Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? (78547 Views)

Prepaid Meter: How Do I Handle This With My Landlord? / Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? / How Do I Handle My Landlord?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 4:53pm On May 19, 2022
Jhenny:
But she is not complaining over 'everything' as you stated. Just 'one' thing she does and she is not comfortable with it.

@OP, I clearly understand how you feel, I despise it with everything in me to see another person's nudity whether male or female and I will never understand why some ladies think it's cool to go around naked just because they share room with a woman. I find it very disturbing.

My little cousin once stayed with me and she was almost like this, she dresses provocatively indoors, goes naked anytime she liked just because she shared room with me and I told her clearly that if she wants to stay long with me, she needs to learn to dress properly and cover up because I don't need to see her nudity, it disgust me and she took correction.

In your case, it is different because you both paid for the room, either you talk to her and let her know how uncomfortable she makes you feel by always walking around naked or just endure till you get money for your own space

And for those who see nothing wrong with it. You can go nude whenever you like but please make sure you live alone. Not everyone is comfortable with that nonsense.

Exactly my point. I don't know why majority here see it as a normal thing. I mean... It doesn't show any sense of decency.

Imagine... some are even saying I'm attracted to her... Like seriously?

Let's assume she has craw craw on her bumbum and I'm eating, won't I throw up?

Thanks sis.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 4:59pm On May 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Some of us are actually put off by such and NO, we are not interested. I find it cringeworthy that anyone would harass my sight with his/her nudity. I HATE IT.

Exactly how I feel.

I can't inhale a healthy and fresh air. Too bad.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by THISLIFE01: 5:00pm On May 19, 2022
Lari03r:
This is ridiculous.

It shows you have a crude mindset. You are both female and she chooses to be naked, that is her choice and if you don't want to see her naked, close your eyes.

As long she is not making advances towards you, learn to tolerate her. If you keep acting like a judge, you will have no friends or acquaintances.

Hmmmmmm...This comment makes a whole lot of sense,I hope @op, will understand every word.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 5:02pm On May 19, 2022
Bobmarie:
Keep accepting things that make you uncomfortable in the name of friendship. You left the roommate that acts like she’s living in a school hostel and called the complainant crude? I think you should look up the meaning of the word.

What is so crude about wanting the next person to cover the Bleep up? These are sound like women not small kids in high school or university. What if she is overweight and has green varicose veins?

Smh.

Are you minding that slowpoke.

Imagine, if she's bringing something out from under her bed, na my face she'll bend and open her bumbum, nyaaaa... Kai! I don chop shit.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by pocohantas(f): 5:07pm On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

Exactly how I feel. I can't inhale a healthy and fresh air. Too bad.

Don’t mind the people talking nonsense.

Do you two share bed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by YourFavorite21(m): 5:08pm On May 19, 2022
Drop una room location make I come see nyash grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 5:21pm On May 19, 2022
Jhenny:
Apologies, but you sound like a child or an adult with a child's brain. If you think everyone engages in pre-marital sex, then you need to change your circle. Banging body, What's that?, Perverted soul. You are obviously a teenager because the only think in the minds of many of you is sex and nothing else. Kid

God bless your soul.

They think its everyone that engages in premarital sex.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 5:29pm On May 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Do you two share bed?

No way! That would be disgusting.
I litter my bed with clothes when going out to avoid a case of her sitting on it while I'm out.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Jackanda1(m): 5:35pm On May 19, 2022
This is a very bad habit. She should be seriously investigated. What's your house address? I need to pay a visit immediately to see things for myself angry

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by pocohantas(f): 5:36pm On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

No way! That would be disgusting.
I litter my bed with clothes when going out to avoid a case of her sitting on it while I'm out.

Make she no go sit on the clothes o. Abeg get a divider if you want. You have even tried, knowing myself, hmmmm. I have zero tolerance for such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by liftedud(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2022
Picture or idonblivit
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Omoluabi16(m): 6:22pm On May 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Do you two share bed?
Them say you be only gal, or you no stay hostel abi you be religious person. grin
I can't believe people could be so inconsiderate.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by StrongAlphMale: 6:24pm On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What are you even saying?
Is it a right thing to just come in front of a total stranger and throw everything open like that? That simply shows lack of home training.

Even while in the family house, you dare not sit where my mum is with only panties and bra. Who born you? Not to talk of walking about naked.

Its strange to me because I'm a stranger. Even my blood sisters will never do such In their own homes in my presence. It all boils down to upbringing and exposure to wayward lifestyle. Not decent at all.

Let's start from here first.. You dey call your fellow gender Pet names like baby, honey, darling, sweetheart, girlfriend, love etc? If yes, is it not absolute stupidity and foolishness for a girl to even call her fellow girl such pet names like they're both lovers or lesbians or something. Then why complaining about your fellow genders naked body na? It makes no sense at all. Abi her body dey turn u on?

Imagine a guy complaining about the naked body of his fellow guy. Is that not stupidity? And he'll been seen as a gay? So again, why complaining? Are you a lesbian? This is my first time of seeing a female complaining about her fellow females naked body. Most of here are already thinking you're a lesbian.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by pocohantas(f): 6:29pm On May 19, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Them say you be only gal, or you no stay hostel abi you be religious person. grin
I can't believe people could be so inconsiderate.

They are that inconsiderate. Nigerians make terrible guests and roommates. One even said I am insecure in my body. So being secure in your body means you should be walking about naked? Common sense is not common. Maybe in mama dey walk about naked for house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Cousin9999: 6:53pm On May 19, 2022
Just respectfully tell them it makes you uncomfortable.

Or you could smack her on the a** and see what's up. lol

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Fantazy(m): 7:13pm On May 19, 2022
Give me your address. Let me come and do some deliverance and counseling for her.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by ultimateprof: 7:23pm On May 19, 2022
Why this kind opportunity no dey come my way?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by shiffynaani(m): 7:35pm On May 19, 2022
AzzaMan:
She go soon Bleep you....

Aza sure, put call.
bros, abeg help your boy na

I sent you a message on a thread about how much one makes weekly and monthly, you no reply me

I'm serious boss
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by NaijaCars4sale: 7:40pm On May 19, 2022
Some people are just weird
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by suffering: 7:52pm On May 19, 2022
Well, blame her upbringing. If I have a girlfriend around for a week I tell her to walk about naked. I don’t know if the novelty lasts past a week because I’ve never let a female stay for longer. Tell her once or twice. If she doesn’t care then move out.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by StAmbrose1(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2022
Hanz1:

Can she stay with a guy? If yes, I wld like us to switch apartments. You move over to mine and I move over with her. I don't mind staying with her. But ask her first cool
@Channah1, this is a good idea.
Your roommate has a perverse, and warped mindset.
Tell her about your uncomfortability with her nude behaviour. It is her response that would tell you her real intentions. And whatever she said. Her intentions are not good.
It is mostly debauched, and lascivious girls that behave in such manner.
You are not her spouse.
So she shouldn't suffocate you with her nudity.
And I am mostly sure she lacks good sex,and masculine touch.
Get a divider(clothes can be cheaper I.e curtains).
Also, let guys to visit you often. That would reduce the frequency of her nudity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Cousin9999: 8:07pm On May 19, 2022
But does she look good though, op?

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by StAmbrose1(m): 8:13pm On May 19, 2022
pocohantas:

They are that inconsiderate. Nigerians make terrible guests and roommates. One even said I am insecure in my body. So being secure in your body means you should be walking about naked? Common sense is not common. Maybe in mama dey walk about naked for house.
You don't seem to have a bad body.
Even though you had; with your awareness, you could easily make the adequate correction with either through the obvious medical method or otherwise.
But in all honesty, I never thought you were this astute, and reasonable.
I viewed you in a bad light.
Your 'antimen' stance on most subjects here defines you as a misandrist. One that would have difficulty in keeping good relationships.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by UncleKoboko: 8:36pm On May 19, 2022
Channah1:
With apologies to this fellow, I make this complaint.

Please, how can I handle this situation I found myself in this shared room.

I am someone who likes and respect peoples privacy and mine a lot and this was why it took me time to opt for a shared apartment until things got out of hand and I had to settle for it due to lack of sufficient funds.

The issue is about this fellow. The first night I got there, after a few mins she just went completely unclad. In my mind, I thought it was because she wanted to bathe, that she'll probably get into a nighty once she's done but to my surprise, she didn't. And the way she goes about unclad, bending in front of me is so disturbing. I feel like telling her to cover up a bit but I know I can't.
I know the weather is hot but hey... we need to show some decency here.

The first night I did that nonsense but that was after the light was turned off but yesterday, mehn... I couldn't continue so I wore my panties and later covered up a bit with wrapper but she'll just come and open everything waaaa... And its getting on my nerves.

This has got me wondering, so this is how this students leave their bodies anyhow?

I'm still trying to absorb everything about this new lifestyle because I've never seen such before. Though, when I was living alone, I used to go to sleep the way God created me. That is because I'm all alone. Not when someone is around. I can't

I asked the man in charge if I can put a partition, he said the fan would disturb it otherwise, I planned to call a capenter to come and partition my space. Its not too late. I might still get a mobile partition by weekend if I find something nice.

What do you think, fam.?

Can I please be your flatmate cool cool cool cool cool
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Emoin321: 10:10pm On May 19, 2022
You can use a partition that doesn’t get up to the ceiling fan
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 10:14pm On May 19, 2022
StAmbrose1:

@Channah1, this is a good idea.
Your roommate has a perverse, and warped mindset.
Tell her about your uncomfortability with her nude behaviour. It is her response that would tell you her real intentions. And whatever she said. Her intentions are not good.
It is mostly debauched, and lascivious girls that behave in such manner.
You are not her spouse.
So she shouldn't suffocate you with her nudity.
And I am mostly sure she lacks good sex,and masculine touch.
Get a divider(clothes can be cheaper I.e curtains).
Also, let guys to visit you often. That would reduce the frequency of her nudity.

Ok. Thank you so much.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by tctrills: 10:49pm On May 19, 2022
Channah1:
With apologies to this fellow, I make this complaint.

Please, how can I handle this situation I found myself in this shared room.

I am someone who likes and respect peoples privacy and mine a lot and this was why it took me time to opt for a shared apartment until things got out of hand and I had to settle for it due to lack of sufficient funds.

The issue is about this fellow. The first night I got there, after a few mins she just went completely unclad. In my mind, I thought it was because she wanted to bathe, that she'll probably get into a nighty once she's done but to my surprise, she didn't. And the way she goes about unclad, bending in front of me is so disturbing. I feel like telling her to cover up a bit but I know I can't.
I know the weather is hot but hey... we need to show some decency here.

The first night I did that nonsense but that was after the light was turned off but yesterday, mehn... I couldn't continue so I wore my panties and later covered up a bit with wrapper but she'll just come and open everything waaaa... And its getting on my nerves.

This has got me wondering, so this is how this students leave their bodies anyhow?

I'm still trying to absorb everything about this new lifestyle because I've never seen such before. Though, when I was living alone, I used to go to sleep the way God created me. That is because I'm all alone. Not when someone is around. I can't

I asked the man in charge if I can put a partition, he said the fan would disturb it otherwise, I planned to call a capenter to come and partition my space. Its not too late. I might still get a mobile partition by weekend if I find something nice.

What do you think, fam.?

Are you Gay? Just asking
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Mystery9(m): 12:38am On May 20, 2022
Lari03r:
This is ridiculous.

It shows you have a crude mindset. You are both female and she chooses to be naked, that is her choice and if you don't want to see her naked, close your eyes.

As long she is not making advances towards you, learn to tolerate her. If you keep acting like a judge, you will have no friends or acquaintances.
What nonsense are you saying shocked
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Mystery9(m): 12:40am On May 20, 2022
tctrills:

Are you Gay? Just asking
Stupid questions. If she is one won't [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]she love it? This nonsense staying naked with someone else in the room promotes homosexuality.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Mystery9(m): 12:42am On May 20, 2022
ChoCho54:
You are living in a shared room. Why can't you be mature and maintain your lane? Why are you disturbed because your roommate is an indoor nudist if you are not jealous of what she's flaunting.

grin You are perceiving yansh, is your roomys coochie a fish store?

You even came to cry on NL .
Poor reasoning.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Mystery9(m): 12:46am On May 20, 2022
SmartPolician:

This shouldn't be a problem. I once knew a lady who shared a 3-bedroom flat with 2 other ladies. The three ladies who shared the flat all stay buck nake.d in the sitting room watching TV and in the kitchen.

She would always tell me to let her know before coming so she could tell others to dress up. Even in my presence, some of them just wear their nighties and some just have a cloth (wrapper) on.

Don't tell me you are a lesbian or a lesbian wannabe shocked
Foolish reasoning. If she is a lesbian, won't she love it. Don't you know that such act of appearing nude before a fellow sex promotes homosexuality embarassed
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Mystery9(m): 12:54am On May 20, 2022
From experience and from the understanding given to me by God. It is even not fitting to stay naked alone. How much more staying naked with another one that is not your husband or wife. I know many will not fathom this... It is a mystery that I won't go further on. Only those with deep comprehension may get this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Behold, The Controversial Most Expensive Building In Abuja / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows / I Cried When I Entered The Houses Of Billionaires In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.