Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Share Your Loan Experience - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Loan Experience (22520 Views)

Has Your Loan Debt Ever Been Forcefully Removed From Your Other Accounts Before? / From August 1, Your Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Funds In Other Banks / Fintech Apps: Share Your Loan Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by arthurwillia(m): 3:27pm On May 22, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Obi akpor nna! People are wicked.
my true life story
Anytime I see them ehn my blood dey rush cause we stay in opposite street
I avoid their street like plague

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tekzyflex(m): 3:31pm On May 22, 2022
I need loan

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tonytonex(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2022
Joyrider404:
Rule one about loan

Don't borrow friends money,no matter how close y'all are don't borrow them..rather dash them or tell them you don't have .... cause if you borrow to collect the money na wahala and that would break the friendship and you would lose ur money to
not everyone. I do borrow some of my friends money and some payback. This mentality is satanic. Show love when you can.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:36pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:
my true life story
Anytime I see them ehn my blood dey rush cause we stay in opposite street
I avoid their street like plague

Don't worry life has a way of f**king bad people up. Just don't wish them bad. But if them enter your trap....

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Kyra1(f): 3:36pm On May 22, 2022
Ehya
So it's that hard for people, that they would borrow money and can't pay back.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by dododawa1: 3:38pm On May 22, 2022
I BLAMED BUHARI for d hardship.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:
Lending someone money or selling goods on credit, which one worst pass?

Both are bad

Someone who called himself honourable is owing me 2k for data I sold to him. He has stopped picking my calls and replying to my message

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by abbahfather: 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
Bro I no longer do such business again, watin I use my I see just to get some back and the one I couldn't recover, guy not a small thing.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tonytonex(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2022
obinna58:
I almost gave out another loan of 50k to someone who never returned 15k loan she borrowed before

I just couldn't do it, I offered her 10k free but she vex and no wan collect.

Na my senior sis though but mehn I can't kill myself

if you get, help your family member if they really need the help.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Kobicove(m): 3:51pm On May 22, 2022
freshboy31:
All these loan sharks apps dey put fear for my body

That's because you have no plan of repaying the loan! angry
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Jmichael1(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2022
Dats one of the reason i don't blame loan apps agent....

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by obinna58(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2022
Tonytonex:
True
Though there's difference between dash and borrow

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Vadese1: 3:59pm On May 22, 2022
Karma is not sleeping. Everyone will reap whatever they sow. Very Devastating story. God is your family strength

arthurwillia:
My father’s experience, people are wicked fam.. just read

We have a family friend, we practically do things together, I and my siblings goes to same school as the other, same class and so on. My dad stood as a guarantor for them for a loan of about 2.5m then in his work place where he has been working for like 30years in 2012, these people opened a pure water factory and was doing well, unfortunately my dad got retired forcefully then in 2013 just about 2/3years to his retirement due to failing economy. The 2.5m was removed from his gratuity and pension. We were left with peanut. My family went from that to sorrow. After about 2 years when the deal elapsed, he went to meet this family friend, pay back this money.

They said they don’t have it, we started begging fr our money oo, my dad reported to their extended family and the family friend turn it to fight. That why are we reporting them here and there

The wife even threatened that if we take this to court, she will tell the court she’ll pay 10,k every month for the next couple of years till she pays finish and there’s nothing we can do.

It was so devastating, 3,4,5,6,7 years later still kept on begging, fighting, we stopped talking to each other, in between the wife bought a car rav4 Toyota 2007 and you claim you don’t have money to pay debt. This really angered my dad but there was nothing he could do. But God pushed us through those years oo.

Fortunately they had a change of heart this year and they paid half of the money this year, after we’ve suffered and they enjoyed, sent their first born out for masters.

Took them 9years to pay a loan they were supposed to pay in 2years and now my heart is hardened never to do that for anyone no matter who
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Buffalo2(m): 4:00pm On May 22, 2022
If you want to lose two things at the same time, borrow ur cousin/friend/family money. You'll lose the money and the relationship at the same time.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by juniorstar(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2022
All my friends..I av ever borrowed money none ever paid back.. the last two made me stop borrowing money to ppl first was Ben.. this guy lives large but back then when ppl were into MMM he wanted me to do it so he could get some percentage, told him I don't do ponzi when it later backfired learnt he was indebted to many classmates who were threatening to report him to the authorities and it could affect him graduating from med school...this guy was basically drinking garri cos he promised to be paying some stubborn creditors who were on his neck he came to me to borrow him..I gave him and he promised to pay back cos I told him I would need the money for Easter break..he said he would pay back. Till today over 3yrs he never called to apologise the 2nd was awede he came to my apartment one day and said he doesn't have any cash with him..he came with his babe and said if I have cash to borrow him he would pay back..over 3months now he hasn't paid I saw him one day and reminded him even sent my acct number via WhatsApp he never transferred the money. Now I am at the stage if you are dying and you need money if its what I cant forgo I won't give you no matter who you are. Cos it keeps happening.
Tonytonex:

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tzar(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2022
If you want to know how evil & dishonest Nigerians are, loan them money!
Nigerians are just terrible and evil people!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by sultry69(m): 4:09pm On May 22, 2022
lavylilly:
You should forget the money the very date it leaves your account.

A distance uncle begged me for loan to settle hospital bills of N850k. I told the Uncle I don't give loan as I wasn't bank, just gave them 400k to help settle the bill. I was the one that even call them to know if they have gotten the alert self after few days, which they confirmed to me. No thank you..�� Promised myself never to pick their calls anymore
You have done great for your uncle/family,but if they refused to appreciate your efforts,just leave them,God will judge accordingly.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by nedekid: 4:11pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:
Hmmm just relax and read

My personal experience, I lent my friends babe 20k based on I take her as a sister so she can run a business then, to be returned in 3weeks, one month elapsed, she no gree, she now later called me that can she repay in bits, she paid 5k 3 times in 4weeks and later told me she has tried I should forgo the remaining 5k, I’m like na you go tell me what to forgo? It caused a dent in our talking and since then I no Dey lend person money again oo..
Lolz, she even try.
Them no de lend woman money ohh!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by nedekid: 4:12pm On May 22, 2022
Tonytonex:
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by nedekid: 4:20pm On May 22, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I lent a young guy who appeared to me hard working because he had a block industry which some us patronised. I had a project and he was supplying me the blocks without failing and I always paid him without failing. Towards the tail end of the project, he came to lend him 1 million Naira, that he had a contract to supply about 10,000 blocks of 9 inches. He said they didn't give him mobilization, so he needed money to start the production for supply. He promised to pay within three months immediately he finished the supply and money paid to him.

I lent him the sum of 500,000 Naira. After 3 months, this boy was shifting goal post for repayment. I never knew this did not get any supply contract. In fact, he eve living and doing business on borrowed money and owing a lot of people. Even all the materials he was using were borrowed. This is 9th month, he has failed to pay, his block industry packed for over 5 months, he even absconded that his phone line does not go through. I was able to trace their house, met the mum. The mum almost cried her life out and said this boy would one day killed him. She said the boy is owing a lot of people, some amounts as high as a million, he even collected money from customers which he failed to deliver blocks. The mum said the boy is addicted betting and womanising.

The woman promised to pay me in installments when she the season for sand mining starts.

The boy has gone underground, because a lot of people are looking for him.

Lawyers in the house, how do I process this case legally against this boy?
Any lawyer that takes that case will only be chopping you.
A lawyer that is your friend will advice you better. He will ask you if the fellow has major assets, a houses, heavy machinery(that cannot be deposed easily). If he does, then maybe.
Just look at it, assuming you get judgement against the guy, how do you enforce it? He has nothing!
Furthermore, it is likely for the court to ask how much the fellow can afford to pay possibly monthly.
Who knows, he might be told to pay 2k montly for the next 20 years! Lolz
You best bet is to persuade him or his relatives to pay.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by donborg(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:

We have a family friend, we practically do things together, I and my siblings goes to same school as the other, same class and so on. My dad stood as a guarantor for them for a loan of about 2.5m then in his work place where he has been working for like 30years in 2012, these people opened a pure water factory and was doing well, unfortunately my dad got retired forcefully then in 2013 just about 2/3years to his retirement due to failing economy. The 2.5m was removed from his gratuity and pension. We were left with peanut. My family went from that to sorrow. After about 2 years when the deal elapsed, he went to meet this family friend, pay back this money.

They said they don’t have it, we started begging fr our money oo, my dad reported to their extended family and the family friend turn it to fight. That why are we reporting them here and there

The wife even threatened that if we take this to court, she will tell the court she’ll pay 10,k every month for the next couple of years till she pays finish and there’s nothing we can do.

It was so devastating, 3,4,5,6,7 years later still kept on begging, fighting, we stopped talking to each other, in between the wife bought a car rav4 Toyota 2007 and you claim you don’t have money to pay debt. This really angered my dad but there was nothing he could do. But God pushed us through those years oo.

Fortunately they had a change of heart this year and they paid half of the money this year, after we’ve suffered and they enjoyed, sent their first born out for masters.

Took them 9years to pay a loan they were supposed to pay in 2years and now my heart is hardened never to do that for anyone no matter who

They took your family's destiny the moment the money was loaned. all that their family enjoyed was meant for your family
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Bbbw: 4:29pm On May 22, 2022
Never
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by mkpurumma090(f): 4:32pm On May 22, 2022
Emerald04:
I loan my friend my babe for the night. Till date I no see the color of the girl pant again. Na their Lomotif and Tik tok videos I just dey see everytime for WhatsApp.

So heartbreaking. Had it bn I know it would turn out like this. Won’t have try that rubbish thing.

So sorry my darling. Hahahaha you lend money to her cause of pussy
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by ImaIma1(f): 4:38pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:

Wow! This is so so sad. People are mean especially in cases like this. Friends/ families turn foe because of money. Terrible.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by MrFollowFollow(m): 4:41pm On May 22, 2022
abbahfather:
Bro I no longer do such business again, watin I use my I see just to get some back and the one I couldn't recover, guy not a small thing.

That's the reason why most loan apps use public shaming to force people to repay their loans because Nigerians are terrible people

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by sonssyo: 5:09pm On May 22, 2022
I borrowed my sister in law 30k when she requested for loan to complete school fees,she said Thursday she will pay,I waited Thursday passed no show,upper week no show,I just decided to call, she answered and said she is the one taking full responsibility of feeding, accomodation etc at home,my brother is not bringing anything,how does that concern me? Mind you when my brother was getting at least 1.5- 2m every 1-2 months they were busy enjoying the money without giving me anything,at a time I have to get involved in folding of paper because he is into printing, God gave me speed and I could not less than 3k paper a day which ordinary I should be getting 4500_ 5000, at a time he even said I should be pinning it, God gave me speed again,I did 1500 copies within 2 hrs,he now said I shouldn't do again,mind you he paid the other people doing the job for him, at a time he said I wasted his paper by over counting,he came and checked none was over counted. This life no balance,one day I even asked him money to buy pad he said can't I afford to buy pad? I felt bad,but as God may have it I told my immediate elder brother that I needed to visit a church in auchi Edo state,he sponsored that,after that night vigil,in 2 weeks time I was. Called for interview,boom job landed, I was given the job.
Believe me till today,that my brother still call me for assistance and I just give at will,at a time I keep thinking whether he knows that those things he was doing then was bad. Least I forget may God bless my immediate elder brother for me,I buy the kids things ,very expensive things with reckless abandon and am happy doing it.
People should lend what they can afford to loose,simple

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2022
rukz:
I dont have access to my bank alert phone no.
You need access to your bvn linked number
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by indoorlove(m): 5:18pm On May 22, 2022
I made some cool cash few years ago. I decided to lend my friends and family some money. I gave about 8 of them 300k each, to be paid in a year. No collateral, no interests. Since 2018 only 1 person paid 132k. Others simply do not care.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by muyico(m): 5:18pm On May 22, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Tell your friend to go and pay his loan
dis wot happened.he wanna obtain loan.but was deny.he den asked 4 my detail.i gave him my numbr.atm card,bvn, my acct no. But when we get to Security input we strt ve prblm.d app keep denying d Security code at back of my atm.immeditely we delete d app.since den dey ve bin disturbing me with sms.not loan debt.but asking me get interest free loan.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by muyico(m): 5:29pm On May 22, 2022
teemy:

Fairmoney is one of the nicest loan apps out there. They don't do that contact list shaming others do. Your friend has defaulted, let him pay up.
not debt.but advert.like asking me to get free interest loan. We apply 4 loan bk den.but were deny.we hd issue with c.v.v code.we called fairmoney numbr dey us visit our bank.we visit bank dey said notins wrng with our atm card.instantly we delete d app.since den dey ve bombard me with daily messages
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Freesingle(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2022
I have learnt my lesson the hard way. A friend called me up for urgent 10k loan which I gave but since he got the money,our friendship don end
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by teemy(m): 5:41pm On May 22, 2022
muyico:
not debt.but advert.like asking me to get free interest loan. We apply 4 loan bk den.but were deny.we hd issue with c.v.v code.we called fairmoney numbr dey us visit our bank.we visit bank dey said notins wrng with our atm card.instantly we delete d app.since den dey ve bombard me with daily messages

My bad. I was confused by you previous post. it said "My frnd borrowed money".

Seems the owner is an internet marketer who has employed lots of marketing tactics to build his business. You can use Truecaller to block their messages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. / 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.