Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,141 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am (5844 Views)

A Lady Saw Her Long Time Friend Insane And Did This To Him. / Men, Share 3 Words You Like To Hear More Than "I Love You" / Lady Exposes Her Best Friend Who Has Been Having Sex With Her Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by tayo60(f): 2:06pm On May 24, 2022
Stupidquestions:

Are you sure? Cos I have not seen one single person who made anything close to positive remark....
I have typed the story..but I'm sceptical about posting for further backlash, even though I've tried to fine-tune it countless times...to make it readable
Always write in a layman's English if you wanna pass across an info for proper understanding by your audience. U can write grammar when sitting for a Cambridge exam.
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 2:14pm On May 24, 2022
tayo60:
Always write in a layman's English if you wanna pass across an info for proper understanding by your audience. U can write grammar when sitting for a Cambridge exam.
I don't think there are difficult words in the write up for anyone who attended higher institution and passed GES/GST....Anyway, I get the message, however, it will do you great good if you can also expand your vocabulary bank because it's obviously poor for someone who went to higher institution with degree.

Unless you are a secondary schl drop out.
Thanks for your input anyway
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by richfriendsng: 2:24pm On May 24, 2022
Op I must tell you the truth, I used to speak more grammar than you , I am a graduate of English language, what you did here is what we call "violation of maxim's law". My dear right now, I don Park those grammar dey pursue money. Too much grammar in this kind of economy can get you mobbed someday grin stay safe. Leave grammar for now

6 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by tayo60(f): 2:30pm On May 24, 2022
Stupidquestions:

I don't think there are difficult words in the wrote up for anyone who attended higher institution and passed GES/GST....Anyway, I get the message, however, it will do you great good if you can also expand your vocabulary bank... because it's obviously poor for someone who went to higher institution with degree. Unless you are a secondary schl drop out.
When reading a script or story, you want to quickly read, digest and maybe comment, but in a situation whereby one needs to first understand d meaning of any vocabulary being used in the script will make anyone looses interest in reading further. As a writer, your writings should be something understandable, even by someone who is a SSCE holder. U write to pass out information, and not to show your audience the credibility of your writing. Shalom!

7 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 3:03pm On May 24, 2022
richfriendsng:
Op I must tell you the truth, I used to speak more grammar than you , I am a graduate of English language, what you did here is what we call "violation of maxim's law". My dear right now, I don Park those grammar dey pursue money. Too much grammar in this kind of economy can get you mobbed someday grin stay safe. Leave grammar for now
funny. Sha....
Even though I don't understand what you all mean by grammar, for real, I don't see those words as difficult at all.......they are not even high sounding strange words......apart from some of my long sentence and failing to go straight to the point I can't see any grammar with the write up o cheesy shocked
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 3:04pm On May 24, 2022
tayo60:
When reading a script or story, you want to quickly read, digest and maybe comment, but in a situation whereby one needs to first understand d meaning of any vocabulary being used in the script will make anyone looses interest in reading further. As a writer, your writings should be something understandable, even by someone who is a SSCE holder. U write to pass out information, and not to show your audience the credibility of your writing. Shalom!
Not all story have the same purpose and difficulty level.
If u can't comprehend this, ur vocab bank is poor and ur sentence construction is as basic as junior secondary schl grad
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by MrBachelor: 3:15pm On May 24, 2022
Stupidquestions:

I don't think there are difficult words in the wrote up for anyone who attended higher institution and passed GES/GST....

... because it's obviously poor for someone who went to higher institution with degree. Unless you are a secondary schl drop out.

So are you writing strictly for those in higher institution and passed GES/GST, or for a general audience?

You've been constructively criticized by some, what you ought to do is take the criticism with good humour rather than this subtle insult.

3 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 3:21pm On May 24, 2022
MrBachelor:

So are you writing strictly for those in higher institution and passed GES/GST, or for a general audience?

You've been constructively criticized by some, what you ought to do is take the criticism with good homour rather than this subtle insult.
Nairaland audience is majorly an audience of poly and Uni graduate....uni grad are actually more in my opinion.
Secondary schl are very few
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by ruggedtimi(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2022
After all your grammar you still no fit spell "hierarchy"

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 3:26pm On May 24, 2022
ruggedtimi:
After all your grammar you still no fit spell "hierarchy"
Hmmm....dat word can actually confuse sometimes... Meanwhile, that's the reason proofreaders or editors exist to correct occasional spelling or grammar slips.
Thanks for pointing it out...I just checked by dictionary to confirm the spelling

1 Like

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by tayo60(f): 3:51pm On May 24, 2022
Stupidquestions:

Nairaland audience is majorly an audience of poly and Uni graduate....uni grad are actually more in my opinion.
Secondary schl are very few
U are very wrong with this.

1 Like

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 4:01pm On May 24, 2022
tayo60:
U are very wrong with this.
Give your reasons.
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by paddock: 4:45pm On May 24, 2022
[/color] You hava actually said nothing! cool[color=#000000] You hava actually said nothing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Lukaku12: 5:12pm On May 24, 2022
What is the essence of communication when you do not pass information? The best form of communication is by using simple terms especially when you are addressing a large audience of both the illiterate, semi literate and literate..so in all this, bro you haven’t communicated

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Soulsymbol99: 5:33pm On May 24, 2022
WatchYourSix:
You for don get money pass this but your grammar too mush...

..people wey dey yarn too mush grammar too dey over think matter.
..over thinkers no dey take risk..
..people wey no dey take risk no dey blow..

grin

Aswear! The guy own 2 much. I know his type grin he probably thought he would be doing better than the friend cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by realestate99: 5:37pm On May 24, 2022
I don't know you neither do I know your friend but with that epistle you wrote, you deserve whatever your friend did to you......I rise !!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Jii95: 5:44pm On May 24, 2022
I knew the whole blab was heading nowhere but I enjoyed your choice of words.
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Moneyboyz: 6:12pm On May 24, 2022
Nigga dey form, I bet no one finished this your Cambridge essay.

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by confidant: 7:11pm On May 24, 2022
@ OP. Na this write up make money Dey runaway from you. Money can’t comprehend your English. You can take this to the bank. Make money in simple terms!

3 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by ukaface(f): 7:40pm On May 24, 2022
I got confused along the line.
What's the summary please?

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Connected1: 12:26am On May 25, 2022
OP dae mad

What's the point of all these grammars.

You dae pay us money to read am?

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2022
OP your problem is ITK, despite the feedbacks from your supposed audience. But no, you want to show you not only have wings but colorful ones.

I wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Mattwillz: 11:05am On May 25, 2022
Na so you take speak grammar until your friend come pass you..e shock you abi
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2022
Stupidquestions:

Are you sure? Cos I have not seen one single person who made anything close to positive remark....
I have typed the story..but I'm sceptical about posting for further backlash, even though I've tried to fine-tune it countless times...to make it readable
just make it simple,we go read am.
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Chidi2022: 12:43pm On May 25, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
OP your problem is ITK, despite the feedbacks from your supposed audience. But no, you want to show you not only have wings but colorful ones.

I wish you well.
You dey mind am? He get head but he no get brain.

3 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by satandeterrible: 2:04pm On May 25, 2022
Mek una no dey reply that idiot again.
Moderators should close down this thread immediately.
Allow that jobless guy to get a life.
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Tommy6000: 11:27am On May 26, 2022
Well... Even the most profound authors we've come to know over the years of reading literature, have always used basic simple language to communicate with their audience, understanding that the level of our understanding cannot be as high as theirs.

And yeah that's what make them literary geniuses.

You've successfully wasted an idea that could have caught a lot of interest if written as a story, because you were more interested in showing how large your English vocabulary was.

Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Eyiwunmi33(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2022
Stupidquestions:
While on the whole issue we still diplomatically tried to find a nonexistent common-ground, for my poise and carefree disposition anyway, just to continue our usual camaraderie and friendly banter. However the experience had already etched its mark on where I would place him in the heirrarcchy of friendship and how I will forever relate with him.

Not that I was naive or have a huge expectation of people in general, I was only disappointed because my benefit of doubt about a long time friend was abruptly shattered. To be frank though, in my usual way of quickly letting go or excusing people's misdemeanor because I fancy myself as one who understands human behavior and the whys of their motives, I sort of process the whole encounter like some trifles.

After he dropped me off and pulled off, I immediately, instinctly wanted to open the car and dash home, cos obviously the time was gone at 10pm, he drew me back into the car and joked about why I was rushing home without sitting back to exchange trivial gist. We truly do enjoy each other's company and yappings the very occasional time we had met after our separation in secondary school. So, we gisted for another 20 mins on random stuff, giggled and finally separated at last.
I honestly have relegated the whole encounter buried somewhere else deep within my cortex, even forgetten it I had thought, until i woke up around 4am and left surprised the whole earlier friction was creeping back to the surface to torment my sensibility.

In that thoughtfully ruffled state the best way to process this thought was to write on the incident pestering my emotions in a way of refining and dealing with the flashbacks.

I began to write. I had written way beyond but all of a sudden a mistyping and mis-highlighting of the whole text got me delete it mistakenly. I was deflated. I gave up. Maybe it was not meant to be written. Even while writing I was thinking I might send the friend the piece so he could read and be able to process his own failings. I still couldn't get back to start all over again.

The flashback won't stop. I had to painfully drag myself to start all over and I'm writing from a completely different style and angle which I consider poorer than the deleted attempt. The need to process my thought and have some closure got the better part of me.

As it wasn't easy to begin all over, beforehand, I had tried to chat a good friend if I could just lazily narrate the incident so as to discuss and analyse in my way of achieving closure. He's probably still sleeping or busy; we are on different timezone as he's presently in Turkey.

He's one of the emotionally mature friend I have, full of tact, consideration and human understandings. We share a number of values and worldview, I think it had been so since our University days. And we are still keeping up. I respect him for that and happy he's doing well for himself in his endeavors.

Since I couldn't strike a conversation, I will really have to drag myself to start all over. This time though I jettisoned the idea of typing on the note app that came with my phone. Since it failed me and couldn't help retrieve the deleted piece, I opt for a note that automatically saves its typed content almost every 2 secs at interval, it's called 'Standard Notes', an open source writing app with privacy and security frame work much more better than most third party app that compromises one's data and user privacy.

With this typing precaution that saves itself automatically, I should start.

To be continued..........make una no vex o
How una see this preamble? Should I continue or just forget about it.
It's an incident that happened y'day though.

You are a bit grandiloquent, and the preamble is fraught with extraneous words. You need to refine it.

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 12:12pm On May 26, 2022
Eyiwunmi33:

You are a bit grandiloquent, and the preamble is fraught with extraneous words. You need to refine it.
Thanks for this constructive criticism.
This must be the most positive, sensible and reasonable critique

1 Like

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2022
Stupidquestions:

Thanks for this constructive criticism.
This must be the most positive, sensible and reasonable critique
una just dey deceive una self.. grin

1 Like

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Blupen(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2022
WatchYourSix:
You for don get money pass this but your grammar too mush...

..people wey dey yarn too mush grammar too dey over think matter.
..over thinkers no dey take risk..
..people wey no dey take risk no dey blow..

grin
baba you dey extraordinary
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Blupen(m): 6:38pm On May 26, 2022
Stupidquestions:

I don't think there are difficult words in the write up for anyone who attended higher institution and passed GES/GST....Anyway, I get the message, however, it will do you great good if you can also expand your vocabulary bank because it's obviously poor for someone who went to higher institution with degree.

Unless you are a secondary schl drop out.
am a primary school drop out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Place To Get A Wife! / The Letter Boy Wrote To His Crush / 2016 10 Most Cute/handsome Guys On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.