Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe (1488 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:15pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

It was Tertulian that laballed them “chrestian”, and they were previously called “nazarene”. This Tertulian also created the trinity concept

“Followers of the way” dem dey speak English that time too?

Apostle Paul narrative are you sure? Or maybe it’s Catholic Epistle or Pauline epistle narrative.

Read your screenshot again. The label “Christian” was very much in use before Tertulian jumped on the bandwagon.

And obviously “followers of the way” would have a different root word in Hebrew…

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:15pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Read your screenshot again. The label “Christian” was very much in use before Tertulian jumped on the bandwagon.

The famous Antioch reference in the book of acts is to “Chrestian” not “Christian. How can you miss that simple English?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:17pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

And obviously “followers of the way” would have a different root word in Hebrew…

They were called Nazarene. Is this how much lies you have to tel yourself to believe in your deity?
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:18pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

The famous Antioch reference in the book of acts is to “Chrestian” not “Christian. How can you miss that simple English?

Check for the meaning of both words. They mean the same thing.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:21pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Check for the meaning of both words. They mean the same thing.

Use for pagan worshippers. It’s derogatory term!
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:32pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

They were called Nazarene. Is this how much lies you have to tel yourself to believe in your deity?

Again, just like “Christian”, “Nazarene” was a label believers were tagged with.

If you can show me where believers called themselves Nazarenes… I’m more than happy to check it out.

Paul was called a leader of the Nazarene sect
Acts 24 v 5:
5 “We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect

But here, this is Paul clearly stating he’s a follower of the way, he didn’t call himself a “Nazarene”
Act 24 v 14:
14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets

Another reference
Acts 22 v 3-4

Then Paul said: 3 “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today.
4 I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison,
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:35pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Again, just like “Christian”, “Nazarene” was a label believers were tagged with.

If you can show me where believers called themselves Nazarenes… I’m more than happy to check it out.

Paul was called a leader of the Nazarene sect
Acts 24 v 5:
5 “We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect

But here, this is Paul clearly stating he’s a follower of the way, he didn’t call himself a “Nazarene”
Act 24 v 14:
14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets

Another reference
Acts 22 v 3-4

Then Paul said: 3 “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today.
4 I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison,

Nazarenes have their own history. You can just google it out.
They were never referred to as Christians in the original copy, maybe they were in the VATICANUS.

They are jews right? they can’t use a Greek name to refer to them.

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:36pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

Use for pagan worshippers. It’s derogatory term!

Smh

https://m.name-doctor.com/Chrestian/

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:37pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

They were never referred to as Christians in the original copy, maybe they were in the VATICANUS.

Can you show us where believers called each other Nazarenes?

1 Like

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:38pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Smh

https://m.name-doctor.com/Chrestian/

Christos? Nah. It is chrestos/Chrestian.
See the difference.

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:39pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Can you show us where believers called each other Nazarenes?

Can you show me where believers called each other Christians?
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:41pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

You’ve missed my point entirely. I’m not bothered with what outsiders labelled believers with. My question is, what did the believers call each other?

Brother, Sister, Followers of the Way, The Elect, Saints.

This is what they called one another and what the Apostles identified them as.

Outsiders called them Christians, Nazarenes bla bla bla
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:43pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

You’ve missed my point entirely. I’m not bothered with what outsiders labelled believers with. My question is, what did the believers call each other?

Brother, Sister, Followers of the Way, The Elect, Saints.[b]

This is what they called one another and what the Apostles identified them as.

Outsiders called them Christians, Nazarenes bla bla bla
They spoke English that time?
Is Latin Jesus not from Nazareth?
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:43pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

Christos? Nah. It is chrestos/Chrestian.
See the difference.

Did you see the phrase “I infer” there?

You’re relying on someone else’s inference as your absolute truth. Splendid
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:45pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

These are the Greek Chrestus

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:46pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

The Bible you read is it not a product of canonization? Bwahahahah
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:53pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

These are the Greek Chrestus

Again, not a big deal. Many people bear Jesus, Many people bear Chrestus or whatever, no one has monopoly over bearing a name…

It’s like claiming your existence is a fraud because someone else who bore your names lived centuries before you. Get it?

Yeshua was a common name in Israel, and different people bore the name before Yeshua Ben Yosef existed. Same explanation applies to “Chrestus”
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:54pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

The Bible you read is it not a product of canonization? Bwahahahah

And what’s the correlation between inference and canonisation? undecided

At this juncture, feel free to argue with yourself. I’m off to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another working day.

Good night
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:54pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Again, not a big deal. Many people bear Jesus, Many people bear Chrestus or whatever, no one has monopoly over bearing a name…

It’s like claiming your existence is a fraud because someone else who bore your names lived centuries before you. Get it?

Yeshua was a common name in Israel, and different people bore the name before Yeshua Ben Yosef existed. Same explanation applies to “Chrestus”

They were first referred to as CHRESTIAN by TERTULIAN. Who is Tertulian?

The term is used for pagan worshippers.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 11:55pm On May 18, 2022
OkCornel:

And what’s the correlation between inference and canonisation? undecided

It has everything to do with it.
Canonization **
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:57pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

They were first referred to as CHRESTIAN by TERTULIAN. Who is Tertulian?

The term is used for pagan worshippers.

Good night

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 11:58pm On May 18, 2022
Maynman:

It has everything to do with it.
Canonization **

Wow, such a detailed answer.

Good night
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 12:00am On May 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Wow, such a detailed answer.

Good night

I overestimated you, thought you knew what canonization is. When I saw you write it as canonisation**, I don know sey something is up.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 12:02am On May 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Good night

“When Jew Jesus was alive he was referred to as Christ” a Greek word, was Latin Jesus born in Greece?

You are yet to answer me what church father and Roman Catholic means, if it was me, you would have been restless repeating it over and over again.

I’m just happy that you are worshipping your god in lies and you know that’s why you finding it hard to be straightforward.
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 12:04am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

I overestimated you, thought you knew what canonization is. When I saw you write it as canonisation**, I don know sey something is up.

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 12:05am On May 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Yeshua is a name, chrestus is a title. You understand yet?
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 12:06am On May 19, 2022
[quote author=OkCornel post=112965124][/quote]

I’m glad you know what canonization is now cheesy

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 12:08am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

“When Jew Jesus was alive he was referred to as Christ” a Greek word, was Latin Jesus born in Greece?

You are yet to answer me what church father and Roman Catholic means, if it was me, you would have been restless repeating it over and over again.

I’m just happy that you are worshipping your god in lies and you know that’s why you finding it hard to be straightforward.

Lol, so if you’re born a Yoruba man in Yoruba land and a Hausa man writes your autobiography in Hausa language, does it mean you were born in Hausa land?

I’m in awe of your logic
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 12:09am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

Yeshua is a name, chrestus is a title. You understand yet?
Who doesn’t know this?
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 12:11am On May 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Lol, so if you’re born a Yoruba man in Yoruba land and a Hausa man writes your autobiography in Hausa language, does it mean you were born in Hausa land?

I’m in awe of your logic

So which tribe referred to “Jesus” as Christ?

Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by Maynman: 12:11am On May 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Who doesn’t know this?

They also don’t know it’s for pagan worshippers
Re: So Am I Under A Course If I Don't Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 12:12am On May 19, 2022
Maynman:

I’m glad you know what canonization is now cheesy

So the issue is no longer spelling it as “canonisation”? undecided

Mehn… this is a waste of my precious time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Humans Spirit? / Opera Mini(editable) Users Will Go To Hell Fire! / Video Of 9ice Performing In A Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.