Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? (78503 Views)

Prepaid Meter: How Do I Handle This With My Landlord? / Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? / How Do I Handle My Landlord?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Mystery9(m): 12:59am On May 20, 2022
trippleKAY:
im very sure the said lady is very endowed (front or back) she's then intimidating her with her own small ass. Trust me that's what's happening. She's only being jealous.
That's women for u.
What a generation.... Poor reasoning from you.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by tctrills: 1:05am On May 20, 2022
Mystery9:

Stupid questions. If she is one won't [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]she love it? This nonsense staying naked with someone else in the room promotes homosexuality.

You talk like a child. The issue here is that she is very uncomfortable in presence of her naked roommate of the same sex. It would be interesting to know why and understand how she is wired.
Just so you know, when I was in school I saw my roommates naked and I was never tempted to have sex with them. I basically did not notice their unclothedness.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by TechCapon(m): 6:07am On May 20, 2022
Channah1:

I didn't encourage her o. Its just probably her way and she finds it difficult to adjust.
does she also do this during her period? So disgusting. So after your discussion with her about it what's her response?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by investigator007: 6:19am On May 20, 2022
Low-key I know some people who will wish for this.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 6:24am On May 20, 2022
TechCapon:
does she also do this during her period? So disgusting. So after your discussion with her about it what's her response?

I don't know what that period would be like though and I haven't discussed with her about it.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by pocohantas(f): 6:59am On May 20, 2022
StAmbrose1:

You don't seem to have a bad body.
Even though you had; with your awareness, you could easily make the adequate correction with either through the obvious medical method or otherwise.
But in all honesty, I never thought you were this astute, and reasonable.
I viewed you in a bad light.
Your 'antimen' stance on most subjects here defines you as a misandrist. One that would have difficulty in keeping good relationships.

This is none of my business in all honesty too.

Do have a lovely day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Chidi2022: 7:07am On May 20, 2022
ordovicianonly:

So you think anyone one can go naked in a face me I face you house ? That is not possible ,you can only be naked in your room or personal space . Only a mad person will be naked publicly
Oga talk your own, make i talk my own... Speaking from experience, Do you know how many years i suffered in the ghetto? there is one that lives in the house i lived then, his name is saheed, he comes out naked, anytime he wants to smoke hemp, both day and night... it wasn't a good sight at all, but i endured until my money complete to rent better house for township..... Come to ijora slum and rent a house, you go understand small...

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Chidi2022: 7:12am On May 20, 2022
Ghoxt:
Judging by your previous posts, you've been through a lot, but have learnt so little.
lol.... all the people here now, can they all swear that they did not see her cry for help to get a better apartment? the worse thing now is that, if them push her sotay, and her bed space is refunded to her, none of them, will extend a helping hand ...
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Chidi2022: 7:18am On May 20, 2022
Jhenny:
But she is not complaining over 'everything' as you stated. Just 'one' thing she does and she is not comfortable with it.

@OP, I clearly understand how you feel, I despise it with everything in me to see another person's nudity whether male or female and I will never understand why some ladies think it's cool to go around naked just because they share room with a woman. I find it very disturbing.

My little cousin once stayed with me and she was almost like this, she dresses provocatively indoors, goes naked anytime she liked just because she shared room with me and I told her clearly that if she wants to stay long with me, she needs to learn to dress properly and cover up because I don't need to see her nudity, it disgust me and she took correction.

In your case, it is different because you both paid for the room, either you talk to her and let her know how uncomfortable she makes you feel by always walking around naked or just endure till you get money for your own space

And for those who see nothing wrong with it. You can go nude whenever you like but please make sure you live alone. Not everyone is comfortable with that nonsense.

No one said going naked is a good sight to behold, because i don't understand your kinda reply to my opinion, (everyone is entitled to an opinion). You think getting a bed space is same as paying for house rent together abi? if you push her finish and the bed fee is returned back to her, i do hope you will not go awol and help? because i know how many threads this lady created to seek for help, i never saw your comment on any ooooh.... no single soul rendered any help to her....

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Chidi2022: 7:23am On May 20, 2022
Obnoxious2001:

Talk to here jokingly about it first.

I used to have this opposite door neighbors (they where girls) they change their cloths naked, they are not bothered even if the doors where open or closed and they where not concerned.

They just made the whole thing look normal, so we just adapted, so after some time they changed after my neighbor who was not aware such thing happen paid me a visit and was about to leave grin.
Baba closed the door back and was in shock.

That was how they stopped smiley
ordovicianonly, come and see this....

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Ghoxt: 8:18am On May 20, 2022
Chidi2022:
lol.... all the people here now, can they all swear that they did not see her cry for help to get a better apartment? the worse thing now is that, if them push her sotay, and her bed space is refunded to her, none of them, will extend a helping hand ...

Don't watch other people, extended a helping hand to her if you're moved to do so.
Be a better person grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Chidi2022: 8:30am On May 20, 2022
Ghoxt:

Don't watch other people, extended a helping hand to her if you're moved to do so.
Be a better person grin
God knows i don't... You can go through my other moniker that was deactivated.... although i do not have money to give for now... but i have an accomodation that she manage with me without paying a dime.... but its far from her, that is the issue... you get.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Ghoxt: 8:58am On May 20, 2022
Chidi2022:
God knows i don't... You can go through my other moniker that was deactivated.... although i do not have money to give for now... but i have an accomodation that she manage with me without paying a dime.... but its far from her, that is the issue... you get.

I am having a hard timer believing OP stories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Jhenny(f): 8:58am On May 20, 2022
Chidi2022:
No one said going naked is a good sight to behold, because i don't understand your kinda reply to my opinion, (everyone is entitled to an opinion). You think getting a bed space is same as paying for house rent together abi? if you push her finish and the bed fee is returned back to her, i do hope you will not go awol and help? because i know how many threads this lady created to seek for help, i never saw your comment on any ooooh.... no single soul rendered any help to her....
Too many dvmb students on nairaland. It is well
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Chidi2022: 9:11am On May 20, 2022
Jhenny:
Too many dvmb students on nairaland. It is well
Atleast, i am not dumber than your generation put together... a child that refuses to be trained at home will be trained outside.... next time, you no go mention me again since you are an aggressive bulldog.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Chidi2022: 9:13am On May 20, 2022
Ghoxt:

I am having a hard timer believing OP stories.
ha.... but she posted pictures to butress her points and help seeking.... Do you want to help?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Jhenny(f): 9:23am On May 20, 2022
Chidi2022:
Atleast, i am not dumber than your generation put together... a child that refuses to be trained at home will be trained outside.... next time, you no go mention me again since you are an aggressive bulldog.
Lol. Okay e-warrior
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Pathokpo: 10:13am On May 20, 2022
cayorday89:

Is it that easy to introduce an adult into a sexual sitiation he/she is not comfortable with, even a kid needs to be brainwashed and threatened for a sexual act to take place not to talk of an adult who knows his right from his left much more lesbianism most people are not okay with.
Best is for OP to talk with her roommate and she can adjust even if na to dey put on panties and a crop top. Not everyone is comfortable with clothes on when indoor.
We are both saying the same thing. It would have been better if the said roommate puts on something short while indoors than going stark naked in the presence of a stranger whose way of life may be different from yours. Don't forget our physiological and psychological makeup isn't the same some have strong will due to their sociological experience while others is weaker so your have to examine and understand yourself and act accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by cayorday89(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2022
Pathokpo:

We are both saying the same thing. It would have been better if the said roommate puts on something short while indoors than going stark naked in the presence of a stranger whose way of life may be different from yours. Don't forget our physiological and psychological makeup isn't the same some have strong will due to their sociological experience while others is weaker so your have to examine and understand yourself and act accordingly.
You are very right, OP should speak up, I guess she does not want to offend her roommate but they have equal right and a little adjustment will do the trick...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Pathokpo: 7:50pm On May 20, 2022
cayorday89:

You are very right, OP should speak up, I guess she does not want to offend her roommate but they have equal right and a little adjustment will do the trick...
Gbamsolutely

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Classickj(m): 10:18pm On May 20, 2022
Lari03r:
This is ridiculous.

It shows you have a crude mindset. You are both female and she chooses to be naked, that is her choice and if you don't want to see her naked, close your eyes.

As long she is not making advances towards you, learn to tolerate her. If you keep acting like a judge, you will have no friends or acquaintances.
dude what the fuxk
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Lari03r(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2022
jimyjames:

As a guy I won't want to see another man walking around naked all the time, not even my brothers

That's you. Other people don't mind because the person is a nudist and not a sexual predator.

I grew up with senior men and they didn't act like sissies neither did they make jokes about things like this.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Lari03r(m): 4:21pm On May 23, 2022
Sion47:

They are room mates and not spouses,
Ur comment show ur degree of ignorance and irrationality.

If what u like doing puts ur roommate in discomfort, why not have a rethink and condition .

If the Op is a smoker and her nudist roommate detests smoking, will they cohabit without complain.?

If the Op is someone from Christian family, perhaps one giving to prayer and fasting often, won't her roommate's habitual nudity be stumbling block to her prayer life yet folks like you is talking down on her for speaking up against a weird habit.
Shame on you

You can't compare smoking and nudity. So, coming from a Christian family is equal to being a judge or bigot?

Your room mate's nudity can NEVER interfere with your prayerlife, except you are a same-sex advocate.

I'm married. I pray at midnight, my wife's nudity does not cause issues, so rest.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Lari03r(m): 4:38pm On May 23, 2022
Bobmarie:
Keep accepting things that make you uncomfortable in the name of friendship. You left the roommate that acts like she’s living in a school hostel and called the complainant crude? I think you should look up the meaning of the word.

What is so crude about wanting the next person to cover the Bleep up? These are sound like women not small kids in high school or university. What if she is overweight and has green varicose veins?

Smh.

A woman should be comfortable in her body or with other women's bodies.

It is called TOLERANCE. And it is advocated in the Bible.

The roommate is naked in the bedroom and not outside the room.

If she's pretty or deformed, that's not part of the conversation.

The point is, someone gave you the opportunity to share a room and split rents, shielding you from incessant rambling on social media & sleeping in open places like an orphan, and you get upset that the person is open and down to earth?

Really?

And then, bringing the issue to social media to rant about her choice to sleep nude?

But only doing so, after she tried to imitate the person but she couldn't keep up because it isn't her nature, yet she wants to vilify the nudist.

If this isn't clout chasing then it's the beginning of a mild form of schizophrenia, hence my reference to a crude mind.

And you, taking her side and spewing all sorts of stuff without considering the context... I have no words to describe you, that you haven't already heard from people around you.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by jimyjames(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2022
Lari03r:

That's you. Other people don't mind because the person is a nudist and not a sexual predator.

I grew up with senior men and they didn't act like sissies neither did they make jokes about things like this.
I get irritated seeing another mans unclothedness, I get irritated perceiving another man's body odour
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Sion47: 11:40am On May 24, 2022
Lari03r:

You can't compare smoking and nudity. So, coming from a Christian family is equal to being a judge or bigot?

Your room mate's nudity can NEVER interfere with your prayerlife, except you are a same-sex advocate.

I'm married. I pray at midnight, my wife's nudity does not cause issues, so rest.

That's ur wife not roommate in school
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Slimsly100(f): 11:33am On May 27, 2022
Ah!! I just remembered me and my roomie back then in school. Who cloth help? Immediately we get back from classes, voom!! Clothes off. Before anyone enter our room he/she must knock o to avoid vawulence from 2 both of us cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Lazywriter44(f): 12:44pm On May 27, 2022
Please does anyone have am apartment and needs a room mate for the rest of the year
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Channah1(f): 12:56pm On May 27, 2022
Lazywriter44:
Please does anyone have am apartment and needs a room mate for the rest of the year

Which area are you looking at?
Location?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Lazywriter44(f): 10:18am On Feb 23, 2023
Hi , towards Yaba

But what I need now is a shared apartment (co flate mate thingy

Channah1:

Which area are you looking at?
Location?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by sacajawea: 10:45am On May 13, 2023
SensualMan:
You complain a lot u this boy. U were better off in the uncompleted building u were living before, however if its not too late I have an uncompleted building if u don't mind living there cos its very spacious, befitting of ur status.
How will a Person live here, no roof at all?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Behold, The Controversial Most Expensive Building In Abuja / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows / I Cried When I Entered The Houses Of Billionaires In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.