Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. (4769 Views)

Wife Catches Her Husband Cheating, Throws Out His Belongings / My Wife Mother Packed Her Loads Out Of My House / Why President Buhari's First Wife Packed Out Of His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Zonefree(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2022
You're not even supposed to allow her enter your house again until you resolved the issue of her philandering attitude.

Since she packed her load out of your house, allow her to stay there with her parents for now. Her kins will support her that's why they're tricking you to come and get her back. That's pure manipulations, never fall for that.

Maintain your stand that you're not ready for her to come back. Her parents are already tired of her staying with them, hence they now resort to manipulating you to come and pick her. Be wise, show them you're a true African son. Let them keep their daughter for now until they resolve their daughter's bad characters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Prayfortheworld: 10:28pm On May 20, 2022
Seems like you're petting this wife of yours. She might be your end if you don't man up .. she parked out without your notice and now she wants you to come get her. Imagine the guts. And you're still talking things out with her.chairman give that woman ultimatum tell her if she doesn't come back that whenever she sees you at their place let her know you're their to collect the bride price

9 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by chenzy12(m): 10:50pm On May 20, 2022
what does it cost her to move in? Besides she left without you helping her. i think that is logical,except you want to do it for love only. May God fix your home.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by McDuncan: 10:58pm On May 20, 2022
PeerHub:

Hmmmm.

Both parents want us to resolve, I keep saying I didn't send her packing, when she feels dim she can come.

I'm not not comfortable with the part where I should be the one to go bring her luggages back to the house.

This is why I've come to ask if that's not foolishness.

If I do go, what could be the possible consequences.

There's more at stake here than your ego. Fact is, she's proud and simply doesn't know her place. Neither has she learnt her lessons. All the tendencies point she'd do it again.

As a man, it is your duty and charge to set a standard. With every of your decision (action or inaction) you do set standards and she picks them up and make judgement about your person. And this judgement is what lead to her frivolous stand of you coming to pick her up as a condition for her coming back.

It's time to set a new standard, one that will earn you back you respect as a man and provider.

Whenever she's ready, whenever she misses you bad enough, she should find her way home.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by SeniorGee(m): 11:10pm On May 20, 2022
I see an opportunity for you do set all records straight in your house. When she left did her parents call you that your wife was with them?
Call your own people and inform them. Don't call anyone from her family again.
Just tell her if she and her family don't come to settle within a specified period you will get another wife.
Try to involve your own family too.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by PeerHub(m): 11:21pm On May 20, 2022
SeniorGee:
I see an opportunity for you do set all records straight in your house. When she left did her parents call you that your wife was with them?
Call your own people and inform them. Don't call anyone from her family again.
Just tell her if she and her family don't come to settle within a specified period you will get another wife.
Try to involve your own family too.

I did call the mother after two weeks she left, what she told me was I never reported to her, I was shocked and later explained what has been happening in our home over the phone.

Later that day in the evening, the mom called that the dad wants to see me which I didn't honour the requested.

PS: I am in Oyo State, my parent also lives in Oyo. Hers are in Akure but separated.

I didn't send her packing, even if I did on the contrary I think the safest place for her to head to is my parents or siblings who are living on their own.

After she left she expects that my own people call her to ask what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by PeerHub(m): 11:25pm On May 20, 2022
Guys... I took time again tonight to call her that I won't be coming to pack her things back to house but I can afford sending her money for transportation. What she said to my face was "if I can't come, then I should leave it be"

My concern is the wellbeing of my one year old son she has with her....

This boy needs to be taken care of.. I do not want him to be exposed to another phase of life this early.

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On May 21, 2022
Baba40:
You are wrong bro... Mine did 4 different times, the last was the final
So you are divorced? undecided
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by seanwilliam(m): 2:59am On May 21, 2022
PeerHub:
Guys... I took time again tonight to call her that I won't be coming to pack her things back to house but I can afford sending her money for transportation. What she said to my face was "if I can't come, then I should leave it be"

This boy needs to be taken care of.. I do not want him to be exposed to another phase of life this early.

You will regret going to pick her up .

Trust me your son will be fine.

She has ego, and I’m good at bursting that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by ifko: 4:00am On May 21, 2022
Don't listen to childish advice, go and get your wife and continue your life

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Fiscus105(m): 4:19am On May 21, 2022
JRichards:

100% So. Yes

If you rely on advice here, you'll get it wrong.

She has already figured the part she got wrong in your issues so you don't need to overflog it or play the ego card by saying, you left yourself, return. She wants to be needed and as such, you're almost re-proposing to her. Hence you need to reach out, while she meets you mid way

Any other counsel about from this counsel here is to scatter your marriage patapata. The choice is yours. I have spoken

And you dnt think ur advise is a foolish one? Did you ask OP who drove her to her parent's place? .........Wife ran away, it's duty of husband to go out and carry her back.

Abi you misinterpreted Op, thinking his wife travelled with husband consent?

The person that drove her to her parent house should be the one to drive her back Jare', she should even thank God that she married good husband that still take her back after rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Fiscus105(m): 4:22am On May 21, 2022
PeerHub:

You are not in charge of ur home, what a pity!
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by sweetman2022: 4:25am On May 21, 2022
Different things for different folks. What I have gathered in everything you have typed is that your wife has no regrets over her actions. She still feels justified for moving out without your consent.
And you seem to be a soft man, that's why she has the effontry to call you to come and back her belongings back despite she voluntarily packed it out herself. Your son will be fine, no need to worry about that.
You need to earn your respect back by letting her know that she moved out herself and she needs to move in herself.
In fact let her know that if she doesn't move in within the speculated time, she should move on without you and you will do the same.
As far as no physical abuse in a home, husband and wife must learn to resolve issues like matured adults which is what one of you lack.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Richy4(m): 4:38am On May 21, 2022
PeerHub:

She is not ready for reconciliation yet. Whoever that is beating that drum that she's dancing to at the moment, is setting her up for an exhaustive aftermath...

Let her be for now.. Don't call again except if it's something that has to do with your kid.. When she is ready, she will give you a call that she's coming.... Agree that u will accept her into the house on the condition that u have a heart to heart conversation on what was going on in your relationship...

Make out time for a visit ( best time should be on a weekend) Book a hotel in where you will stay in her home town, both of u should talk on a neutral ground where no member of her family or yours will be involved. .. ..Let her meet you there.. it's a sign that she is willing to take a step.. don't go to where she is staying..

Tell her about how her attitude and behaviour was making you feel in that relationship... Let her also tell you what she doesn't like about how u behaves towards her. After the discussion, u can go with her to see your son..

The heart to heart conversation is really important because as she is coming in and stepping her foot in to the house, both of you will be starting on a clean slate...old things cleaned up and dusted away...
As for your child, don't worry.. your kid will be fine..

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Beermoney1: 6:02am On May 21, 2022
You are asking for marital advise from boys that are not married. Go and get your wife if you want your marriage to continue. It's your family not your kinsmen or nairaland. Fix your home, fight for your marriage to work.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by DesChyko: 6:13am On May 21, 2022
You need to be very careful how you approach this.

If she left by herself, she should come back by herself. Only then you can be sure she knows she is better off with you than in her father's house.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Carcholce: 6:58am On May 21, 2022
Beermoney1:
You are asking for marital advise from boys that are not married. Go and get your wife if you want your marriage to continue. It's your family not your kinsmen or nairaland. Fix your home, fight for your marriage to work.

So the woman that packed out by herself doesn’t want the marriage to work?
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Owologbo(m): 7:03am On May 21, 2022
JRichards:

100% So. Yes

She has already figured the part she got wrong in your issues so you don't need to overflog it or play the ego card by saying, you left yourself, return. She wants to be needed and as such, you're almost re-proposing to her. Hence you need to reach out, while she meets you mid way

Any other counsel about from this counsel here is to scatter your marriage patapata. The choice is yours. I have spoken
If she packed her her things and left the husband's house by herself, she should be able to come back by herself if they have settled whatever led to her moving out the first place.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Blue86(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2022
Sir, don't listen to the other person that said you should help her pack. Let her move her things herself with her money into the house. Sometimes people need to go through the brunt of what they have done, that they may learn. She is still in charge by telling you to come and pack. I pray you listen to this, that you may be a man . Your foot on the ground. And your yes a yes. Even if she begs, accept it,
And let her still pack in. When she is almost done, then help.
PeerHub:

Hmmmmm.

I don't have issues with her coming back, where I have issues with is me been the one to come bring her belongings back to the house.

She's this nagging type, she someone who wants you to please her 100% even when she know you're not equal to fulfilling it.

She's someone who chooses other people apartment to hers, even when I've told her I don't like her sitting or doing anything in others people's home.

When I'm busy with work on my phone, that's when she wants to have a conversation.

She's someone who will not do anything for you until when she pleases.

There's alot of things she's doing which I talked out with her but she's not ready to heed.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Kreddy: 8:17am On May 21, 2022
PeerHub:

The funny thing is I gave her money about a ₦100k to start something with, gave the fund to sisters husband to keep.

I don't want to go deep with this money matter.

Still gave her some money to start selling foodstuffs at home, make subscription available every month still she won't stay in the house.

Don't let nairalanders hear this.. your mumuism is in the moon

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:38am On May 21, 2022
JRichards:

100% So. Yes

Unfortunately, some of these people issuing out yeye advice here are kids that are yet to marry.

I hope you are not in that category?
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by JRichards: 9:16am On May 21, 2022
Fiscus105:

And you dnt think ur advise is not a foolish one? Did you ask OP who drove her to her parent's place? .........Wife ran away, it's duty of husband to go out and carry her back.

Abi you misinterpreted Op, thinking his wife travelled with husband consent?

The person that drove her to her parent house should be the one to drive her back Jare', she should even thank God that she married good husband that still take her back after rubbish.

Nothing kills a marriage faster than ego, nothing restores a broken marriage better than forebearance

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by JRichards: 9:16am On May 21, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Unfortunately, some of these people issuing out yeye advice here are kids that are yet to marry.

Work out the maths
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Amb1045(m): 9:27am On May 21, 2022
Oga this is your family, you don't complain about someone daughter on phone. Go to there house and complain to her both parents of what she did and what caused her packing out then you pick your wife and come back don't let useless ego destroy your family and don't let redpillers kids to destroy your happiness. Your wife is still not matured but with time she will get there. Go and pick your family before other boys beginning dee nack your wife. Women are kids
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Fiscus105(m): 9:29am On May 21, 2022
JRichards:

Nothing kills a marriage faster than ego, nothing restores a broken marriage better than forebearance

Better that u understand that ego kills marriage faster than thunder.

I think you should have directed ur above sermon towards wife rather than husband, if wife ego not brushes and pulls down now, her ego would kill her husband even before it kills marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Fiscus105(m): 9:36am On May 21, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Are you married? Is ur wife head in ur home? Is she the one controlling you or the other way round?

If she is the one controlling you, I wish you well in your journey of marriage slavery
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by TheWolfen(m): 9:40am On May 21, 2022
PeerHub:
Hello There ��
I'd like you guys to help me on this... My wife packed her belongings from the house exactly a month today. Now she wants me to come bring her belongings back to the house from her parents.

As a man, is this right?

No, you can't just opt out and think you can have you way back easily. Have you ask her where she have been and other men she might have been with?
Why did she left your house. Did she give any reason/reasons for that?
Do you guys usually fight or have arguments?

Something just doest seams right or perhaps you need to provide more information
You must be extra careful. Do you guys have kids?
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by dobnina(f): 10:28am On May 21, 2022
PeerHub:
Hello There ��
I'd like you guys to help me on this... My wife packed her belongings from the house exactly a month today. Now she wants me to come bring her belongings back to the house from her parents.

As a man, is this right?

OP, are you sure you are the man in your house? Well, I don't think so and that's why your wife is taking you for granted.
You need to start acting like a man and take charge of your home.
I am a lady and I understand the game your wife is playing.
Trust me, if you go and pick her and her load, your life will be hell after because she will remind you everyday that you are the one who begged her to come back.
She hasn't changed and she will be worse.
She wants you to come and help her pack her stuffs so she can brag to everybody that you are the one begging her.

This is an opportunity for you to set things straight and make things right.
Stand your ground. Tell her to come back the same way she left. Ignore her and focus on improving yourself.
When she has realized that there is nothing outside, trust me, she will come back begging.
Then you will have a good chance to sit her down, discuss and set the rules.

OP, nothing bad will happen to your son. She will find a way to take care of him. But for your own sanity and peace of mind, you need to make her realise it takes two to make the marriage work and leave Ego aside.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by Acme45: 10:44am On May 21, 2022
PeerHub:

I did call the mother after two weeks she left, what she told me was I never reported to her, I was shocked and later explained what has been happening in our home over the phone.

Later that day in the evening, the mom called that the dad wants to see me which I didn't honour the requested.

PS: I am in Oyo State, my parent also lives in Oyo. Hers are in Akure but separated.

I didn't send her packing, even if I did on the contrary I think the safest place for her to head to is my parents or siblings who are living on their own.

After she left she expects that my own people call her to ask what happened.

since her parents are separated so what do you expect from their daughter? Look well to make sure both parents are still together before you marry their daughter. This is the mistake most of us makes today. Do you expect something different from Her?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by SWATMan: 10:49am On May 21, 2022
JRichards:

100% So. Yes

Balderdash!
I guess you are not a married man. This is the worst advice I have seen so far on this topic. You don't seem to understand that if a woman packs her things out from your house because of any issue devoid of threat to her life then she has humiliated you. It is different when it's you that sent her packing and in that case, you are bound to do as she and her family wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by oneolajire(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2022
Danibonk:
As a Yoruba man if your wife dare pack her things out by herself if she want to pack in her parents will come and beg for her to come back. She will beg with her two knees on the ground

Your head correct
Re: Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. by JRichards: 11:03am On May 21, 2022
SWATMan:

Balderdash!
I guess you are not a married man. This is the worst advice I have seen so far on this topic. You don't seem to understand that if a woman packs her things out from your house because of any issue devoid of threat to her life then she has humiliated you. It is different when it's you that sent her packing and in that case, you are bound to do as she and her family wishes.

And the cycle continues. You know nothing. I rather divorce than endure that. Mr. Married man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why People Lose Respect In Marriage/relationship / Managing Children And Getting The Chores Done / My Pastor Husband Marries A Second Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.