Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets (44335 Views)

X Influencer VivaXY Posts About Cautioning Obidients Against Insulting SW Voters / Muric Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exam On Salah Day / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Onokwu001(m): 12:20pm On May 14, 2022
Go to sokoto and say this please
Bodmum:
So death should be the penalty for disrespecting the silly prophet? Animals.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Trojan8(m): 12:20pm On May 14, 2022
Shimran:

And you know the consequences of playing with my religion. You can play with yours.

See this one celebrating the fact that he's a killer. Which nonsense religion? You are human first before any senseless association that you belong to.

Unless you are an animal which would explain why you see humans as something to be killed over religion.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by pieces: 12:22pm On May 14, 2022
Cyynthia:
I laugh when people say that Yoruba Muslim are very peaceful.. lol

Why won't they be peaceful when the southern region they found themselves is dominated by christians ?

Muslims are peaceful when they are in minority..

Put Youruba Muslim in a Muslim dominated region and watch them and be like other muslinms..
Just look at what is coming out from this man's mouth..
I Pity Yoruba Christians.

I've never thought of it this way ooo, but I think your are right.

You need to see how fanatical Yorubas are in the north, even more than the Hausas.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Leonbonapart(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2022
Muhammad is a pedophile
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Onokwu001(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2022
That's what you and your type don't understand behave yourself at the right place. Deborah thought she was in her father's house where she can spew trash and go Scot free but little did she know her Waterloo was near. She got what she deserved
Tranquillity360:
If Yoruba Muslims are majority, they will be worst than their northern brothers.

Even northern Muslims are always peaceful when they are minority, come to East and see them behaving normal and respectful.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by M1Garand(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2022
Cyynthia:

Why won't they be peaceful when the southern region they found themselves is dominated by christians ?

Put Youruba Muslim in a Muslim dominated region and watch them and be like other muslinms..
I Pity Yoruba christians.

Nonsense talk.
You're talking as if Igbo Christians like Yoruba Christains too that much.
Your agenda of divide and rule won't work in the south west. Can an Igbo Christian man marry a Yoruba Christain woman without any objection from you lots?
We see beyond all these agenda's Igbos hate Yoruba's and Hausa's that's fact.
On Nairaland here you people tag RCCG, Deeper life, mfm as Yoruba churches so where's the love? You don't even associate with White garment churches and you're talking as if there's one massive love between Igbo Christians and Yoruba Christains.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by M1Garand(m): 12:28pm On May 14, 2022
pieces:

I've never thought of it this way ooo, but I think your are right.

You need to see how fanatical Yorubas are in the north, even more than the Hausas.

If you're Yoruba Would you rather live with an Igbo Christian in the south east or a Yoruba Muslim in the south west?
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by M1Garand(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2022
ufotty2001:

I grew up in Lagos and ogun state.. go and check very well Christians are more than Muslims in SW. In a street you can have one or 2 mosques but churches can be 12 to 20 in just one street..

Number of churches is not a good metric to judge population. Because we both know how churches are being opened these days.
Muslims worship in togetherness.
If there's a big redeem church in your area that can accommodate all Christains in that area why opening smaller churches if truly your belief system is the same.
That's the difference. So you can't use number of churches to judge.

With the influx of Igbo into Lagos you might be right to say Christains might have an edge in Lagos.
But when it comes to indigenous Yoruba population in Lagos coupled with Yoruba's from other south west state then Muslims have an edge. But factoring in the igbos then the story might change but the population is still balanced not lopsided like you have in the east and north. Go to government schools around and check the bio-data of most pupils and students you would get the answer you're seeking.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by jrusky(m): 12:38pm On May 14, 2022
Warning who? You are all mad. Look, this trouble you mofos are looking for one good day it will consume you in this country.

This was how your fellow Muslims were causing trouble in Central Africa Rep few years back but when the Christains and other religion ganged up against the Musims and started lynching any Muslim on site you motherfuckers changed the music to the damn oh this is "Islamaphobia, oh where is UN, oh where is EU" bullshit.

Same way you fellow motherfuckers provoked the Myanmar people till their president was charged for genocide. Just going everywhere provoking humanity and when being brutalised then come crying me river.

This is why I refused to criticised China action against the Rongiya and I will not because it was Rongiya that started the provocation.

Muric warn yourself.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by ThePlugg(m): 12:44pm On May 14, 2022
What blasphemy?? What prophet??! To hell with Religion, officially all Muslims keep your distance
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Topzee109: 12:52pm On May 14, 2022
imbless:

Just a single death? It seems you are demented and senile!
The train incident is a single death, bandit and herdsmen butchering people is just a single death, Biko Haram roasting people like rats is a single death.
Emancipate yourself from religious bigotry and intolerance. The north rejects anything called enlightenment and embrace ignorance.
Your ignominy is second to none, that's why you are illogical like a brain dead zombie.
The moment you stop glorifying that dead Arab man, and acknowledge that he is not the Allah that good Muslims pray to, the better for you.

So you just agreed its both ways

Army couple killed, cows burnt, Hausa fulani killed

Sit at home killing innocent citizen, skull mining killing females
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by West2019(m): 12:56pm On May 14, 2022
Muhammad is a devil , animal, dog, bastard, idiot, God punish that useless Muhammad.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by zionzoe(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2022
mhmsadyq:

LOL!
Take it easy!

You haven't tell me why your crucifiedgod can't do anything about it...

Leave your keyboard and a faceless forum.
Go to Sokoto, say the rubbish you are saying about the prophet and let's see if your ccrucifiedgod will prove himself any bettee than with Deborah!
Remember to say in jesus name!
Holyghost fire!
this words living rent free in your head is our target

if you want me to come out in market square , let me see moh picture first

or the picture of the 2 right handed puppet allah.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by themanderon: 1:00pm On May 14, 2022
The truth is All adherents of the Mohammedan religion are murderers and potential murderers. Any claim to the contrary is pure falsehood.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by watersideboys: 1:01pm On May 14, 2022
mhmsadyq:

Go Sokoto go talk am.

Muhammed can suck my balls
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by West2019(m): 1:06pm On May 14, 2022
Christian should stop going to North school . Muhammad in question is there in Hell fire why Christ is in heaven wit our creator., God punish Muhammad
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by IfnobeGod20: 1:19pm On May 14, 2022
Did Falana sighted their resignation letters to be sure they did resigned. The only person we heard throw in his resignation letter was the Minister of state for Education, the rest me never resigned. It was just speculation upon speculation.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Truthtalker1: 1:23pm On May 14, 2022
god wer no fit fight for himself, dat one na God?
Dat prophet Mohammed na prophet Cletus ..den for de call am . Bcus na god ov war him b.
My blasphemy
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by comodo: 1:26pm On May 14, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Mynd44 Lalasticlala.
This is the original statement and headline released by MURIC without addition or subtraction.

It wasn't doctored as Cyynthia / Yobabad doctored the headline.

I hope it's corrected.

MURIC Condemns Killing of Debrah Samuel over alleged Blasphemy

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has condemned the killing in Sokoto of a student, Deborah Samuel, over allegation of blasphemy.

In a statement released by its director, Professor Ishaq Akintola, on Friday, 13th May, 2022, MURIC described the killing as outrageous, illegal and unlawful.

The full statement reads :

“A female student of the Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto, Deborah Samuel, was on Thursday killed for allegedly blaspheming against the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). The blaspheme statement was reportedly posted on a whatshap group. She was asked to withdraw the statement but she allegedly refused to do so. The school’s security unit and police were overwhelmed by the crowd when they tried to rescue her.

“MURIC strongly condemns this killing and all others that have been happening in Nigeria in recent times. Those aggrieved by the student’s post should have reported her to the security agencies or to the Shariah police, the hizbah. Mob killing is archaic and bohemian. It belongs to the Stone Age. Nobody has the right to take the law into his hands.

“The Glorious Qur’an compares the killing of a single person to the killing of the whole of humanity just as it compares the saving of a life to the rescue of all homo sapiens (Qur’an 5:32) In like manner, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) himself condemned all acts of violence and advocated peaceful conduct at all times.

“But this incident should not be condemned in isolation. The recent trend whereby Nigerians now freely shed their brothers blood should be condemned by all patriots. In this regard, we also strongly denounce the killing of several Northern Muslims in the South East in the past few months.

“We frown at the recent burning last week of a truck fully loaded with cows in the South East as well as the killing of many Muslims of South East origin by their Igbo brothers in the same South East. We note with keen interest that Muslims in the North did not retaliate when these killings were taking place.

“MURIC calls on the Sokoto Police Command to do everything within its power to get to the bottom of the yesterday’s killing of the female student over alleged blasphemy. We appeal to members of the public to remain calm and law abiding. Nigerians should allow the police to carry out its investigations on the case. The Sokoto Police Command has started well as it already has two suspects in detention for the killing.

“Meanwhile we remind Nigerians to always exercise restraint on matters of religion. Free speech is no longer free if it amounts to religious provocation. Even the European Court has ruled that the utterance of derisive statements against the prophet of any religion is a crime.

“We affirm clearly, categorically and unequivocally that there is a symbiotic relationship between provocation, violence and extremism. While MURIC will not condone extremism and violence, the anatomy of terrorism is becoming clearer day by day. We must all ponder over the causal-effect theory. Violence and terrorism are mere symptoms. The real disease is provocation. Violence and terrorism are mere smoke. Provocation is the fire and we all know that there is no smoke without fire.

“We therefore appeal to Nigerians to desist from insulting, deriding or abusing the prophets of other religions. Muslims should continue to respect Jesus (peace be upon him) whom the Christians hold very dear. In the same vein, Christians should avoid casting aspersion on the person of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). We have experienced enough religious crisis in the land.
Wetin concern me if you call Jesus peadophile. He is a God. So why will I get angry. He should show why he is supernatural. Na me go fight him fight?!
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Shimran(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2022
Trojan8:

See this one celebrating the fact that he's a killer. Which nonsense religion? You are human first before any senseless association that you belong to.

Unless you are an animal which would explain why you see humans as something to be killed over religion.

The whole North are Muslims. That is what your write up mean.

No part of the North you will enter without seeing Christians or other traditionalist. Abides by each other's rule, know everyone's redline and have peace of mind.

Quite sure that lady has been there for long time until her utterance. And we Muslim don't give a Bleep whom you are, irrespective of who is the Nigeria president.
It can be related during Miss world riot in Kaduna, during obasanjo, somewhere 2002.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Comedian2019: 1:27pm On May 14, 2022
Bodmum:
living in same space with these animals is very unhealthy. These basterds serving a god who can't fight for himself, woe unto the prophet mohammed
That religion of violence is a problem to the world.
Afghanistan is a Muslim country.
Even the muslims in that country are running away from there. If you give them the chance, they will all run to UK and US - those they refer to as christian countries.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by omowumi9: 1:33pm On May 14, 2022
Why would you say something that will provoke others knowing fully well that it will. Let's have some tolerance. Don't speak ill of ant prophet; be it Muslim or Christian. Serve your God and let others do same. Be wise and take to advise

Bodmum:
living in same space with these animals is very unhealthy. These basterds serving a god who can't fight for himself, woe unto the prophet mohammed
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by comodo: 1:34pm On May 14, 2022
Cyynthia:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/05/13/don%E2%80%99t-insult-prophets-othe Johr-religions-violence-terrorism-are-mere-symptoms-provocation
My ancestors worshipped and revered deities. And if anyone try insult some of them, na d deities dey fight him fight. Just approach am with clean mind and clean heart. Your oppressor go know say it dey happen. Even till today. They were later converted to Christianity through education. They still have d belief that since their small god dey fight him fight, Then this superior one that doesn't need any sacrifice should also do his thing. They saw it that the God does his things and they joined. Now someone will tell me that one man that lived in Arabia and died long time ago, said that I should kill anyone that insults his name and I believed. Na mumu I be. If u no fit fight ur fight then u are dead and nothing.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by fixmykey(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2022
WHAT NONESENCE ARE U TALKING ABOUT.... WHEN STERLING BANK MD SAID THE RESSURECTION OF CHRIST IS LIKE AGEGE BREAD. WHO KILLED HIM? TO HELL WITH YOU AND YOUR RELIGION. ALWAYS QUICK TO SAY IT IS A RELIGION OF PEACE
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by comodo: 1:38pm On May 14, 2022
omowumi9:
Why would you say something that will provoke others knowing fully well that it will. Let's have some tolerance. Don't speak ill of ant prophet; be it Muslim or Christian. Serve your God and let others do same. Be wise and take to advise

Even my village deities dey fight him fight. Why will I do a blood job for someone who claims to be superior than me. Why can't he do it himself If he no be ordinary? Even some dead strong men still dey comot dey show people pepper.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by chukwuoke(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2022
Because una know get sense na. Your religion is forceful one with so much treat and inhumane activities

Look at what is coming out from your mouth. I am appealing to you to go and say this in the north not on social media[/quote]
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by olasesi(m): 1:46pm On May 14, 2022
milliondollas:
THE TRUTH IS THE MUSLIM PROPHET WHEN PUT ON A SPOT LIGHT DOES NOT FIT INTO WHAT HE CLAIM TO BE, AS A PROPHET HE MARRIED AN UNDER AGE GIRL, 2 HIS FIRST WIFE WAS A RICH WIDOW FAR OLDER THAN HIM, IN THIS MODERN WORLD IT IS CALL SUGAR MUMMY, 3 AS A PROPHET HE SAID GOD PERMIT HIM TO MARRY AS MANY WIFE AS HE WISH, BUT THE Faithfull ARE TO MARRY NOT MORE THAN 4. THIS ARE JUST FEW OF HIS PROFILE, WHEN YOU PUT PROPHET MUHAMMAD ON SPOT LIGHT IT OFTEN PORTRAYED THE FOLLOWERS AS FOOLISH PEOPLE FOR BELIEVING SUCH A PERSON AS A BELOVED PROPHET OF GOD , BECAUSE OF THAT THEY DON'T WANT ANY ONE TO LOOK HIM UP OR TALK ABOUT HIM, JUST VENERATE HIM, DON'T TALK , DON'T ASK QUESTIONS, YOU KNOW TRUTH IS PAINFUL, IT HURT, DON'T TALK ABOUT THEIR PROPHET.

Hello sir. I am responding to you because you spoke well devoid of insults. Commenting on Nairaland isn't something I do often but I want to respond to this.
1. HE MARRIED AN UNDERAGE.
We all consider this underage now in this era or at least Nigeria. In Egypt, its 21. Here in Nigeria its 18. So I ask, who is correct and on what basis is one correct and the other wrong. Did you know that people at that time didn't consider it underage? People gave Aisha (R.A) to the prophet. They didn't consider it underage. Research your own culture and people and find out what age people married 1400 years ago. I am sure it won't be 18 because education wouldn't so girls marry at much younger age. There was no reason to wait till that older age. And again sir, would you have found anything wrong with that if you lived at that time? According to the Catholic, Mary was married to Joseph when she was 13. If you don't belief the Catholic, what age would you think it would have been? 18 years? 2000 years ago?

2. HIS FIRST WIFE WAS A RICH WIDOW OLDER THAN HIM.
It was that widow that proposed marriage to him and not him that came to her. They were married and had kids. And I don't think marrying someone older he was older than wouldn't have made him less a prophet. He didn't marry anyone else except after her death.

3. MARRYING FOUR WOMEN
I don't understand what you meant here. But we all are aware that many men of God had more than one wife in the Bible. And God didn't stop them not to.

And theses are the truth Muslims know and it doesn't not hurt them. I always urge others to research themselves to know the truth and not depend on hearsays, etc. Thank you sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Kubernetes: 1:47pm On May 14, 2022
dejavubobo1:

Wrong the interpretation is everywhere even tho the original note was in hausa language there was no part where Mohammed or prophet was mentioned. Anyway it only shows tolerance and been humane isn't an islamic tin. Have a nice day

Bro,i agree with u that killing her is greatly wrong.
I also agreed that those that killed her are wrong.
I am from the North.

Below was what she said in Hausa.
"Manzon Allah din mai? Manzon Allah din buroba"

If u understand Hausa,
Manzon Allah means Prophet of God and its Muhammad Monika is Hausa.

Buroba means Your father in Hausa.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Maghan37: 1:51pm On May 14, 2022
Cyynthia:

Muslims are peaceful when they are in minority.. That is not true. You

It is not really an accurate account. Some Yoruba states like Lagos, Oyo and Osun have majority of its population has muslims. You have many homes in Yoruba where the wives are christians and the husbands are muslims but yet they never quarel over religion. The truth is that Yorubas and Southerners as a whole have religious tolerance. Although even being a Muslim i feel your pain as and i feel pained about how northerners keep tarnishing the religion, but although it is normal human behaviour but don't let it cloud you judgement against other reasonable people who are muslims out there.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by UNDFTD: 2:00pm On May 14, 2022
These guys are nothing but violent criminals who operate under the guise of religion to commit heinous crimes. I am still waiting on Nairaland Forum keyboard Warriors, Social Media Almajiris, Fulani Apologists and A$$ Lickers to come out and make their voices heard by condemning the barbaric murder of this innocent young woman by religious zealots. It seems like they all have lost their voices but I dare any of these idiots to open their stinking dirty orifice to comment on any propaganda and Fake News relating to ESN and IPOB.
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Osibajo2023: 2:05pm On May 14, 2022
Cyynthia:

he spoke well, stop condemning other people's religion or prophets
Re: MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets by Tareq1105: 2:09pm On May 14, 2022
EbinZyan:
When will these guys be banned?

The Bible says we should not be afraid of one that can kill your body but can't kill your soul rather we should be afraid of God who can kill our body and soul.

They gathered and kill the body of Deborah Samuel Yakubu but they couldn't kill nor destroy her soul. Her soul has gone back to her creator. Deborah died for her faith.

Very unfortunate you were in the same class with your enemies. I believe you thought they were your friends. It's over now, we all would die someday.

May your rest be peaceful at the feet of Jesus Christ, and at the bosom of your maker who's more than able to avenge your death. To those responsible for this, the anger of God with His wrath shall visit them to their 3rd generation.

It's my prayer that the Lord will console your parents, family and friends.

Rest on Deborah Samuel Yakubu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photo Of Nigeria Army And Families In 1963 / National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate / Naira Redesign: Protest Breakout In Ogbomoso (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.