Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming (67006 Views)

6 Foods You're Consuming Daily That Are Slowly Destroying Your Kidneys / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Adasun(m): 4:45pm On May 27, 2023
descarado:

Google dangers of eating too much salt. Mamas in the village know that.
bros,u can't over eat salt. The real culprit is sugar
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Yseone(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2023
still go and check your sugar level, you might be lacking sugar as well.
Low sugar level= Problem
High sugar level= Problem
Jennyclay:
I don't really consume soda drinks like that. My favorite drinks are Tiger nut milk drink, Coconut milk and zobo Drink.. And I do make them myself.

My problem here is ketchup. I literally eat most of my meals with ketchup.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by babaalagbo11(m): 4:57pm On May 30, 2023
seglabsy:
where are you in oyo town?
eleekara area
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by babaalagbo11(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2023
Onelove508:

I'm interested bin the pile herbs
check my signature to contact me
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by seglabsy(m): 9:33pm On May 31, 2023
babaalagbo11:
eleekara area
ok i will get intouch
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by sonofthunder: 5:11am On Jun 01, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars. The irony here is that the glucose and other monosaccharides in these drinks are a form of carbohydrates just like the disaccharides in complex sugars like sucrose (normal sugar)
Although all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose and consequently glycogen which are stored in the liver in complex metabolism reactions in the body, you cannot exactly compare these simple sugars to normal sugars.
And ironically, the malt we so much prefer to soda drinks contain Maltose which are complex sugars. A molecule of maltose can comparatively yield two molecules of monosaccharides in these soda drinks.
My point is that starch and carbohydrates like corn syrups and the foods I mentioned up there are much worse than these drinks. And although their intake should be controlled...it would be a futile endeavour if you keep supplementing them with excess starchy foods.
Malt is not a saviour either.

Yes the swallows are all sugar but they come with the natural fibers which makes it better than just drinking sugar.

What most people do is eat those swallows and still abuse sugary drinks
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by sonofthunder: 5:12am On Jun 01, 2023
internationalman:
Squeeze bitter leaf and drink the juice instead and see tremendous changes occur in your body.

How do you guys drink this?

I which I could have it in capsules or something like that.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by internationalman(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2023
sonofthunder:

How do you guys drink this?

I which I could have it in capsules or something like that.

Drink it like you drink water. Are you not a man?

You can refrigerate it to neutralize the bitter taste.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by sonofthunder: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
internationalman:

Drink it like you drink water. Are you not a man?

You can refrigerate it to neutralize the bitter taste.

Ogbeni..... Why bringing my manhood into this??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by internationalman(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
sonofthunder:

Ogbeni..... Why bringing my manhood into this??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sorry Bro
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by babaalagbo11(m): 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
seglabsy:
ok i will get intouch
no problem

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by gtassure: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2023
Slaysor:

Stop saying what you don't know,cassava,garri and yam are bad but not compared to soft drink. Soft drink is made up of simple sugar,the body doesn't even need to metabolise it. It enters the body and immediately spikes up blood sugar. But yam,cassava,etc are broken down gradually by the body releasing it's sugar slowly into the body. Even though it still spikes blood sugar but not compared to sugar. That is why simple sugar has a high glycemic index than this foods.
Thanks for this important contribution. It is added sugar that does not occur naturally in any food or drink that is empty sugar that we should be careful with!
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by angelEmade: 5:08am On Jul 10, 2023
codemaniacs:

You wrote nonsense..
Says a nobody (school dropout)
You could have contributed but your illiteracy still got the better of you. angry grin
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Light78: 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
ask4bk:

All of us go still die together join

What's stopping you from standing in from of a train when you know everyone will die?
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by ask4bk(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
Light78:

What's stopping you from standing in from of a train when you know everyone will die?
What stops you from stopping your eventual death?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! / Ekiti Coronavirus Patient Has Been Discharged (Pictures) / 238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.