Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? (78506 Views)

Prepaid Meter: How Do I Handle This With My Landlord? / Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? / How Do I Handle My Landlord?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Dunkers: 10:37am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

Imagine. As if everyone is felas cousin. Mtchew!

You're not wise. She doesn't want to share the apartment with anyone and is doing it so you'll quickly leave like the others before you.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by SmartPolician: 10:37am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

No o. Not me. How will someone just come and open yansh in my presence and be going up and down the room.

If she does it and goes straight to bed, fine but she'll be up for some time like that before finally retiring to bed.
The first time I followed her to do it, it was straight to bed and I didn't get up again till Dawn.

Na wa o.

This shouldn't be a problem. I once knew a lady who shared a 3-bedroom flat with 2 other ladies. The three ladies who shared the flat all stay buck nake.d in the sitting room watching TV and in the kitchen.

She would always tell me to let her know before coming so she could tell others to dress up. Even in my presence, some of them just wear their nighties and some just have a cloth (wrapper) on.

Don't tell me you are a lesbian or a lesbian wannabe shocked
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Streetdreamx(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2022
Are you a student or a corp member?
Because I know it's common amongst ladies living together and staying unclad.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Tbbt5: 10:38am On May 19, 2022
See temptation
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:
With apologies to this fellow, I make this complaint.

Please, how can I handle this situation I found myself in this shared room.

I am someone who likes and respect peoples privacy and mine a lot and this was why it took me time to opt for a shared apartment until things got out of hand and I had to settle for it due to lack of sufficient funds.

The issue is about this fellow. The first night I got there, after a few mins she just went completely unclad. In my mind, I thought it was because she wanted to bathe, that she'll probably get into a nighty once she's done but to my surprise, she didn't. And the way she goes about unclad, bending in front of me is so disturbing. I feel like telling her to cover up a bit but I know I can't.
I know the weather is hot but hey... we need to show some decency here.

The first night I did that nonsense but that was after the light was turned off but yesterday, mehn... I couldn't continue so I wore my panties and later covered up a bit with wrapper but she'll just come and open everything waaaa... And its getting on my nerves.

This has got me wondering, so this is how this students leave their bodies anyhow?

I'm still trying to absorb everything about this new lifestyle because I've never seen such before. Though, when I was living alone, I used to go to sleep the way God created me. That is because I'm all alone. Not when someone is around. I can't

I asked the man in charge if I can put a partition, he said the fan would disturb it otherwise, I planned to call a capenter to come and partition my space. Its not too late. I might still get a mobile partition by weekend if I find something nice.

What do you think, fam.?

oga whhy are you complaining ?

i can not see any problem here oooo!
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Coldie(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2022
Put ur partition in this life anything ur mind is telling u low-key do it. Don’t wait until u get embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Rivguydee(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2022
Does she have yansh?�
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Born2Breed(f): 10:41am On May 19, 2022
She dey enter your eye? Don't be a closet.....

Express your sexuality

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 19, 2022
Pictures or idonbilivit

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by sonssyo: 10:42am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

I am someone who likes and respect peoples privacy and mine a lot and this was why it took me time to opt for a shared apartment until things got out of hand and I had to settle for it due to lack of sufficient funds.

The issue is about this fellow. The first night I got there, after a few mins she just went completely unclad. In my mind, I thought it was because she wanted to bathe, that she'll probably get into a nighty once she's done but to my surprise, she didn't. And the way she goes about unclad, bending in front of me is so disturbing. I feel like telling her to cover up a bit but I know I can't.

The first night I did that nonsense but that was after the light was turned off but yesterday, mehn... I couldn't continue so I wore my panties and later covered up a bit with wrapper but she'll just come and open everything waaaa... And its getting on my nerves.

This has got me wondering, so this is how this students leave their bodies anyhow?

I'm still trying to absorb everything about this new lifestyle because I've never seen such before. Though, when I was living alone, I used to go to sleep the way God created me. That is because I'm all alone. Not when someone is around. I can't

I asked the man in charge if I can put a partition, he said the fan would disturb it otherwise, I planned to call a capenter to come and partition my space. Its not too late. I might still get a mobile partition by weekend if I find something nice.

What do you think, fam.?

Had it been u stayed in boarding school,u won't be complaining, I stay in a bedroom apartment and because it's part of me. I use to have a brother that stayed with my mum staying with me,thank God he has stylishly left,I can now move up and down naked in m house, sister zukwanu Ike,u will later join this group sooner or later
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Kirchoffs: 10:42am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

Interested?? shocked. Are you normal?

I'm saying something is pissing me off, you're saying I'm interested.. mhen! Your reasoning ehn?
This is definitely Mercychen the psychotic woman, you need real sex from a real nigga like me . Don't do lesbianism o

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by jimyjames(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2022
Lari03r:
This is ridiculous.

It shows you have a crude mindset. You are both female and she chooses to be naked, that is her choice and if you don't want to see her naked, close your eyes.

As long she is not making advances towards you, learn to tolerate her. If you keep acting like a judge, you will have no friends or acquaintances.
As a guy I won't want to see another man walking around naked all the time, not even my brothers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by phemmyfour: 10:45am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

She's trying to seduce you...lesbo tinz

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by dalass(f): 10:46am On May 19, 2022
If you were in the boarding house before this, you'd have been used to it.

You'll get used to her

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by DominionGreat: 10:46am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

Invite me to visit you guys for just two days and trust me.She won't ever try it again
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by AstuteAyo(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2022
Show us receipt
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by alizma: 10:48am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

You can put a partition if you both agreed on that, it just have to be a half way partition, that is it doesn't has to get to the ceiling where the fan is. Just something a little above your your shoulder height.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Bekeey: 10:48am On May 19, 2022
Pictures or I no gree

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Nobody: 10:48am On May 19, 2022
Talk to her about it in a friendly way, this may even open door for conversations that would make living better. Believe it or not sooner or later there would be need to set some rules and iron some things out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by wonderr(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

Yes. A bed space was what I ended up getting as a matter of urgency.
you mean as a matter of SAPAgency
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Drone95(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2022
grin it's not new
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Druss(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2022
I too would not be happy in your shoes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Greystone: 10:50am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

You know if I call her to order now, the next thing she'll remind me to go and rent a single room if I can't stay in a shared one. And how she's also paying for her space.

Sit her down and talk to her gently but firmly.
Tell her that her moving about the apartment nude makes you uncomfortable and she should consider wearing something to cover up a little. (Even if na pant)
If she is sensible and mature, she won’t want to cause you discomfort and will make some changes to that effect.
But if she gets angry and refuses to change, then you can either get used to seeing her naked all the time, or make plans towards moving out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by fergieboy: 10:52am On May 19, 2022
Are you living in Dubai

If yes I can relate

But in Nigerian hell Naah
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Agugbadin: 10:52am On May 19, 2022
Put a partion in place and get a pedestal fan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Beermoney1: 10:52am On May 19, 2022
While in school, had a roommate like that. Walks in naked after showing and this was a room of up to 6 boys. I complained until I got tired. Leant to ignore him and move along.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Emaprince: 10:53am On May 19, 2022
Why do women like going about nake.d when they are home with their fellow ladies?
Very disgusting to me.

This is why I disliked visiting female hostels in my UNI years cos one must see one or two nake.d girls roaming about.

And this is also the reason there is a very high-level of lesbianism compared to homosexualism.

Honestly men are more descent and more morally upright than women. Women na all mouth but their actions na opposite.

Even when I am alone, I have my short on.

SMH.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by MansoryMX(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

Most female loves being nude in their comfort zone. Talk to her or get another place.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by REALretep(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

Well... you both definitely need to discuss that
But the issue is that you have to first calm yourself down and accept it as her way of life and also accept that she is right to be as she pleases indoors.
Only after you have calmed yourself down can there be a possibility of a meaningful and constructive conversation about this matter between you two.
Going by the way you currently strongly feel about this behaviour of hers, the possibility of a fruitful conversation is greatly diminished since she is the first occupant.

Nevertheless, it's only a matter of time before you get recruited unconsciously in this same behaviour as long as you remain in that room with her for a while. You will soon start being comfortable with that.

The option of separating the room is a very viable option to protect you from being unconsciously recruited... but shaa you both need to have a calm conversation about it first
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by fredoooooo: 10:55am On May 19, 2022
Mget money and get yiursef your iwn Apartment
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Ishilove: 10:55am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

No o. Not me. How will someone just come and open yansh in my presence and be going up and down the room.

If she does it and goes straight to bed, fine but she'll be up for some time like that before finally retiring to bed.
The first time I followed her to do it, it was straight to bed and I didn't get up again till Dawn.

Na wa o.
Get used to it. In life we have to learn to tolerate and compromise on certain issues. When I was in the hostel, some girls can walk from the ground floor to the top floor, butt naked. I found it jarring at first, but I learned to remove my eyes and ignore. When your roomie strips, mentally blank out her nudity and keep your eyes firmly away from her body. In time you will adjust because the human mind can stretch and adjust far beyond our expectations.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Behold, The Controversial Most Expensive Building In Abuja / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows / I Cried When I Entered The Houses Of Billionaires In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.