Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Share Your Loan Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Loan Experience (22477 Views)

Has Your Loan Debt Ever Been Forcefully Removed From Your Other Accounts Before? / From August 1, Your Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Funds In Other Banks / Fintech Apps: Share Your Loan Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Loan Experience by IyaTola: 12:42am On May 22, 2022
Let me share my experience.
Last 3 months 3 persons close to me asked for soft loan, one promised to pay back after 2 weeks, another one promised to payback after 3 weeks, the other to pay by April ending. It was not easy but because their reasons looks genuine.
It is now the third weekend of May, none has paid back.
The one who promised April salary said he will pay when he collect salary. I am sure he has collected April salary.
The other who promised two weeks no longer chat or pick my calls.
The last the person said was that can't I dash him/her.

I have actually move on. Just that, they asked for loan and not gift. The painful thing is the one who is not talking to me.
I have lost money and a friend. If you lend money to a friend you either lose your money or friendship or both. In this case both are lost.
Summary: Never lend money you cannot forgo.

155 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by DaBogu: 12:45am On May 22, 2022
That how I lost N 2.5 M to a very closed friend I have known years back. The painful part was how he even ignore my call or text but will kneel down to beg whenever I visit to show my Anger. It already 8 months I stop disturbing him and he never cared to even flash me. Na wa for Nigerians ooh

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by lavylilly: 12:56am On May 22, 2022
You should forget the money the very date it leaves your account.

A distance uncle begged me for loan to settle hospital bills of N850k. I told the Uncle I don't give loan as I wasn't bank, just gave them 400k to help settle the bill. I was the one that even call them to know if they have gotten the alert self after few days, which they confirmed to me. No thank you..�� Promised myself never to pick their calls anymore

224 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by IsellSmartTvs: 1:32am On May 22, 2022
Pple still have money to loan this days
If someone asks for loan,use that money to flex instead,atleast you enjoyed ur own money.
Money loaned are at owners risk,NO DASHING cool

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Rubyjade: 3:40am On May 22, 2022
grin
IsellSmartTvs:
Pple still have money to loan this days
If someone asks for loan,use that money to flex instead,atleast you enjoyed ur own money.
Money loaned are at owners risk,NO DASHING cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by zexy2030(m): 5:50am On May 22, 2022
lavylilly:
You should forget the money the very date it leaves your account.

A distance uncle begged me for loan to settle hospital bills of N850k. I told the Uncle I don't give loan as I wasn't bank, just gave them 400k to help settle the bill. I was the one that even call them to know if they have gotten the alert self after few days, which they confirmed to me. No thank you..�� Promised myself never to pick their calls anymore
Hi
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by arthurwillia(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2022
Hmmm just relax and read

My personal experience, I lent my friends babe 20k based on I take her as a sister so she can run a business then, to be returned in 3weeks, one month elapsed, she no gree, she now later called me that can she repay in bits, she paid 5k 3 times in 4weeks and later told me she has tried I should forgo the remaining 5k, I’m like na you go tell me what to forgo? It caused a dent in our talking and since then I no Dey lend person money again oo..

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by arthurwillia(m): 6:21am On May 22, 2022
My father’s experience, people are wicked fam.. just read

We have a family friend, we practically do things together, I and my siblings goes to same school as the other, same class and so on. My dad stood as a guarantor for them for a loan of about 2.5m then in his work place where he has been working for like 30years in 2012, these people opened a pure water factory and was doing well, unfortunately my dad got retired forcefully then in 2013 just about 2/3years to his retirement due to failing economy. The 2.5m was removed from his gratuity and pension. We were left with peanut. My family went from that to sorrow. After about 2 years when the deal elapsed, he went to meet this family friend, pay back this money.

They said they don’t have it, we started begging fr our money oo, my dad reported to their extended family and the family friend turn it to fight. That why are we reporting them here and there

The wife even threatened that if we take this to court, she will tell the court she’ll pay 10,k every month for the next couple of years till she pays finish and there’s nothing we can do.

It was so devastating, 3,4,5,6,7 years later still kept on begging, fighting, we stopped talking to each other, in between the wife bought a car rav4 Toyota 2007 and you claim you don’t have money to pay debt. This really angered my dad but there was nothing he could do. But God pushed us through those years oo.

Fortunately they had a change of heart this year and they paid half of the money this year, after we’ve suffered and they enjoyed, sent their first born out for masters.

Took them 9years to pay a loan they were supposed to pay in 2years and now my heart is hardened never to do that for anyone no matter who

Modified: thanks to all that empathized and sympathized.. I smiled Atleast, it’s all going good for us now. It really made my day I appreciate y’all

207 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by muyico(m): 6:38am On May 22, 2022
Fairmoney shuld b banned. My frnd borrowed money frm dey ha app.and dey keep disturbing me with daily text.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by emmanuelbrown26: 7:09am On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:
My father’s experience, people are wicked fam.. just read

We have a family friend, we practically do things together, I and my siblings goes to same school as the other, same class and so on. My dad stood as a guarantor for them for a loan of about 2.5m then in his work place where he has been working for like 30years in 2012, these people opened a pure water factory and was doing well, unfortunately my dad got retired forcefully then in 2013 just about 2/3years to his retirement due to failing economy. The 2.5m was removed from his gratuity and pension. We were left with peanut. My family went from that to sorrow. After about 2 years when the deal elapsed, he went to meet this family friend, pay back this money.

They said they don’t have it, we started begging fr our money oo, my dad reported to their extended family and the family friend turn it to fight. That why are we reporting them here and there

The wife even threatened that if we take this to court, she will tell the court she’ll pay 10,k every month for the next couple of years till she pays finish and there’s nothing we can do.

It was so devastating, 3,4,5,6,7 years later still kept on begging, fighting, we stopped talking to each other, in between the wife bought a car rav4 Toyota 2007 and you claim you don’t have money to pay debt. This really angered my dad but there was nothing he could do. But God pushed us through those years oo.

Fortunately they had a change of heart this year and they paid half of the money this year, after we’ve suffered and they enjoyed, sent their first born out for masters.

Took them 9years to pay a loan they were supposed to pay in 2years and now my heart is hardened never to do that for anyone no matter who
Sorry about the whole wahala, but before u even landed, i knew that a jezebeel would limit d agreement (wife of d man).
Imagine family friends of many years, seroent d learn work where women dey. Their is a possibility that your dad's friend wanted to pay but bcs of d jezebell of a wife, d friend started playing games. Could u even imagine what she said paying 10k every month out of 2.5 or so

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by AfroKnight: 7:45am On May 22, 2022
DaBogu:
That how I lost N 2.5 M to a very closed friend I have known years back. The painful part was how he even ignore my call or text but will kneel down to beg whenever I visit to show my Anger. It already 8 months I stop disturbing him and he never cared to even flash me. Na wa for Nigerians ooh

So he wants to eat the money just like that?

Sometimes I feel like I would never lend anyone money then one person who has been good to me would ask. And they always come after you’ve made some new money.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Emerald04(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2022
I loan my friend my babe for the night. Till date I no see the color of the girl pant again. Na their Lomotif and Tik tok videos I just dey see everytime for WhatsApp.

So heartbreaking. Had it bn I know it would turn out like this. Won’t have try that rubbish thing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Kobicove(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2022
I don't even want to remember the loans I gave out that was never paid back. sad

Never again!

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Joyrider404(f): 9:45am On May 22, 2022
Rule one about loan

Don't borrow friends money,no matter how close y'all are don't borrow them..rather dash them or tell them you don't have .... cause if you borrow to collect the money na wahala and that would break the friendship and you would lose ur money to

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by IyaTola: 10:21am On May 22, 2022
Joyrider404:
Rule one about loan

Don't borrow friends money,no matter how close y'all are don't borrow them..rather dash them or tell them you don't have .... cause if you borrow to collect the money na wahala and that would break the friendship and you would lose ur money to
True

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by nairalee(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2022
Too bad most Nigerians are like "Give me a loan and leave me alone"

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Traceybiz: 1:54pm On May 22, 2022
On God
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Naiira(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2022
Anytime I’m tempted to take loan, I go always sit down first, take a bottle of Heineken, reason the matta as e be - I really need am?

Las Las I go come realize say “easy is the road that lead to destruction.”

Still on still, I go “Enter through the narrow gate,” to secure my freedom and sanity.

Always strive: If them tell you say anything in life is easy, na setup.

46 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:55pm On May 22, 2022
K
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Hotzone(m): 1:56pm On May 22, 2022
I am feeling hurt....my south east is drenched in innocent blood

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Hellonearth: 1:56pm On May 22, 2022
DaBogu:

Me too. I lost 26billion to a friend. He borrowed and never paid back
Lolz

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Imustnottalk: 1:56pm On May 22, 2022
G
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by iCauseTrouble: 1:56pm On May 22, 2022
I really don't know why people borrow and find it difficult to pay back.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 22, 2022
It is a gamble and I don't gamble.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by GreatResearcher: 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
IyaTola:
Last 3 months 3 persons close to me asked for soft loan, one promised to pay back after 2 weeks, another one promised to payback after 3 weeks, the other to pay by April ending. It was not easy but because their reasons looks genuine.
The one who promised April salary said he will pay when he collect salary. I am sure he has collected April salary.

I have actually move on. Just that, they asked for loan and not gift. The painful thing is the one who is not talking to me.
I have lost money and a friend. If you lend money to a friend you either lose your money or friendship or both. In this case both are lost.
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by setobaba: 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
What I can’t forgo, I don’t lend to others including material things.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by ikcid: 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
Neither a lender no a borrower be.. Gaskia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Lonelyhrt1(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Solomonbature: 1:59pm On May 22, 2022
Someone use my card to borrow money from FCMB 20K I went to report they said I will be the one to pay. The money don reach 150k now.... Me am not paying anything I will just stop using the bank ��‍♂️

29 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Ballzproblemm: 1:59pm On May 22, 2022
IyaTola:

Nigerians are very wicked people,stop they loan them money !!! ,see I no one know whether you wan die. if you ask me for loan I no go give

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Passionate888: 1:59pm On May 22, 2022
grin
Re: Share Your Loan Experience by Jennifer89(f): 1:59pm On May 22, 2022
DaBogu:

Don't leave that money for him. Tell him you'll drag him online and post his picture

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why CBN Sacked First Bank Board — Emefiele (Full Text) / Tony Elumelu Hosts Akinwunmi Adesina And His Wife To Dinner / 7 Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.