Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. (35926 Views)

Finally!! My JAMB Result Puts Smiles On My Face. / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank / JAMB Result Slip Printing Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Vipro(m): 11:42am On May 16, 2022
Skymason20:
Just study the one on ur mind ..

I wanted to study political science
But I listen to my uncle who insisted i studying political science education..

Although I don't regret studying pos education..

But wish I was a pure political science student,
That way I will not stress my self too much because I love political science course

To cut the story short I am yet to score below 65 in any political science course but struggle with education courses and borrowed once ..
please bro,is it true that most educational courses are dual honours?

Are educational courses worth in this present Nigeria
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2022
Eastcoastboy:
Asking for a sister. Aside Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, what other course is lucrative and good to study in this present dispensation. Jamb score 203
Computer Science

1 Like

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by haabidah666: 11:48am On May 16, 2022
I don't like both undecided
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by determination26(m): 11:49am On May 16, 2022
When you matriculate a a law student, please update us. Keep your head straight and follow your heart. Last last it's your happiness that should matter first.
mlpnko:
I just checked my jamb result and i scored 283. Initially, my choice of course was law, but my parents insisted that l chose mass comm but my choice is law. What can l do, l need advices pls.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Gentlevip: 11:49am On May 16, 2022
Big rubbish.

Are they not your parents Go and discuss with them with warm jovial respect and honesty.

Both of you wll arrive at the same conclusion. No one loves you more

1 Like

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Spizzy1: 11:51am On May 16, 2022
pegix:
rubbish
Either mass comm.or law i see no different

Waste Brain in what sense

So those studying mass comm.doesn have it upstairs or law students are better

Lols.... kid's reasoning

Okay, next!
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by worldclass68(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2022
Jashub:
Whose life is it : is it yours, or your parents ? If it is yours, then you need no counsel . But if it is your parents ,then you must do as they say while being miserable at the same time.undecided

PLS LISTEN THIS MAN!!!!

Some yrs back I was in your position.....
Well I listen to them plus some religious consultation acclaimed by them ( wished I didn't) ..
Had good results in sch tho...but I was frustrated all through....an art student while in sec sch then jumped into engineering courses in higher inst.....
My brother I suffered hen...luckily I didn't failed any course, but I can read inside water...I once studied 8pm to 10am straight off, can't forget that day (PHY 101)...

Wished I even diverted all those energies into something way more better like MBBS or Nursing..
All those sleepless nights could have worth it. undecided
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by master224: 12:02pm On May 16, 2022
If you are confident you have what it takes to make it in the law profession, go ahead, just keep in mind that the number of law graduates been pumped into the society is now more than criminals.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by brightest5050: 12:13pm On May 16, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

Very funny comment. 200 can get him law into any federal university

You lie. Except your dad is the Chancellor even at that it's difficult
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by divinemichael(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:
I just checked my jamb result and i scored 283. Initially, my choice of course was law, but my parents insisted that l chose mass comm but my choice is law. What can l do, l need advices pls.

Coincidentally, we are almost similar, I was studying masscom, the course was great but I later wrote jamb again and moved to law. My jamb score was 279. Bro no sane person can compare masscom to law. Law has alot of prospects. Despite how the society is, if you study it effectively, there are lots of top law firms willing to pay you big. I'm in 400 level now, My area of specialty is criminal justice, human rights and maritime law. Law is too wide and promising. We even have mass media law. If you attend the class, is as if you're studying masscom. Please don't go for bronze when you can reach the gold. We virtually have all kinds of law. Even medicine law. There you master all kinds of medical terms as though you doing medicine lol��
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eyiwunmi33(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2022
You had better go for what you like lest you feel bad whenever you see students in their black and white on campus. I'm a law student myself, and I'm unsure how bad I would have felt if I was not allowed to study law. Try to let your parents reason with you. Wish you the best.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Marigold2rock(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2022
Eastcoastboy:
Asking for a sister. Aside Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, what other course is lucrative and good to study in this present dispensation. Jamb score 203

Study radiography u will never regret it . That's if U're a science related student.

2 Likes

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by lomprico(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:

Pick your choice! Your parents won't be tge one studying.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by ufotty2001: 12:27pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:
Exactly my score in 2014.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by cooooooks(m): 12:32pm On May 16, 2022
Just 1 above my score in 2011. Good luck and good success.

Fcmb2022:
If you listen and follow ur heart (ur parents) u will make a mistake.

follow ur mind ...... and be happy
anyways congrats on ur score.
i scored 338 and i will be going for Pharmacy.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Kwara1stson: 12:34pm On May 16, 2022
Eastcoastboy:
medical lab science, Radiography, optometry.

1 Like

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eyiwunmi33(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2022
rowland545:
yes u can....230 is d bench mark for a good score
Which university would admit a candidate into it's faculty of law with 230? 260 sef, nah grace.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by ddeola: 1:35pm On May 16, 2022
It's your life, follow your dream because at a particular point, the only thing that will keep you going will be the reason that you were the one that chose the course of study not your parents. Plead with your parents to allow you follow your dream because you will need their support as well. Promise never to let them down and assure them that you will do your very best. Goodluck
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by dontrulee: 2:18pm On May 16, 2022
Fcmb2022:
If you listen and follow ur heart (ur parents) u will make a mistake.

follow ur mind ...... and be happy
anyways congrats on ur score.
i scored 338 and i will be going for Pharmacy.

You scored 338?
That's nice. Why go for pharmacy and not medicine?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by dontrulee: 2:21pm On May 16, 2022
divinemichael:

Coincidentally, we are almost similar, I was studying masscom, the course was great but I later wrote jamb again and moved to law. My jamb score was 279. Bro no sane person can compare masscom to law. Law has alot of prospects. Despite how the society is, if you study it effectively, there are lots of top law firms willing to pay you big. I'm in 400 level now, My area of specialty is criminal justice, human rights and maritime law. Law is too wide and promising. We even have mass media law. If you attend the class, is as if you're studying masscom. Please don't go for bronze when you can reach the gold. We virtually have all kinds of law. Even medicine law. There you master all kinds of medical terms as though you doing medicine lol��

Medical law is something I will like to major into. I loved law from a young age (my dad is a lawyer) but I ended up studying Medicine and becoming a doctor. I guided and still guiding my younger brother, currently in 400level. I Sabi law pass medicine sef even though I be medical scholar. grin cheesy
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2022
Kwara1stson:
medical lab science, Radiography, optometry.

Arh! Baba fear God oh! I say Jamb score 203.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:15pm On May 16, 2022
Marigold2rock:

Study radiography u will never regret it . That's if U're a science related student.

What's the course all about? Plus the person i question was formerly an Art student but moved to Science after Secondary school.

Her Jamb score is 203 do you think that Jamb score will get her admitted? If yes please which school? Post UTME not written yet.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by OfficialSam(m): 3:22pm On May 16, 2022
Deckline:

Wow... I'm a law student myself and it really feels honestly not minding the present lawless state of the country.

But it could be probably your parents don't want you to miss school this year.

Follow your heart. Just know that no course is as easy as anyone thinks. I respect all courses.

Nigeria is not lawless in all spheres. Check my profile and read my article on areas of law you can delve into after graduation.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:23pm On May 16, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Computer Science

Okay. Can someone who doesn't have prior knowledge in Science and Tech be able to do the course?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2022
engrzico:
MLS medical Laboratory science, radiology.

MLS? Arh! Which school please because most school's like UNN cut 280-290-300 above. So i'm wondering.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:30pm On May 16, 2022
Pedklose:

Go for a Private Uni and pick Nursing, Medlab or Pharmacy. If your Parents are not well to do. Start preparing now ahead of next year. Nor go study Mumu courses like Physiology and Biochemistry. They have no prospect in Nigeria aside using them for DE as a means to further in Medicine, Dentistry or Pharmacy.

Yes, that's what we're considering. Tho she has no prior knowledge in Science course while in Sec School cus she was in Art class but atleast she attended tutorials and was able to score 203! So we're trying to fix her in a good course, Private Uni money no dey.

Pharmacy and Nursing is her 2 choices but the institutions are pegging their score at 290-300 above then 270-280-300 for Nursing it's really a tough one. Please what do you think?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2022
AgentGoat:

Radiography.

Jamb score is low though.

That's the thing. Omoh! Which other Fed Uni in the East do you think she stands a chance?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2022
arthurwillia:

Let your sister don physiotherapy or radiography or med lab, they are equally nice

Which school?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2022
Yohans:

Medical Lab Science, science lab technology, and computer science.

Do you think she stands a chance with Jamb 203 Jamb score.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by einsteine(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2022
Study law.

During the holidays, you can do mass communication. It's basically media work, no? In this age, you don't need to study such.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Kwara1stson: 4:05pm On May 16, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Arh! Baba fear God oh! I say Jamb score 203.
sorry no vex, na 2010 I write jamb n most of this courses then the cut off mark is 200

1 Like

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by kafeii123: 4:07pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:

Ask them why they're proposing Masscom ....you might just find out that there's wisdom in their thinking....

If they're in mass com field themselves...it means they'll be more able to hastem your life's progress...as you'll be standing on their own shoulders and you can't discount that leg up....

If I was you tho.... I'd pursue something more market related...even if media-ish.... something along the lines of Marketing....but in a private university like Pan African Uni in lekki....if you can afford it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A School Inside A Container In Port-harcourt / Covenant University In Land Tussle As Family Seeks Possession Order / Pictures You Can Relate To In A Nigerian Secondary School (Hilarious pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.