Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) (7047 Views)

Cultists On The Rampage: Viewers Discretion Advised / Pictures Of Prof. Iyayi's Bullet-pierced Body (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Alleged Pepper Thief, Stripped & Tortured (Video) - Viewers' Discretion Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by OAM4J: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
Terrible! sad
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by kandiikane(m): 12:04am On Jul 14, 2011
I literally wept. . .

Uneducated illiterates, bastardised baboons. .They will rot were they are. .They shall never prosper, their children, children's children shall never prosper, their families and future generations shall suffer for what they did to this man. .May they suffer and suffer after death. .

Bast[i]ar[/i]ds, illiterates, I hope they get sodomised by goats and hope when it is time for them to die they die a very long and painful death. All those involved.

That was someones son. They took a life just for a mere necklace. .Ahhhh, they will suffer and rot for it one day at a time. .Basta[i]r[/i]ds. .
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by AyoRandy: 12:04am On Jul 14, 2011
This is the most barbaric film I have ever seen in my life. I can not believe that we still have people in our society that can behave in this manner.
Poster, are there any ways this could be posted in GEJ or BRF facebook page for them to see? May be they can get the police to look at the footage with a view of apprehending those animals in human skin.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by coogar: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video. Watched one with a similar theme once and had nightmares. undecided

I think why some Nigerians behave like this is because they've been so brutalized by the whole Nigerian experience that somewhere along the line they've lost that thing that, to a large extent seperates we humans from other animals: empathy.

The guys that killed that guy are so hardened and cold-hearted that they'll probably forget about the whole thing the next day. They've been left devoid of compassion from the frustration; hunger; joblessness and lack of love that comes with being the wretched poor in Nigeria. They probably never had a hug growing up, and were never told how special and loved they are.

That's what growing up poor in Nigeria can do to you, if the necessary nuturing and love is absent. Unless you're one of the very few that get a lucky break, it's a sad situation from the cradle to the grave. sad

May the soul of the brother killed rest in peace.

and this was what angered me when i saw the video clip.

i saw a bunch of heartless, murderous bunch of miscreants taking advantage of a defenceless man. yes, these men are frustrated, angry, hopeless, jobless, etc but their anger should be directed to the politicians not to a man like them who felt crime pays. if our people channel their negative energy to fight the pot-bellied politicians stealing billions meant for them in the country, nigeria would have been revolutionized like egypt, tunisia, etc. nigerians are so barbaric to the point of murdering scapegoats on the streets is their only way to de-stress!
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by xterra2(m): 12:11am On Jul 14, 2011
My GOD angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
This is unbelivable very sad, Omg
How can people do this
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by OgidiBoy(m): 12:14am On Jul 14, 2011
We seat here and call Hausa/Muslims animals, come Sunday most of the people in that video will be in some Church screaming Jesus Jesus Jesus.

And we wonder why Nigeria is so doomed. sad

Mods please take down the video clip, there are minors n the forum. I hope Youtube will do the same.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by liquid7: 12:18am On Jul 14, 2011
while i can understand nigerian fustration with thieves ,this guy is a petty thief at best.
He did not deserve what was done to him and i am suprised no one stopped to calm the angry mob.Someone should have stopped and pleaded with them to take him to police .
An angry mob,if not calmed down, always goes from bad to worse and that is what happened here.
This is sad ,sad ,sad.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:33am On Jul 14, 2011
OgidiBoy:

We seat here and call Hausa/Muslims animals, come Sunday most of the people in that video will be in some Church screaming Jesus Jesus Jesus.[/b]And we wonder why Nigeria is so doomed. sad

[b]Mods please take down the video clip, there are minors n the forum. I hope Youtube will do the same.

^^^ True, true. The fact of the matter is there's good and bad in all ethnic groups. Our anger with our Hausa/Fulani brothers is that theirs seems to be a sustained recurring thing targeted at one because of his/her religion or ethnic group. All the same, we shouldn't tar all of them with the same brush. And in the heat of the moment i guess we all have been guilty of this to varying degrees.

The main problem arises when one goes further, from criticising the other religion/ethnic group on the internet to actual bodily harm just to express their anger.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:50am On Jul 14, 2011
no comment yet!!
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by kcjazz(m): 12:52am On Jul 14, 2011
Sad that we have resorted to this, but thank God for technology more people can see what has become somewhat a norm. It is a cycle of poverty, frustration and insecurity. I blame the thief, he started it.

@Poster you mentioned Bode George and that is the problem, big thief small thief all are thief. This guy stole close to home and so he was attacked. Who knows if the government protected the traders, if this would have happened. There was no police in sight in all these, that makes it sadder. The big picture is terrible if we don't control the total breakdown of law and order in our cities.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by kandiikane(m): 12:57am On Jul 14, 2011
kcjazz:

Sad that we have resorted to this, but thank God for technology more people can see what has become somewhat a norm. It is a cycle of poverty, frustration and insecurity. I blame the thief, he started it.

@Poster you mentioned Bode George and that is the problem, big thief small thief all are thief. This guy stole close to home and so he was attacked. Who knows if the government protected the traders, if this would have happened. There was no police in sight in all these, that makes it sadder. The big picture is terrible if we don't control the total breakdown of law and order in our cities.

Are you serious? So because he stole a necklace he should die for it? So because these people are in poverty they have a right to kill someone? What are they going to do eat him after dark? Well he has been roasted already would not be surprised. .
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by kcjazz(m): 1:11am On Jul 14, 2011
kandiikane:

Are you serious? So because he stole a necklace he should die for it? So because these people are in poverty they have a right to kill someone? What are they going to do eat him after dark? Well he has been roasted already would not be surprised. .

In the absence of a breakdown of law and order, people will take the law into their hands. If you have being robbed of your livelihood, your daughter raped, family killed etc by street urchins even in the past. I don't think you will care about Bode George or big politician thieving especially when the Police does nothing. We have had Bakassi, Boko Haram etc its the same thing, where the government has failed and folks take up arm, there won't be justice. I saw a video like this last week for 2 people killed in Uganda, its only in areas where law and order has broken this is what happens.

So with this video, the government can arrest those who participated but I doubt it. The folks acted like it was normal and the thinking is that they deserved to teach someone a lesson. No one could help cos no one wants to lose their live as well. To avoid this in the future, we need the police and the government to step up.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 14, 2011
that couldnt have been because of a stolen necklace now can it? shocked
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by kandiikane(m): 1:33am On Jul 14, 2011
kcjazz:

In the absence of a breakdown of law and order, people will take the law into their hands. If you have being robbed of your livelihood, your daughter violated, family killed etc by street urchins even in the past. I don't think you will care about Bode George or big politician thieving especially when the Police does nothing. We have had Bakassi, Boko Haram etc its the same thing, where the government has failed and folks take up arm, there won't be justice. I saw a video like this last week for 2 people killed in Uganda, its only in areas where law and order has broken this is what happens.

So with this video, the government can arrest those who participated but I doubt it. The folks acted like it was normal and the thinking is that they deserved to teach someone a lesson. No one could help cos no one wants to lose their live as well. To avoid this in the future, we need the police and the government to step up.

I bet their, daughters have not being violated, family killed etc they just did it just because they felt like it. .Bas[i]ta[/i]rds, in the morning you will not mean the body there because they have eaten it. Some people are just wicked and it is not because of poverty. .
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by jumobi1(m): 4:14am On Jul 14, 2011
Who moved this topic to the crime section?
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by tpia5: 4:17am On Jul 14, 2011
wasnt there a similar lynching barely a month or so ago in abuja.

who are these people killing others in broad daylight as if they're above the law?

same group?
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by jumobi1(m): 4:24am On Jul 14, 2011
Even in Abuja? Its over for Naija. Govt is NOT working but I think that was Kenya. I hope,
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by denzel2009: 7:39am On Jul 14, 2011
I thought they have stopped these barbaric acts in Lagos. In 2001, they did something like this at Isale eko, they were going in to suspected armed robbers houses and dragging them into the streets and dissecting them with cutlass and burning them.

Almost every house around that place had a burnt human being at the entrance at the time. Its a shame!
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by udezue(m): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2011
where is the link?
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Cosmass(f): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2011
No picture. Where's the pic?
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Cosmass(f): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2011
please where's the link?? want to see it.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Shampy: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by sylve11: 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2011
really sad. . . . is like the guy was shouting Jesus when they got him on fire cry cry cry cool
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by ebogentle(m): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2011
I have asked youtube to remove it and they have. Please share this kind of video on adult only sites or give it an adult only status. The number of tweens and early teens on youtube everyday are in millions.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by manmustwac(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
ebogentle:

I have asked youtube to remove it and they have. Please share this kind of video on adult only sites or give it an adult only status. The number of tweens and early teens on youtube everyday are in millions.
violent this dumbo has got the video removed plese post it again on a site called the daily motion am sure it won't be removed from there its an adult site angry angry angry
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by manmustwac(m): 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2011
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by ebogentle(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2011
@Manmustwac
You call me a dumbo for trying to protect minors from accidentally viewing this video on a site without age restriction.
What does that say about you?
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2011
awwwwwwwww cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Oh God cry cry cry
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Romeo4real(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2011
This video has now been pulled from YouTube and Facebook yesterday after i sent emails to the Nigerian High Commissioner in the UK - His Excellency Dr. Dalhatu Sarki Tafida, Lagos State Government, various Fashola aides, the NTDC, and both Federal and State Ministries of Tourism a couple of days ago.
As i speak, a BBC journalist is doing an investigative report into the incident, and Guardian Films (who the the Child Witches expose) and also looking at it. Meanwhile, a petition is being organize to be delivered to the Nigerian High Commissioner in the UK asking for this barbaric act to be outlawed as it shows Nigeria and Nigerians alike in an extremely unsavory light. I will post the link of the petition here shortly.

Here is a copy of my email i sent to them -

****************************************************************************************

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a patriotic Nigerian residing in the Diaspora (London, UK), I am writing to you regarding a troubling incident regarding our beloved country which recently came to my attention.
Myself, and hundreds of others viewed an extremely disturbing video, posted on Facebook, where a young man in his teens, his whole life ahead of him, was beaten by a mob of fellow Nigerians, eventually set alight, and burned to death. His crime? He allegedly stole a necklace. The incident happened in a suburb of Lagos, and this is the link to the video - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2048114435163

Though this barbaric act has long been the norm and condoned in Nigeria, I submit it to you that it is time for this abhorrent and reprehensible practice to stop, as it has no place in a civilised and humane society. Need I remind you that Facebook, with almost a billion users worldwide, is now the de-facto media sharing and social communication portal for the world, and incidents like this show our beloved country in an extremely nugatory light.

Already, a friend of mine, who is a journalist for the BBC has gotten hold of the video, and promised to do a feature on the so called “Jungle justice” system prevalent in Nigeria.
Undue negative exposure in the world media, unfavourable press reports, and adverse attention creates a very jaundiced view of the country worldwide, and makes life hard for ordinary Nigerians living in the Diaspora; as we are having to constantly explain/ defend these heinous and abominable acts to our foreign colleagues, peers, friends and families.
In 2008, the Guardian UK exposé - Child Witches Nigeria (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDu0-K9cPk), caused widespread condemnation and indignation. This video is currently posted on You Tube for all to see.

Furthermore, as this happened in Lagos State, acts like this will further undermine the Good Governor’s efforts to transform the state into a beacon of foreign investments and a hub of Tourism.
As I speak, a petition is being organised over various social media outlets by Nigerians and non- Nigerians alike. The aim is to send a clear and concise message to the powers that be; That Nigeria is NOT a nation of barbarians and animals. It is time to stop the lynching of petty criminals, and make it a criminal offence for anyone caught participating in such an act.

I do hope you can join me and the half a million of Nigerians living in the UK, using the powers vested in you and your organisation to make this repugnant act a thing of the past.

I have forwarded copies of this email to the Nigeria High Commission, The Lagos State Government, Ministry Tourism & Intergovernmental Relations, Lagos State Waterfront and Tourism Development Corporation, The NTDC, and the Federal Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

I eagerly await a response to my email. Thank you.

Signed.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2011
I thought I was hardened to such atrocities, but I shed tears upon seeing this. A young man, murdered in the most barbaric way possible, all over a necklace.

I personally witnessed a similar incident in Lagos, back in 1990, before I returned to the UK. I watched in shock from a parked car, a similar scenario. A young passenger on a motorcycle snatched jewellery from a lady's neck, as she waited for a bus. When the shout "ole!" went up, the rider sped off, the young passenger fell off, and was left behind. He suffered the same fate as this young man, he couldn't have been more the 17 at the time.

This young man was someones son, someones brother. Yes, he stole a necklace, but is human life so cheap in Nigeria? Not a single person did anything to save this young man, rather they were more engrossed with taking pictures on their cell phones. I can't understand how anyone can be so wicked, a whole crowd representing Nigeria rejoicing in the horrible death of their fellow countryman, the same crown beating him with all manner of implements. May Heaven forgive their wicked souls.

My heart goes out to the young man, and his loved ones. May he find the peace he was denied on earth, in a better place, and may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by manmustwac(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2011
ebogentle:

@Manmustwac
You call me a dumbo for trying to protect minors from accidentally viewing this video on a site without age restriction.
What does that say about you?
abeg no mind me no vex. wink
Re: My God!. . .they Killed Him! (viewers discretion advised) by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 16, 2011
Romeo4real:

This video has now been pulled from YouTube and Facebook yesterday after i sent emails to the Nigerian High Commissioner in the UK - His Excellency Dr. Dalhatu Sarki Tafida, Lagos State Government, various Fashola aides, the NTDC, and both Federal and State Ministries of Tourism a couple of days ago.
As i speak, a BBC journalist is doing an investigative report into the incident, and Guardian Films (who the the Child Witches expose) and also looking at it. Meanwhile, a petition is being organize to be delivered to the Nigerian High Commissioner in the UK asking for this barbaric act to be outlawed as it shows Nigeria and Nigerians alike in an extremely unsavory light. I will post the link of the petition here shortly.

Here is a copy of my email i sent to them -

****************************************************************************************

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a patriotic Nigerian residing in the Diaspora (London, UK), I am writing to you regarding a troubling incident regarding our beloved country which recently came to my attention.
Myself, and hundreds of others viewed an extremely disturbing video, posted on Facebook, where a young man in his teens, his whole life ahead of him, was beaten by a mob of fellow Nigerians, eventually set alight, and burned to death. His crime? He allegedly stole a necklace. The incident happened in a suburb of Lagos, and this is the link to the video - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2048114435163

Though this barbaric act has long been the norm and condoned in Nigeria, I submit it to you that it is time for this abhorrent and reprehensible practice to stop, as it has no place in a civilised and humane society. Need I remind you that Facebook, with almost a billion users worldwide, is now the de-facto media sharing and social communication portal for the world, and incidents like this show our beloved country in an extremely nugatory light.

Already, a friend of mine, who is a journalist for the BBC has gotten hold of the video, and promised to do a feature on the so called “Jungle justice” system prevalent in Nigeria.
Undue negative exposure in the world media, unfavourable press reports, and adverse attention creates a very jaundiced view of the country worldwide, and makes life hard for ordinary Nigerians living in the Diaspora; as we are having to constantly explain/ defend these heinous and abominable acts to our foreign colleagues, peers, friends and families.
In 2008, the Guardian UK exposé - Child Witches Nigeria (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDu0-K9cPk), caused widespread condemnation and indignation. This video is currently posted on You Tube for all to see.

Furthermore, as this happened in Lagos State, acts like this will further undermine the Good Governor’s efforts to transform the state into a beacon of foreign investments and a hub of Tourism.
As I speak, a petition is being organised over various social media outlets by Nigerians and non- Nigerians alike. The aim is to send a clear and concise message to the powers that be; That Nigeria is NOT a nation of barbarians and animals. It is time to stop the lynching of petty criminals, and make it a criminal offence for anyone caught participating in such an act.

I do hope you can join me and the half a million of Nigerians living in the UK, using the powers vested in you and your organisation to make this repugnant act a thing of the past.

I have forwarded copies of this email to the Nigeria High Commission, The Lagos State Government, Ministry Tourism & Intergovernmental Relations, Lagos State Waterfront and Tourism Development Corporation, The NTDC, and the Federal Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

I eagerly await a response to my email. Thank you.

Signed.

Brilliant. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How The Game(internet Scam)almost Ruined My Life / Man Lands In Kano Police Custody After Attempted Suicide / Cultism Activities In Ojo Iba Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.