Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,878 members, 7,956,318 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK (47956 Views)

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Lazbourne007: 8:03pm On May 27, 2022
frowland:

Ask people like Davido.

Lol... Are you in the same financial level with him?

#Joker

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by frowland(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2022
Lazbourne007:

Lol... Are you in the same financial level with him?

#Joker

Everyone isn’t like you either’
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Hizzojay(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2022
Munamoqel:
kindly state all for weekly expense too . Tax housing insurance .na 300 dollars will be left .

Baba, for the avoidance of doubt, I net in an average of $2k Monthly (after all bills are paid for both home and abroad) and I’m currently doing odd jobs. I don’t have to give you details. My finances is my personal business. That being an average doesn’t mean that’s what I have left every other month.

I have guys here in the US that even make more than I do. I’m doing less all because of schooling. Imagine when I have the time to commit myself to full time hustling or when I finally get an office job after school.

The best entry to the US is via F1 student visa, it paves the way easily for you. You get your socials quickly and opportunities are abundant via the means (F1 visa). And that’s what makes the US more profitable to migrate to, than the UK, hence they always deny lots of people visas and/or entry into the country at the port of entry.

Just so you know, the reason(s) why most people tell you that they earn paltry sums like the $300 you mention, after all bills are paid, is just so you won’t disturb them too much to send you naira (that’s if you’re the type that look forward to seeking such). Nah only lazy guys for here dey complain say them no dey always get money; rather make them work, then wan they flex all the time. Forgetting that there is time for everything.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Hizzojay(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2022
charles009:

Thank you.

Let's talk more privately...will contact you shortly.

Feel free to contact me. I’ll be glad to give you tips on how best you can proceed.

PS: I also run admissions for people seeking school means. All fees are paid by yourself.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Ibime(m): 8:41pm On May 29, 2022
sukkot:
TOO MUCH VAWULENCE cheesy . anyway you know to say that you are a high income earner in the UK MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. because high income earner in the UK starts at 40k per annum but truly 40k is nothing after they remove tax and rent and council tax etc etc. and speaking of basic amenties in the UK to be honest with you unless you are just a sickler who needs the NHS all the time,, i dont see any special basic amenities in the UK. as per 300 per clothes weekly you cant understand it because you dont have 4 growing children who need to upgrade school unform and house clothes and pajamas all the time. E GET WHY OYINBO PEOPLE DEY ONLY BORN 1 PIKIN, ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE CHLDREN, CHLDREN ARE EXPENSIVE N THE UK. as per the MOT alright a slight exagerration but its only a 9 pound exaggeriation. 9 pounds is nothing. also consider the tv license a slight exagerration. however keep in mind i didnt even mention income tax and phone line for 4 children and so that guy wth his 4 kids in order to be slightly above poverty line has to earn before taxes about 1500 pounds a week aka 6000 a month aka 4.8 million naira a month. if he earns less than this ? he is in the poverty category and it will be a life of struggles

Oga who dey spend £300 per week on clothes in UK. Is he Hushpuppi?

Baba Jedisco, you get strength oh

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by FrankTalk1: 1:04am On Jun 06, 2022
sukkot:
but brother do you know that you have destroyed your life ? how

You sound like the YouTuber Frankleen �

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by KOVIC19COVID20: 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
Advision:

the challenge is most nigerians dont have the right info when they arrive and learn by trial and error. The indians and chinese tend to support each other way better. I have been a victim of Nigerians keeping away from each other and leaving everyone to fend for themselves with new immigrants having to struggle to learn the ropes

Even basic things like interview ethics that apply here, I have had to learn by trial and error.

true
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Advision: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
KOVIC19COVID20:

true

could not respond to your PM. Your email wasn't registered as valid.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Trust me, most who go back to Nigeria complaining didn’t move back by choice.
You and Justwise present strong points and I advise anyone to be suspicious of people who complain about the developed countries they moved to.
If you visit any Nigerians here in the US (my paternal side included) you hear them complaining to family in Naija about bills and how hard things are then the moment they disconnect the call, they jump right back to loving and enjoying their new life.
The majority of people who complain aren’t legal and don’t have papers, are lazy, don’t want family back in Naija to ask for help migrating, or ask for money.

Real question: why do these monikers act like bills and taxes are curses and everyone abroad works around the clock, living a hard life of struggle? A nice, comfortable lifestyle costs and we enjoy the amenities funded with our taxes. Savings and investments are priorities to me but what good does having large amounts of money saved serve in an unsanitary, uncomfortable, and dangerous environment where one encounter can wipe savings dry? Serves no good at all.
White Americans are complaining of inflation. But this third class citizen is claiming to enjoy her debt-filled life grin

Yet she belongs to the group with the lowest average income in America, literally the bottom of the barrel there. Statistics even show that over 80% of you live paycheck to paycheck and have no money to save grin

That’s why she wants to die put on nairaland. It’s the only place she can lord over anyone as America would swiftly remind her where she stands grin

Anyway, hope you’re planning ahead for your nursing home retirement grin
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2022
Aguogba:

Like you, I left a nice paying job and moved abroad via same acada pathway. A simple piece of advice from me to you is as follows; " you do not make this move for yourself. It is for your children and their children's children." They'll always be thankful that you made the move as they're gonna have a better footing in life. Good luck!
Yes!
By joining Black Lives Matter

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 17, 2022
Evolutionlove:

And their next motherfvcker king of zombies will be elected soon to make It N1000 to 1$. It's Just a matter of time. You see the real Issue Is most of "The Elite, The Wealthy, The Rich & Well To Do" will never talk ill about this Hellhole because they are benefitting. Most of these people are those people whom you will see come on thread like this and start saying shiiithole Is good and heaven, I can never live at abroad this and that blablabla. They are so used to their EVIL & CHEATING WAYS. In normal & sane nations. Most average Citizens must not have up to 50Million In their account, What do one wants to do with such money for God sake, One nonentity having such money Is the reason for the Wide Spread Poverty. But here you will see An Average shitholians having over 50million In their account. When you ask them how they got the money, You will hear Na God ooo, After destroying other peoples life and denied them their own happiness. Awon eleribu ika ole..
Ehya! This one is so angry.
I pray you finally get an opportunity to afford visa because from all your comments, poverty don finish you
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Aguogba(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
[quote author=ishit4bodyy post=113884583]Yes!
By joining Black Lives Matter [/q I wonder when the US became synonymous with relocation abroad.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Aguogba(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
ishit4bodyy:
Yes!
By joining Black Lives Matter
When did moving abroad become synonymous to living in the USA?.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by U1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
psylliumhusk1:
How about someone who makes $15/hr working 40hrs a week freelancing and has a potential to double the income in a year by getting more certifications. Is migration still a good idea?

Please could you give a hint of the area you freelance in? Thanks.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by chisimdili1986: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Madam you don’t have money to travel, that’s why you are here discouraging others. Like if they give you free visa and ticket you won’t collect.

Klass99:

There is nothing misleading about it. Someone has shared a personal experience about her life and time in the UK. It is left for people to make of it, what they want. They can use the info or her experience to help them make an informed decision on their japa plans and destinations.

You can watch it, then decide to stay back, move or reroute your destination. The choice and final decision always lies with an individual and the OP is seeking other people's views on his japa plans. I only pointed him to views of people with actual diaspora experience, how many of us commenting here have lived abroad? I haven't o, so let me direct him to those who have.

And when you say few individuals, I wonder if you read most of the comments below her video. I didn't listen to Juliet's tale alone, I read other people's views and experiences too. But make I rest, I am not here to argue on someone's thread, just passing on info and sharing knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by chisimdili1986: 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2022
It if is a little bit rosy at all, it is good than being in Nigeria where there is no rose at all.

Flipmac:

Off point.

The point is, things are not as rosy as people think. You'd understand if you've ever lived abroad. Until then, none of this will make sense to you.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Raalsalghul: 12:36am On Jul 29, 2022
Raalsalghul:

What pisses me of about threads like this is that there's always a reference to the Op's current earning power: in this case 600k.

Last I checked, 1 dollar = 600 naira, so the Op is currently earning 1k dollars monthly which in itself is not bad but to put things in context :at this same time last year, it was about 1200 dollars.

Common sense dictates that there's a reason to be worried and so many other variables should be looked into apart from earning power.

I remember when I made this post, dollar was 600, now it's 700 naira.

You always have to expect things to get worse in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Is This Not A Form Of Slavery? / Pls, Is This Interview Real??????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.