may be Etcwest will furnish us with more info when he shoots down this bird!) Ilish, have you tried this w3c? 
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ GADATOR , i tried the posted it and after blind scan it gave me MGM and AFRO music, which are not showing ,am i on the the wrong bird or something?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pidzo:

I dont know how many channels you brothers in West Africa are getting on this sat. Here in Southern Africa I have managed to get about 25 channels. I don't know if anybody in this part of Africa is getting more than these (may be Etcwest will furnish us with more info when he shoots down this bird!) Ilish, have you tried this w3c?
PIDZO, I have not tried it of late.Am into cband trials these day and no ku.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
etcwest:

@ GADATOR , i tried the posted it and after blind scan it gave me MGM and AFRO music, which are not showing ,am i on the the wrong bird or something?
Obviously I am not Gadotor but I was just wondering if you are hunting for w3c or something else coz with MGM and Afro MUsic thats W2a at 10 deg East. If you are then looking for W3c you should continue raising the dish to get to 16 degrees. Apologies if I am poking my nose in other peoples business!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
@Ilish
Ok bro. You will inform us the fruits of your labour when time is ripe!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
@pidzo dont worry you are helping alot.its unfortunate it has started raining. i will hunt it next weekend.i wanted to get setanta but someone just told me its open on w4/7 .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pidzo what type of decorder and size of dish do you use?And what satellites are you monitoring.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
trek4000:

Pidzo what type of decorder and size of dish do you use?And what satellites are you monitoring.
I am seriously suffering from ASAS bro. I have one 65cm dish permanently locked at Intelsat 7/10 ku, one 80cm currently on Sirius 4 ku (may be moved any time), one 90cm dish on Eutelsat w3a (permanently there), one 1.8m prime focus currently on w3c ku, one 1.8m prime focus which moments ago was on Arabsat 5a but now on Atlantic Bird 3 C. Satellites that I frequently monitor are Apstar 2r, Thaicom 5, Paksat 1r, Arabsat 5c, Intelsat 10-02, Eutelsat w4/7, Nss 12, among others. I am using Strong SRT 4930 HD and I am about to launch an attack on Atlantic Bird 7. shocked shocked And you bro?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
Iam equally using a Strong 4930 HD and as for the dish sizes i'm using a 90cm which is pointed at the bird intelsat 7/10ku,then i have a 1.8m dish pointing Arabsat 5A and lastly i have a 2.4m Dish which is pointing either 906 or 902 C this dish is motorised though i have a problem of aligning it in the arc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
trek4000:

Iam equally using a Strong 4930 HD and as for the dish sizes i'm using a 90cm which is pointed at the bird intelsat 7/10ku,then i have a 1.8m dish pointing Arabsat 5A and lastly i have a 2.4m Dish which is pointing either 906 or 902 C this dish is motorised though i have a problem of aligning it in the arc.
Where are you?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugoc1: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
Protest

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugoc1: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pray against bad government policies

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ugo.c
Maybe its time to visit the solar thread. You may find useful info in there how to beat the
present sharp increase in fuel prices. FTA and solar power seem to have more in common
now than ever before! smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390522.99999.html#bot

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
sorry to get you guys irked by this cos i know it's a "detour", but i urgently need to buy a conical scalar ring and a 65mm lnb holder for a strong model c band lnb. i am in lagos, where can i get this and how much? my aim is to work on a strong model offset 90cm dish.
response will be appreciated.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugoc1: 6:47am On Jan 03, 2012
George_D:

@ugo.c
Maybe its time to visit the solar thread. You may find useful info in there how to beat the
present sharp increase in fuel prices. FTA and solar power seem to have more in common
now than ever before! smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390522.99999.html#bot

@ George_D

If we can solve the Power problem with solar, then how do we solve Transportation?

May be by

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:10am On Jan 03, 2012
Ugo the solution is not far at all if we can convert all the organic waste we generate daily into bio fuel.we wont have much stress depending on the government.in sweden they now have car,buses and trains that now run on waste.My work is almost done on that project if the waste is available i can convert it to fuel for cooking and generating electricity.if you are interested and you have the waste.contact me on "the3muskettiers@gmail.com".do u know that ram can generate you fuel for cooking on a daily basis.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2012
Our best bet is to go green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:56am On Jan 03, 2012
obnelly:

Our best bet is to go green.
True talk bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
miju:

sorry to get you guys irked by this cos i know it's a "detour", but i urgently need to buy a conical scalar ring and a 65mm lnb holder for a strong model c band lnb. i am in lagos, where can i get this and how much? my aim is to work on a strong model offset 90cm dish.
response will be appreciated.

@miju,
Have you tried using the scaler ring from a fuji lnb? Will that help?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
@OBNELLY,
CONVERTION OF WASTE TO FUEL IS ONE OF THE MAJOR CAUSES OF GLOBAL WARMING.
KILLING THIS PLANET FOR YOUR OWN SELFISH PLEASURES IS WRONG.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 3:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
life707:

Also on 1.8M depending on your location

@life707:
What satellite hits fx using 1.8m and where are u located?

@All: I have really been outta cyber circulation for so long it seems like ages. Reason: my local ISP was down. It is still to get up and run. Wanna wish us all a really phat fta bountiful year 2012. Happy New year to all my fellow brother fta hobbiests!

@Gadotor:
My G, congratulation for taking over the relay batton from George_D the king. Man, don't fret your head about any bad belle comment for we all know that you merit. U are a good guy and that is for sure. Un seul mot, CONTINUE!

@All: I have done everything under the SUN and used all the tips given here in the forum but still can't hit W3C. With my signal strength creeps as high as 54 but never converts to green. I hit EW4/7 and Astra2b at 92 percent quality. I pick Intelsat 7/10 up to 72 persent. But, EW3C remains red. I have used all the tps and symbol rates given here, placed my lnb (digisat 0.2db) at 8 o'clock; changed lnbs to strong; changed coaxial cables without any improvements. What really may be my impediment? My friend in Yaounde captures it with quality up to 92 percent which means that I may be doing something stupid somewhere! Man, I've picked up more tricky sats before. i don't know why one so close and easy is excaping my grasp.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
Then keep littering your envirönment with waste i guess that will make your climate look healther.you sound like a novice in the field of biological engineering.you better dust your textbooks and read more on causes of climatic change before typing anything next time.have a nice day.i wont be suprise next time if u say solar energy isnt good for people in africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.