Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! (34599 Views)

‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) / Kenneth Amukamara: Imo Youth Leader Assassinated, House Burnt, Cars Vandalised / I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by sinkhole: 1:33pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

We are quick to catch and lynch petty thieves but you haven't done anything concerning your politicians who steal millions everyday.

If Karma happened to me, I won't moan. I will accept it like that.

Even when I was so good to people, I was taken for granted, cheated on and they got away from it, nobody intervened for me. All the people that laughs with me, watched as the wicked boss, go away with my money!!! I plea with them to help me, none came to me, all they did was watch!!!

You will feel happy seeing a petty thieves got lynched while the big thieves roll and cruise in big cars.

A shop can be replaced but a life won't be.
Bros, leave people alone!
You gave us part 1, the part of the thief in the night. Now, the day has since broken, can you please give us the part of the owner of the shop?
How did the shop owner take the break-in to his/her shop?
Please, update us
Thanks
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2022
Slurity:
Honestly You are a fool.

Dude how many times you go quote me!!
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2022
sinkhole:
Bros, leave people alone!
You gave us part 1, the part of the thief in the night. Now, the day has since broken, can you please give us the part of the owner of the shop?
How did the shop owner take the break-in to his/her shop?
Please, update us
Thanks

The owner has not opened and I think what the thief stole was not much, maybe a just what he will this morning because when I saw him taking off, he had a little bag, maybe for breakfast.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by IncredibleWrite: 1:44pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

We are quick to catch and lynch petty thieves but you haven't done anything concerning your politicians who steal millions everyday.

If Karma happened to me, I won't moan. I will accept it like that.

Even when I was so good to people, I was taken for granted, cheated on and they got away from it, nobody intervened for me. All the people that laughs with me, watched as the wicked boss, go away with my money!!! I plea with them to help me, none came to me, all they did was watch!!!

You will feel happy seeing a petty thieves got lynched while the big thieves roll and cruise in big cars.

A shop can be replaced but a life won't be.
Brother, I feel you. I've seen worse in the hands of humans. But that will NEVER make me justify stealing under any guise. That politicians are looting doesn't make it right to steal from your fellow Nigerian who's trying to survive. What is bad, is bad. The economy is rough for everyone and not for the thief alone. If you run a business you should understand how things have degenerated.

Going by your thoughts, we all are justified to steal...
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2022
IncredibleWrite:
Brother, I feel you. I've seen worse in the hands of humans. But that will NEVER make me justify stealing under any guise. That politicians are looting doesn't make it right to steal from your fellow Nigerian who's trying to survive. What is bad, is bad. The economy is rough for everyone and not for the thief alone. If you run a business you should understand how things have degenerated.

Going by your thoughts, we all are justified to steal...

I am not justifying stealing, all I am saying is that nobody should judge on something they too can be guilty of.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:
I was having a discussion with my hostel mate at the top roof of the building, when we noticed a dude hopping to a hideout.

Initially, we thought he was being chased by some bad bois, then I noticed this dude kept running out from a particular point to the hideout anytime a vehicle or any human figure appears.

The kiosk is along the road, my guy was insisting that he was being chased, giving me a lot of points to ascertain his claim. I was like no if a person is being chased, there is no way the person will keep going to a particular place and later come out and go to the same place he ran from, obviously this dude is a thief!! Trying to steal. The time was between 12:05-12:58.

Few minutes later, this thief came out with some stuff from the kiosk's direction to the same hideout. He dropped it and move back to the kiosk direction. We couldn't see how he was taking this things out because, our view from the roof top to the kiosk is obstructed by some elements of a building and we were abit far from the point where he was doing this.

We were watching until something happened, this dude came back to the hideout, eating some stuff and he was having something with him like a bread or something. He sat down and he was eating from his loot.

As he was doing so, it was as if his luck was about to run out, a patrol of two vigilantees, came around and was flashing their torches around the place.

There were two things that would've happened.

1. If they(vigilantes) enter the street where the hideout of the dude is, they would've caught him.
2. If he(thief) had seen them, he would've ran and be shot dead.

On the other side, me and my guy was watching and we were contemplating if we should raise an alarm, we reasoned it. If we do now, the dude will try to run, thereby he will be shot, these vigilantees are absolutely merciless.

Beside dude was like he had not eating for days, as he was stealing, he was eating. I had a pity on him. I am very sure he is a student.

These vigilantees instincts was actually telling them something but they were too lazy or should I say they don't really care to go and check out the street opposite them, they were just flashing the torchlights all over the place but was reluctant to check out the place. They left and kept moving forward to the next junction. Leaving the thief to complete his mission.

After few minutes on the dinner, he got up and pack the other loots in a bag and took off.
All this happened within 1hr(12:05-58)

I was like "did I just do this"? How did I allow a thief to go scot free.?

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I can't stand someone being killed because I raised and alarm over stealing.. Many things might have been for the thief though, maybe he has not eaten for days, I don't know but I pray one day he will be caught.. If he still repeat it again in my presence, I won't hesitate to call the vigilantes on him.

I feel sorry for the shop owner.. Tomorrow I believe someone is going to wail and curse the thief..

I am looking out to watch what gonna happen tomorrow morning.

You are very insensible
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by emmabest2000(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:
Modified:

Those of you down there criticizing, cursing and laying all manners of karma on me, let me let you know that people have watched me being cheated, everyone mind their business and at the end I lost and my boss got away with it.

People that I thought would intervened for me and help me talk to the man all kept mute and watch everything go just like that..
That scenario played a mark in my life, it taught me that you are alone in this world if you are too good to people.. Everytime I remember the event, I weep.

So calling me wicked and laying karma on me because I let a petty thief live won't move my conscience because even when I was too good to people karma has already been playing on me.

You should have throw something toward the area just to let him know that someone somewhere is watching him , not necessarily calling attention of the vigilante to him

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by TimeArena(f): 2:01pm On May 21, 2022
Have you been looking for the perfect gift to give to that special man in your life? He could be your Husband, Father, Brother, Boss, or even a Friend.

Check out this cute leather strap Timepiece.

Price: 25k, only.
It comes fully boxed.

Nationwide doorstep delivery is available.

To order, call or WhatsApp

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 2:09pm On May 21, 2022
emmabest2000:

You should have throw something toward the area just to let him know that someone somewhere is watching him , not necessarily calling attention of the vigilante to him

Before we concluded he was a thief, he was already feasting on the loot. The dude with me was claiming, the thief was being chased by bad bois, so, we weren't certain then, it was when he went out to pick another pack, we confirmed he was stealing, immediately he sat to eat again, it was at that point, the patrolling vigilantes came, I was expecting the vigilantes to enter the street but they were just standing looking around. Me and my neighbor, thought to alarm the vigilantes but the risk of someone being killed for a mere bread was glaring because the dude is ready to run and if you are out running vigilantes, you are probably gonna get shot and this vigilantes are just two old men, I don't believe they will catch the dude if they decide to chase. Their only option is to shoot.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by darichlife: 2:33pm On May 21, 2022
You said this was in the night and you could as well see this thief movement. If you pick a stone or bottle wil it get to him? That would ve been my next line of action.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Sermwell(m): 2:42pm On May 21, 2022
PROPHETmichael:
In the law court, you will be seen as an accomplice or an accessory.
Please say what you know!
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:58pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:
Modified:

Those of you down there criticizing, cursing and laying all manners of karma on me, let me let you know that people have watched me being cheated, everyone mind their business and at the end I lost and my boss got away with it.

People that I thought would intervened for me and help me talk to the man all kept mute and watch everything go just like that..
That scenario played a mark in my life, it taught me that you are alone in this world if you are too good to people.. Everytime I remember the event, I weep.

So calling me wicked and laying karma on me because I let a petty thief live won't move my conscience because even when I was too good to people karma has already been playing on me.

This is pure nonsense!
So, why did you come to tell us?
To join you in supporting the thief??
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by sinkhole: 2:58pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

The owner has not opened and I think what the thief stole was not much, maybe a just what he will this morning because when I saw him taking off, he had a little bag, maybe for breakfast.
I pray the thief does not come back. Because as a human being and Nigerian in particular, when you do something and you seem to succeed at it, you're simply bound to repeat that thing, thinking you succeeded because you're smart!
I will still be happy to know the reaction of the shop owner, anytime you get it!
As per what some people are saying by condemning you, you do not need to worry at all. The most important thing in life is your own conscience: are you convinced you have done the right thing? If yes, then forget what any other person is saying.
The same set of people would have condemned yo to death had it been that you raised alarm and the theif shot dead with the realization that he only stole two loaves of bread and perhaps two tins of geisha!
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

This is pure nonsense!
So, why did you come to tell us?
To join you in supporting the thief??

I am not justifying stealing..

My point is don't judge me. Because you might have seen someone who needs help but you chose to ignore the person.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Proflere: 3:04pm On May 21, 2022
In my opinion, you should pay the kiosk owner for the items taken from his shop. I hope they won't say you are the thief sha
Favaman:
I was having a discussion with my hostel mate at the top roof of the building, when we noticed a dude hopping to a hideout.

Initially, we thought he was being chased by some bad bois, then I noticed this dude kept running out from a particular point to the hideout anytime a vehicle or any human figure appears.

The kiosk is along the road, my guy was insisting that he was being chased, giving me a lot of points to ascertain his claim. I was like no if a person is being chased, there is no way the person will keep going to a particular place and later come out and go to the same place he ran from, obviously this dude is a thief!! Trying to steal. The time was between 12:05-12:58.

Few minutes later, this thief came out with some stuff from the kiosk's direction to the same hideout. He dropped it and move back to the kiosk direction. We couldn't see how he was taking this things out because, our view from the roof top to the kiosk is obstructed by some elements of a building and we were abit far from the point where he was doing this.

We were watching until something happened, this dude came back to the hideout, eating some stuff and he was having something with him like a bread or something. He sat down and he was eating from his loot.

As he was doing so, it was as if his luck was about to run out, a patrol of two vigilantees, came around and was flashing their torches around the place.

1. If they(vigilantes) enter the street where the hideout of the dude is, they would've caught him.

On the other side, me and my guy was watching and we were contemplating if we should raise an alarm, we reasoned it. If we do now, the dude will try to run, thereby he will be shot, these vigilantees are absolutely merciless.

Beside dude was like he had not eating for days, as he was stealing, he was eating. I had a pity on him. I am very sure he is a student.

These vigilantees instincts was actually telling them something but they were too lazy or should I say they don't really care to go and check out the street opposite them, they were just flashing the torchlights all over the place but was reluctant to check out the place. They left and kept moving forward to the next junction. Leaving the thief to complete his mission.

After few minutes on the dinner, he got up and pack the other loots in a bag and took off.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I can't stand someone being killed because I raised and alarm over stealing.. Many things might have been for the thief though, maybe he has not eaten for days, I don't know but I pray one day he will be caught.. If he still repeat it again in my presence, I won't hesitate to call the vigilantes on him.

I feel sorry for the shop owner.. Tomorrow I believe someone is going to wail and curse the thief..

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by snoopz: 4:10pm On May 21, 2022
Well that could have been your Last action on Earth
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by jeff1607(m): 4:47pm On May 21, 2022
Blacklion3:
[/s]
I came from the hood, I am still in the hood, the darkest part so I know better and won't argue with you.
You are still a baby.

You come no hood bro, because you were cheated others should be cheated right? The things or privileges you enjoy now don’t you think someone put out his neck for it?

People have risked their lives for what we enjoy.

So if you see someone being robbed during traffic you will keep quiet?
Hence we have leaders and followers or worse, cowards.

What would it take to stone him with a pot,spoon , bottle or create awareness?

A coward is a coward.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Aklee4994(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2022
You’re a coward and responsible for the stealing...MUGU claiming to be a blasphemy and anti-Muslim...This is what you’re taught in your religion.

Somedays never tell a story like this to anyone to save your life.keep it to yourself.

Coming for you...your identity and location is known.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Aklee4994(m): 5:54pm On May 21, 2022
If you’re considerate of the shop owner also you will never forgive yourself...you’re a weak MAN.

Shop owner with kiosk and petty goods am sorry for you also because things are not fine in the country.

Story teller/MUGU:
Nothing bring you here to tell a reality show that you’re also film than your conscious.

Advice:Help the shop owner in anyway if you’re financially okay.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Wwwq: 6:02pm On May 21, 2022
Why
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Lovelydaisies: 6:34pm On May 21, 2022
If the thief were a hungry thief with conscience, he would have taken what he needed to survive that hunger, in that way causing less damage to the shop owner. But he went ahead to carry more. That is greed.

He should find something to do if he can't beg otherwise he'll meet his waterloo soon.

Maybe you could have raised an alarm or screamed a threat to the offender along the lines of "I go call vigilante!", there by giving him room to escape or something. Tricky situation.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Jsaviour(f): 7:05pm On May 21, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I am sure you are a Yoruba guy. Na yoruba dey fear like this

Shut up!! Just shut up. Must everything be about tribe for you miscreants? Must you show your shallowness everytime?
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by sammirano: 7:10pm On May 21, 2022
That's how you will watch someone being robbed and killed and do nothing. When you see something say something! Na your type dey get kidnapper as neighbor and aid them. This is very wrong and shouldnt be applauded. A crime is committed and you look the other way. Shows you may turn a criminal urself one day. It is not your concern the judgement he gets, you are not certain he would be killed and even if he was killed his blood is not on your hands.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by merits(m): 8:08pm On May 21, 2022
Favaman:

You are a stupid man, I pray someone loots your source of income and you will be happy with it.you see wrong things and you kept quiet, and somebody like you will be blaming government for not doing the right thing.nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by cybriz82(m): 9:17pm On May 21, 2022
biggy00000:
Did it also cross your mind to "protect" the owner of the kiosk?
Cost implication-

Repair of damaged kiosk/lock

Replacement of stolen items( if business was funded with loan- begining of the end)

Emotional trauma.

False accusation/resentment of the wrong person.

You could have made a sound to deter the thief without exposing yourself.

U dey mind them u need see d way I dey their comments with a disgusting face...op if to say na ur mama shop person Do like this..u go dey happy ba? N more over do u knw what d onwer of that kiosk went thru before setting that biz What if d owner is a single mother..haba why una no shout frm d begining to scare him away? This is pure wickedness...

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Babatojide: 9:44pm On May 21, 2022
You did the best for your mental health
I don’t think anyone sane would survive the guilt of inciting jungle justice
If it’s a Sane society where everyone knows that life is too sacred to be taken cos of a LOAVE of bread
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by crimefighter123: 9:55pm On May 21, 2022
superCleanworks:

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT bla bla bla.... So you are now an expert on criminal luck and fortune.? You just sit and hold your phone and all of a sudden you have become the merlin of crime? What else do you know? Please educate us.

Please & Please... WHAT THE HELL has dejavu got to do with any of this your nauseating explanations and excuses? Or you just want to sound smart to cover your bullshit?
Like you've never done anything wrong but was lucky not to be caught,which you told yourself not to ever be involved in such again.
If you are deceiving us,we ain't deceiving ourselves. No one is pure. It happens at times and we seek for forgiveness,case close.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by superCleanworks(m): 11:34pm On May 21, 2022
crimefighter123:

Like you've never done anything wrong but was lucky not to be caught,which you told yourself not to ever be involved in such again.
If you are deceiving us,we ain't deceiving ourselves. No one is pure. It happens at times and we seek for forgiveness,case close.
Who is talking about all this one you are saying? Or are you high on tomtom?
Oga of you can not read and understand them that is entirely your business. Please get lost.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Tundex911: 1:30am On May 22, 2022
Other way round, na small small wey our leaders(politicians) started this shit till dem finish us all...

I mean the way dem finish the country patapata

Oluwa a wa pelu wa
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by cmecproblem(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2022
If you have watched the first spider man movie when he let a thief get away, only for the thief to kill his uncle few minutes later.
Hopefully this thief you allowed to escape won't come back to haunt you or loved ones.
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by crimefighter123: 11:08am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

Who is talking about all this one you are saying? Or are you high on tomtom?
Oga of you can not read and understand them that is entirely your business. Please get lost.
Guilty. I see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 18 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Ogun / Notorious Armed Robber, Mahmud Ibrahim, Arrested In Kano (Photo) / Water Poured On A Security Officer Spotted Sleeping On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.