Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe (1446 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by liver123(m): 12:47pm On May 18, 2022
So as a Christian am I under a course if I skip paying tithe or I don't pay at all. My church preaches this and personally I am not in agreement with this.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Uprightness100(m): 12:58pm On May 18, 2022
Absolutely! The Word of GOD is very clear on that.
As one who claims to be a child of GOD,
Not paying your tithes or giving offering is you robbing GOD..
You are also under a curse for robbing GOD.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by DropsMic(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2022
liver123:
So as a Christian am I under a course if I skip paying tithe or I don't pay at all. My church preaches this and personally I am not in agreement with this.

Why would God curse you for not giving 5% of your money to your pastor to enrich himself and his family every month.. Think about it. If you must give, give it to the needy.

1 Like

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Dtruthspeaker: 1:41pm On May 18, 2022
liver123:

Most people enter into God's Curses when they grow up. So, if you did not follow God early, then, when you grew up, you entered into His Curses.

Therefore, whether you give tithe or not, you remain in His Curses.

And giving tithe will still not remove you from His Curses. That is why many have given tithes, yet, they do not prosper.

That is not The Way!
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by pasuma(m): 2:02pm On May 18, 2022
Are you sure
Where was it written in the bible ?
Do Jews pay tithe right now when there's no more temple in jerusalem absolutely not, dont take a part of the bible to suit your personal agenda and talk authoritatively ..
stop misleading people

Uprightness100:
Absolutely! The Word of GOD is very clear on that.
As one who claims to be a child of GOD,
Not paying your tithes or giving offering is you robbing GOD..
You are also under a curse for robbing GOD.

1 Like

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Uprightness100(m): 2:48pm On May 18, 2022
pasuma:
Are you sure
Where was it written in the bible ?
Do Jews pay tithe right now when there's no more temple in jerusalem absolutely not, dont take a part of the bible to suit your personal agenda and talk authoritatively ..
stop misleading people

Let me advice you.
Stick to the Word of GOD.
Whether Adam or Paul or Nicodemus or Mary or whoever does not follow should not make you to join them.

You came Alone into this world.
You will stand alone before GOD to give account of your life

Do not join the rebellious bandwagon who make noise to gratify and Deceive themselves.

GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Joker. Genuiely surrender to HIM, Love HIM and Obey HIS Word accordingly.

Malachi 3:8-10 is clear enough for anyone who does not want to deceive himself/herself.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Steep: 3:38pm On May 18, 2022
No, you are not but however anything you that it is good and you refuse to do it, it becomes a sin to you.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On May 18, 2022
liver123:
Did Jesus Christ tell you this? undecided

Why do you follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) yet call yourself a Christian, one who only follows Jesus Christ?, lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2022
Uprightness100:

Let me advice you.
Stick to the Word of GOD.
Whether Adam or Paul or Nicodemus or Mary or whoever does not follow should not make you to join them.

You came Alone into this world.
You will stand alone before GOD to give account of your life

Do not join the rebellious bandwagon who make noise to gratify and Deceive themselves.

GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Joker. Genuiely surrender to HIM, Love HIM and Obey HIS Word accordingly.

Malachi 3:8-10 is clear enough for anyone who does not want to deceive himself/herself.

Did God ever make any request from the gentiles to tithe or obey any of the Mosaic laws?

Your answer is in Acts 15.

While at it, it would be very helpful if you can provide scriptural references of Gentile believers that tithed in the early church. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 7:01pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Did God ever make any request from the gentiles to tithe or obey any of the Mosaic laws?

Your answer is in Acts 15.

While at it, it would be very helpful if you can provide scriptural references of Gentile believers that tithed in the early church. Thanks.

This is one of the works of Roman Catholic, there’s nothing like “church” it’s called eccelsia before it was changed by “Church” Fathers.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

This is one of the works of Roman Catholic, there’s nothing like “church” it’s called eccelsia before it was changed by “Church” Fathers.

Ecclesia, called out ones, church. You sha get the message. Don’t get too stuck on the labels at the expense of the context and substance.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 8:21pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Ecclesia, called out ones, church. You sha get the message. Don’t get too stuck on the labels

The ecclesia or ekklesia (Greek: ἐκκλησία) was the principal assembly of the democracy of ancient Athens. It was the popular assembly, open to all male citizens as soon as they qualified for citizenship. Ecclesia (ancient Athens) - Wikipedia, was later changed to “church” by the CHURCH FATHERS.
ROMAN CATHOLIC BAD GAN cheesy

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

The ecclesia or ekklesia (Greek: ἐκκλησία) was the principal assembly of the democracy of ancient Athens. It was the popular assembly, open to all male citizens as soon as they qualified for citizenship. Ecclesia (ancient Athens) - Wikipedia, was later changed to “church” by the CHURCH FATHERS.
ROMAN CATHOLIC BAD GAN cheesy

You don’t have to be economical with the truth.

Put out all the meanings to ecclesia here.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ecclesia

I guess the Roman Catholic Church wrote all the dictionaries too

Ecclesia (or Ekklesia) in Christian theology means both: a particular body of faithful people, and the whole body of the faithful. Latin ecclesia, from Greek ekklesia, where the word is a compound of two segments: "ek", a preposition meaning "out of", and a verb, "kaleo", signifying "to call" - together, literally, "to call out". That usage soon disappeared and was replaced with "assembly, congregation, council", or "convocation".

Source: Robertson A.T. (1919). A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research.

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:16pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

The dictionary got the meaning from the origin right? And how was I economical with the truth? They said same thing I said.
Bwahahahah
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:19pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Ecclesia (or Ekklesia) in Christian theology means both: a particular body of faithful people, and the whole body of the faithful. Latin ecclesia, from Greek ekklesia, where the word is a compound of two segments: "ek", a preposition meaning "out of", and a verb, "kaleo", signifying "to call" - together, literally, "to call out". That usage soon disappeared and was replaced with "assembly, congregation, council", or "convocation".

Source: Robertson A.T. (1919). A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research.

CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY** that was gotten from the Greeks right?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

The dictionary got the meaning from the origin right? And how was I economical with the truth?
Bwahahahah

All hail the all knowing one, he is right, but the dictionary is wrong.

Nairalanders, throwaway your dictionaries…maynman is more accurate than them.

Smh
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:21pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

All hail the all knowing one, he is right, but the dictionary is wrong.

Nairalanders, throwaway your dictionaries…maynman is more accurate than them.

Smh

The dictionary said exactly what I said, or what am I missing?
Bwahahahah
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:23pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY** that was gotten from the Greeks right?

Rest abeg, just do us a favor and tell us you are right while the dictionaries, theologians and researchers are wrong.

From the screenshot you put up there, you can see the reason ekklesia was applied to “the congregation of believers”

If you can’t connect the dots…oh well.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:25pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Rest abeg, just do us a favor and tell us you are right while the dictionaries, theologians and researchers are wrong.

From the screenshot you put up there, you can see the reason ekklesia was applied to “the congregation of believers”

If you can’t connect the dots…oh well.
It’s you that should stop lying, what did I say that the dictionary said otherwise, is this the best you can do to defend your deity?

Which screenshot did you see “believers”? Bwahahahah

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:25pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

The dictionary said exactly what I said, or what am I missing?
Bwahahahah

Check the three interpretations to ecclesia in the dictionary. Not just the first one smiley

See CHURCH there right?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:26pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Check the three interpretations to ecclesia in the dictionary. Not just the first one smiley

See CHURCH there right?

This church?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:26pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

It’s you that should stop lying, what did I say that the dictionary said otherwise, is this the best you can do to defend your deity?

Which screenshot did you see “believers”? Bwahahahah

Did you miss “community of believers” in the screenshot you posted? undecided

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:27pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Did you miss “community of believers” in the screenshot you posted? undecided

After it was changed by the CHURCH FATHERS courtesy Roman Catholic , didn’t you read “originally”?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:33pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

After it was changed by the CHURCH FATHERS courtesy Roman Catholic , didn’t you read “originally”?

Anyways, my screenshot answered your question on where I saw “believers”

Now humor me a bit, who told you the church Fathers were Roman Catholic? cheesy

Ireneaus, Polycarp, Origen for example were Roman Catholic? Lmao…

Go and study church history from 33AD up till when Emperor Constantine came to the scene and messed things up.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:37pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

As you can see in your screenshot, the word ecclesia and church was used interchangeably.

The Church of the Municipality aka “ekklesia tou dimou”

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:38pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Go and study church history from 33AD up till when Emperor Constantine came to the scene and messed things up.

Lying to defend your deity.
You mean their was a “church history” before 33AD, can you send me the link where I can read it.

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:40pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

As you can see in your screenshot, the word ecclesia and church was used interchangeably.

The Church of the Municipality aka “ekklesia tou dimou”

And?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:51pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Who told you they were not? Your masters in watchtower?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

This church?

Which further reinforces my point. Ekklesia has multiple meanings.

From the screenshots you posted, ekklesia is a political assembly, ekklesia is also interpreted to mean gathering of an army. Neither are wrong…

You can go on and on… early believers gathered together, they were also called ekklesia.

Kini big deal. Language evolves overtime, that’s why you shouldn’t get to fixated on the labels and miss out on the context.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

Who is watchtower again?
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 9:54pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

Were Origen, Ireneaus and Polycarp Roman Catholics? Yes or No

You made a bold claim church Fathers we’re Roman Catholic, so are the ones I mentioned above also Roman Catholic?

Did Roman Catholic Church exist in the 1st , 2nd century?
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 9:54pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Which further reinforces my point. Ekklesia has multiple meanings.

From the screenshots you posted, ekklesia is a political assembly, ekklesia is also interpreted to mean gathering of an army. Neither are wrong…

You can go on and on… early believers gathered together, they were also called ekklesia.

Kini big deal. Language evolves overtime, that’s why you shouldn’t get to fixated on the labels and miss out on the context.

It means just one thing. Read slowly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Happened To Egbin Orun Some Years After Converted To Christianity / Thought Provoking Question For Theists / It Is Time For God To Prove His Power!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.