Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming (67038 Views)

6 Foods You're Consuming Daily That Are Slowly Destroying Your Kidneys / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Morphinne: 9:58am On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don't really consume soda drinks like that. My favorite drinks are Tiger nut milk drink, Coconut milk and zobo Drink.. And I do make them myself.

My problem here is ketchup. I literally eat most of my meals with ketchup.
Please can you briefly explain how to make this tiger nut milk with a juicer/blender?
I’m planning of ditching all these drinks altogether because these manufacturers don’t mind finishing everybody with diabetes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Harrynight(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2023
Even the garri, beans, rice, yam and other food we eat daily are all sugary food
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by odenkirk: 9:59am On May 26, 2023
ajepako:

You and I would kick the bucket one day

But that doesnt mean we should not take care of our health
drink moderately why would u stop completely
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Acidosis(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2023
These fraudsters and their false alarm. There is no carbohydrate without sugar. A pot of fried rice with sweet corn contains more "sugar" than Coke and Pepsi. You can provide a scientific background on why people should avoid carbonated/processed drinks and food but to out-rightly condemn sugar is tantamount to insa.nity.

Someone on the first page gave a very insightful and smart response.

5 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by IzzyArts(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2023
What about RC,Maltina
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Harrynight(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2023
shocked

Even the garri, beans, rice, yam and other food we eat daily are all sugary food
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by judedwriter(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2023
As you grow older, your body naturally rejects excess sugar.

I hardly ever take carbonated drinks and consuming more of fruits and of course zobo drinks.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Slaysor: 9:59am On May 26, 2023
odenkirk:
something must kill a man so let that something be something he enjoys. i am sipping my cold coca cola 2nd bottle of the day
When diabetes will come,you will know that all death are not the same. Or damaging your brain cells because too much sugar does that too

5 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by hardbody: 9:59am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars. The irony here is that the glucose and other monosaccharides in these drinks are a form of carbohydrates just like the disaccharides in complex sugars like sucrose (normal sugar)
Although all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose and consequently glycogen which are stored in the liver in complex metabolism reactions in the body, you cannot exactly compare these simple sugars to normal sugars.
And ironically, the malt we so much prefer to soda drinks contain Maltose which are complex sugars. A molecule of maltose can comparatively yield two molecules of monosaccharides in these soda drinks.
My point is that starch and carbohydrates like corn syrups and the foods I mentioned up there are much worse than these drinks. And although their intake should be controlled...it would be a futile endeavour if you keep supplementing them with excess starchy foods.
Malt is not a saviour either.

Make we kuku stop eating na. Haba

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by SerikiFulani(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2023
I'm addicted to Power horse & Red bull 🤓

Though I use it for sex and I exercise everyday 🏋️

2 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by KingGeedorah(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2023
Something Must Kill A Man!

Try and leave a healthy lifestyle and indulge yourself once in a while.

iamyemiakins:
More
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by IzzyArts(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2023
Harrynight:
nature sugar is better than all these junks... Take pawpaw,banana 🍌
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Kion: 10:01am On May 26, 2023
This life na one abeg
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by seunodediranivy: 10:01am On May 26, 2023
thank God I don't drink any of these, I drink only local gin, we call it ogogoro or janko, fonagau, orun laala in my language, that one doesn't have sugar at all.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Idoko619(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2023
pitroski:
Thanks God trophy beer no dey the list posted by OP

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by ajepako(f): 10:02am On May 26, 2023
odenkirk:
drink moderately why would u stop completely

I'm 49

My system is not as it used to be when l was 22, remember?

For real, i prefer water at room temp these days

7 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Adabilaal: 10:02am On May 26, 2023
Big lie, those data are not correct

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by GeneralPula: 10:02am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars.
There's a diff between natural sugar & processed sugar..

For Eg, fruits, dairies contained natural sugar like lactose, fructose!

Sugar found in drinks ET all are caloric sweetener! ( Processed sugar)

Natural sugars have many health benefits;
They help in weigh loss, they contain essential vitamins and minerals that are super great for the body!

Sugar is good for the body! Natural sugar precisely!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Slaysor: 10:02am On May 26, 2023
Harrynight:
How is beans sugary food?

4 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by kestolove95(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2023
Something must kill a man
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by AngelicBeing: 10:03am On May 26, 2023
sad
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Tonnierichy(m): 10:04am On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don't really consume soda drinks like that. My favorite drinks are Tiger nut milk drink, Coconut milk and zobo Drink.. And I do make them myself.

You make you drinks yourself? Are you a nutritionist? Or you are managing an ailment.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by OceanRed(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars. The irony here is that the glucose and other monosaccharides in these drinks are a form of carbohydrates just like the disaccharides in complex sugars like sucrose (normal sugar)
Although all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose and consequently glycogen which are stored in the liver in complex metabolism reactions in the body, you cannot exactly compare these simple sugars to normal sugars.
And ironically, the malt we so much prefer to soda drinks contain Maltose which are complex sugars. A molecule of maltose can comparatively yield two molecules of monosaccharides in these soda drinks.
My point is that starch and carbohydrates like corn syrups and the foods I mentioned up there are much worse than these drinks. And although their intake should be controlled...it would be a futile endeavour if you keep supplementing them with excess starchy foods.

i disagree with you, all the foods you mentioned contains sugar that can be metabolized and broken down naturally in the body to release energy, buh these drinks contain fructose , a synthetic sugar which aint broken down in the body but instead stored up in form of fats .which in the long run results in obesity, kidney damage, cardio vascular issues and host of other diseases

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by richie240: 10:05am On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:

The things u produce ursef are 100% safe, but the ones u buy off d shelf have as ingredients what are most likely to be injurious to ur health.
Most of the time they do not indicate all d ingredients for sinister purposes.

Just know that if u r not producing ur 'ketchup' ursef, u are most likely consuming those poisons u were running away from.
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Harrynight(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2023
IzzyArts:
nature sugar is better than all these junks... Take pawpaw,banana 🍌

Even with that, Excess of the natural sugar is a problem too jus like excess artificial sugar consumption
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Rubbiish(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:

Don't come here to post nonsense next time pls. How can u be comparing refined sugars in processed drinks to natural carbohydrates??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by alobright17(m): 10:08am On May 26, 2023
Light78:
I don't drink beer, soft drinks, or wine. Just water.

Guys laugh at me for that.

It still doesn’t mean those who drink those you mentioned can’t live longer than those who doesn’t drink them .
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Truthshscrazy: 10:09am On May 26, 2023
chaseblack:
"I don't take sugary drinks, I prefer malt" lmao
Both sucrose and maltose belong to the same family. Different taste, same death!
cool
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Harrynight(m): 10:09am On May 26, 2023
Slaysor:

How is beans sugary food?

Beans have sugar content... It's carbohydrate, besides don't beans sweet in your mouth
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Squirrel1(m): 10:09am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:
less starch, more protein. But e no cheap

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths / Photos Of The UNILAG Student, Tope Who Died After Returning From A Club / Lady Shares Before & After Photos Of Her Classmate Who Went 'mentally Deranged'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.