Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming (67027 Views)

6 Foods You're Consuming Daily That Are Slowly Destroying Your Kidneys / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by BarrElChapo(m): 11:22am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars. The irony here is that the glucose and other monosaccharides in these drinks are a form of carbohydrates just like the disaccharides in complex sugars like sucrose (normal sugar)
Although all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose and consequently glycogen which are stored in the liver in complex metabolism reactions in the body, you cannot exactly compare these simple sugars to normal sugars.
And ironically, the malt we so much prefer to soda drinks contain Maltose which are complex sugars. A molecule of maltose can comparatively yield two molecules of monosaccharides in these soda drinks.
My point is that starch and carbohydrates like corn syrups and the foods I mentioned up there are much worse than these drinks. And although their intake should be controlled...it would be a futile endeavour if you keep supplementing them with excess starchy foods.
Malt is not a saviour either.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Johnn74: 11:28am On May 26, 2023
Rubbiish:

Don't come here to post nonsense next time pls. How can u be comparing refined sugars in processed drinks to natural carbohydrates??
Seconded FDA limit is about 50g added sugars per day. Some natural polished refined carbohydrates are no better than added sugars really.

◼️Overall, Natural Unrefined Unpolished carbohydrates have the bran & endosperm intact and are classified as complex carbohydrates with low glycemic index which are safer to consume than simple refined Polished Natural carbohydrates stripped of bran, stripped of fiber and fortified with rubbish artificially synthetised vitamins.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by chatinent: 11:36am On May 26, 2023
Make Monster no kee person. God abeg
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by chatinent: 11:36am On May 26, 2023
Does it make me a sugar daddy?
πŸ€”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by ValeeLove(m): 11:37am On May 26, 2023
This is why our local Kunu remains the best. No one can disprove that.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by viodemus: 11:39am On May 26, 2023
Jokerman:

Salt is better than Sugar.

You can never over eat salt

That's not true,

I wish I can list all I know and also researched about salt; right now, no time.

Do some in depth internet research on salts. Also hear and research what dedicated experts or vast knowledge doctors are saying about it. Salts are just as deadly as sugars.

2 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by bepositive11: 11:41am On May 26, 2023
Light78:
I don't drink beer, soft drinks, or wine. Just water.

Guys laugh at me for that.

Don't mind them
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Billionaire2: 11:43am On May 26, 2023
LeyeWrites:
You're not wrong.

The other dude is just churning out fables

Sir, can you elaborate more constructively for educational purposes, instead of criticizing pointlessly. They made their analysis and we learned.

So what parts of his write up do you find objectionable??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Truthshotcrazy: 11:44am On May 26, 2023
Jokerman:

You can over eat salt.
Infact the upper limit for salt intake which you must not exceed daily, is about 2300mg or lteaspoon of tablesalt.
Blood pressure increases naturally as one ages and gets older. Thus, it is more imperative to control salt intake below FDA recommended limits. Canned foods have high sodium. U might want to watch those also.
https://www.fda.gov/food/nutrition-education-resources-materials/sodium-your-diet#:~:text=However%2C%20the%20Dietary%20Guidelines%20for,recommended%20limits%20are%20even%20lower.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by AminuRano87(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars. The irony here is that the glucose and other monosaccharides in these drinks are a form of carbohydrates just like the disaccharides in complex sugars like sucrose (normal sugar)
Although all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose and consequently glycogen which are stored in the liver in complex metabolism reactions in the body, you cannot exactly compare these simple sugars to normal sugars.
And ironically, the malt we so much prefer to soda drinks contain Maltose which are complex sugars. A molecule of maltose can comparatively yield two molecules of monosaccharides in these soda drinks.
My point is that starch and carbohydrates like corn syrups and the foods I mentioned up there are much worse than these drinks. And although their intake should be controlled...it would be a futile endeavour if you keep supplementing them with excess starchy foods.
Akpu and pounded yam have some fibre which slow down their sugar absorbtion. While the sugars in soft drinks has no fibre and is absorbed quickly into blood stream thereby spiking blood sugar levels.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by azpekuliar: 11:57am On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don't really consume soda drinks like that. My favorite drinks are Tiger nut milk drink, Coconut milk and zobo Drink.. And I do make them myself.

My problem here is ketchup. I literally eat most of my meals with ketchup.

You are not doing badly at all.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by azpekuliar: 11:57am On May 26, 2023
Jokerman:

Salt (Sodium Chloride) is worse than sugar.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by duro4chang(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2023
ednut1:
our forefathers were trekking daily to farms and doing other physical activities so they we’re burning the sugar. Today we spend our time on laptops/computers , tv, phones and video games. Consuming these things without burning it. Imagine eating eba and adding 50 cl coke. Then you go and sleep. Slow killer
That is not me. I walk at least 6km daily. In the last two months no okada, keke or vehicle.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Irupetepete: 11:59am On May 26, 2023
grin
pitroski:
Thanks God trophy beer no dey the list posted by OP
even Goldberg and origin
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Lumidee007(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2023
What's left of life if one doesn't consume all these things
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Ijaya123: 12:20pm On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:

What are we supposed to be consuming like this? Drink only water?πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Burgerlomo: 12:21pm On May 26, 2023
Nah wah ooo

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Kobicove(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2023
This appears exaggerated to me undecided
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by professore(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don't really consume soda drinks like that. My favorite drinks are Tiger nut milk drink, Coconut milk and zobo Drink.. And I do make them myself.

sup Jenny
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Afonjacrusder(f): 12:37pm On May 26, 2023
jamesversion:
Pls how can I stop drinking Virgin Mohito. Its now affecting my sex life.

How please?
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Koomuch(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2023
It's better to be moderate in what one consume
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Acidosis(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2023
Ijaya123:

What are we supposed to be consuming like this? Drink only water?πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

Clean water, you mean??

Water has killed more people than coke. Bad water is one of the major causes of enteral diseases: typhoid fever, polio, and cholera.

4 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by TheSuperX(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:

Must u tell us? brokeass like u 😑
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Okhuadams(m): 12:55pm On May 26, 2023
iamyemiakins:
Check out the amount of sugar in some of the drinks/snacks you consume regularly...
As as stout no dey among no problem

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Jokerman(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2023
azpekuliar:

Salt (Sodium Chloride) is worse than sugar.

Wrong.

We can't over eat salt the way we do sugar.

Sugar is the bedrock of most diseases and instabilities in the human body
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by gasparpisciotta: 1:01pm On May 26, 2023
pitroski:
Thanks God trophy beer no dey the list posted by OP

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Kingbuhari(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2023
How many people can afford any of these items here in Nigeria.. go abroad and see how they eat all these as food

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Anonymoususher: 1:11pm On May 26, 2023
Only water doesn't contain sugar. Everything you eat has sugar. So try rest

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Maobichek: 1:14pm On May 26, 2023
sofeo:
Of course, I don't consume those anyhow.

Those ones mentioned are better compare to Gulder, Star, Stout etc. Beer have more sugar than soft drinks.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by linkin8k(m): 1:26pm On May 26, 2023
Interesting
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by lendahand(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2023
rickpat:
SUGAR ADDICTION AS DEADLY AS ALCOHOL ADDICTION

#drinkwateronly
you can't drink water only oga

Once once sugar is good for your brain health. If you engage in much physical activities daily, you're good with a bottle of cola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekiti Coronavirus Patient Has Been Discharged (Pictures) / 238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths / Photos Of The UNILAG Student, Tope Who Died After Returning From A Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.