Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am (5842 Views)

A Lady Saw Her Long Time Friend Insane And Did This To Him. / Men, Share 3 Words You Like To Hear More Than "I Love You" / Lady Exposes Her Best Friend Who Has Been Having Sex With Her Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 5:59am On May 24, 2022
While on the whole issue we still diplomatically tried to find a nonexistent common-ground, for my poise and carefree disposition anyway, just to continue our usual camaraderie and friendly banter. However the experience had already etched its mark on where I would place him in the heirrarcchy of friendship and how I will forever relate with him.

Not that I was naive or have a huge expectation of people in general, I was only disappointed because my benefit of doubt about a long time friend was abruptly shattered. To be frank though, in my usual way of quickly letting go or excusing people's misdemeanor because I fancy myself as one who understands human behavior and the whys of their motives, I sort of process the whole encounter like some trifles.

After he dropped me off and pulled off, I immediately, instinctly wanted to open the car and dash home, cos obviously the time was gone at 10pm, he drew me back into the car and joked about why I was rushing home without sitting back to exchange trivial gist. We truly do enjoy each other's company and yappings the very occasional time we had met after our separation in secondary school. So, we gisted for another 20 mins on random stuff, giggled and finally separated at last.
I honestly have relegated the whole encounter buried somewhere else deep within my cortex, even forgetten it I had thought, until i woke up around 4am and left surprised the whole earlier friction was creeping back to the surface to torment my sensibility.

In that thoughtfully ruffled state the best way to process this thought was to write on the incident pestering my emotions in a way of refining and dealing with the flashbacks.

I began to write. I had written way beyond but all of a sudden a mistyping and mis-highlighting of the whole text got me delete it mistakenly. I was deflated. I gave up. Maybe it was not meant to be written. Even while writing I was thinking I might send the friend the piece so he could read and be able to process his own failings. I still couldn't get back to start all over again.

The flashback won't stop. I had to painfully drag myself to start all over and I'm writing from a completely different style and angle which I consider poorer than the deleted attempt. The need to process my thought and have some closure got the better part of me.

As it wasn't easy to begin all over, beforehand, I had tried to chat a good friend if I could just lazily narrate the incident so as to discuss and analyse in my way of achieving closure. He's probably still sleeping or busy; we are on different timezone as he's presently in Turkey.

He's one of the emotionally mature friend I have, full of tact, consideration and human understandings. We share a number of values and worldview, I think it had been so since our University days. And we are still keeping up. I respect him for that and happy he's doing well for himself in his endeavors.

Since I couldn't strike a conversation, I will really have to drag myself to start all over. This time though I jettisoned the idea of typing on the note app that came with my phone. Since it failed me and couldn't help retrieve the deleted piece, I opt for a note that automatically saves its typed content almost every 2 secs at interval, it's called 'Standard Notes', an open source writing app with privacy and security frame work much more better than most third party app that compromises one's data and user privacy.

With this typing precaution that saves itself automatically, I should start.

To be continued..........make una no vex o
How una see this preamble? Should I continue or just forget about it.
It's an incident that happened y'day though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 6:06am On May 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Skyfornia(m): 6:31am On May 24, 2022
shocked
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by WatchYourSix: 6:50am On May 24, 2022
You for don get money pass this but your grammar too mush...

..people wey dey yarn too mush grammar too dey over think matter.
..over thinkers no dey take risk..
..people wey no dey take risk no dey blow..

grin

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by OlawaleBammie: 6:50am On May 24, 2022
Stupidquestions:
While on the whole experience we still diplomatically tried to find a nonexistent common-ground, for my poise and carefree disposition anyway, just to continue our usual camaraderie and friendly banter, however the experience had already etched its mark on where I would place him in the heirrarcchy of friendship and how I will forever relate with him.

Not that I was naive or have a huge expectation of people in general, I was only disappointed because my benefit of doubt about a long time friend was abruptly shattered. To be frank however, in my usual way of quickly letting go or excusing people's misdemeanor because I fancy myself as one who understands human behavior and the whys of their motives, I sort of process the whole encounter like some trifles.

After he dropped me off and pulled off, I immediately, instinctly wanted to open the car and dash home, cos obviously the time was gone at 10pm, he drew me back into the car and joked about why I was rushing home without sitting back to exchange trivial gist. We truly do enjoy each other's company and yappings the very occasional time we had met after our separation in secondary school. So, we gisted for another 20 mins on random stuff, giggled and finally separated at last.
I honestly have relegated the whole encounter buried somewhere else deep within my cortex, even forgetten it I had thought, until i woke up around 4am and left surprised the whole earlier friction was creeping back to the surface to torment my sensibility.

In that thoughtfully ruffled state the best way to process this thought was to write on the incident pestering my emotions in a way of refining it and dealing with the flashbacks.

I began to write. I had written way beyond but all of a sudden a mistyping and mis-highlighting of the whole text got me delete it mistakenly. I was deflated. I gave up. Maybe it was not meant to be written. Even while writing I was thinking I might send the friend the piece so he could read and be able to process his own failings. I still couldn't get back to start all over again.

The flashback won't stop. I had to painfully drag myself to start all over and I'm writing from a completely different style and angle which I consider poorer than the deleted attempt. The need to process my thought and have some closure got the better part of me.

It wasn't easy to begin all over, beforehand, I had tried to chat a good friend if I could just lazily narrate the incident so as to discuss and analyse in my way of achieving closure. He's probably still sleeping or busy; we are on different timezone as he's presently in Turkey.

He's one of the emotionally mature friend I have, full of tact, consideration and human understandings. We share a number of values and worldview, I think it had been so since our University days. And we are still keeping up. I respect him for that and happy he's doing well for himself in his endeavors.

Since I couldn't strike a conversation, I will really have to drag myself to start all over. This time though I jettisoned the idea of typing on the note app that came with my phone. Since it failed me and couldn't help retrieve the deleted piece, I opt for a note that automatically saves its typed content almost every 2 secs at interval, it's called 'Standard Notes', a open source writing app with privacy and security frame work much more better than most third party app that compromises one's data and user privacy.

With this typing precaution that save itself automatically, I start.

To be continued....make una no vex

wetin u dey write?? if u wan tell us wetin happen to u tell us and if na fiction that embody ur good use of English u wan show then let us know oga.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by robinso01(m): 7:38am On May 24, 2022
All i can see is display of grammer. Op,u just get admission 2 study english?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Theboy21: 7:42am On May 24, 2022
Op gettat, we don't have time, be straight forward...

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by obinna58(m): 7:56am On May 24, 2022
Aren't you humiliating us too with your grammar abi you think say na everybody go understand.

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by NevetsIbot(m): 8:20am On May 24, 2022
Lol.. I really don't see the need for the high vocabulary knowing the audience you're trying to communicate with might not fully understand.

The feature of language which is to communicate and pass your information easily to your audience has been removed from your story.

Even despite having a high level of mastery of the English language, you totally bored me. This wasn't stimulating to read at all.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:28am On May 24, 2022
You for just go straight to the point.your writing is too ambigious

5 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by brandonobi(m): 8:42am On May 24, 2022
I couldn't finish it, linguistic intelligence without the spice of audience captivation makes for an oddly boring read, but you did good though, for whatever it is you're trying to do

7 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Jmichael1(m): 8:53am On May 24, 2022
Abeg no continue,we are ok with dis one..,.

9 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Demigod22: 8:57am On May 24, 2022
The first orientation I was given as a writer is the effectiveness in my ability to convey my story. It becomes distorted in communication when a reader do not comprehend, or is distracted by strange words while surfing your write up.

Academically speaking, when writing, you don't write to impress but to express. You should know your target audience and make them understand. Verbosity is a waste of English when your readers never got to understand you.

You wonder why Newspapers don't use exaggerated grammar? Because they are concerned about the understanding of their message by their readers, not about exploring their vocabulary to impress.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by satandeterrible: 9:11am On May 24, 2022
Terrible, unintelligible, drab and dull write up.
I guess that why you're poor and useless.
If you can't convey your message in an expressive manner, what else can you be able to do?

Poor in writing, poor in thinking, poor in finance.

Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Darkerberry: 9:17am On May 24, 2022
Too much grammar for promoting standard note or whatever d ad you're doing..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by chyzoo4u(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2022
grin grin

I think I have a different view from other comments here grin grin

I love the write up and I'm eager to read more...

However, this your write up is obviously an ad promoting "standard note app" wink

5 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Opeyemic01: 9:28am On May 24, 2022
You have achieved nothing with this write up, 'cos to me, you have not said anything

9 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by SKhanmi: 9:36am On May 24, 2022
Lot of flowery words without a single point as to the real intent of the thread angry

Definitely not reading anything from your monicker ever!

7 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Hed0nist: 9:50am On May 24, 2022
Stupidquestions:

Try to use as few words as possible. The words were just too many and mostly unneeded. Write to communicate.

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by jumper524(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2022
When you ready to explain in English, let us know.

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Izprince(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2022
Op op... I believe say u na all those people wer dey cover their book for school... Naw see ur life people wer u dey cover book for don make am and u still dey light years behind... so u come here come dey oppress us with grammar... Find way make money ooo... Grammar no go pay bills ooo... Them say man wer no get money na slay queen... Op stay woke.

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Highman56: 10:01am On May 24, 2022
Good communication is passing information effectively.you have failed to communicate well here because you failed to analyze your audience.Your audience is an average grammar group of people and so all your high level grammar is a waste

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by restore8(m): 10:02am On May 24, 2022
Stupidquestions:
While on the whole experience we still diplomatically tried to find a nonexistent common-ground, for my poise and carefree disposition anyway, just to continue our usual camaraderie and friendly banter. However the experience had already etched its mark on where I would place him in the heirrarcchy of friendship and how I will forever relate with him.

Not that I was naive or have a huge expectation of people in general, I was only disappointed because my benefit of doubt about a long time friend was abruptly shattered. To be frank however, in my usual way of quickly letting go or excusing people's misdemeanor because I fancy myself as one who understands human behavior and the whys of their motives, I sort of process the whole encounter like some trifles.

In that thoughtfully ruffled state the best way to process this thought was to write on the incident pestering my emotions in a way of refining it and dealing with the flashbacks.

It wasn't easy to begin all over, beforehand, I had tried to chat a good friend if I could just lazily narrate the incident so as to discuss and analyse in my way of achieving closure. He's probably still sleeping or busy; we are on different timezone as he's presently in Turkey.

Since I couldn't strike a conversation, I will really have to drag myself to start all over. This time though I jettisoned the idea of typing on the note app that came with my phone. Since it failed me and couldn't help retrieve the deleted piece, I opt for a note that automatically saves its typed content almost every 2 secs at interval, it's called 'Standard Notes', an open source writing app with privacy and security frame work much more better than most third party app that compromises one's data and user privacy.

With this typing precaution that saves itself automatically, I should start.

To be continued..........make una no vex o

@bolded. Aside from this, where's the rest of the story? No vex boss. I understand that you're trying to make us feel something. I sense emotions. However, I believe you could make us feel that emotion in the language we understand.

4 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by TheGreatIYANU: 10:32am On May 24, 2022
WatchYourSix:
You for don get money pass this but your grammar too mush...

..people wey dey yarn too mush grammar too dey over think matter.
..over thinkers no dey take risk..
..people wey no dey take risk no dey blow..

grin

This is profound bro. What do you do?

1 Like

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by WatchYourSix: 10:51am On May 24, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:

This is profound bro. What do you do?

QA
Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by purejustice36: 12:42pm On May 24, 2022
After reading all of your write up … all I have to say is simple

Ogbeni na ur papa u dey stress nor be me cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by MrBachelor: 1:00pm On May 24, 2022
grin

Wuna too get bad mouth for this NL.

Op, in my opinion, nothing overly complicated with your choice of words. Although, as pointed out by someone above some were not needed. However, I think the problem is with the content as a whole.

The write-up so far is drab with nothing exciting to entice your audience to make them want to read on.

Sincerely, at a point I had to scroll to the bottom of the story to see if I can find anything interesting.

I'd advise if you choose to continue, to play with words a little; throw in a pun here and there. Some punchlines for effect. A figure of speech or two. A couple of humourous lines, etc. Just give the content some life.

I'd be reading, though. That is if you continue writing. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by tayo60(f): 1:01pm On May 24, 2022
When I started reading and no understand anything, na skip I skip

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by falcon01: 1:13pm On May 24, 2022
Some are jealous because they can't comprehend your yarn

1 Like

Re: My Humiliating Experience With A Long Time Friend Who's Doing Better Than I Am by Stupidquestions: 1:57pm On May 24, 2022
falcon01:
Some are jealous because they can't comprehend your yarn
Are you sure? Cos I have not seen one single person who made anything close to positive remark....
I have typed the story..but I'm sceptical about posting for further backlash, even though I've tried to fine-tune it countless times...to make it readable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please How Can I Get This Girl Number? She Is A Fulani / Do You Still Want To Be In Love? / If You Can Interprete This Very Interesting Photo Story Then You Are A Genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.