Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! (8921 Views)

Look At 3 Places Your Woman Wants You To Touch In The Night But Won't Tell You / 10 Things That Sexually Entice Women But We Won't Tell You / Heartbreaking: Pharmacy Employee Shares The Saddest Experience Of His Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Lee99: 3:49am On May 25, 2022
IamV:

So, you're basically going to live a life where you will always have to keep convincing people that you're different despite having tattoos on your body ?
Not a life worth living.
That's dumb, most people don't give a hoot if I have a tattoo or not, the people I move with it's all about business, any right thinking human shouldn't care if you have a tattoo or not, it's not my fault that you Nigerians are backward savages
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Perfectbeing(m): 6:50am On May 25, 2022
Sndfrank:

Amplified version of Bible made it clear, it says:
"You shall not trim and round off the side-growth of [the hair on] your heads, nor mar the edges of your beard." — Lev 19:27

It means do not shave your hairs as pictures below.
So you mean those people are sinners? Include millions of Nigerians and pastors?

Anyway those are old testament laws of which they're are about 750 of them that plenty of us have broken and which have no effect on us Christians.
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Obi3icebaba(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2022
Konjiboii:

Even better,

Since you can do anything with your body
Since i can do anything i like with my body then sorry I don't like what you proposing so humbly fck off
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Obi3icebaba(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2022
Amaiyi13:
is like u draw abi

Yes I did, do you have a problem with that
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Daytrader1: 1:08pm On May 25, 2022
Op na werey grin i got 4 tattoos even one on my neck that's very visible but i don donate blood. The nurse wey attend to me see am she no complain so what's up?
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Daytrader1: 1:14pm On May 25, 2022
People who judge people with tattoos are mindless hypocrites lol that's a fact, we live in the 21st century how can tattoo be a problem? Lol even police no send u nd ur tattoo again. It's simply just body art, I've got a tattoo and i feel it's not enough i want MORE!
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Konjiboii: 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
Obi3icebaba:

Since i can do anything i like with my body then sorry I don't like what you proposing so humbly fck off

And you go sweet oh,with this your stubborn attitude, na to grease your yansh like pork
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Obi3icebaba(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2022
Konjiboii:

And you go sweet oh,with this your stubborn attitude, na to grease your yansh like pork

Dem go grease your yansh werey
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by LadyD22(f): 6:24pm On May 25, 2022
franchasofficia:
If you are not a celebrity making money from entertaining people, drawing tattoos on your body makes you look dirty and irresponsible to most people!

It becomes worst if you are a Nigerian living in Nigeria, that tattoo will devalue your worth before people, it will make Police and law enforcement agents prejudge you as a criminal even before you are found guilty of any crime.

It becomes even worst if you are a single female, your chances of finding responsible partner for committed relationship or marriage will become very slim. Even when you luckily get married, keeping the marriage becomes difficult because your MIL, ILs and everybody close to your husband prejudge you as a wayward woman not worthy of your husband, so any marital misunderstanding between you and your husband is blamed on you first before they even hear your side of the story.

And if you are a job seeker, your chances of securing a good paying job in a well established organization becomes almost impossible especially if your so called tattoo is visible.

Lastly, do you know that you cannot donate blood to anybody in case of emergency, which means if you eventually have a child or sibling or dear friend dying and in need of blood and your blood matches with his or hers, you cannot still donate to that person simply because you took an irrational decision to draw tattoos on your body which contaminates your blood.

So before you draw that tattoo on your body, ask yourself does it worth it? It doesn't worth the hype at all.

Remember nobody buys a Rolls Royce and use nail to scratch the body paint so that the Rolls Royce can become beautiful.

You are beautiful just the way you are, no amount of tattoos or piercings or makeup will make you prettier than you actually look, in fact, tattoos and piercings and some irrational fashion addons make you look dirty and unkempt if you are not a celebrity!

I agree with everything you said but omo I couldn't read the whole thing, I feel like it's something I will agree with grin
As much as I believe anyone can be or do whatever they want , our African society believes more in a person's appearance than in their substance , that's the thing some people fail to understand , if you want to be a criminal , dress like a nerd , Barb your hair like a church boy , wear clean simple clothes , you'd be the last person anyone suspects

But if you like Pierce your ears , tattoo everything , dye your hair , dread it , whether you're a Christian at heart , or you ydonate your kidney to the orphanage home , if something goes wrong you're the first suspect
Some companies won't hire you because of certain choices you make with your body

I personally wanted to get a tattoo on my shoulder and Pierce my nose but I really don't think it's worth it , Nigeria is still backwards , instead of being stubborn and getting angry , either learn to adapt to the rules or stay out of the system

If you plan on having any career that will lead to you meeting an employer , don't get that tattoo
If you plan on getting married , especially as a lady and you plan to Marry a black man , if you must get a tattoo , it should be in a hiding place
Whether anyone likes it or not , appearance plays a big role in our society ,the smart people should utilise that info , the stubborn ones should go ahead

Especially those Yahoo boys , they are so easy to spot , I was impressed with obinwanne Invictus , he was hiding in plain sight , a fraudster who maintained a clean appearance , he even entered Forbes , before he was caught
But you see those 6k dollar Yahoo boys and custard yellow girlfriends , even without knowing them you will just know them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by franchasofficia: 6:49pm On May 25, 2022
LadyD22:

I agree with everything you said but omo I couldn't read the whole thing, I feel like it's something I will agree with grin
As much as I believe anyone can be or do whatever they want , our African society believes more in a person's appearance than in their substance , that's the thing some people fail to understand , if you want to be a criminal , dress like a nerd , Barb your hair like a church boy , wear clean simple clothes , you'd be the last person anyone suspects

But if you like Pierce your ears , tattoo everything , dye your hair , dread it , whether you're a Christian at heart , or you ydonate your kidney to the orphanage home , if something goes wrong you're the first suspect
Some companies won't hire you because of certain choices you make with your body

I personally wanted to get a tattoo on my shoulder and Pierce my nose but I really don't think it's worth it , Nigeria is still backwards , instead of being stubborn and getting angry , either learn to adapt to the rules or stay out of the system

If you plan on having any career that will lead to you meeting an employer , don't get that tattoo
If you plan on getting married , especially as a lady and you plan to Marry a black man , if you must get a tattoo , it should be in a hiding place
Whether anyone likes it or not , appearance plays a big role in our society ,the smart people should utilise that info , the stubborn ones should go ahead

Especially those Yahoo boys , they are so easy to spot , I was impressed with obinwanne Invictus , he was hiding in plain sight , a fraudster who maintained a clean appearance , he even entered Forbes , before he was caught
But you see those 6k dollar Yahoo boys and custard yellow girlfriends , even without knowing them you will just know them
I was just laughing out loud reading your comment hahahahahaha, your closing part cheesy cheesy

You must be a happy lady from your write up shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by xperiencelove(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2022
OP is 100% correct.

Those abusing OP are just defending their body art and neglect the truth in the OP's writeup.

There is different between what I or you believe and what the world believes.

Stereotype is part of human nature and culture also differs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Jusphilip: 4:42am On May 26, 2022
franchasofficia:
If you are not a celebrity making money from entertaining people, drawing tattoos on your body makes you look dirty and irresponsible to most people!

It becomes worst if you are a Nigerian living in Nigeria, that tattoo will devalue your worth before people, it will make Police and law enforcement agents prejudge you as a criminal even before you are found guilty of any crime.

It becomes even worst if you are a single female, your chances of finding responsible partner for committed relationship or marriage will become very slim. Even when you luckily get married, keeping the marriage becomes difficult because your MIL, ILs and everybody close to your husband prejudge you as a wayward woman not worthy of your husband, so any marital misunderstanding between you and your husband is blamed on you first before they even hear your side of the story.

And if you are a job seeker, your chances of securing a good paying job in a well established organization becomes almost impossible especially if your so called tattoo is visible.

Lastly, do you know that you cannot donate blood to anybody in case of emergency, which means if you eventually have a child or sibling or dear friend dying and in need of blood and your blood matches with his or hers, you cannot still donate to that person simply because you took an irrational decision to draw tattoos on your body which contaminates your blood.

So before you draw that tattoo on your body, ask yourself does it worth it? It doesn't worth the hype at all.

Remember nobody buys a Rolls Royce and use nail to scratch the body paint so that the Rolls Royce can become beautiful.

You are beautiful just the way you are, no amount of tattoos or piercings or makeup will make you prettier than you actually look, in fact, tattoos and piercings and some irrational fashion addons make you look dirty and unkempt if you are not a celebrity!

Bitter truth.. nice bro

1 Like

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Sndfrank: 7:19am On May 26, 2022
Perfectbeing:
So you mean those people are sinners? Include millions of Nigerians and pastors?

Anyway those are old testament laws of which they're are about 750 of them that plenty of us have broken and which have no effect on us Christians.

Indeed those testament laws are valid and have effect on Christians. Even Jesus Christ made it clear that he came not to destroy the law.
Matthew 5:17 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Concerning pastors, many of them work for their own belly, they will not say the truth that is why you see them preaching prosperity all the time, they will not tell people to rigorously turn away from evil and sins.
And
Revelation 21:27 KJV: says
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh n abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Perfectbeing(m): 8:01am On May 26, 2022
Sndfrank:

Indeed those testament laws are valid and have effect on Christians. Even Jesus Christ made it clear that he came not to destroy the law.
Matthew 5:17 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Concerning pastors, many of them work for their own belly, they will not say the truth that is why you see them preaching prosperity all the time, they will not tell people to rigorously turn away from evil and sins.
And
Revelation 21:27 KJV: says
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh n abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
I want you to do research on the 613 mosaic laws (of which Lev 19:27 is part of) and see how many you've kept and how many you've broken.

Also read James 2:10, so you'd know that breaking just one commandment (which include the 10 commandments and the 613 Mosaic laws) means you've broken all the commandments.

Jesus came to die and fulfil all the laws for us so we won't need do them anymore but some over zealous Christians still feel that Jesus death isn't enough for and they need to do their own part.
This was the problem Paul had with Peter when he rebuked Peter for him (Peter) saying you need to be circumcised to be saved.

The only laws God expect you to keep are His Moral laws and not the Mosaic laws.
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Sndfrank: 2:13pm On May 26, 2022
Perfectbeing:
I want you to do research on the 613 mosaic laws (of which Lev 19:27 is part of) and see how many you've kept and how many you've broken.

Also read James 2:10, so you'd know that breaking just one commandment (which include the 10 commandments and the 613 Mosaic laws) means you've broken all the commandments.

Jesus came to die and fulfil all the laws for us so we won't need do them anymore but some over zealous Christians still feel that Jesus death isn't enough for and they need to do their own part.
This was the problem Paul had with Peter when he rebuked Peter for him (Peter) saying you need to be circumcised to be saved.

The only laws God expect you to keep are His Moral laws and not the Mosaic laws.

That's why Jesus says we should be perfect,
Matthew 5:48 KJV
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Perfectbeing(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2022
Sndfrank:

That's why Jesus says we should be perfect,
Matthew 5:48 KJV
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
I ask you again.. Have you kept the whole 613 mosaic laws?
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Sndfrank: 7:51pm On May 26, 2022
Perfectbeing:
I ask you again.. Have you kept the whole 613 mosaic laws?
We are praying that the LORD should make us perfect and to obey Him.
That's why for long now my prayer point has been from Ezekiel;
Ezekiel 36:25-27 KJV
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. [26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

1 Like

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Perfectbeing(m): 4:10am On May 27, 2022
Sndfrank:

We are praying that the LORD should make us perfect and to obey Him.
That's why for long now my prayer point has been from Ezekiel;
Ezekiel 36:25-27 KJV
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. [26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
That means you only keep the ones you can keep and pray for forgiveness for the ones you can never be able to keep.
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by effico(m): 5:32am On May 27, 2022
My girl friend of 2 years has multiple piercings, tattoos on her left arm, and dress seductively. After series of admonition to change her looks, nothing has worked. Planning to drop her this week.
Whether we like it or not, appearance matters. Let the few of us here keep deceiving ourselves that it does not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Blupen(m): 5:37am On May 27, 2022
Cashio:
Omo..baba that story long. The officers actually saw lighter and ritzler on the other guy and by implication of being the only one inside Keke with the guy, they concluded we were together(they were right tho, but I vehemently denied knowing the guy).
Seeing that the guy was poorly dressed and I appeared to dress better, they were sure to get me implicated so I would chest the billing that comes with the implication.
These men tried to handcuff me together with the guy and I refused, one of them slapped and kicked me to subdue me but I didn't give in. It was then they asked us to enter their vehicle and I also refused. They tried to force me into the car and I still nor gree. After a few dragging, two of them had to calmly tell me to enter the vehicle Since actually I had nothing to fear. I had to enter finally but I never agreed to be cuffed with the bastard that was wandering about with lighter and ritzler.
so you denied knowing your friend?
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by chinwong(m): 5:47am On May 27, 2022
Does me having a tattoo on my arm make me a bad child Nope it doesn’t.

Do what pleases you but before you do, know what you’re doing. Simple
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Cashio(m): 6:56am On May 27, 2022
Blupen:
so you denied knowing your friend?
not necessarily my friend. I don't smoke and rarely even drink.
The guy was helping us find an apartment around their estate, so he came to the house and me, not really comfortable with him in the house decided we should go to a bar close by and talk about the house matter since my guy who knows him was not around.....Na so I enter gbese oo.

1 Like

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Blupen(m): 7:31am On May 27, 2022
Cashio:
The guy was helping us find an apartment around their estate, so he came to the house and me, not really comfortable with him in the house decided we should go to a bar close by and talk about the house matter since my guy who knows him was not around.....Na so I enter gbese oo.
lolzz that's when you applied "all man for him self " strategy
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Nobody: 7:36am On May 27, 2022
Cashio:

You are the type of guys friends should avoid in life. You can also betray your friends to avoid trouble.

See how you deny someone helping you.
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Cashio(m): 8:19am On May 27, 2022
Okonandmary:

You are the type of guys friends should avoid in life. You can also betray your friends to avoid trouble.

See how you deny someone helping you.
Na mumu u be...shebi if dem catch am with gun make I still claim say I know am...a guy was caught with exhibits, which I was not aware of and police insisted we were together just to rope me in and you say I shouldn't have denied knowing him?
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Cashio(m): 8:22am On May 27, 2022
Blupen:
lolzz that's when you applied "all man for him self " strategy
imakwa...dat crazy period before end SARS when police were on rampage everywhere....guy was crazy to be walking about with ritzler upandan. If dat niggah had a gun on him, I wouldn't have known.

1 Like

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by sunkieisland(m): 8:43am On May 27, 2022
This is the kind of unbiased, objective post that should make frontpage. The OP didn't directly fault people with tattoos, he just pointed out the disadvantages one might experience for having a tattoo.

Straight to the point and Objectively delivered

NICE ONE OP. wink wink
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Blupen(m): 8:56am On May 27, 2022
Cashio:
imakwa...dat crazy period before end SARS when police were on rampage everywhere....guy was crazy to be walking about with ritzler upandan. If dat niggah had a gun on him, I wouldn't have known.
lolzz sounds like my kind of person, we way dey smoke rizler and sparks always dey with us
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Nobody: 10:27am On May 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And that's dumb.. people who have this kinda moniker are known to be mindless.. typical example of stereotype..
Stop being emotional and think about what he’s saying. Everyone judges a book by its cover until you get to know the real person.
There are very few people who will look past a person’s appearance.
Stop pretending you’re any different.
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Nobody: 10:30am On May 27, 2022
Lee99:

You wrote absolute bullsh*t lmao, I have a tattoo and I donated blood last year when my sis had an operation stop talking rubbish you know nothing about, having a tattoo doesn't make you less human or a bad person, it's just body art my girlfriend has tattoos and I would marry her someday so yeah, stop talking like an uneducated person. Thanks
He’s not saying that you’re bad because you have a tattoo.

He’s saying most people automatically will think you’re a bad person at first glance before thinking any other thing. Stop throwing the word ‘uneducated’ about.

Because if you read properly without emotion like an educated person, you would’ve known he’s teaching about the dangers of stereotypes. No matter how accepted you wish it was, human beings will STILL stereotype you as different for having a tattoo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:31am On May 27, 2022
Bobmarie:
Stop being emotional and think about what he’s saying. Everyone judges a book by its cover until you get to know the real person.
There are very few people who will look past a person’s appearance.
Stop pretending you’re any different.
Common..now is not the time... undecided
Re: The Saddest Truth People Won't Tell You About Tattoo! by Cashio(m): 11:09am On May 27, 2022
Blupen:
lolzz sounds like my kind of person, we way dey smoke rizler and sparks always dey with us
it's very risky man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Hanks Wooed The Girls In His Faculty [pilot] / How A Girl Landed Me A Hot Slap / How To Become A Millionaire [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.