Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise (32923 Views)

Please Advise Me !! An Art Student Under Pressure To Study Nursing / 750 Youths Graduate Under Anambra Government One Youth, One Skill Initiative / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by mystery22: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
Babatundeh26:
None.
hello sir how can I reach you
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by User10011: 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
Yes you can. Even people with no science background switch to do it. Do consider it

Heathrow44:

Bro, I'm in a similar position now, I'm anatomy graduate currently serving, I want to immigrate to d UK, what do I do, u said srh about doing Masters in nursing, can an anatomy person do masters in nursing
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
User10011:
Yes you can. Even people with no science background switch to do it. Do consider it

Masters in nursing i checked is not possible in Nigeria, from wat I saw u can only do Masters in nursing if u av a Bsn, RN
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by salveoP(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
mystery22:
hello sir,pls can I am you
. Sure!!!
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by User10011: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2022
That’s not true. I have friends on the course who did zoology, English etc. all you need is a portfolio showing you’ve done some hours of care in hospital or something of the sort. Check the two years masters not the one year one. Consider adult nursing too cuz they have more spaces on that one

Heathrow44:

Masters in nursing i checked is not possible in Nigeria, from wat I saw u can only do Masters in nursing if u av a Bsn, RN
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by EngrVin: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2022
Hi,

Have you started the MSc Adult Nursing? A friend needs guide in her application process

Aderin0la:
Unless your friend is passionate about science or research, I’ll advise she takes the advice of that person and go to nursing school if she plans to relocate here, although that’s still dependent on whether she has passion for healthcare. If she’s rich enough and doesn’t want to study in Nigeria, she can build up healthcare experience and apply to accelerated Masters in Nursing programs (Pre-registration) in the UK. It’s 2 years instead and she can register with NMC as a UK RN after graduation.

When you talk about maybe there being another alternative with her biochemistry degree, I did biosciences as well and a bioscience masters here. I was able to get 2 job offers, one as a lab person in the NHS and another as a research assistant. I took the research assistant post cuz it’s at the No1 Uni here in the UK (UniofCam). However I’ve found research / being confined to a lab to be boring, and tbh most people going down that route would have to spend longer years getting a PhD, else you’ll not be able to get a higher up position. However Nursing seems more interesting to me, reason why I’m starting an accelerated nursing program in 3months. Most Nigerians like me too studied Microbiology / Biochemistry / Cell Biology / Molecular Biology and the likes as a first degree because we didn’t meet the cut off for medicine or nursing or dentistry or the other medical courses. So if that’s the case for your friend, she should grab this opportunity for a career in healthcare. It’s totally worth it (IMO).

2 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Babatundeh26: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
Sorry for the delayed response. This is my mail babatunde2026@gmail.com
mystery22:
hello sir how can I reach you
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by NafiuAbiodun: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
EngrVin:
Hi,

Have you started the MSc Adult Nursing? A friend needs guide in her application process

pls, I am presently applying for Adult Nursing in the UK I need help filling out a form ( student portfolio). I will be glad if anyone can be of assistance. thank you.
musa.nafiuabiodun@gmail.com.... that's my mail
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by maryannokeke07: 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Would also like to ask

I have a friend that studies biochemistry in uni currently

But would like to study nursing

She tried to switch course to nursing but it didn't work out

So she is thinking of buying form in nursing school

The question is what should she do
Would like to know what you guys think about this
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Faroukmomoh: 6:56am On Oct 16, 2023
Can a Lawyer who has no background in science switch to nursing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / Abubakar Aliyu, The Cooperate Pure Water Seller In Abuja Is Now A Student / Woman Sacked By Kaduna Electric Faints After Reading Sack Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.