Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Share Your Loan Experience - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Loan Experience (22530 Views)

Has Your Loan Debt Ever Been Forcefully Removed From Your Other Accounts Before? / From August 1, Your Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Funds In Other Banks / Fintech Apps: Share Your Loan Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by rukz: 5:59pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:
You need access to your bvn linked number
ok

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by ravensckar(m): 6:06pm On May 22, 2022
If God is punishing some people, hundreds of prayers and fasting cannot ameliorate their suffering. Some humans are worst than wild animals.

On this same forum, I advertised a job and a guy called to apply. The way and manner he was begging then that his whole life depended on the job. I sha did my best but las las, the client rejected him. She said there's something in her that told her not to employ him. Out of concern, I sha tried getting another job for Bros and we became close in the process. A few weeks later, he lied that he has finally gotten a job and that he needed me to borrow him money for transport and feeding for the month. He even showed me a fake employment letter bearing a monthly salary of 200K. Na so I used my church mind borrow an 50K with the agreement that he'll pay back by month end. About 2 weeks later, he came with his fiancée, they were planning their introduction and needed money for something. The mumu me borrowed him another 50K, they even followed me to the ATM that night, smiling and holding hands. cheesy cheesy

Las las, na scam. My money entered voice mail. I called, begged, threatened and did all I could (No show). What made the event most unforgettable for me was that I lost my job during that period and needed my savings to survive until I got a new job. I sha tracked him down with a Naval Officer before I could get 32K out of 100K. He showed up with a lawyer and signed an undertaking to pay the rest, story. Guyman disappeared into the thin air. It has been more up to 7 years now, whenever I remember, I'll just smile like (when men were boys). Funny enough, that hasn't stopped me from lending other people money except I am mindful of who and how much I'm lending now (to avoid stories that touch). cheesy cheesy cheesy

PS- There are two pointers to a person's character;

1- How they honour their words or promise.

2- Whether they pay back their loan or debt.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by stacyadams: 6:36pm On May 22, 2022
Elder0001:

cheesy

One of my neighbours came to lend money from me recently. Baba said he'll return it once he comes back from where he's travelling to, I said no shaking and transferred to him.
It's been more than two weeks since the guy came back, and he has been acting as if both of us don't have anything going on. cheesy
I even reminded him on WhatsApp, he snubbed me and I told him to check what I sent to him on WhatsApp only for him to lie that he doesn't have sub to access his WhatsApp.
I just forgot about the money. I know if I keep talking about it, it'll turn into quarrel and I don't have strength for noise.

Just lend out only what you can afford to lose. But he also lost too because he can never ask me to lend him shît next time.

.....lol...they will always have another need for loan....mafo...buh him Don block d opportunity...
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by AndSunGorilla: 7:41pm On May 22, 2022
Joyrider404:
Rule one about loan

Don't borrow friends money,no matter how close y'all are don't borrow them..rather dash them or tell them you don't have .... cause if you borrow to collect the money na wahala and that would break the friendship and you would lose ur money to
What kind of friendship is that if such friends can't be trusted with money. Good riddance to friends with no integrity and won't keep their end of the bargain.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by freshboy31: 7:46pm On May 22, 2022
Kobicove:

That's because you have no plan of repaying the loan! angry
don't think like a mumu
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by tianshie(m): 7:47pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:
My father’s experience, people are wicked fam.. just read

We have a family friend, we practically do things together, I and my siblings goes to same school as the other, same class and so on. My dad stood as a guarantor for them for a loan of about 2.5m then in his work place where he has been working for like 30years in 2012, these people opened a pure water factory and was doing well, unfortunately my dad got retired forcefully then in 2013 just about 2/3years to his retirement due to failing economy. The 2.5m was removed from his gratuity and pension. We were left with peanut. My family went from that to sorrow. After about 2 years when the deal elapsed, he went to meet this family friend, pay back this money.

They said they don’t have it, we started begging fr our money oo, my dad reported to their extended family and the family friend turn it to fight. That why are we reporting them here and there

The wife even threatened that if we take this to court, she will tell the court she’ll pay 10,k every month for the next couple of years till she pays finish and there’s nothing we can do.

It was so devastating, 3,4,5,6,7 years later still kept on begging, fighting, we stopped talking to each other, in between the wife bought a car rav4 Toyota 2007 and you claim you don’t have money to pay debt. This really angered my dad but there was nothing he could do. But God pushed us through those years oo.

Fortunately they had a change of heart this year and they paid half of the money this year, after we’ve suffered and they enjoyed, sent their first born out for masters.

Took them 9years to pay a loan they were supposed to pay in 2years and now my heart is hardened never to do that for anyone no matter who

I'm sorry your family had to go through this.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Klass99(f): 8:07pm On May 22, 2022
smiley
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by drealj: 8:32pm On May 22, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I lent a young guy who appeared to me hard working because he had a block industry which some of us patronised. I had a project and he was supplying me the blocks without failing and I always paid him without failing. Towards the tail end of the project, he came to lend him 1 million Naira, that he had a contract to supply about 10,000 blocks of 9 inches. He said they didn't give him mobilization, so he needed money to start the production for supply. He promised to pay within three months immediately he finished the supply and money paid to him.

I lent him the sum of 500,000 Naira. After 3 months, this boy was shifting goal post for repayment. I never knew this did not get any supply contract. In fact, he eve living and doing business on borrowed money and owing a lot of people. Even all the materials he was using were borrowed. This is 9th month, he has failed to pay, his block industry packed for over 5 months, he even absconded that his phone line does not go through. I was able to trace their house, met the mum. The mum almost cried her life out and said this boy would one day killed him. She said the boy is owing a lot of people, some amounts as high as a million, he even collected money from customers which he failed to deliver blocks. The mum said the boy is addicted betting and womanising.

The woman promised to pay me in installments when she the season for sand mining starts.

The boy has gone underground, because a lot of people are looking for him.

Lawyers in the house, how do I process this case legally against this boy?
Wy people always Fall for cheap scam.Many guys are out there running this type of scam,but no be ur fault,na greediness and jazz worked on u.Even billionaires dey run this scam. Report him to business association he belongs to
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by MarkBenn: 8:39pm On May 22, 2022
Tonytonex not everyone. I do borrow some of my friends money and some payback. This mentality is satanic. Show love when you can.

You are right sir, despite my bad experienced from lending money, there is this guy that stays in the same street with me,I don't know his lodge and I don't think he knows mine but we are very good at greeting each other with names like Chairman, Boss etc, certain morning I was going for lectures and I saw him walking towards my direction,he came to me and was like Boss i was looking for you please I need you to help me with some money I will give you back today when we get home, I looked at him,I thought about the disappointment have gotten from helping people even though I had the money, again I realized this guy needed my help so I had to give him, later in the evening while at home I heard a knock on my door and behold it was this guy,he came to refund the money, this is some one i don't know his name, department or even where he stays, Good people still exist.
Where ever you are Man, God Bless You for keeping your words.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by fattprince(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2022
ImaIma1:

Wow! This is so so sad. People are mean especially in cases like this. Friends/ families turn foe because of money. Terrible.
And if they didn't agree to help them then it would be like they are wicked. In cases like this you wish you can turn back hands if time and Bleep them up real good.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by bigiyaro(m): 9:14pm On May 22, 2022
My sister-in-law borrowed 10k from me, 6 months ago, up till now she has not refunded me, anyway, thank God it's only 10k, cos dat door is shut forever.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Donmudi1(m): 9:21pm On May 22, 2022
I borrowed someone money 2016 ,66k. E pay am 2k, 3k 5k till 2020. That's 4 years.. na me tell am say d one wey e pay don do. Cos I no use the money 4 anything.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by edosignature(m): 9:23pm On May 22, 2022
Collecting one destiny back from the devil & recovering your money back from debtors are practically the same thing.

I might not lend people money again except on rear occasion. Most people I've lend money none has choose to pay back till date.

Friends, Ex school mate, Ex lover, etc.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tv122: 9:24pm On May 22, 2022
Hellonearth:

Me too. I lost 26billion to a friend. He borrowed and never paid back
Lolz
i see what you did there �
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Ifakiland(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2022
I've grown a heart of stone towards borrowing people money...even if I a life and death situation I won't borrow you money....unless a collateral is dropped and den you sign before a lawyer that if you don't pay the loan back, I can sell the collateral to get my money back
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:43pm On May 22, 2022
muyico:
dis wot happened.he wanna obtain loan.but was deny.he den asked 4 my detail.i gave him my numbr.atm card,bvn, my acct no. But when we get to Security input we strt ve prblm.d app keep denying d Security code at back of my atm.immeditely we delete d app.since den dey ve bin disturbing me with sms.not loan debt.but asking me get interest free loan.

Ohh pls do not be tempted to take especially what you can't payback easily
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Selling good on credit is worse it can paralyze your business

I know how many times I don top up for my data business money simply coz of people collecting data on credit. Now no more such nonsense
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:47pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:
grin grin and customer won't come to buy from the shop again lol

That's the painful part

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Zanzibar1: 10:55pm On May 22, 2022
edosignature:
Collecting one destiny back from the devil & recovering your money back from debtors are practically the same thing.

I might not lend people money again except on rear occasion. Most people I've lend money none has choose to pay back till date.

Friends, Ex school mate, Ex lover, etc.
why would you borrow your exlover money na. thats bad investment

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by alloy123: 11:54pm On May 22, 2022
A relative borrowed from me and invested in honey biz and after months,,i asked him to give me the money he borrowed from me and to my surprise he said he can not recall when he borrowed money from me and i just let go of the money and maintain distance with him...Man and Money remain a big issue

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Uplifted2022(m): 12:03am On May 23, 2022
Zjat1:
I have a rule... If a friend asks me for money i give him 10% and never ask back...Simple..

can you assist me with 4k?
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Uplifted2022(m): 12:04am On May 23, 2022
dontrulee:
I hope the 30k wey I loan this babe last week never dissapear like this??
grin grin

Abeg assist me with 4k, Abeg no be loan?
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Kobicove(m): 12:11am On May 23, 2022
freshboy31:
don't think like a mumu

You are already acting like a mumu!
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by dontrulee: 12:38am On May 23, 2022
Uplifted2022:

Abeg assist me with 4k, Abeg no be loan?

I no you no go pay back.
You dey owe loan app??

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tundex911: 1:12am On May 23, 2022
Funny enough most of this loan app is owned by Chinese companies...

FG na bastard
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Amarisco(f): 1:31am On May 23, 2022
lavylilly:
You should forget the money the very date it leaves your account.

A distance uncle begged me for loan to settle hospital bills of N850k. I told the Uncle I don't give loan as I wasn't bank, just gave them 400k to help settle the bill. I was the one that even call them to know if they have gotten the alert self after few days, which they confirmed to me. No thank you..�� Promised myself never to pick their calls anymore

Imagine the audacity.

Just like you, I do not borrow money I cannot afford to dash. That feeling of depending on someone to pay back money is horrific. Especially when they are late

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Connected1: 1:51am On May 23, 2022
Of course I give out loans to anyone that asks me for help if I am in a good mood.

If it's a soft loan like 5k downwards, I just give it out and wait for you to pay back or not, if you don't, then we are still cool but you can't ask for another even if na 100 you borrow before.

If it's a huge loan, from 5k upwards, you either drop a collateral or get out, families and friends don show me shege because of loan.

Even if one is at the point of death, if e no dae my mind to give you for free or you no get collateral, forget am, nor be me be your helper.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by SavageResponse(m): 5:39am On May 23, 2022
Tundex911:
Funny enough most of this loan app is owned by Chinese companies...

FG na bastard

The purpose of this discussion is to share experience regarding why Nigerians borrow and refuse to pay back, it is not about loan apps!
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by lavylilly: 7:56am On May 23, 2022
zexy2030:

Hi
Hello
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tripleanthony(m): 8:59am On May 23, 2022
DaBogu:
That how I lost N 2.5 M to a very closed friend I have known years back. The painful part was how he even ignore my call or text but will kneel down to beg whenever I visit to show my Anger. It already 8 months I stop disturbing him and he never cared to even flash me. Na wa for Nigerians ooh

Am having school clearance issue, loan me and I will pay through my Nysc allawee
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Abujaexpress: 10:22am On May 23, 2022
drealj:
Wy people always Fall for cheap scam.Many guys are out there running this type of scam,but no be ur fault,na greediness and jazz worked on u.Even billionaires dey run this scam. Report him to business association he belongs to
He does not belong to any, even the block industry has been grounded, with some of his machine and keke tricycle confiscated and take over by other people he was indebted to.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Abujaexpress: 10:23am On May 23, 2022
drealj:
He does not belong to any, even the block industry has been grounded, with some of his machine and keke tricycle confiscated and take over by other people he was indebted to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Machines 4 Sale / How To Report Your Financial Institution To The CBN / Exchange Rate Quotes For ₦1,100 At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.