Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming (67028 Views)

6 Foods You're Consuming Daily That Are Slowly Destroying Your Kidneys / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Ofemmanu1: 6:00pm On May 26, 2023
babaalagbo11:
Those energy drinks even have more sugar than other drinks... Get your confirmed agbo Jedi or pile herbs from me to avoid diabetes ooo... health is wealth

Who told you it's sugar that causes Diabetes?!

Olodo.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by OmonnakOdapig: 6:03pm On May 26, 2023
codemaniacs:

You can keep sharing nonsense links that mis-educate people.

You have the right to continue deceiving yourself.
You know more than NHS and federal drugs agency FDA which advises diabetics to go for low GI fruits & veggies in lieu of high GI and non diabetics and healthy people without insulin Resistivity or not diagnosed of fatty liver (disease) to limit free added sugars to less than 10% of calorific intàke (200calories for a 2000kilocalories diet or 50g added sugar upper limit (FDA) 30g upper limit (NHS)) .
◾️You can create your own NHS and FDA and WHO and AHA heart association with your own certified body of medical professionals so people can quote your links instead. You have the right to keep deceiving yourself and wallow in your ignorance and misinformation. Now fvck of my mentions ode.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Ofemmanu1: 6:03pm On May 26, 2023

It is in Nigeria you will see a person heap fufu on his plate like mount Everest, with soft drink or beer by the side. The sugar wey the person dey consume like that pass 2 packs of st louis sugar. grin

He does this on a regular,tell me why diabetes no go kiss am for lips. angry

No be sugar dey cause diabetes, Olodo.

Eating sugar (strictly speaking) does not directly cause diabetes. It does not cause type 1 diabetes . It does not cause type 2 diabetes. It does not cause gestational diabetes . It does not cause LADA or MODY or any other type of diabetes.
You cannot eat too many candy bars and make your way to a diabetes diagnosis instantly. No matter how many jokes and myths and stigmas abound, sugar does not directly cause diabetes.
https://diabetesstrong.com/does-eating-sugar-cause-diabetes/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by lendahand(m): 6:14pm On May 26, 2023
codemaniacs:

You can and must drink only water.

Sugar is very bad for your health.

Physical activities won't do anything.

A bottle of cola is very bad.
you're mistaken!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by codemaniacs: 6:15pm On May 26, 2023
OmonnakOdapig:

You know more than NHS and federal drugs agency FDA which advises diabetics to go for low GI fruits & veggies in lieu of high GI and non diabetics and healthy people without insulin Resistivity or not diagnosed of fatty liver (disease) to limit free added sugars to less than 10% of calorific intàke (200calories for a 2000kilocalories diet or 50g added sugar upper limit (FDA) 30g upper limit (NHS)) .
◾️You can create your own NHS and FDA and WHO with your own certified body of medical professionals so people can quote your links instead. You have the right to keep deceiving yourself and wallow in your ignorance and misinformation. Now fvck of my mentions ode.

You're the one mentioning me..

The same people created c:0v1d... So yes I know more than them and no one will tell me what's good for me and what's bad for me.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by codemaniacs: 6:16pm On May 26, 2023
lendahand:
you're mistaken!!
I'm not.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by OmonnakOdapig: 6:22pm On May 26, 2023
codemaniacs:

You're the one mentioning me..

The same people created c:0v1d... So yes I know more than them and no one will tell me what's good for me and what's bad for me.
Of course that’s why you who did not create Covid and you, codemaniacs who did not create HIV and who did not create Ebola, bird flu & malaria, need to create your own AHA Heart association and your own FDA and Your own NHS body of medical professionals and your own WHO so people can quote your links instead since you know more than all the certified body of medical professionals worldwide, who have issued a public health warning of daily added free sugars (AKA empty calories) baseline upper limit of 10% of calorific intake/50g added sugars upper limit for 2000kilocalories diet (FDA) 30g (NHS)
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by lendahand(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2023
codemaniacs:

I'm not.
have you asked yourself why atheletes take glucose after vigorous sports??

The eba and rice you eat what are they??

You for dey chop only fish na

Oga educate yourself oo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by codemaniacs: 6:29pm On May 26, 2023
lendahand:
have you asked yourself why atheletes take glucose after vigorous sports??

The eba and rice you eat what are they??

You for dey chop only fish na

Oga educate yourself oo

Eba and rice are vegetables.

They have nothing to do with sugar.

Athletes are paid to advertise drinks so if you see any athlete drinking anything on TV with the camera on him that's advertisement.

You need the education more than me.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by codemaniacs: 6:30pm On May 26, 2023
OmonnakOdapig:

Of course that’s why you who did not create Covid and you, codemaniacs who did not create HIV and who did not create Ebola, bird flu & malaria, need to create your own AHA Heart association and your own FDA and Your own NHS body of medical professionals and your own WHO so people can quote your links instead since you know more than all the certified body of medical professionals worldwide, who have issued a public health warning of daily added free sugars (AKA empty calories) baseline upper limit of 10% of calorific intake/50g added sugars upper limit for 2000kilocalories diet (FDA) 30g (NHS)

I know more than them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Neddyogu(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2023
This would be a problem if the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans ain’t producing enough insulin and glucagon or the person’s GLUT-4 receptors are defective. So, Man know thineself!
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by GeneralPula: 6:38pm On May 26, 2023
kkins25:
Carbohydrate are sugars, yes, sugar is sugar, but not all sugars are sugars. Pardon the pun
codemaniacs
There are different types of carbohydrates; which are classified based on their complexity (the number of sugar chains).

In line with the context of the thread, we consume three types of carbohydrate:
1. Starch: [/b]This is what we get from rice, beans, millet, corns, etc.
2. [b]Cellulose: [/b]This is what we get from eating green leaves.
3. [b]glycogen:
This type of carbohydrate is found in your chicken, beef, pig, etc.

If you eat any of the above, you'd certainly put on weight, but, they won't harm you like the other type of sugar I am about to mention.

***Note: Eating Rice, Pasta, or Indomie, is not different from drinking coke. More on that later

Now, you see the three I mentioned above, starch, cellulose, and glycogen? They are called Complex sugars. The body takes about 20 minutes to 2 hours to break them down and absorb them. What about fruit juice and coke?

There exist another type of Carbohydrate that we get from coke, Pepsi, sweets, etc. This is the SUGAR causing the commotion now. This particular type of carbohydrate is called gotten from sugar cane. It is called Sucrose. Sucrose is a SIMPLE SUGAR.

Now, we have two types of sugars,
1. Simple sugars: Simple sugars are easy to digest and absorb. Examples, sucrose as seen in sugar cane, fructose as seen in honey, maltose, as seen in milk, glucose as you get from sugar cane, honey, milk, energy drink, alcohol, Rice, spaghetti, Indomie, Pasta some wine, and even fruits. All o them listed in this category raise your blood sugar to extreme levels and quickly. They are harmful.. Mango juice, orange juice, watermelon juice, pawpaw juice, and all other fruit juices will kill you just like sugar cubes will. @IzzyArts
The key word to watch out for is juice. So, on the contrary, Mango fruit, Pawpaw fruit, Orange fruit, will not kill you as fast. I also should mention fatty acid or fat from chicken and meat are deadly too.(GLYCOGEN carbohydrate )

2. Complex Sugars : They are difficult to digest. Examples, Yam, Cassava, pounded yam, fufu, boiled corn, in general starch, then vegetables (Cellulose Carbohydrate).. Eat as much as you like, as long as you do not have any genetic predisposition to diabetes, then you are safe… Why? Imagine I mixed 1 bag of rice with a bag of beans, then say you should handpick the rice from the beans. It is a difficult task, right? That's how the digestive system suffers when you eat complex sugars… Inorder words, it takes longer for the sugar in this category to enter the blood.

***note: if you fry yam, potatoes, or others mentioned above, then, you will get diabetes.

So, In a sense, you are right to say all sugar is sugar, because, sucrose, fructose, glucose, galactose, maltose, lactose, and other carbohydrate polymers are all called SUGARS. But are all sugars harmful? YES and NO. Yes because, all sugars are converted to glucose. NO, because, some sugars take longer to digest than others.

Now, there is one more form of carbohydrate I should mention, That is fibre.. subscribe to know more!
cc: clockwisereport, Harrynight, Acidosis, GeneralPula
, OceanRed,
@ judedwriter, as you grow older, it'll be better to minimize sweat fruits because sugar...

@Usefulsense: vegetagles contain a type of sugar called cellulose. The body cannot digest them. They are safe but, may not provide much energy.

blaquebelle, LeyeWrites, : Yes, malt can give you diabetes, just like coke. The body can break it down easily.. Normal sugars should be unprocessed carbohydrates.

caprini1; sugar is too watery? grin grin grin e go shock you! even diet coke is dangerous!
Digested!

2 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by destinytreasure(m): 6:39pm On May 26, 2023
Thank God say small stout no follow for the list...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2023
I exercise on a regular so I'm not bordered about wat i eat, I burn it.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by donhils: 7:47pm On May 26, 2023
Even if you don't drink all the sugary things and drink only water, it still doesn't guarantee long and good life. It doesn't mean another thing can't kill you fast, does it?
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Delightsome2023: 7:58pm On May 26, 2023
rickpat:
SUGAR ADDICTION AS DEADLY AS ALCOHOL ADDICTION

#drinkwateronly
gosh till now I can't break free from Pepsi.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Delightsome2023: 7:59pm On May 26, 2023
internationalman:
Squeeze bitter leaf and drink the juice instead and see tremendous changes occur in your body.
kindly expanciate please
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Acidosis(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2023
kkins25:

cc: Acidosis

Interesting read. I also believe that many of these diseases (including diabetes) are largely hereditary.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by codemaniacs: 8:26pm On May 26, 2023
kkins25:
Carbohydrate are sugars, yes, sugar is sugar, but not all sugars are sugars. Pardon the pun
codemaniacs
There are different types of carbohydrates; which are classified based on their complexity (the number of sugar chains).

3. [b]glycogen:

If you eat any of the above, you'd certainly put on weight, but, they won't harm you like the other type of sugar I am about to mention.

***Note: Eating Rice, Pasta, or Indomie, is not different from drinking coke. More on that later

Now, you see the three I mentioned above, starch, cellulose, and glycogen? They are called Complex sugars. The body takes about 20 minutes to 2 hours to break them down and absorb them. What about fruit juice and coke?

There exist another type of Carbohydrate that we get from coke, Pepsi, sweets, etc. This is the SUGAR causing the commotion now. This particular type of carbohydrate is called gotten from sugar cane. It is called Sucrose. Sucrose is a SIMPLE SUGAR.

1. Simple sugars: Simple sugars are easy to digest and absorb. Examples, sucrose as seen in sugar cane, fructose as seen in honey, maltose, as seen in milk, glucose as you get from sugar cane, honey, milk, energy drink, alcohol, Rice, spaghetti, Indomie, Pasta some wine, and even fruits. All o them listed in this category raise your blood sugar to extreme levels and quickly. They are harmful.. Mango juice, orange juice, watermelon juice, pawpaw juice, and all other fruit juices will kill you just like sugar cubes will.
The key word to watch out for is juice. So, on the contrary, Mango fruit, Pawpaw fruit, Orange fruit, will not kill you as fast. I also should mention fatty acid or fat from chicken and meat are deadly too.(GLYCOGEN carbohydrate )

2. Complex Sugars : They are difficult to digest. Examples, Yam, Cassava, pounded yam, fufu, boiled corn, in general starch, then vegetables (Cellulose Carbohydrate).. Eat as much as you like, as long as you do not have any genetic predisposition to diabetes, then you are safe… Why? Imagine I mixed 1 bag of rice with a bag of beans, then say you should handpick the rice from the beans. It is a difficult task, right? That's how the digestive system suffers when you eat complex sugars… Inorder words, it takes longer for the sugar in this category to enter the blood.

***note: if you fry yam, potatoes, or others mentioned above, then, you will get diabetes.

So, In a sense, you are right to say all sugar is sugar, because, sucrose, fructose, glucose, galactose, maltose, lactose, and other carbohydrate polymers are all called SUGARS. But are all sugars harmful? YES and NO. Yes because, all sugars are converted to glucose. NO, because, some sugars take longer to digest than others.

Now, there is one more form of carbohydrate I should mention, That is fibre.. subscribe to know more!

@ as you grow older, it'll be better to minimize sweet fruits because sugar...

vegetagles contain a type of sugar called cellulose. The body cannot digest them. They are safe but, may not provide much energy.

Yes, malt can give you diabetes, just like coke. The body can break it down easily.. Normal sugars should be unprocessed carbohydrates.

; sugar is too watery? grin grin grin e go shock you! even diet coke is dangerous!

This is nice but also wrong on rice.

White rice and fried rice does not affect me so I'm 99% sure it doesn't have sugar.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by rickpat(m): 9:28pm On May 26, 2023
Delightsome2023:
gosh till now I can't break free from Pepsi.
watch it,the side affects are not so good...you can start by drinking water laced with orange or lime or lemon instead..just get water add any of those to it..then be drinking it in place of those carbonated poisons...
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Harrynight(m): 10:18pm On May 26, 2023
kkins25:
codemaniacs

3. [b]glycogen:

1. Simple sugars: Simple sugars are easy to digest and absorb. Examples, sucrose as seen in sugar cane, fructose as seen in honey, maltose, as seen in milk, glucose as you get from sugar cane, honey, milk, energy drink, alcohol, Rice, spaghetti, Indomie, Pasta some wine, and even fruits. All o them listed in this category raise your blood sugar to extreme levels and quickly. They are harmful.. Mango juice, orange juice, watermelon juice, pawpaw juice, and all other fruit juices will kill you just like sugar cubes will. @IzzyArts

cc: clockwisereport, Harrynight, Acidosis, GeneralPula
, OceanRed,
@ judedwriter, as you grow older, it'll be better to minimize sweat fruits because sugar...

@Usefulsense: vegetagles contain a type of sugar called cellulose. The body cannot digest them. They are safe but, may not provide much energy.

blaquebelle, LeyeWrites, : Yes, malt can give you diabetes, just like coke. The body can break it down easily.. Normal sugars should be unprocessed carbohydrates.

caprini1; sugar is too watery? grin grin grin e go shock you! even diet coke is dangerous!

This is detailed and comprehensive!
Thanks for Educating me👍
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by ask4bk(m): 10:30pm On May 26, 2023
Light78:
I don't drink beer, soft drinks, or wine. Just water.

Guys laugh at me for that.

All of us go still die together join

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by brownbib(m): 11:01pm On May 26, 2023
Very Impressive
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by seeme2(f): 11:58pm On May 26, 2023
Live forever. Sotigbo?
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by egopersonified(f): 7:31am On May 27, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars. The irony here is that the glucose and other monosaccharides in these drinks are a form of carbohydrates just like the disaccharides in complex sugars like sucrose (normal sugar)
Although all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose and consequently glycogen which are stored in the liver in complex metabolism reactions in the body, you cannot exactly compare these simple sugars to normal sugars.
And ironically, the malt we so much prefer to soda drinks contain Maltose which are complex sugars. A molecule of maltose can comparatively yield two molecules of monosaccharides in these soda drinks.
My point is that starch and carbohydrates like corn syrups and the foods I mentioned up there are much worse than these drinks. And although their intake should be controlled...it would be a futile endeavour if you keep supplementing them with excess starchy foods.
Malt is not a saviour either.

Of akpu, Amala, wheat, Garri, semo, pounded yam, poundo, etc., Which has the least sugar content.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by kkins25(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

No be sugar dey cause diabetes, Olodo.

Eating sugar (strictly speaking) does not directly cause diabetes. It does not cause type 1 diabetes . It does not cause type 2 diabetes. It does not cause gestational diabetes . It does not cause LADA or MODY or any other type of diabetes.
You cannot eat too many candy bars and make your way to a diabetes diagnosis instantly. No matter how many jokes and myths and stigmas abound, sugar does not directly cause diabetes.
https://diabetesstrong.com/does-eating-sugar-cause-diabetes/

The exact cause of diabetes is not known, however, Sugar is a key play in the development of the disease. 500 million people are currently living with diabetes around the world, that should indicate to you that our paradigm shift from protein to carbohydrate foods should be greatly considered. People who consume more sugar are more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes.

The relationship between Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, and Gestational diabetes is the bodies inability to produce enough insulin, or that the body cells reject insulin. Resulting in excess blood sugar. The high blood sugar is what starts to do damage to body cells-begining with destruction of nervous tissue in lower parts of the body where the rate of blood flow is reduced.

That said, diabetes is caused by a combo of mechanisms, environmental, genetics, and lifestyle.

While this
is true, it is still bad advice, given the correlations between sugar intake and diabetes.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by kkins25(m): 10:09am On May 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Interesting read. I also believe that many of these diseases (including diabetes) are largely hereditary.
hereditary is a factor too.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Originalsly: 12:22pm On May 27, 2023
suffering:
I exercise a lot so no fear.

This thread means nothing to the average Nigerian. Many of us consume water majorly. Soft drinks are at most three times a week. Go outside the country and see people consumingthese things with every meal. Their water tastes boring and cold, the only reason you’ll drink it heavily is if you’re into sports. To even hydrate daily I had to mix two litres with Ribena.

The highlighted ... go outside the country to which countries? The US ... source of these sodas ... people are moving away from sodas ... the reason sodas are selling cheaper and cheaper... water getting more expensive..... Gatorade cheaper... coconut water expensive and not even pure coconut water.... people are now checking what they are putting into their bodies.
Nice list ... surprised cereals not listed... they are also packed with sugar but we eat it with pride ... feeling that we are above the others who can it afford it. Energy drinks should be there.... they are overladen with sugar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekiti Coronavirus Patient Has Been Discharged (Pictures) / 238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths / Photos Of The UNILAG Student, Tope Who Died After Returning From A Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.