Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! (34597 Views)

‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) / Kenneth Amukamara: Imo Youth Leader Assassinated, House Burnt, Cars Vandalised / I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by baretalk: 11:25am On May 21, 2022
A thief's luck eventually runs out...it's a pitiful life being a burgler or robber.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by LadyTara(f): 11:27am On May 21, 2022
Elsueno:

All d more reason you should report him, criminals get free food in jail
This comment grin grin cheesy ,so true

2 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Acidbath: 11:29am On May 21, 2022
E be like say the op don steal before.

Mr compassionate.

Tell us this same thing when thief enter your room.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by kernniejay(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2022
Favaman:
I was having a discussion with my hostel mate at the top roof of the building, when we noticed a dude hopping to a hideout.

Initially, we thought he was being chased by some bad bois, then I noticed this dude kept running out from a particular point to the hideout anytime a vehicle or any human figure appears.

The kiosk is along the road, my guy was insisting that he was being chased, giving me a lot of points to ascertain his claim. I was like no if a person is being chased, there is no way the person will keep going to a particular place and later come out and go to the same place he ran from, obviously this dude is a thief!! Trying to steal. The time was between 12:05-12:58.

Few minutes later, this thief came out with some stuff from the kiosk's direction to the same hideout. He dropped it and move back to the kiosk direction. We couldn't see how he was taking this things out because, our view from the roof top to the kiosk is obstructed by some elements of a building and we were abit far from the point where he was doing this.

We were watching until something happened, this dude came back to the hideout, eating some stuff and he was having something with him like a bread or something. He sat down and he was eating from his loot.

As he was doing so, it was as if his luck was about to run out, a patrol of two vigilantees, came around and was flashing their torches around the place.

There were two things that would've happened.

1. If they(vigilantes) enter the street where the hideout of the dude is, they would've caught him.
2. If he(thief) had seen them, he would've ran and be shot dead.

On the other side, me and my guy was watching and we were contemplating if we should raise an alarm, we reasoned it. If we do now, the dude will try to run, thereby he will be shot, these vigilantees are absolutely merciless.

Beside dude was like he had not eating for days, as he was stealing, he was eating. I had a pity on him. I am very sure he is a student.

These vigilantees instincts was actually telling them something but they were too lazy or should I say they don't really care to go and check out the street opposite them, they were just flashing the torchlights all over the place but was reluctant to check out the place. They left and kept moving forward to the next junction. Leaving the thief to complete his mission.

After few minutes on the dinner, he got up and pack the other loots in a bag and took off.
All this happened within 1hr(12:05-58)

I was like "did I just do this"? How did I allow a thief to go scot free.?

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I can't stand someone being killed because I raised and alarm over stealing.. Many things might have been for the thief though, maybe he has not eaten for days, I don't know but I pray one day he will be caught.. If he still repeat it again in my presence, I won't hesitate to call the vigilantes on him.

I feel sorry for the shop owner.. Tomorrow I believe someone is going to wail and curse the thief..

I am looking out to watch what gonna happen tomorrow morning.

Do you know something called Law of retribution, or Karma? One day later in your life, a thief will steal from your shop or office or company or even rob you of your property or car, and somebody will quietly observe without helping you.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by phemmyfour: 11:34am On May 21, 2022
Favaman:
I was having a discussion with my hostel mate at the top roof of the building, when we noticed a dude hopping to a hideout.

Initially, we thought he was being chased by some bad bois, then I noticed this dude kept running out from a particular point to the hideout anytime a vehicle or any human figure appears.

The kiosk is along the road, my guy was insisting that he was being chased, giving me a lot of points to ascertain his claim. I was like no if a person is being chased, there is no way the person will keep going to a particular place and later come out and go to the same place he ran from, obviously this dude is a thief!! Trying to steal. The time was between 12:05-12:58.

Few minutes later, this thief came out with some stuff from the kiosk's direction to the same hideout. He dropped it and move back to the kiosk direction. We couldn't see how he was taking this things out because, our view from the roof top to the kiosk is obstructed by some elements of a building and we were abit far from the point where he was doing this.

We were watching until something happened, this dude came back to the hideout, eating some stuff and he was having something with him like a bread or something. He sat down and he was eating from his loot.

As he was doing so, it was as if his luck was about to run out, a patrol of two vigilantees, came around and was flashing their torches around the place.

1. If they(vigilantes) enter the street where the hideout of the dude is, they would've caught him.

On the other side, me and my guy was watching and we were contemplating if we should raise an alarm, we reasoned it. If we do now, the dude will try to run, thereby he will be shot, these vigilantees are absolutely merciless.

Beside dude was like he had not eating for days, as he was stealing, he was eating. I had a pity on him. I am very sure he is a student.

These vigilantees instincts was actually telling them something but they were too lazy or should I say they don't really care to go and check out the street opposite them, they were just flashing the torchlights all over the place but was reluctant to check out the place. They left and kept moving forward to the next junction. Leaving the thief to complete his mission.

After few minutes on the dinner, he got up and pack the other loots in a bag and took off.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I can't stand someone being killed because I raised and alarm over stealing.. Many things might have been for the thief though, maybe he has not eaten for days, I don't know but I pray one day he will be caught.. If he still repeat it again in my presence, I won't hesitate to call the vigilantes on him.

I feel sorry for the shop owner.. Tomorrow I believe someone is going to wail and curse the thief..

Evil prevails when the righteous do nothing. This is how people will watch you and choose not to act when you are being robbed of your properties/possession.

That the man might be killed is a flimsy excuse cos you can't predict the future...Karma awaits you

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by IncredibleWrite: 11:38am On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

You are very stupid for trying to rationalize stealing under any guise. What about the kiosk owner? You didn't think about that person? Who chose not to steal, but to hustle legit in this hard business clime.

Do you know if the money used in running the business is a loan? What about the children or beneficiaries of the said person?

I pray you or anyone close to you become victims someday and I hope you react same way too.

You Nigerians are the problem of this country, not the leaders. Because you all even elect them for a start.

Spits

2 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by lightO99: 11:38am On May 21, 2022
Blacklion3:
I want you to know that if that guy was a chronic thief and wasn't in a dire need, he would have been seen, caught and shot dead.

Life has a way of giving us a chance to take illegitimate risk to aid survival (which we ought not to repeat the act)

If you observed, all the event that played out during that time-frame might have seem like it has once happened or you have seen it happen even before it took place. It's explained as Dejavu. Life wants you to learn a lesson. I hope you get it.
true
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by twilliamx(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

How you take see person in dense darkness... You be super man
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by DamianX: 11:42am On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

Bro, initially I wanted to call or scared him away but, you have to see how this guy was doing this, he was stealing and eating!!

Like who does that? I feel he had not eaten for quite sometime.

Guy shut up abeg.
For him to be stealing and be eating means he is an expert and has been doing this for a long time. Imagine how the show owner will feel about it. Imagine stealing and eating another person's sweat.

What happened to asking others for help or getting a job abi people wey Dy beg for road he better pass them?.
You might be a criminal too.

You should have made a noise for him to know he has been seen or look for a stone and throw at his direction to disorient him.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by KingMack(m): 11:48am On May 21, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I am sure you are a Yoruba guy. Na yoruba dey fear like this

Honestly I thought so too...I remembered that year when satellite cable dey rain Naso I wake up go piss for night I jam wan thief dey loose the satellite cable Naso I used St.Remy bottle stone the guy the guy shout con put head because him no know where bottle from fly hit I'm back grin
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Originalsly: 11:48am On May 21, 2022
I don't get it.... this mind set of excusing a thief because of hunger in the land/poverty. if he were that hungry..... why not beg some food during the day? Why wait until midnight to read into someone's business? Isn't the shop owner too facing hunger and poverty? ... or is it because he owns a business he is rich? If the guy was that hungry.... why was he making so many trips to fetch and stash stuff? The guy is a thief ... no question about it. Doesn't he know vigilantes patrol the area? ... and they will not hesitate to kill a thief? But yet he is determined to be a thief. When the shop owner finds the shop was broken into .... stuff missing including foodstuff.... and the vigilantes were on patrol.... why wouldn't he not accuse the vigilantes of being the ones? The very thief maybe is the one who caused the need for vigilantes... and now the vigilantes may be no more and the thief now can feel free to move from shops to homes.... maybe your home... then what? ... would you expect someone to raise the alarm?... or just watch because the thief may be hungry? Doing nothing about crime encourages crime.... and we wonder why sooo many are into bandits. You should've raised an alarm.... what happens to him is none of your business... it's simply consequences.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by KingMack(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2022
Op so for say Na your mama shop..you go leave am mk e steal because e dey hungry To slap you jus dey hungry me I swear undecided

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by oluxy(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

Someway, somehow it may happen to you to, and people will keep mute thinking the same way you did when you saw it happening.

You said maybe the thief is hungry, what about if the shop owner got the goods on credits ND loan to? Have you consider what will happen to her or him?

Do you know how many people and children that kios is feeding?

I think you acted as an accomplice. May the Lord forgive you when you repent.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Henz81: 12:00pm On May 21, 2022
Blacklion3:
I want you to know that if that guy was a chronic thief and wasn't in a dire need, he would have been seen, caught and shot dead.

Life has a way of giving us a chance to take illegitimate risk to aid survival (which we ought not to repeat the act)

If you observed, all the event that played out during that time-frame might have seem like it has once happened or you have seen it happen even before it took place. It's explained as Dejavu. Life wants you to learn a lesson. I hope you get it.
You couldn't confront the Thief because you are scared.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by GreatJesus(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2022
Do you think someone can take such risk because of hunger?
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 21, 2022
You just committed a crime indirectly by omission and you also aided and abetted by letting him steal till he was satisfied. Crime is crime. That's why there are laws.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Jaqenhghar: 12:47pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

My question is other people that are hungry and refuse to steal, are they fools?
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Psady(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2022
NAIRALAND, A forum filled the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Alvino1(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2022
Dear OP, im sure if the looted shop belonged to you or any of your relatives, you would have raised an alarm... let me tell you a short story... a young man angrily left the office of his boss because his boss failed to pay him the exact amount they agreed on as his wage, just as he was about to step out of his office building, he saw his boss chasing after another young man screaming thief! thief!! thief!!! immediately he knew the other young man his boss was chasing after just robbed his boss, but because he wasn't happy about the outcome of his boss's transactions with him, he deliberately let the other young man run pass him and escaped. wow.... I'm sure at this point he may be feeling like it's a perfect way to get back at his boss for his cruelty, or maybe he thought the young man was hungry or he wouldn't want the young man to be mobbed or handed over to the police.... but guess what few blocks to his house, he saw a huge crowd with someone lying lifeless on the ground, each step he took closer towards the crowd, the more familiar the lifeless body on the ground became to him... as he got close enough to properly identify who the lifeless man was, he realised that the lifeless body was actually that of his uncle, he was just robbed and shot dead by the same guy he deliberately let escape at his boss's office.... in conclusion O.P this life isn't one sided and so are our thoughts not expected to be one sided.... Hunger may and may not be the reasons behind the actions of the guy u saw stealing, stealing from that kiosk won't do justice to the owner of the business... waiting until you hear or catch him stealing again before reporting, isn't the best approach cos he might take someone's life the next time he does that and believe me, u would wish u had reported him the previous time... learn to take actions when necessary, it's better to leave with the memories of bad occuraneces that came up as a result of your good deeds, than leaving with the memories of the bad occurerances that came up as a result of your failure to act.. the regrets in the latter is top-notch.... Believe that...
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:06pm On May 21, 2022
oluxy:

Someway, somehow it may happen to you to, and people will keep mute thinking the same way you did when you saw it happening.

You said maybe the thief is hungry, what about if the shop owner got the goods on credits ND loan to? Have you consider what will happen to her or him?

Do you know how many people and children that kios is feeding?

I think you acted as an accomplice. May the Lord forgive you when you repent.

All these you said do not move me because there were points in my life, where I was so good to people, I had a problem with my boss and I seek for help from people to help me talk to my boss to pay me, everyone ignored me and let the matter slide and I lost at the end. My wicked boss got away with it. So threatening me with karma won't move me. I have been treated badly when I have done no person wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by AmazingELixir: 1:06pm On May 21, 2022
[[s]quote author=Teddy96 post=113025241]I believe the guy was just hungry and couldn't find anything to eat. . Reason why he steal. . Buh honestly what he stole didnt what to be taken his life away if you had raised alarm. .

I felt pity for the thief. . Buh u too tried. . What you did was the best. . Had i been u met a heartless person speaking something in a shop and you went and raise alarm. . Tbh that thief will deny u. . And accuss u back. . Some thief are smart. . Reason why i overlook them. .
[/s]
U tried by protecting him and protecting ursekf aswell.
cry[/quote]

Nonsense, which smart person steals...
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2022
DamianX:

Guy shut up abeg.
For him to be stealing and be eating means he is an expert and has been doing this for a long time. Imagine how the show owner will feel about it. Imagine stealing and eating another person's sweat.

What happened to asking others for help or getting a job abi people wey Dy beg for road he better pass them?.
You might be a criminal too.

You should have made a noise for him to know he has been seen or look for a stone and throw at his direction to disorient him.

What have you done to all these politicians that are stealing millions?

You want to burn someone who stole bread?
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Saintofmelody74(m): 1:13pm On May 21, 2022
Una been dey smoke abi kiss
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2022
IncredibleWrite:
You are very stupid for trying to rationalize stealing under any guise. What about the kiosk owner? You didn't think about that person? Who chose not to steal, but to hustle legit in this hard business clime.

Do you know if the money used in running the business is a loan? What about the children or beneficiaries of the said person?

I pray you or anyone close to you become victims someday and I hope you react same way too.

You Nigerians are the problem of this country, not the leaders. Because you all even elect them for a start.

Spits

We are quick to catch and lynch petty thieves but you haven't done anything concerning your politicians who steal millions everyday.

If Karma happened to me, I won't moan. I will accept it like that.

Even when I was so good to people, I was taken for granted, cheated on and they got away from it, nobody intervened for me. All the people that laughs with me, watched as the wicked boss, go away with my money!!! I plea with them to help me, none came to me, all they did was watch!!!

You will feel happy seeing a petty thieves got lynched while the big thieves roll and cruise in big cars.

A shop can be replaced but a life won't be.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Tzar(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2022
You are an accomplice to the crime!
So you are such a weak link to the security chain in your area that you don’t have an emergency nbr to call or take a video for evidence. You should be arrested for being a security idiot!
You should learn from this. If you are being robbed, you will be there like a lame duck with nobody to call for help!
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Lekan239(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

you know you can be charged as an accomplice
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2022
Lekan239:
you know you can be charged as an accomplice

embarassed embarassed
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Slurity(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

You are heartless to think about a thief safety and not think about the owner of the shop that probably stock the items on loan. I feel like slapping you with this your senseless write-up
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Slurity(m): 1:32pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

Honestly You are a fool.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:32pm On May 21, 2022
Slurity:
You are heartless to think about a thief safety and not think about the owner of the shop that probably stock the items on loan. I feel like slapping you with this your senseless write-up

Sorry for that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Boy Flogs A Masquerade That Assaulted Him In Calabar / EFCC Arrests 18 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ogun / Notorious Armed Robber, Mahmud Ibrahim, Arrested In Kano (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.