Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Share Your Loan Experience - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Loan Experience (22525 Views)

Has Your Loan Debt Ever Been Forcefully Removed From Your Other Accounts Before? / From August 1, Your Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Funds In Other Banks / Fintech Apps: Share Your Loan Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Abujaexpress: 2:37pm On May 22, 2022
I lent a young guy who appeared to me hard working because he had a block industry which some of us patronised. I had a project and he was supplying me the blocks without failing and I always paid him without failing. Towards the tail end of the project, he came to lend him 1 million Naira, that he had a contract to supply about 10,000 blocks of 9 inches. He said they didn't give him mobilization, so he needed money to start the production for supply. He promised to pay within three months immediately he finished the supply and money paid to him.

I lent him the sum of 500,000 Naira. After 3 months, this boy was shifting goal post for repayment. I never knew this did not get any supply contract. In fact, he eve living and doing business on borrowed money and owing a lot of people. Even all the materials he was using were borrowed. This is 9th month, he has failed to pay, his block industry packed for over 5 months, he even absconded that his phone line does not go through. I was able to trace their house, met the mum. The mum almost cried her life out and said this boy would one day killed him. She said the boy is owing a lot of people, some amounts as high as a million, he even collected money from customers which he failed to deliver blocks. The mum said the boy is addicted betting and womanising.

The woman promised to pay me in installments when she the season for sand mining starts.

The boy has gone underground, because a lot of people are looking for him.

Lawyers in the house, how do I process this case legally against this boy?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by GabiEmma: 2:39pm On May 22, 2022
Zjat1:
I have a rule... If a friend asks me for money i give him 10% and never ask back...Simple..

I have something similar. One of my so called friends tried to embarrass me for this and today we aren't friends.

This wasn't what caused us to stop being friends sha.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by adetayoonas(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2022
lavylilly:
You should forget the money the very date it leaves your account.

A distance uncle begged me for loan to settle hospital bills of N850k. I told the Uncle I don't give loan as I wasn't bank, just gave them 400k to help settle the bill. I was the one that even call them to know if they have gotten the alert self after few days, which they confirmed to me. No thank you..�� Promised myself never to pick their calls anymore

This is quite sad
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by kemade14: 2:41pm On May 22, 2022
dontrulee:

Me wey no even trust myself in some certain situations, na another human being I go trust??

If I give anybody money, it's money that I can afford to loose. Man don learn his lesson. grin grin
I learnt my lesson after this one.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Abujaexpress: 2:41pm On May 22, 2022
Someone borrowed money from me under false pretences that he had a contract to execute, whereas it was big lie. This the 10th money now, he has failed to pay back, changed his phone line and absconded. It's only the mother that now came, crying and promising that she will pay the money to me in installments when the seasonal business she does starts by September.

Any legal advice on this?
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 2:41pm On May 22, 2022
lavylilly:

A distance uncle begged me for loan to settle hospital bills of N850k. I told the Uncle I don't give loan as I wasn't bank, just gave them 400k to help settle the bill. I was the one that even call them to know if they have gotten the alert self after few days, which they confirmed to me. No thank you..�� Promised myself never to pick their calls anymore
Hehe sorry about that
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2022
freshboy31:
Make person dash me 3500 now since loan na no go area urgent matter for my head
Use fairmoney take your urgent 3500 loan o, they won't stress your life

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2022
Thomthom:
See as people dey call money for hear wey them borrow person wey the person no gree pay back if I beg for just 1k I no go see...
Use fairmoney for your urgent 1k grin
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2022
Lending someone money or selling goods on credit, which one worst pass?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2022
muyico:
Fairmoney shuld b banned. My frnd borrowed money frm dey ha app.and dey keep disturbing me with daily text.

Tell your friend to go and pay his loan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by oluwaseyi0: 2:47pm On May 22, 2022
Bmaster:
d only loan i know na from mtn.

I got no time to explain myself to online aliens simply bcus of mere loan.

Lol
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by oluwaseyi0: 2:49pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:

Selling good on credit is worse it can paralyze your business

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Springboot: 2:49pm On May 22, 2022
Naiira:
Anytime I’m tempted to take loan, I go always sit down first, take a bottle of Heineken, reason the matta as e be - I really need am?

Las Las I go come realize say “easy is the road that lead to destruction.”

Still on still, I go “Enter through the narrow gate,” to secure my freedom and sanity.

Always strive: If them tell you say anything in life is easy, na setup.

That's the best thing to do, you'll eventually realize it's not that urgent, eveything can wait. I'm not against taking a loan for a good investment tho, as long as it's from a proper bank with low interest or a family.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by pocohantas(f): 2:49pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:

I no come know sef. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2022
DaBogu:
That how I lost N 2.5 M to a very closed friend I have known years back. The painful part was how he even ignore my call or text but will kneel down to beg whenever I visit to show my Anger. It already 8 months I stop disturbing him and he never cared to even flash me. Na wa for Nigerians ooh

2. What?! He's going to pay no matter what.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by freshboy31: 2:52pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:

All these loan sharks apps dey put fear for my body

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2022
lavylilly:

So bad of them. At least gratitude isn't that costly nah. People ehn!
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by rukz: 2:55pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:

do I need otp code?
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by a2d3rew(m): 2:55pm On May 22, 2022
Give loan don't think of paying it back, . Somewhere in the Bible talk about.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by teemy(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2022
muyico:
Fairmoney shuld b banned. My frnd borrowed money frm dey ha app.and dey keep disturbing me with daily text.

Fairmoney is one of the nicest loan apps out there. They don't do that contact list shaming others do. Your friend has defaulted, let him pay up.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Cti28(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2022
lavylilly:

Just imagine. They are audaciously ungrateful. 400k and no thank you, or were they thinking it is their prerogative - even if it was. haba!

If tommorrow you ignore them, they will call you a wicked person and forgeting how ungrateful and insensitive they were in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by MarkBenn: 2:59pm On May 22, 2022
It was early this year when I returned to school,a very good and close friend of mine also my course mate told me how his rent was Due and the Landlady giving him just a week to move out, since he was aware I just received my final year school fees from my sponsor,he pleaded with me to assist him with part of the money which was almost More than half of my school fees with promised to pay back at the end of the month,at first I never wanted to give him considering the fact that if I don't get the money back from him there is no way I can pay my fees anymore, but being the only good friend I had in school I keep having the thought of how good we have been to each other I decided to lend him the money, but till date I'm about to graduate he has refused to pay back the money, the sad part of it is that he spends money on women daily even in my presence but anytime I remind him of my money and how I need to pay my school fees he will tell me there is no money.
Humans are extremely wicked.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:59pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:
My father’s experience, people are wicked fam.. just read

We have a family friend, we practically do things together, I and my siblings goes to same school as the other, same class and so on. My dad stood as a guarantor for them for a loan of about 2.5m then in his work place where he has been working for like 30years in 2012, these people opened a pure water factory and was doing well, unfortunately my dad got retired forcefully then in 2013 just about 2/3years to his retirement due to failing economy. The 2.5m was removed from his gratuity and pension. We were left with peanut. My family went from that to sorrow. After about 2 years when the deal elapsed, he went to meet this family friend, pay back this money.

They said they don’t have it, we started begging fr our money oo, my dad reported to their extended family and the family friend turn it to fight. That why are we reporting them here and there

The wife even threatened that if we take this to court, she will tell the court she’ll pay 10,k every month for the next couple of years till she pays finish and there’s nothing we can do.

It was so devastating, 3,4,5,6,7 years later still kept on begging, fighting, we stopped talking to each other, in between the wife bought a car rav4 Toyota 2007 and you claim you don’t have money to pay debt. This really angered my dad but there was nothing he could do. But God pushed us through those years oo.

Fortunately they had a change of heart this year and they paid half of the money this year, after we’ve suffered and they enjoyed, sent their first born out for masters.

Took them 9years to pay a loan they were supposed to pay in 2years and now my heart is hardened never to do that for anyone no matter who

Obi akpor nna! People are wicked.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Selling good on credit is worse it can paralyze your business
grin grin and customer won't come to buy from the shop again lol

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Cti28(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2022
nairalee:
Too bad most Nigerians are like "Give me a loan and leave me alone"

Lol
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2022
rukz:
do I need otp code?
You sign up and login with your phone number.
So yes, you'll def need otp in case you forget your password
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Sified(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2022
freshboy31:
All these loan sharks apps dey put fear for my body
grin That's why you need to only patronize the few licensed ones in the country. Illegal apps will do you illegal things
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by JustMakeMoney(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2022
Rule I will never forget is Give out money in terms of loan only if u can forget about it when it fails to return. One thing that as helped me over this matter is continuous need of cash to fund my project, so even if I get to give I will remember me too need this money o! So I will just dash out few coins to please d Gods.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by rukz: 3:07pm On May 22, 2022
Sified:

You sign up and login with your phone number.
So yes, you'll def need otp in case you forget your password
I dont have access to my bank alert phone no.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by RepoMan007: 3:18pm On May 22, 2022
IyaTola:
Let me share my experience.
Last 3 months 3 persons close to me asked for soft loan, one promised to pay back after 2 weeks, another one promised to payback after 3 weeks, the other to pay by April ending. It was not easy but because their reasons looks genuine.
It is now the third weekend of May, none has paid back.
The one who promised April salary said he will pay when he collect salary. I am sure he has collected April salary.
The other who promised two weeks no longer chat or pick my calls.
The last the person said was that can't I dash him/her.

I have actually move on. Just that, they asked for loan and not gift. The painful thing is the one who is not talking to me.
I have lost money and a friend. If you lend money to a friend you either lose your money or friendship or both. In this case both are lost.
Summary: Never lend money you cannot forgo.
The economy is harsh right now. Many are borrowing with faith a miracle will happen before repayment date.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by pocohantas(f): 3:21pm On May 22, 2022
In this Buhari’s regime?
Things are very hard now o. Anybody that is being sincere to himself or herself wouldn’t even ask for a LOAN. They’ll ask for DASH. Because as this country choke now, the willingness to pay back might be there, but the capacity would be nonexistent.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Tonytonex(m): 3:22pm On May 22, 2022
Things are hard. They can't give what they don't have. Now, I can't loan somebody more than 5k. But country hard. If you get, show love. Dem no dey carry money go heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. / 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.