Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Share Your Loan Experience - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Loan Experience (22528 Views)

Has Your Loan Debt Ever Been Forcefully Removed From Your Other Accounts Before? / From August 1, Your Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Funds In Other Banks / Fintech Apps: Share Your Loan Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by IyaTola: 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
grin
FX2BROWN:
Year 2009, while stil working wit Oceanic Bank, I lent a friend #40k wit an assurance of paying me by the end of the month. Til date, he has not paid that money. It caused serious issue then. I MADE A VOW! NOT 2 LEND MONEY 2 PEOPLE, especially friends.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by lavylilly: 5:59am On Jun 28, 2022
Joygift3666:

Some people are just ingrates.
As in ehn
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Abiolang: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
I feel sorry for you. Such is life, lesson learnt
ravensckar:
If God is punishing some people, hundreds of prayers and fasting cannot ameliorate their suffering. Some humans are worst than wild animals.

On this same forum, I advertised a job and a guy called to apply. The way and manner he was begging then that his whole life depended on the job. I sha did my best but las las, the client rejected him. She said there's something in her that told her not to employ him. Out of concern, I sha tried getting another job for Bros and we became close in the process. A few weeks later, he lied that he has finally gotten a job and that he needed me to borrow him money for transport and feeding for the month. He even showed me a fake employment letter bearing a monthly salary of 200K. Na so I used my church mind borrow an 50K with the agreement that he'll pay back by month end. About 2 weeks later, he came with his fiancée, they were planning their introduction and needed money for something. The mumu me borrowed him another 50K, they even followed me to the ATM that night, smiling and holding hands. cheesy cheesy

Las las, na scam. My money entered voice mail. I called, begged, threatened and did all I could (No show). What made the event most unforgettable for me was that I lost my job during that period and needed my savings to survive until I got a new job. I sha tracked him down with a Naval Officer before I could get 32K out of 100K. He showed up with a lawyer and signed an undertaking to pay the rest, story. Guyman disappeared into the thin air. It has been more up to 7 years now, whenever I remember, I'll just smile like (when men were boys). Funny enough, that hasn't stopped me from lending other people money except I am mindful of who and how much I'm lending now (to avoid stories that touch). cheesy cheesy cheesy

PS- There are two pointers to a person's character;

1- How they honour their words or promise.

2- Whether they pay back their loan or debt.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by IyaTola: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2022
Abiolang:
I feel sorry for you. Such is life, lesson learnt
Na so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge / Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Machines 4 Sale / How To Report Your Financial Institution To The CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.