Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (49577 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by 1880nebulx: 6:55am On May 25, 2022
[s]
Officialgarri:
You should spend 6 months in jail if the enforcement system was working right.
[/s]
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by uvie66: 7:30am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I know sir, I’m asking for the right step, to take
contact the number they left and say you want to make amend and pay any arrears you owe.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Obagofixxy: 7:45am On May 25, 2022
Na billing upon billing ohhhh, dem go bill you like clients wey dey do investment

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by lereinter(m): 8:39am On May 25, 2022
Are you a welder?

So why you bypass

Well

Is it marketer or monitoring that caught you, if na the latter, you go pay
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by dobnina(f): 8:44am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
Criminals like you should be sent to jail.
I am sure you are part of the people that will open their mouth and say Nigeria is corrupt or people that compare Nigeria to other countries.
Thank God you were caught. You should be made a scape goat for others.
I pray they don't show you any mercy and bill you well.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by WetinIsabi: 8:47am On May 25, 2022
mactoni91:

Why not propose a solution/way forward with your Landlady. See if the Disco offers discounts for clearing up arrears, agree with your Landlady you'd pay up the arrears Whilst you get an equivalent waiver for your next rent(This agreement should be documented)

And you think I haven't tried this?

mactoni91:

Why want to add more burden to postpaid customers on your Transformer?

Now, let me explain how estimated billing methodology works.

We have a metered Transformer with a total 50,000 kWh reading for April.

A total population of 70 customers with 30 of them being Prepaid meter customers while 40 are estimated.

Now, the energy recorded and paid for from all prepaid meters is deducted from the 50,000 kWh while the remaining after removing (atc&c) is shared to all postpaid customers.

So, for every Bypass you do, just know you're indirectly pushing those energy hungry appliances cost to those without a meter.

Do not be decieved, your transformer is metered and the DISCOS sometimes are not to be blamed because they would get their money for the little service you feel they rendered.

What your transformer consumes from their HT feeder is also being accounted and paid for to the Generating companies.

Meter bypass is very evil.

If you see your neighbors bypassing their meter without informing the Discos, yet you complain of high bills, just know you're indirectly paying for that meter bypass.

Interesting information

mactoni91:

You should consider getting a new apartment.

Now here's a tip, before you get any apartment, visit the nearest DISCO office to find out what the payment history of the apartment looks like. This information is usually free

Thank you for the advice. Once bitten, twice shy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by tnerro1(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2022
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

ihope they lock your black ugly broke asz up

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Anything bad na default for this una gender

Are you high, this is not the topic of discussion angry

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by clinician2x: 10:48am On May 25, 2022
Just go to any prison close to you and report yourself. The prison will give u uniform and number then contact appropriate agencies to take not.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by rajiedreez: 10:48am On May 25, 2022
Go and wait for NEPA in the police station and call them that you've arrested yourself.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Abujaexpress: 10:48am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
Call the phone number and go and "settle" it with them privately before it goes official where you you pay more and probably be charged to mobile court.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by tritt(m): 10:48am On May 25, 2022
Now, 200k my brother....

Rastaramsey:
Your own don red be that grin grin grin
Get ready to pay over 100k
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 10:48am On May 25, 2022
Go n get N200K for settlement.
Pray you don't get prosecuted cos this APC govt love sampling scapegoats.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 10:49am On May 25, 2022
Pay 50k
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by LordEclipse: 10:49am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

..tell them the light was low..you were trying to see the light of God..
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by kkboy(m): 10:50am On May 25, 2022
Get ready to pay 250k fine or ready to go to court.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by emmy9500: 10:50am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

There is no law that say you will go to jail, if it’s IBEDC and this is your first time

You will pay the following

50k - reconnection fee
2k - administrative fee

Loss of revenue - will be determined according to how light is in your area

Then the normal Nigerian money wey no get account

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by asahnwaKC: 10:51am On May 25, 2022
Na over greediness de worry you..., how can you not even recharge 1k or something monthly... you can’t eat your cake and have.. go and face the law undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by KIDfurniture(m): 10:51am On May 25, 2022
In this Nigeria! Why u Dey panic ? You didn’t kill someone na.. I was caught many times when I was a tenant.. nothing happen na beer parlor we settle everything with some naira notes. 10k max was all I paid I later become regular customer…
I love Nigeria…7 years in one of my properties no electricity no payment. Them catch us we still settle am with 20k .. lol

Xwizard:

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Enyimbamercedes: 10:52am On May 25, 2022
To begin with, it serves you right.

Electricity theft is a crime and you have been caught. There is nothing you can do.

Here is what comes next.

Your DisCo will compute the loss of energy accrued over the period they deem the theft began. If you can show evidence of when you did the bypass, better for you else they will use their best (or worst) judgment. They will assess the equipment you have in your house and compute the energy you stole. They will apply this on your meter including a reconnection fee which you will then need to purchase a token for that amount and load your meter. Then they will reconnect you.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Freelane33(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2022
Reason with the marketer . 10- 20k will solve the issue if it’s not lagos
Xwizard:

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Donedeal1(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2022
Start first with the call, book a private appointment, go to the office, written undertaken, pay for the lost revenue.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Pzpropertylimit(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2022
Give them money immediately . Not 5k oooo like 20k and end the matter there . U can be prosecuted for this that will end u in jail after payment of fine . Also u can be denied access to electricity for a long period of time
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by gasparpisciotta: 10:53am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Call the number and visit their office.

They have a standard tariff for your previous charges for the period of bypass and penalty for bypassing.

Note that they may not entertain negotiations because bypassing the meter is a crime.

Try and pretend as if you are not responsible for the act, if you act too smart they may see through your antics and recommend a stiffer penalty.

Just be calm as you go about dealing with them
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Highman56: 10:53am On May 25, 2022
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

ihope they lock your black ugly broke asz up

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Anything bad na default for this una gender
attention seeking mf
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Royalty83(m): 10:53am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Local thief

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by yinkeys(m): 10:54am On May 25, 2022
Officialgarri:
You should spend 6 months in jail if the enforcement system was working right.
$ = 610 naira
At this point I don’t blame anyone that tries to beat the system to survive

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Seredebe: 10:54am On May 25, 2022
If it is EEDC, you will pay a fine of about 57500(I cant recall the exact amount right now, but it is in the range of 55-57k).

After that, you will have an interview with the feeder manager. In the interview, you will tell them why you bypassed your meter and promise never to tamper with it again. They will fix it within one month if your request is granted

Xwizard
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by sandland: 10:55am On May 25, 2022
obiekunie01:
call the number ask where do u see him?

dont say anything incriminating on phone.

when you meet them dont answer what they di not ask you - and be vry tactical cause they record every conversation you have with them.

Tell them maybe it was the last tenant that did it cause you never tampered with the metter.

Then ask them to pls be considerate.

Be very polite in all your conversation with them.

Tell them you want to get it sorted out. they should pls dont be angry.

Then wait to hear what they have to say.

If they say you will have to go to court with them, tell them it is not neccessary that you will want them to get it settle here and now.

Dont worry they always understand - it will cost you like 30k last last but if u negotiate well it will even be less.

If it Abuja, total cost is about 300k
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2022
When u say our politicians are corrupt.. it seems as if u wont do the same when u get there. Early 90's wasnt as bad as it is today. We cant even tell the difference between something that is legal and illegal. This guy dont have a single shame for postingg this trash here.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by abjisperson(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2022
Even after this, they will keep monitoring u every week and harrassing u....U invited this upon urself
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Athemisia: 10:55am On May 25, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Just visit the nearest office and negotiate your penalty/fine ... Tell them it wasn't intentional or just blame the devil as usual " smiley
Naso.. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Inside Oyo Islamic Torture House Where Children Are Caged / Armed Robbers Blow Up Bullion Van Loaded With Cash In Johannesburg (Pics, Video / Man Caught Smuggling Rice In A Car Bumper In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.