Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet (47498 Views)

WHY I WEPT By Rev. Yinka Yusuf / COVID-19: Yinka Akinbami Is Dead. House On The Rock Pastor Dies / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kinzo0917(m): 1:54pm On May 17, 2022
Corporate2020:

I beg, who called Jesus God there? Was it God himself? Was it Moses, Elisha, Elijah, Samuel, or any of the known Prophets? Or was it one of the fake prophets that rose after the death of Jesus?
. Olodo ..read it to understand it. So many educated illiterates on nairaland
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Corporate2020: 1:54pm On May 17, 2022
Iliya1520:

it may be all these yeye-yeye pastors do not understand the Bible.

Person wey dey look for food for him family, how he go sit don to read and understand the Bible?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Ajeeb: 1:54pm On May 17, 2022
muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent , why are you stubborn to think he is God

I don't know what he(Buhari) should now describe Him with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Corporate2020: 1:55pm On May 17, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. Olodo ..read it to understand it. So many educated illiterates on nairaland

Like your Uncle abi?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kinzo0917(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2022
ybalogs:
So God was tempted by Satan abi. Nah back of Bible Una dey read.
. I don't argue with headslammers or antichrist
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by SaturnNick(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2022
grin gringrin
thesicilian:
Therefore Buhari should be lynched as well for blasphemy
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Sabadon(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2022
muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent , why are you stubborn to think he is God

i would have told you about Christ and peters encounter on the topic "whom do men say i am?" But it wouldnt change a thing so i ll pass
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Femi8586(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry

If you're so pained, why not gather your fellow terrorists to go and burn him alive?
Stupid people who can't respect other people's faith but will behead anyone who oppose theirs.

2 Likes

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kinzo0917(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2022
Corporate2020:

Like your Uncle abi?
. All you Muslims are good at is to insult like you prophet. Very violent religion that believes in killing and fighting for their incapacited prophet who is so lazy to fight for himself

2 Likes

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by rolams(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2022
This one shock me oooo!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by SaturnNick(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2022
As to the best of my knowledge so far, Islam is the only religion that is very selfish and do not accommodate any other embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 17, 2022
alfarouq:
How did this Man become a pastor?

I bet he has not read his bible.

You can not force upon Jesus what he himself has not called himself.

Point out a single clear verse in the bible where Jesus said he is God.

Attributing the divinity of God to Jesus who didn't claim divinity for himself is blasphemy against The Almighty and against Jesus himself.

There are even verses in the bible where Jesus is referred to as a prophet.

What will our dear pastor say about the verses below:

-So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me"(John 7:16).

This is Jesus saying he himself is not the owner of the teaching but attributing all the teachings to the one who sent him. He could have said the teaching is mine or ours. He could even just say the teaching is God's without removing himself from the equation.

below is another verse where Jesus said he is sent (messenger) and he was even giving a command on what to say, Does he sound to you like an equal to the person that sent him.

-For I did not speak on my own initiative, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me (John 12:49-50).

Another one is where Jesus said "He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me".

Why do you guys insist on making Jesus what he has not claimed for himself and make him what you want him to be.

Finally, I remember speaking to a christian and he quote the verse "The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brothers, him you shall hear . . The Lord said to me, 'They have spoken well. I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. It shall come about that whoever will not listen to my words which he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him' (Deuteronomy 18:15, 17-19)." He said the prophet refrered to here is Jesus. Do you agree with him or you believe it is someone else.

So, I dont understand where the people that say calling Jesus a prophet is blasphemy got their own teaching from.

Cool, alfarouq, cool.

Since you've started quoting Bibles. But you also failed to quote the part that said "I and my Father are One". You also failed to quote the part that said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".

You mohammedians use the same Injil you call corrupted to support yourself when you feel you're losing. When you want to take from the Bible, don't just trim it to take the part that suits your narrative. Read and pray for understanding and interpretation by the Holy Spirit.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by dreu2fine(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2022
TMSMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1420141/blasphemy-pastor-yinka-yusuf-faults-president-buhari-referring-jesus-prophet-video/
Its blasphemy the solution to Nigerian problem.
China and some countries are developing seriously without this religious wahala in Blackman head that they have Brian washed

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Corporate2020: 1:59pm On May 17, 2022
Image123:

Jesus is Prophet, Priest, King, Lamb, Lion everything. Let's stop being sentimental.

Don't mind the idiots. If I call Jesus Teacher now, they will say it is blasphemy, yet Jesus was most times called Teacher by His disciples and the congregation listening to his teachings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by TheNiceGuy(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2022
From my statement, did I for once mention "Jesus"?
What do you know about Issa or you also have Issa In the Bible?

DaveDGreat:

True Sir. In the same Bible, we were instructed that if any other person or angel bring another gospel other than that which was preached, such person and/or angel is cursed. Galatians 1:8-9.

Can we now, going by your view, call your prophet cursed and damned? Shey you now see your logic?

This is how stupid it sounds when Muslims try to describe Jesus they know next to nothing about.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by kingsclass: 1:59pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry
Mind you,this is a blasphemous comment.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Enumerator(m): 2:00pm On May 17, 2022
cheesy
thesicilian:
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by rolams(m): 2:00pm On May 17, 2022
Sabadon:
i would have told you about Christ and peters encounter on the topic "whom do men say i am?" But it wouldnt change a thing so i ll pass

Very funny of you. Encounter between Peter and the people of Israel right? Let me stop here too.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by J3susFr3ak: 2:01pm On May 17, 2022
Abubaushe:

Pastor Yinka,
Mathew 15 : 24 ......I am sent but to the lost sheep of isreal.
Pls be informed!

The blessings of God must come to the Jew first...then the Gentile. In His three year ministry before the Crucifixion He had to emphasize the Gospel to the Jews first. But even then He also stressed that: "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd." John 10:16 --meaning the Gospel will need to reach the whole wide world also. The last commandment to the disciples was to Go into the whole world and preach the Good News of Salvation...ONLY through Him....Jesus Christ.

You are now reading this....it is an open invitation to accept Jesus and escape Hell. Mohammed the False Prophet has deceived you and every single Muslim in the world. I feel sorry for you all if you do not repent....Jesus is your only Hope...the only Hope for the whole mankind.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Image123(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2022
kayuseful:

Don't lift this out of context
The context is Muslims view of Jesus vs Christians
Jesus is "prophet", yes. But is He "prophet" in the way Muslims believe?
Is he just one of the prophets?

What context, who made or established context? In what context is Jesus Christ not a Prophet?

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Corporate2020: 2:02pm On May 17, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Cool, alfarouq, cool.

Since you've started quoting Bibles. But you also failed to quote the part that said "I and my Father are One". You also failed to quote the part that said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".

You mohammedians use the same Injil you call corrupted to support yourself when you feel you're losing. When you want to take from the Bible, don't just trim it to take the part that suits your narrative. Read and pray for understanding and interpretation by the Holy Spirit.

So, if you and your father are one, then you can carry his university certificate and go and work with it.

Since Jesus called himself Messenger several times in the Bible, should people that also call Him Messenger now be prosecuted for calling Him(Jesus) one of the names He called Himself?

In all of these senseless arguments, what do you think will be the position of someone like me for example who is a Muslim, went to Catholic schools and got baptised, but still a Muslim till date. Married to a Christian. My Children are Christians because I don't have time to teach them Islam. Out of my father's siblings, two are Muslims, two are Christians, one does not do anything. What will be my own position?

I have no position. Religion is insignificant to me. You and your fellows can continue in your dilution. If you think that on the Judgment Day, if there is going to be any, God will noe saw "if you are s Christian, then match to Heaven, but if you are a Muslim, Judaist, or Atheist, e.t.c., the match to Hell Fire", then I advise that you go for psychiatric evaluation.

2 Likes

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 2:02pm On May 17, 2022
thesicilian:
I have never seen re.tarded people in existence except Christians. Since you believe a mortal human being is a God, so everyone must have the same belief as you otherwise it is blasphemy. This means there is no more freedom of religion in this country again if a citizen didn't share your beliefs.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by ictplotter(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
Very Serious blasphemy! Comparing JESUS to a mere man is the highest form of blasphemy.
But we don't fight for GOD. HE Fights for us. We only Admonish people on who HE is. When you refuse, you will meet with Him when you cross over.

JESUS Christ is GOD!
JESUS Christ is the Son of GOD
JESUS Christ is the Only way to Heaven!
I thought u know the bible before but i just realise that you are just one those dummy church goer and noise maker. Just read the biblical verses below and tell me why jesus is God and when he called himself God.
John 17 vs 3.

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 5 vs 30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Mark 12 vs 29
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 17, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
From my statement, did I for once mention "Jesus"?
What do you know about Issa or you also have Issa In the Bible?

Lol. You said Buhari was speaking according to Quranic standards. I am also speaking from Bible standards Sir.

Isa Al-Masih Ibn Mariam was the person Mohammed thought was Jesus Christ (The Messiah) the Son of Mary.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by alfarouq(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2022
kayuseful:

Muslims masquerading as Christians who know bible
You mean you haven't read where Jesus was nearly lynched when He confessed "I and my Father are one"

Using your logic, all the people that say we are one means they are physically a single entity.

The joke is on you because I never claimed to be a Christian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Housing(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2022
Jesus Christ is a Prophet. Yusuf read your Bible very well.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Mrexcell(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2022
That have always been the believe of all muslims.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by flamingREED(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2022
Christ actually is a prophet like unto Moses whom God promised to raise unto Israel. Christ was a man as well. Christ is God above all.

kiss kiss
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 2:07pm On May 17, 2022
NuclearReactor:
Mickykarim what wrong did the pastor say, where did he encourage anyone to fight anyone who blasphemes Jesus He was trying to make the point that muslims also blasphemes Jesus, just like they accuse christians of blaspheming mohammed, nevertheless we dont fight them for that!! How does that amount to giving christians a bad name
I have never seen re.tarded people in existence except Christians. Since you believe a mortal human being is a God, so everyone must have the same belief as you otherwise it is blasphemy. This means there is no more freedom of religion in this country again if a citizen didn't share your beliefs.

What a dumb illiterate is the pastor.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by FullBlastLight: 2:08pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:

U know nothing abt what u're slobbering abt!

U're both ignorant & arrogant!

Yap, dt's ur ailment!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Edipet(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
believe it or not ,jesus is the son of God,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo / When Your Fiance/fiancee Is Disturbing You For Sex / Video Of The "Cat That Turned To A Woman In Lagos" As Claimed By A Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.