Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (49701 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by stagger: 12:00pm On May 25, 2022
The offence is chargeable at N250,000.

Go and meet them at the office and settle your debt. Energy theft is a criminal offence. If you fail to settle, you can be dragged to court.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by DonGtoG1(m): 12:00pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.

Don't worry about step(s) to take, the step(s) will surely come for you.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by President2001(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
The fine is #50,000 or 25 years imprisonment they're going to detail you first now depends on your approach to the issue with them
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by kasim155: 12:05pm On May 25, 2022
Just call the number first, last last na money go settle every thing for back.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by 00FFT00(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

You don' want a bad response ko?. Well, here it is.

You should be ashamed of your corrupt self.
Nigeria is in darkness. The government has not been able to fix the electricity malady in the country.
But na bush rats like you be the sabo wey dey thwart even the little efforts the heartless politicians and their enablers say make dem manage dash us.

Who do you want to pay for the electricity you consumed?. I'm sorry, but I do not want to be in the same country with people who think and behave like you. Unfortunately, there are way too many of your ilk in Nigeria.

Ndi Oshi!
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Eben91: 12:06pm On May 25, 2022
Mumu, na you go follow criminals and drug addicts because you think they are fun to be with, Ntorrrrrrr!
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Bjteensdes24: 12:07pm On May 25, 2022
Don't be scared Op, its their way of making money too. Just call that number and meet the person at their office shikena. It happened to me here in Abeokuta last year when they were raiding. Almost everybody in my area bypassed. We paid 50k for our building while some paid over 100k and the debt was spread on their meter but we paying 50k nothing was spread and I collected my wire back. it depends on you and those people.
Modified for them to write a number means they want to share the money among themselves if not, you will pay to the company's bank account.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by classicdealz: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
Happened to me last month, my last time of recharge was 18 months ago, they charged me 50k plus 277k accumulated bill, they told me i have to pay it, that they can help me divide the payments, the payment was already on my prepaid, so i bought card of 327k, i just paid them the 327,000 at once

3 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by uche08(m): 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
Comments here shows that everyone in this country is corrupt... Haba! Wetin de happen for this country self?
Everyone is guilty of meter bypass.
Everyone is offering corrupt solutions.

Na only me be Saint for this country biko ni ooo!

And I de recharge 20k every month eeeeh kwaaaa ni ooo!

Abeg someone suggest electrician for me ni ooo

3 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by BarrElChapo(m): 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I no mind self

Call the number given or that your of the marketer in charge of your area. Nothing cannot be resolved.

If you can go with a lawyer to any meeting called.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by otokx(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2022
uche08:
Comments here shows that everyone in this country is corrupt... Haba! Wetin de happen for this country self?
Everyone is guilty of meter bypass.
Everyone is offering corrupt solutions.

Na only me be Saint for this country biko ni ooo!

And I de recharge 20k every month eeeeh kwaaaa ni ooo!

Abeg someone suggest electrician for me ni ooo

You are not alone, some of us still recharge monthly to the amazement of others. Nigerians have always been the problem of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Psady(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2022
WetinIsabi:

And you think I haven't tried this?

Interesting information

Thank you for the advice. Once bitten, twice shy.
I tried same option up there but I was told by one of their officials at the office that they don't do tHat anymore, but thank God my landlord was an understanding man, He proposed a substitute payment plan in which I clear the meter debt and in return use my money as rent fee for the upcoming year's, all this without any written document.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by oz4real83(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Just visit the nearest office and negotiate your penalty/fine ... Tell them it wasn't intentional or just blame the devil as usual " smiley
noooo. He should call the phone no they wrote on the letter. Sometimes, such matters may not even get to the office, we are in a dog eat dog country and the officials who discovered the metre bypass may even be hustling for themselves instead of the office. Call them immediately and negotiate, only go to the office if the need warrants it.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by wellmax(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2022
Good you came out straight, but these act of sabotage is what is destroying this country. And if you are a believer, know that it is a sin. You also need to repent and restitute.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Elvisgolden: 12:17pm On May 25, 2022
This one go dey insult politicians everyday oooh

May God help this country because the citizens are worse

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Dproperties: 12:17pm On May 25, 2022
It actually depends on the kind of apartment you are, unless Nepa visits me on Saturday and Sundays else no inspection.

Who go open gate for them?
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Akanoaaa(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2022
Call the phone number first.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Ivegotsolutions(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2022
Bro you are in for a sh**t.

bypassing attract a fee of 50,000 and they are going to give you an estimate of 8 months bill. you should be spending around 200k.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by samafooo: 12:18pm On May 25, 2022
Just called the number, you can still negotiate without paying up to the amount you suppose pay for bypassing
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by FatherOfJesus: 12:21pm On May 25, 2022
That's stealing, you should go to jail
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Beermoney1: 12:22pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Same thing happened to my dad. They called police and were threatening court. At the end of the day, they asked for out of book settlement of 160k including police settlement. We haggled and they collect 40k from my dad after much begging. Call the number first.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by danot1030: 12:22pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Be prepared to go for a long service, could be up to 14 years pere.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Wizywiz(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2022
Well Op u stole ooo...but don't worry ur sins will be forgiven...same thing happened to me 4years ago...I did bypass on my meter... mistake I made....I wasn't recharging. So after 9months...somehow Phcn officials noticed it...and wrote on a paper
a bypassed meter and put a phone number...I called my phcn friend he said I shouldn't bother I should call them..I called the number and was polite enough..went to their office met one of the service manager he told me I will pay 80k after much pleading and negotiations, I finally gave them 30k and was given some receipts they followed me and fixed the light back for me and that was it.

Guess what grin I called my electrician and told him...he said I shouldn't worry he will show Dem say Dem dey learn work...he did the bypass again...and channeled the wires inside the ceiling then seperated the loads...while some sockets and loads like ac fridge and other gadgets were connected directly..the prepaid was connected to carry only my TV and fan...and I do recharge... recharge like 1k and it takes me like 3 months before I can too up with maybe 500......funny enough the PHCN officials do come routinely to check it grin...but my brother u cant see the bypass unless u enter my ceiling via my kitchen which is impossible....since them I respect my electrician the baba really outsmart them.....

N/B abeg no follow me oooo because I don repent ooo just go and settle them..atmost 30k or 40k go run am for you
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by bayumyguy: 12:28pm On May 25, 2022
You will pay fine but if you plead with then they might reduce the fine sha
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by foreshore(m): 12:28pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Of course you don enter gbese. Dem no go fit kill you but you go settle with almost the whole of your life savings
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by CIAOps: 12:33pm On May 25, 2022
Na Prison, jehovah dey carry you go so..
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by DWJOBScom(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2022
DSC7:
Arrange 200k to waste on the issue.....

Admit you are guilty of bypassing....

Call your marketer, explain to him and he will tell you how to share the money...

Las las na settlement go do am.

DON'T DO THIS
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by BlueAir: 12:36pm On May 25, 2022
undecided you've forgotten you're in Nigeria. Call that exact number they left u and be friendly with him. Don't fear,arrange a meeting with him official or non and go meet him with good money in hand. You have no problem.
Xwizard:

I no mind self
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by GloriousGbola: 12:36pm On May 25, 2022
Incidentally all these 'smart' bypass are the reason for crazy bills. There is a meter on every transformer.
So if the transformer reads 200kw and total load from meters is 150kw
What these companies do is share the unreconciled energy bills among the users without proper metering.

The idea may when you vex enough you will narc out your neighbours who are responsible for your plight

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Ideegee(m): 12:37pm On May 25, 2022
Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire.
[/quote]

Approach the Business Manager, man. Nothing Mega.

They will quote 500k.

Beg the man. They usually calculate your normal monthly usage before bypass and multiply by the total months.

At least, be ready for 100k officially and something for the boys.

And please, don't try it again. It's a criminal offense.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Kelvinuok(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

You'll face the consequences for stealing from the government, and for cheating others that has been paying their bills
If it's PHEDC you're finished �
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by AmazingELixir: 12:40pm On May 25, 2022
undecided

The average Nigerian is a thief....and to think these are the same people castigating the government says alot about the kind of wicked Citizen abound in this country.

You should be in jail

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State / John Cine Wilcox Retrieves His Joystick From A Bandit In Lagos / Fuel Scarcity: Toheeb Eniafe Shot Dead Over Argument At Petrol Station In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.