Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. (4982 Views)

Amobi Ogah, Rep-Elect Who Praised Tinubu Apologises To Labour Party / Kano Commissioner Of Police, Wakil M. Trends On Twitter. See Why / Chima Amadi 'Exposes' Festus Keyamo On Twitter. See Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Pinklygul: 12:04pm On May 25, 2022
Reality3080:
igbos are naturally insecure

Once it’s not about them it shouldn’t be about another person

Why are you sharing all my posts?
Are you sick upstairs?

1 Share

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Pinklygul: 12:06pm On May 25, 2022
Afonjakid:

You are not making sense, your links are just Nigerian groups in USA and UK.

What of other remaining countries nko

On Nairaland website cheesy

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by 9gerian: 12:09pm On May 25, 2022
I gave you 2 examples of countries with high influx of Nigerians but you call it not making sense. The least you could have done is to provide some other statistics buttressing your argument.

Okay. I guess you are the one making all the sense.

Afonjakid:

You are not making sense, your links are just Nigerian groups in USA and UK.

What of other remaining countries nko

8 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by veekid(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2022
Reno is from which state?
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Afonjakid: 12:14pm On May 25, 2022
9gerian:
I gave you 2 examples of countries with high influx of Nigerians but you call it not making sense. The least you could have done is to provide some other statistics buttressing your argument.

You are not making sense, you gave examples of just two countries that shows that yorubas have more people in that two countries compared to igbos, what of other countries and other continents. We have morethan 200 countries in this world.
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by itaewon: 12:15pm On May 25, 2022
veekid:
Reno is from which state?
warri delta state
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by princeabdul(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2022
Some of you Igbo folks are simpleton and deluded, how does this looks like an attack on them and why are they hauling insults at him

10 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by itaewon: 12:17pm On May 25, 2022
Afonjakid:

You are not making sense, you gave examples of just two countries that shows that yorubas have more people in that two countries compared to igbos, what of other countries and other continents. We have morethan 200 countries in this world.
the only place you can find ibo more yoruba is some asian prison

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Balogunodua(m): 12:17pm On May 25, 2022
9gerian:

You are asking for stat from an Ipob Pig? cheesy

You get work walahi grin

9 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Balogunodua(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2022
Afonjakid:

He validate his claim with stat...now do the same with the country of your choice, and don't bring them say them say...stat is what we ask for.

7 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Balogunodua(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2022
itaewon:
Yap cheesy
They have developed all Asian prison grin

6 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by 9gerian: 12:24pm On May 25, 2022
Some of your people had claimed that Igbos were the majority in these 2 countries (US, UK) until the statistics were provided.

Again, this is just to correct some of the baseless assumptions of being the most travelled.

Afonjakid:

7 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by itaewon: 12:34pm On May 25, 2022
Balogunodua:
Yap cheesy
They have developed all Asian prison grin

6 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Spy360(m): 12:38pm On May 25, 2022
Reno is right.

A typical Igbo man is not subservient and cannot bow to any. All other tribes in Nigeria will most probably bow to any bully especially the yorubas. They can lie face down flat.
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Balogunodua(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2022
[quote author=itaewon post=113159327][/quote] Just doing my work comrade grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Afonjakid: 12:41pm On May 25, 2022
9gerian:
Some of your people had claimed that Igbos were the majority in these 2 countries (US, UK) until the statistics were provided.

Again, this is just to correct some of the baseless assumptions of being the most travelled.

Who claimed it, any link to it ??
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Afonjakid: 12:42pm On May 25, 2022
itaewon:

And the only place you can more afonjas than igbos is UK prisons.. Na them full there
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Balogunodua(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2022
"Ethnic Origin (232), Sex (3) and Single and Multiple
Responses (3) for Population, for Canada, Provinces,
Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census
Agglomerations" , 2001 Census - 20% Sample Data ,
Statistics Canada, 2001, retrieved 2010-08-17

Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin
Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex
(3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada,
Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas
and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census - 25% Sample
Data , Statistics Canada, 2016, retrieved 2020-12-22

9;600 Yoruba speakers

5,600 Igbo speakers

1, 900 Edo speakers

5 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by itaewon: 12:45pm On May 25, 2022
Balogunodua:

Just doing my work comrade grin grin
oya ride on comrade

3 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Balogunodua(m): 12:46pm On May 25, 2022
Afonjakid:

And the only place you can more afonjas than igbos is UK prisons.. Na them full there
Tantrum grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Balogunodua(m): 12:50pm On May 25, 2022
itaewon:
oya ride on comrade
Thanks comrade grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2022
These people and insecurity. Shame.

1 Like

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by ZombieSlaughter: 12:52pm On May 25, 2022
dawnomike:
I wonder why the reaction, he only stated his 'Personal' opinion of the yoruba tribe...

People must learn to ignore some petty talks.

I am Igbo and I see nothing wrong in what he has said...

I agree with you. But those of us who are veterans in online 'higi haga' can aetiologically trace the orging of this brouhaha.
When the social media was still young in Nigeria, there is only one tribe that you can praise without being seen as a tribalist but as a true nigerian- the yoruba. They were the truly 'sophisticated one nigeria' tribe.

If you were Igbo or non-Igbo and you praised the 'Igbos', yoruba will come for your head, nobody is expected to praise the Igbo, even if you are Igbo, you are expected to hate Igbo, so that you can be seen as a true one nigerian.

At that time the yorubas were still under the illusion that the social media is just another replica of their domination of the newspaper and electronic media..
They were silently shocked to learn of the robust population of the Igbo online community.

The same 'illiterate spare parts trading' Igbos giving them a run for their money on the social media? They were shocked. Then the JAMB, WAEC, NECO statistics starting coming in.

The 'Igbo amaka' revolution took of from there and the rest is history.
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by itaewon: 12:52pm On May 25, 2022
Balogunodua:
Thanks comrade grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by Okoroawusa: 12:54pm On May 25, 2022
dawnomike:
I wonder why the reaction, he only stated his 'Personal' opinion of the yoruba tribe...

People must learn to ignore some petty talks.

I am Igbo and I see nothing wrong in what he has said...
I am igbo too and I see Reno's post as his personal opinion...

4 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by cyril10(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Yorubas are averagely very respectful by nature, perhaps influenced by upbringing.

Thriving has nothing to do with tribes, however any man who is contented will live peacefully anywhere in the world.

The debate should be who are the most contented people in Nigeria?

The Yorubas only respects their fellow Yorubas, their respect for other tribes is just hypocritical.
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by aribisala0(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2022
The issue is not what Reno said though Is it?
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by aribisala0(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2022
ZombieSlaughter:

I agree with you. But those of us who are veterans in online 'higi haga' can aetiologically trace the orging of this brouhaha.
When the social media was still young in Nigeria, there is only one tribe that you can praise without being seen as a tribalist but as a true nigerian- the yoruba. They were the truly 'sophisticated one nigeria' tribe.

If you were Igbo or non-Igbo and you praised the 'Igbos', yoruba will come for your head, nobody is expected to praise the Igbo, even if you are Igbo, you are expected to hate Igbo, so that you can be seen as a true one nigerian.

At that time the yorubas were still under the illusion that the social media is just another replica of their domination of the newspaper and electronic media..
They were silently shocked to learn of the robust population of the Igbo online community.

The same 'illiterate spare parts trading' Igbos giving them a run for their money on the social media? They were shocked. Then the JAMB, WAEC, NECO statistics starting coming in.

The 'Igbo amaka' revolution took of from there and the rest is history.

The only thing this thread confirms is that you feel inferior to the Yoruba

What JAMB and NECO statistics?

The Anambra Miracle centre statistics? You certainly are at the top of the list for cheating in exams
When Jonathan brought out his scholarship scheme. PRESSID Yoruba consistently got nearly 50% of the slots. NO NOISE
When Soyinka won his Nobel Prize NO NOISE but your Achebe could not hide his envy

Guy leave all that Self consolation . No one is interested. You are the ones that have a need to measure plick and your plick is small.
We do not have a need to chest beat .
You are naturally an envious set of people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by ZombieSlaughter: 1:05pm On May 25, 2022
aribisala0:

The only thing this thread confirms is that you feel inferior to the Yoruba

What JAMB and NECO statistics?

The Anambra Miracle centre statistics? You certainly are at the top of the list for cheating in exams
When Jonathan brought out his scholarship scheme. PRESSID Yoruba consistently got nearly 50% of the slots. NO NOISE
When Soyinka won his Nobel Prize NO NOISE but your Achebe could not hide his envy

Guy leave all that Self consolation . No one is interested. You are the ones that have a need to measure plick and your plick is small.
We do not have a need to chest beat .
You are naturally an envious set of people

You are a yoruba man, you are naturally wired to deceive yourself, even in the face of unassailable facts.
Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by aribisala0(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2022
9gerian:
Most travelled? Not true.

Why not rely on available statistics whether direct or indirect (by inference):

https://www.nairaland.com/6846026/check-out-largest-west-african

https://www.nairaland.com/2805574/igbo-youruba-academic-exploit-uk

Hope this helps to correct the impression that you have.

Even when presented with evidence that Yorubas are more in the US they turn it to an Orubebe style "we won't accept this" . Very embarrassing!!
They are always boasting and claiming stuff with no care for facts or reality

8 Likes

Re: Reno Praised Yorubas On Twitter. See How Igbos Reacted. by 9gerian: 1:08pm On May 25, 2022
But isn’t that what you are claiming here?

Moreover, reading and hearing such claims as yours online and elsewhere in arguments every now and then is commonplace.

To help you, go and check the US statistics thread, you would find some of your people still arguing that the statistics is wrong and that Igbos are the majority in spite of the statistics released. Thank God for countries like the US and the UK who are more detailed with their data collection.

If Igbos are the most travelled, as most of you like to claim, every available statistics should buttress this argument, without which the claims become baseless.

Again, thank God for the US and the UK statistics, which provides some data for dispelling the baseless assumptions.

At this point, I lay this matter to rest until you substantiate your arguments with data. Thank you.

Afonjakid:

Who claimed it, any link to it ??

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makers And Wreckers, Heroes And Villains Of Modern Africa In Pictures / N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi / Jonathan's Independence Day Speech Video Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.