Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK (46816 Views)

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Odunayaw(m): 2:58pm On May 24, 2022
The biggest problems of all marketers is...

Before I share what I am about to say

Have you been in a situation where you run ads (Whatsapp, FB) to generate leads for the products. Perhaps you funneled them into a free class.

You over delivered in your class and as usual 1% is the hot audience that bought.

What do you do with the remaining?

I'm sure you started updating posts. Some to induce fear, some motivate.

If you have been doing that? How soon do you run out of ideas on how to follow up?

What if I told you there is a strategy to produce fresh content every day of the week and a month. With minimal stress on your part. Using the power of artificial intelligence.

Join me in my class as i expose this tool
https:///JIRe8bAh0rE4SOrCBawnxM
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by abobote: 2:59pm On May 24, 2022
Yes, japa
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by maclatunji: 2:59pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

I need una inputs, I tried scanning through nairaland threads and I am getting more of technicalities and rules lol. I need real experiences. As everybody around me dey japa so I decided to give it a thought. I work with a fintech company and net a little over =N=600k monthly. I am considering relocating to either UK,Germany,New Zealand, Australia or Canada. I am married with four kids. They said study route is the best .

A few of my colleagues that travelled just dey dull my ginger. My Oga who nets over 750k, we spoke today and he is considering a security man job, and claims net pay is over 2M monthly. Biko I cannot come and kill myself.

My friend, we spoke this evening and he responded oboy make I no lie you, na shit i dey pack for here, the good news is they say it will always get better with time. What if person no come eventually become citizen, is it a must you go become citizen.

I don talk to over 10 persons today and they all saying everything is though. Me I don't like stress, where me and wify go dey overwork just dey pay bills. Ofcourse I no get strength for menial jobs, make one oyibo use me take dey shine lol....

I no get any exceptional skill, I be sales man ooo.

Would you advise I still gamble and go with family abi make I hold my job oooo.

Please, I would welcome suggestions and advise.

Thanks Guys

Make your money in Nigeria, travel the world on vacation. The idea of Japa is external to you not internal. This means you want to use other people's trajectory to run your life- recipe for disaster.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Ibraheemmawa(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

I need una inputs, I tried scanning through nairaland threads and I am getting more of technicalities and rules lol. I need real experiences. As everybody around me dey japa so I decided to give it a thought. I work with a fintech company and net a little over =N=600k monthly. I am considering relocating to either UK,Germany,New Zealand, Australia or Canada. I am married with four kids. They said study route is the best .

A few of my colleagues that travelled just dey dull my ginger. My Oga who nets over 750k, we spoke today and he is considering a security man job, and claims net pay is over 2M monthly. Biko I cannot come and kill myself.

My friend, we spoke this evening and he responded oboy make I no lie you, na shit i dey pack for here, the good news is they say it will always get better with time. What if person no come eventually become citizen, is it a must you go become citizen.

I don talk to over 10 persons today and they all saying everything is though. Me I don't like stress, where me and wify go dey overwork just dey pay bills. Ofcourse I no get strength for menial jobs, make one oyibo use me take dey shine lol....

Thanks Guys
japa na but remember that no place like home.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Kingray10: 3:00pm On May 24, 2022
E be Like say ona they come troll person for this nairalannd. No jakpa stay. Mitcheeeew.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by nedekid: 3:02pm On May 24, 2022
Bros, plan well for the japa, send your wife to go do some course in nursing, even you sef, while you keep your 600k work and save money.
Plan it for like 2 years before you japa.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by tempex88(m): 3:02pm On May 24, 2022
I am also in your shoes. I have a thriving car business although sales dull this period and also in employment.

However, trigger for Japa for me are;

1. Nigeria's Security Situation: Imagine God forbid, a family member is kidnapped and you cough N5m ransom or Nigeria happens to you like it has done to most people....bad roads, healthcare etc.

2. Nigeria's economic situation: The truth is there is no light in the end of the tunnel. Lets think this through, has there ever been improvement in Leadership? if the next President enters in 2023, he will do another 8 years. Imagine going through these uncertainties for another eight years

And personally am ready to do care giver job with stable security and economic situation than continue with the uncertainties around this cou try.
Hopefully things improve in 9ja sha......but this hope don dey since dem born me.

In a friend words " No big man in Nigeria". The Only big men in Nigeria are people that have not experienced Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by na2016: 3:02pm On May 24, 2022
Being honest to you, remain in Naija with your 600k job. That's still a lot. You can send your wife and kids to Canada for education and when things normalises, you can join them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by abobote: 3:02pm On May 24, 2022
Wizkhalifa2:
i'ld advice you keep your job for now while you relocate your family.
Worse advice. Op kindly ignore this

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by harmony75: 3:07pm On May 24, 2022
If you don't want insult of oyibo Learn a skill before going apart from the jobs you get! The traveling is good even for your children university education.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by VenumX: 3:07pm On May 24, 2022
Nizoorians have now become slaves in their own land. Obodo oyibo land dey sweet pass to dem...even if na sh1t dem dey clean, make dem at least see oyibo. Na achievement to them. grin

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by CSTRR: 3:07pm On May 24, 2022
Try and leave if you can.

Don't wait till tinubu becomes your president.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by colerado(m): 3:07pm On May 24, 2022
Hmm..
The earlier you start your migration journey , the better… esp for your kids
600 k in Nigeria is not a guarantee..
Forget what people do oversee .. Everyman got his own Fate

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Pierce008: 3:08pm On May 24, 2022
A friend's brother that travelled to UK on study Visa last year is back in Nigeria . Dude kept complaining of working just to pay bills. It is not easy to stay in the uk, so much bills to pay. I would rather you channel your relocation plan to other countries like Canada or Australia.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by madza: 3:09pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys
My candid advise is that it is natural to be adventurous, however, if you could establish a business with your wife and let her train the kids for a while in Nigeria while you go on studies abroad and find your ground there while you study before thinking of moving them all. The world is a nice place if we pay attention to first things first. Your family is more important than your pay. Once you fix them going well in your absence you are good to go. You haven't prepared a place there to move your family at once, think of apartment, feeding, health, children's school fees, medicals etc
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by frowland(m): 3:09pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys

Someone left for UK with his family just recently. His net pay with Dangote was 500k+- including allowance and all.

Now he is doing a security job in UK and his take home is 1.3m thereabouts.
But something interesting is now his concern, which is cost of living.
Income is just enough for the family but that’s just about it.

Most of the pictures you see them post on Instagram aren't the reality and are likely taken on posh locations and malls just to flatter.

The life in UK is not adviceable for someone who want to hustle - Canada or Australia is good for such ambition.

Slave abroad or king in your country? It's your choice. Think it well.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Savage8563: 3:10pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys
sorry to ask , why didn't you add USA to your list ?
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by jacobnel(m): 3:10pm On May 24, 2022
What you need to ask yourself,the place you're base in Nigeria,is it safe, I will advise you to relocate alone first maybe after 6months or 1 yr when you settle down you can ask your family to come and join you. If you're relocating , don't relocate to UK, you can try USA, Canada, Germany or Switzerland but not UK.

charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by cocolacec(m): 3:11pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys
Why dont you try emigrating to Canada on a PErmanent Residence?
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by CSTRR: 3:11pm On May 24, 2022
Ibraheemmawa:
japa na but remember that no place like home.
Your country has just been delisted from the lists of emerging markets.
The mal administration is chronic. And it will only get worse.

It's like you don't realise home is no longer home.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Deicide: 3:12pm On May 24, 2022
They say they are packing shìt as if the shìt it's their hand they using to pack it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 24, 2022
600k monthly, with children, omo bros go for family planning first. don't relocate except theres job offer waiting for you.

u should make abroad a tourist destination or holiday center for u and ur family, work hard when ur children grown up send them abroad to school there.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Iamyemmie: 3:13pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys
Go Canada easier to get papers
People do it and get permanent residence on getting there
Depends on your agent
And you dey tech sef
So job dey

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by abobote: 3:13pm On May 24, 2022
justwise:

The difference between paying tax abroad and tax free Nigeria is the reason you want to leave Nigeria.
Some of the things you enjoy abroad are tax payers money
But in Nigeria, the few taxes hands up in the stomach of few.
I left Nigeria in 2016, I came back in January to carry my wife and 3kids. The difference between Nigeria and other countries is very wide. If you have any opportunity to leave Nigeria, a country without law, simply do and stop discouraging others

14 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by queenfav(f): 3:13pm On May 24, 2022
This was my situation last month or so.I and my husband analysed this issue well and decided it wasn't for us.We will hustle here so we can afford to send our kids abroad to school there.

Personally,I decided i will remain here in Naija.Nigeria is sweet if you know how to make good money legitimately.Forget am!That japa thing is good for people without anything reasonable here or People who just love to live abroad.

I am a Boss here in Nigeria,living a very comfy life without stressing myself to dress up and go anywhere in the name of work before i make money.Ask yourself why Dangote,Adenuga and Otedola haven't relocated permanently.All they do is visit and come back to Naija.They know they can't make the money they get in Naija anywhere else in the world.

I stay home 24 hrs and make over 1m monthly
in profit from my business, business coaching and Dropshipping system.Where i wan see this kind soft stressfree life abroad?

if i leave Naija to japa,i will definitely regret it!I am not up for starting from scratch.My take is that if you are comfortable here,chill o...You can go for vacation to relax.Abroad hustle isn't for everyone..

Make person no come go use im hand subscribe to modern day slavery!I can't live my sure bird in hand to look for 10 million in the bush..The grass isn't always greener!

I have relatives abroad so i know how it goes there..Many there don't have 10 million naira cash in the bank.They are living from paycheck to paycheck.Wheras People in Nigeria can afford to save 50m or more to pay in full for a house or car.Just think it through sha.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by IgweBUIKE1(m): 3:13pm On May 24, 2022
Klass99:

There is nothing misleading about it. Someone has shared a personal experience about her life and time in the UK. It is left for people to make of it, what they want. They can use the info or her experience to help them make an informed decision on their japa plans and destinations.

You can watch it, then decide to stay back, move or reroute your destination. The choice and final decision always lies with an individual and the OP is seeking other people's views on his japa plans. I only pointed him to views of people with actual diaspora experience, how many of us commenting here have lived abroad? I haven't o, so let me direct him to those who have.

And when you say few individuals, I wonder if you read most of the comments below her video. I didn't listen to Juliet's tale alone, I read other people's views and experiences too. But make I rest, I am not here to argue on someone's thread, just passing on info and sharing knowledge.
my cousin is doing very very fine with over 5 houses in UK and so many others here

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Popemax(m): 3:14pm On May 24, 2022
I'm in the UK working as a dependent and is full time getting up to 700pds every week....as a student u have a specific hrs u can work....my brother japa is the best if u have a sure way.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Igwejp: 3:14pm On May 24, 2022
I can see that you are playing with fire. For you to have 4 kids, you are not in your 20s or early 30s. Plan your life with that 600k because your destination(UK) is the worse choice if you want to relocate as a student....think again before you make the worse mistake of your entire life. Most people living abroad who don't want to return home have nothing to show after probably after such a long time away from home and also serious credit and bank loan debts...
Think ooooooooooooooh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 24, 2022
You and your family are going there as illegal immigrants.An illlegal immigrant doesn't have a stable resident.You will be hiding from law enforcement agencies if your visa expires.You won't be able to get employed because you don't have a work permit.What you will be doing is packing trash in the streets and begging passersby for alms.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by madza: 3:16pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys
My candid advise is that it is natural to be adventurous, however, if you could establish a business with your wife and let her train the kids for a while in Nigeria while you go on studies abroad and find your ground there while you study before thinking of moving them all. The world is a nice place if we pay attention to first things first. Your family is more important than your pay. Once you fix them going well in your absence you are good to go. You haven't prepared a place there to move your family at once, think of apartment, feeding, health, children's school fees, medicals etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by moshino(m): 3:17pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys

If you don't have strength for menial jobs, then stay where you are. With a wife, 4 kids and no special skills, you will need to be working at least 16 hours of menial jobs to survive. And you will need a resident permit or work permit, how do you plan to get that with your wife and 4 kids?

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Felabrity: 3:17pm On May 24, 2022
You still dey ask

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate / FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA RECRUITMENT FOR GRADUATE TRAINEES / NPOWER Released New Test Assessment Date (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.