Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (49502 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Onota: 11:19am On May 25, 2022
Candidlady:

Men are thieves

ihope they lock your black ugly broke asz up

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Anything bad na default for this una gender

Whoever did this woman strong things eno go better for that person
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by BigRocky: 11:19am On May 25, 2022
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Lol
You are beginning to sound funny grin
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Agugbadin: 11:21am On May 25, 2022
That is electricity theft, you will be sentenced to 21yrs in prison.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 11:22am On May 25, 2022
This thread is a good reason Nigeria won't get better.

1. He confidently bypassed payment of electricity
2. He even had the courage to ask for a solution on a public forum instead of running to a lawyer
3. A terrible and disgusting mod moved it to the front page. Can this happen abroad? A mod moved a crime related stuff asking for help to cover up to the front page.

See...Nigeria is finished. The confidence people commit crime, and then the response that bribe will sort it out is alarming. Nigeria is dead and already buried.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by karmaleon: 11:22am On May 25, 2022
You are lucky to be able to make this post from the comfort of wherever you are. If not, you'd be in Jail. It's clearly written that such offenses is punishable by the law. However, what I'd advise you do is go to their office. They'd give you and option to bribe them so as to get reconnected or have them generate an LOR (Loss of Revenue) from the moment you stopped paying. Penal charges and other bypassed charges will be factored into you bill. You could pay as low as 100k or as high as 500k. I'm not capping. I've seen it before. They offended had to even pack out of the house because he had been bypassing for over a year and kept bribing instead till higher authority got involved.

Do the right thing!

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by hope4nigeria(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.
it happened to me last year, I call the contract they dropped, I negotiated with him, #10, they collected it and that's all, the penalty for bypassing single phase meter is #30k in the office. First call the contact and negotiate, no big deal, after this don't bypass again oh, but me I can't stop
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Bkdson2121: 11:24am On May 25, 2022
[i][/i] you are one of the lazy youths bubuhari is talking about, you are hustling every day for the past 8months and can't pay your bills you are bypassing
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by frowland(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2022
DSC7:
Arrange 200k to waste on the issue.....

Admit you are guilty of bypassing....

Call your marketer, explain to him and he will tell you how to share the money...

Las las na settlement go do am.

You wonder how that country will move foward. Bribe everywhere.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by hakbab: 11:24am On May 25, 2022
Go to their office and discuss with them you will be asked to pay some amount as penalty.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by frowland(m): 11:25am On May 25, 2022
vr0xen:
grin they will calculate 300k and give u. Don’t mind them once they go continue with the bypass since I moved into a new apartment I haven’t payed nepa bill na so I run them. There is a way to bypass it and there will be no light in the meter but you will have light in your flat. Look for a good electrician when nepa come them go see say light no Dey your meter dem go commot. Na so I Dey use free light for a year now.

Smh
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by wonderr(m): 11:26am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

I no mind self
if you don't mind then why bypassing in the first place, since you can afford the bills if at all you want to be reduce your payment you can get an electrician let him connect only the bulbs in the house to the meter and all other will be direct, it will reduce how much you would be paying, but now shey you won here true talk you are on your own o
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by FireUpNow(m): 11:26am On May 25, 2022
What can I do to NEPA for giving me estimated bills? When people pass meter you pay through your nose and when they give us estimated bills we pay. This is very wrong.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by SEGLIZ: 11:28am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Untop weytin
on top say you thief electric city. just go submit yourself like form for the nearest police station.

of the the truth God should have made electricity free like breath of life (oxygen) and solar (sun). I dislike everything nepa, officials and their useless bills.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by fkj950ax(m): 11:29am On May 25, 2022
karmaleon:
You are lucky to be able to make this post from the comfort of wherever you are. If not, you'd be in Jail. It's clearly written that such offenses is punishable by the law. However, what I'd advise you do is go to their office. They'd give you and option to bribe them so as to get reconnected or have them generate an LOR (Loss of Revenue) from the moment you stopped paying. Penal charges and other bypassed charges will be factored into you bill. You could pay as low as 100k or as high as 500k. I'm not capping. I've seen it before. They offended had to even pack out of the house because he had been bypassing for over a year and kept bribing instead till higher authority got involved.

Do the right thing!

This is why I wish NL wasn’t anonymous.
This would have made prosecuting him properly in court.

And for all those supporting crime, don’t think NL is 100% anonymous, hush puppies smoking gun came from here. Tomorrow, a sane countries agents or an international company HR will ask you to clarify your position
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by GloriousGbola: 11:30am On May 25, 2022
You will always get caught when pypassing a meter.

It is simple arithmetic. Why has this persons recorded energy consumption dropped for the past six months?

How is it this person has not consumed any energy for three months?

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 25, 2022
Find 50K cos them go charge u, and also call the number to know the amount them go collect
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Killermamba: 11:30am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.

Wait for police and better money to pay
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Eagba(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2022
vr0xen:
grin they will calculate 300k and give u. Don’t mind them once they go continue with the bypass since I moved into a new apartment I haven’t payed nepa bill na so I run them. There is a way to bypass it and there will be no light in the meter but you will have light in your flat. Look for a good electrician when nepa come them go see say light no Dey your meter dem go commot. Na so I Dey use free light for a year now.

See you see poverty
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by wonderr(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2022
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

you can take paracetamol for the pain sorry dear
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Born2Breed(f): 11:33am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

It's 50k for first offenders.

They may also charge for lost of revenue for the past months.

But 8months You not try at all.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by StarryV(f): 11:33am On May 25, 2022
I am giving my sincere advice as a NEPA staff. First thing first, start by calling the phone number dropped for you. Of course they are expecting your call already. When you call, be as polite as you can, be very very very constructive with your words as the call might be placed on record. You might sound like you didn't know about it but also sound apologetic alongside. If the matter hasn't been reported to the higher authority, you have a chance of resolving it with the marketer for a token, but be sure it's gonna cost you some good money.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by justdream(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

First are you in Abuja? Is it AEDC?
Second, you will have to go to the office responsible. You will be asked to pay administrative bill of arnd 50+k, then you will have to be back-billed for 6months or a year. Standard is 6months. Then ofcus, depending, you will have to replace the meter.

Just goto them and maybe plead your case by admitting guilt. Ask th to help you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by StarryV(f): 11:34am On May 25, 2022
Born2Breed:

Yea, you know the language. I'm impressed smiley
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by doe: 11:34am On May 25, 2022
200k fine plus 30k topup. Negotiate.
Na so I see am!

Xwizard:

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Udemzy05: 11:35am On May 25, 2022
You have no shame from this nonsense here.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Jackanda1(m): 11:36am On May 25, 2022
vr0xen:
You're one of the problems we have in this country.
It's shocking that some of you think you have the right to complain about corruption.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by justdream(m): 11:36am On May 25, 2022
StarryV:
I am giving my sincere advice as a NEPA staff. First thing first, start by calling the phone number dropped for you. Of course they are expecting your call already. When you call, be as polite as you can, be very very very constructive with your words as the call might be placed on record. You might sound like you didn't know about it but also sound apologetic alongside. If the matter hasn't been reported to the higher authority, you have a chance of resolving it with the marketer for a token, but be sure it's gonna cost you some good money.

Aldos wicked marketers? He can only resolve with the marketer if he was at home. But so far dem don snap am, dem go don upload am to their whatsapp group and forward to HQ. And women marketers are the most wicked staff NEPA have. Dem dey too overzealous.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Rubyjade: 11:36am On May 25, 2022
vr0xen:
screenshot of the bypass and your meter or you are lying
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by hurryup123(m): 11:37am On May 25, 2022
You should've gotten a good electrician to blow up your meter ...
Then connect your light direct from the pole.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by samsard(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2022
Officialgarri:
You should spend 6 months in jail if the enforcement system was working right.
Seriously, many Nigerians are criminals but they always blame politicians. Imagine not wanting to pay for utility that is built and operated with money. How do those companies make enough to operate well and improve power if crooks like the OP don't want to play their part?

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by justdream(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2022
Born2Breed:

E for try dey recharge atleast 1-2k monthly. And e sure me say e dey power AC steady �.
Naso my guy bypass, e no dey pay shishi, i jis dey lookam.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Eagba(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2022
Trendy247:

Na mumu nepa official dey come check ur meter.. If u like use am for 10yrs, the day they will catch u, u'll cough out everything.. I just wish say na PHED Network u dey. Thief!
I think legislation should be passed that gives the power company power to seize the property in cases power theft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kidnappers Who Killed John Adeyi Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Bloodied Children Rescued From House Filled With Fetish Items In Anambra / Kidnapper Shot Dead By Policemen At Ajamoghan, Warri (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.