Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? (49370 Views)

Man Caught For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl In Abia, Blames Devil, Rain / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / Man Packs Refuse Into His Car, After Been Caught For Illegal Dumping In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by johnpablo541(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.

As a first time offender your fine is 50k for a single phase meter.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by anonymuz(m): 7:02pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

I don’t know if it’s proper to hurriedly go to their office first or call that number first. I just don’t want to take any wrong step. I’m trying to find like 100k for hand now
I suggest you do the calling first. But don't be to sorry for your actions, so they might not extort you.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Moneyboyz: 7:16pm On May 24, 2022
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

ihope they lock your black ugly broke asz up

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Anything bad na default for this una gender

Sadist Pele.
It's like your sperm materialized out of thin air?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Trendy247: 7:17pm On May 24, 2022
vr0xen:
grin they will calculate 300k and give u. Don’t mind them once they go continue with the bypass since I moved into a new apartment I haven’t payed nepa bill na so I run them. There is a way to bypass it and there will be no light in the meter but you will have light in your flat. Look for a good electrician when nepa come them go see say light no Dey your meter dem go commot. Na so I Dey use free light for a year now.
Na mumu nepa official dey come check ur meter.. If u like use am for 10yrs, the day they will catch u, u'll cough out everything.. I just wish say na PHED Network u dey. Thief!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by gulfer: 7:20pm On May 24, 2022
Nigeria no good, Nigeria no good; we all contributed to get it to this state..... What you did is economic sabotage and the penalty is quite stiff if the legal system is to take it's course........ angry angry angry angry angry angry
I hope you get a soft landing because penalty for energy theft is 3-years in jail plus an hefty fine........ Just pray you get favor btw, which disco is this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by oilmane(m): 7:23pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:
I will be straight and sharp, I don’t need any bad every response, I’ve done it already, and I want to handle it maturely. Just need advice from any one who had handled such issues peacefully that all.

Yesterday I was caught for bypassing, I wasn’t at home, so before I got back they’ve cut down my wire, my neighbor won’t let them take away the meter and wire. Immediately they called and told me, first thing I did was recharge online on the meter right away, hoping I would have a chance, but I got home now I saw they’ve opened the meter, and I’m sure our people they would have taken enough pictures of the tampered meter, some of them can even pix mix I’m for evidence.

Well they dropped a letter for me, on the letter my last recharge was written at the back stating about 8months ago, and a phone at the back.

I don’t know what to do first, any I’ve not make any move yet, but I’ve corrected the bypass meter. suggestions how best to handle it.

Call them or you can even go to their office and negotiate with them, look for a rent receipt to present like you've not been living in the apartment for long, it is better you resolve the issue at their office instead of the police station or court.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by ceejayluv(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2022
Pay the fine ASAP and never bypass again... Instead, manage your consumption.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mactoni91(m): 7:33pm On May 24, 2022
You should be arraigned in court for Energy theft that's if you fail to pay the official penalty from the DISCO.

Penalty would be calculated based on the ATC&C recorded from your transformer for the duration of the bypass.

If your transformer has been having plenty of unbilled energy, get ready for a ride.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mactoni91(m): 7:40pm On May 24, 2022
johnpablo541:

As a first time offender your fine is 50k for a single phase meter.

Depends on the DISCO and if the ATC&C for that transformer is within the budgeted allowed ATC&C.

If it's within, then the 50k first offender may apply.

But if the DISCO has been losing plenty of energy in the past on that Transformer, then they'll likely recover some past losses from you.

Kindly desist from Energy theft or Meter bypass. You're contributing to the high billing of Post Paid Customers since most Transformers are metered.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by TheKingsmann(m): 7:46pm On May 24, 2022
Candidlady:
Men are thieves

ihope they lock your black ugly broke asz up

Tueh god forbid

Y'all are rapist
Y'all are thieves
Y'all are ritualists
Y'all are drug barons
y'all are womanisers

Anything bad na default for this una gender
Always typing like an illiterate
U forgot ur father is also a man too, illiterate.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by 27Pushing30: 7:53pm On May 24, 2022
mymadam:
Yes, ordinarily you've committed a crime (PHCN Regulations). Instead of being arraigned in court, I suggest that you visit the PHCN office in your domain ASAP. Present yourself BUT don't admit any wrongdoing yet. Let them confront you with the details first. Since you already stated here that you actually goofed, maturely ask for the way forward.

Commence negotiations on how to officially reimburse PHCN in installments. Well, I personally never give or accept bribes, but if it's your cup of tea, start on that path. Hope this helps

My 2 Kobo wink

his fuccck up is he recharged the bill same day dem bust am but everything can be explained away.

The koko is make e no go dey sign dey admit wrong doing lol cos the money go high be that

pin it on an invisible third party...

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by ravensckar(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

I don’t know if it’s proper to hurriedly go to their office first or call that number first. I just don’t want to take any wrong step. I’m trying to find like 100k for hand now
Bros, don't make that mistake of going to their office, e go be for you. There's a reason why they put that number there, so that you can call and reason with them like men. Perhaps they haven't even reported the case to their Oga with the expectation that you'll settle then and they will close their mouth.

A similar thing happened to me last year. I moved into a new apartment with a tampered meter. Since I didn't want to be a good Nigerian, meself join in the jamboree. Six months down the line, the matter cast and Baba Dem show face. The first thing that impressed them was that I didn't argue nor spoke any fanciful English word. Neither did I panicked as well. That level of confidence was heavenly. Las las, I roger them 40K and they looked the other way while I rectified it. Sometimes we just have to man up and face our issues without being unnecessarily afraid.

Sha don't claim right and don't be afraid. Na settlement dem go chop. cheesy cheesy cheesy

21 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by dnawah(m): 8:28pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

go by generator o!u no go use nepa for ur life again.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by omowolewa: 8:48pm On May 24, 2022
Report to the nearest police station
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by johnbush(m): 8:59pm On May 24, 2022
Xwizard:

Ole! it is your kind making life difficult for the rest of us honest people. SMH

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by sweetyme001(f): 9:12pm On May 24, 2022
No go alone ooo. Go with a lawyer, tell them you just moved into the apartment yesterday.
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by WetinIsabi: 9:20pm On May 24, 2022
And I was thinking of doing the same thing grin

I moved into a new apartment with prepaid meter. When I was inspecting the flat the agent told me no worry, once you pay you go get light cheesy cheesy cheesy. Little did I know that the previous tenant was owing a mind boggling sum of money.

When it got to the time to recharge the meter IKEDC told me to cough out N100,000. I reported to the landlady, only for mama to insist vehemently that she cleared all arrears before the prepaid meter was installed. I went to IKEDC and discovered it was all lies! cheesy mama no clear anything!

The woman ghost me from that day till now. No light, no joy, I Don tire! Na to bypass the meter dey my mind now. I no fit settle debt wey I no incur.

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Ay04z(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2022
vr0xen:
grin they will calculate 300k and give u. Don’t mind them once they go continue with the bypass since I moved into a new apartment I haven’t payed nepa bill na so I run them. There is a way to bypass it and there will be no light in the meter but you will have light in your flat. Look for a good electrician when nepa come them go see say light no Dey your meter dem go commot. Na so I Dey use free light for a year now.
noted..
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Babatojide: 9:41pm On May 24, 2022
grin
vr0xen:
grin
JAILBAIT grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Ihuomanice1(f): 9:55pm On May 24, 2022
Corruption everywhere
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by CUMIN: 10:18pm On May 24, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Just visit the nearest office and negotiate your penalty/fine ... Tell them it wasn't intentional or just blame the devil as usual " smiley

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by OnyeObodo: 10:43pm On May 24, 2022
Why not pack out and run away ASAP?

4 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Contekbbc: 10:48pm On May 24, 2022
Most of you are blaming this man.
Now,how many of you can truthfully say that your hands are clean and more so,we all know all the injustices that we've been getting from the useless NEPA(PHCN) overtime,so,nobody should crucify this guy.
The exorbitant charges we all have been getting from NEPA(PHCN),what will you people call it? Righteousness ba?
Settle them and never allow that catch you next time.
Normal normal,most of those NEPA guys should be relaxing In our correctional facilities (Prison)
Quote me and join them in prison!

10 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by r4bbit: 12:13am On May 25, 2022
oga just settle d nepa pple with 10 or 20k
Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Tormentedsoul: 2:53am On May 25, 2022
vr0xen:

Update

2 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Tormentedsoul: 3:01am On May 25, 2022
Kingzeez10:

Why not kuku take sniper and end everything once. Its a win-win situation for you.

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mactoni91(m): 4:21am On May 25, 2022
WetinIsabi:
And I was thinking of doing the same thing grin

I moved into a new apartment with prepaid meter. When I was inspecting the flat the agent told me no worry, once you pay you go get light cheesy cheesy cheesy. Little did I know that the previous tenant was owing a mind boggling sum of money.

When it got to the time to recharge the meter IKEDC told me to cough out N100,000. I reported to the landlady, only for mama to insist vehemently that she cleared all arrears before the prepaid meter was installed. I went to IKEDC and discovered it was all lies! cheesy mama no clear anything!

The woman ghost me from that day till now. No light, no joy, I Don tire! Na to bypass the meter dey my mind now. I no fit settle debt wey I no incur.

Why want to add more burden to postpaid customers on your Transformer?

Now, let me explain how estimated billing methodology works.

We have a metered Transformer with a total 50,000 kWh reading for April.

A total population of 70 customers with 30 of them being Prepaid meter customers while 40 are estimated.

Now, the energy recorded and paid for from all prepaid meters is deducted from the 50,000 kWh while the remaining after removing (atc&c) is shared to all postpaid customers.

So, for every Bypass you do, just know you're indirectly pushing those energy hungry appliances cost to those without a meter.

Do not be decieved, your transformer is metered and the DISCOS sometimes are not to be blamed because they would get their money for the little service you feel they rendered.

What your transformer consumes from their HT feeder is also being accounted and paid for to the Generating companies.

Meter bypass is very evil.

If you see your neighbors bypassing their meter without informing the Discos, yet you complain of high bills, just know you're indirectly paying for that meter bypass.

Why not propose a solution/way forward with your Landlady. See if the Disco offers discounts for clearing up arrears, agree with your Landlady you'd pay up the arrears Whilst you get an equivalent waiver for your next rent(This agreement should be documented)

If your Landlady refuses, just know she's mean and evil.

You should consider getting a new apartment.

Now here's a tip, before you get any apartment, visit the nearest DISCO office to find out what the payment history of the apartment looks like. This information is usually free

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Golan007: 5:23am On May 25, 2022
You should be jailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by mejai(m): 5:37am On May 25, 2022
100k...... By-passing

50k.... Reconnection

#######..... Loss of revenue.

Hold like 200k/300k.

Then beg and negotiate with them.

Don't let them print ur charges B4 negotiations. Insist on seeing the total amount B4 printing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by phemmyfour: 5:46am On May 25, 2022
Xwizard:

Get ready to pay heavily, you are just evil minded. You have the money to recharge but chose the wickedness path. You're part of the problem of this country

4 Likes

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by Handsomebb: 6:33am On May 25, 2022
vr0xen:

Chai.....

1 Like

Re: I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? by adecz: 6:34am On May 25, 2022
8 months of stolen, illegal electricity❗️❗️❗️☹️☹️

Your own selfishness too much❗️❗️

Prepare to pay fine of close to 500k
or jail ....

Haba ❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

It's people like you who like criticising
public officers for corruption❌❌❌❌

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NSCDC Intercepts Truckload Of PMS In Sacks In Ogun / 65-year-old Man Lures 10-year-old Girl Into His Room, Rapes Her. Photo / Jos: Man Stabs Prostitute He Picked Up For The Night (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.