Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. (12915 Views)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / I Am Worried My O'level Isn't Good Enough For My Cv / Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by OvaSabi1(f): 6:58pm On May 27, 2022
2braithe:

You nailed it ma'am.
However, will you advise ICAN for someone who plans on going abroad?Say USA.

Yes.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by LyfeJennings(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2022
Harrykn:

Nah this kind motivation i need.
Abeg if you wan resign again consider me boss
I’m an e-diot too, a total nuisance and a complete nincompoop too.

My brother
Grace!!!!!
Grace does it
if this post motivates U
Then read over again
Don't ever give up no matter what
I swear on my life about every word I wrote there is NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
My dream is to give my mum a hundred grand from my first salary on my next job and contribute to all the mosque around area and my former area. at least even if na 25litres of petrol and diesel for each.
Ur time too go come
U will scream God's name in excitement
U will not be shamed
Just as U desire
Beyond ur imaginations
God go do am for U
Ur efforts will never be in vain
Peace and Love
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by darichlife: 7:04pm On May 27, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
not at this stage, he already submitted those documents including his date of birth during 100 level screening, won't it affect him?
I'm also in the same shoe.
I'm 32 and I'll like to serve even if it means bypassing or bribing
The school does send your date of DOB to jamb it is the one you provide that JAMB use during your mobilization and registration, the school only sends your matric number, name and course of study to NYSC it is your jamb number reflects your DOB Duriny NYSC registration and you can always change it.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by aryomikun(f): 7:05pm On May 27, 2022
If you have the funds and time.instead of waiting to start ican from professional. You can start from ATS, so hopefully by the time you are completing your degree. You are almost chartered or even chartered sef. My own opinion
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by GrandfinaIe2021: 7:09pm On May 27, 2022
darichlife:

The school does send your date of DOB to jamb it is the one you provide that JAMB use during your mobilization and registration, the school only sends your matric number, name and course of study to NYSC it is your jamb number reflects your DOB Duriny NYSC registration and you can always change it.
so if I edit it now at jamb portal hope say e no go hook me?
and is the date of birth editable if I login to the jamb portal
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Olamilekxy(m): 7:37pm On May 27, 2022
JooEeL:
One thing I know for sure is that Nigerian students are one of the dumbest set you'd ever find. The funny thing is they think they are enlightened. You'll be hearing them singing stupid songs like "Solidarity forever"... Since 1990, no difference.

So you don't know that your mates in advanced countries do not really care about 2,1 2,2 and all that crap? Even with a graduate certificate, they are good to go. Even those who don't go to school are never afraid to make out a living because the economic conditions cater for those even with minimal skills. They can work as simple drivers for logistic or delivery companies. They could do food delivery with a car or even a good bicycle. Getting a car is not so difficult; their bank can grant them a loan. They could apply for factory, sales, bakery, cleaning jobs. And their minimum wage is sizeable enough for them to save and begin building their lives. Unlike una werey for zoo wey be say one bag of rice dey more expensive pass una 18k minimum wage.

And all what you stupid students could think in your useless protest of 2 weeks ago was ASUU strike should end. So you can keep enjoying teen vibes and off-campus cohabitation abi? Una suffering never start. If you think the Caliphate who have rendered most of their youth as almajiris in the north, are the same people that will have the best in mind for you dumbheads in the south, then your fate is sorry. The walkout of the fulani education minister when some students were agitating at his office is already enough clue to let you know your destiny, by and large, as a nigerian student is doomed. No wonder when Omoluka came to peruse the ASUU protest in OAU 2 weeks ago, I could sense his disappointment with the students; a whole Ife students still singing low-life outdated protest songs and banters, instead of sitting down to understand just how Nigeria has rendered their collective destiny to null.

But you fools will not know. Na una dey suppose dey call the original SIMPs. When your brains click into gear, you all will realise that the problem cuts deeper than just grades or strike. You'll realise Nigeria is your problem; Nigeria is that "village people" you all usually waste time praying against in church. If you are not ready to find ways to disintegrate the zoo, then we'll keep seeing more threads of lamentations as this. I saw one funny guy in another thread complaining about buying 5 mangoes for 500. Him never see anything. Una go begin count notes to buy 2 maggi. cool

Which country do you reside?
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by ebenezer880(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2022
Covenant97:
Good day Nairalanders,

My name is Covenant Ajolore. A level 300 undergraduate student of Accounting in a Federal university in Nigeria.

My reason for writing is to seek advice as well as see others views as regard my current situation.

It dated back some years ago after the completion of my National diploma, graduated with distinction in accountancy from kaduna polytechnic at age 20. After that I went for my 1 year IT which I did in a bank while simultaneously applying for a DE into the university which I did not get twice(no thanks to unilorin) Two years wasted.

Unfortunately, I decide to change based and opt for a school in the North. given my grade and less competition, I got in and started from level 2 at which I was going to be 23 that year.

With high hopes and enthusiasm I thought I was going to complete my degree at age 25 and then had the chance to start a career in the big 4 (this was part of my plan) and hopefully start ICAN during service. But no thanks to Covid 19, and coupled with the current ASUU strike, it is now evident that it won’t be any way possible, and has thus aggravated my fears and stress level, due to the following effect it has on my plans/goals to be achieved.

1. i won’t be qualified for any graduate trainee job which criteria is a 2.1 and 26 years of age.(I am currently on a 4.40 CGPA and yet to write level 3 first semester exams and I am earnestly working towards graduating with a first class so the 2.1 criterion won’t be a hassle for me but the age factor would be).

2.All my course mate during my National diploma days in the polytechnic that has gone back for there HND are now graduates or currently serving.

Given my current predicaments what would be your next line of action or advice if you were to be in my shoes.

PS: The thought of writing ICAN exam is scaring the shit out of me and also life after school. I don’t know if this is common.

I'm also in ur shoes, I finished national dipolma and proceeded to the university to study a 4years course, currently in 200l... ASUU weldone
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Olamilekxy(m): 7:39pm On May 27, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:
Before comparing yourself with your mates, hope you'll also be fair to compare your self with those who have died?

I left nursing school after my year 1 to the university for same nursing (BNSc).

My mates graduated last November and are currently licensed already.

I'm still in 200 level....

I have to still appreciate God for where I am.

All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose.

It'll end in praise.

Thanks for this
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Generalwoodz(m): 8:19pm On May 27, 2022
planetE:
we gather dey the same shoe. 5 years course don turn to 8 years. me don give up for naija public varsities. I dey Spintex road Ghana now, nah bombing my NIGGAS dey teach me
What's your sleep pattern like? Do you sleep at night?
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by stonZ1: 8:35pm On May 27, 2022
I you are having it in mind that finishing school in Nigeria and get a job , you have to be worried but thinking outside the box by been creative you have no worries
Covenant97:
Good day Nairalanders,

My name is Covenant Ajolore. A level 300 undergraduate student of Accounting in a Federal university in Nigeria.

My reason for writing is to seek advice as well as see others views as regard my current situation.

It dated back some years ago after the completion of my National diploma, graduated with distinction in accountancy from kaduna polytechnic at age 20. After that I went for my 1 year IT which I did in a bank while simultaneously applying for a DE into the university which I did not get twice(no thanks to unilorin) Two years wasted.

Unfortunately, I decide to change based and opt for a school in the North. given my grade and less competition, I got in and started from level 2 at which I was going to be 23 that year.

With high hopes and enthusiasm I thought I was going to complete my degree at age 25 and then had the chance to start a career in the big 4 (this was part of my plan) and hopefully start ICAN during service. But no thanks to Covid 19, and coupled with the current ASUU strike, it is now evident that it won’t be any way possible, and has thus aggravated my fears and stress level, due to the following effect it has on my plans/goals to be achieved.

1. i won’t be qualified for any graduate trainee job which criteria is a 2.1 and 26 years of age.(I am currently on a 4.40 CGPA and yet to write level 3 first semester exams and I am earnestly working towards graduating with a first class so the 2.1 criterion won’t be a hassle for me but the age factor would be).

2.All my course mate during my National diploma days in the polytechnic that has gone back for there HND are now graduates or currently serving.

Given my current predicaments what would be your next line of action or advice if you were to be in my shoes.

PS: The thought of writing ICAN exam is scaring the shit out of me and also life after school. I don’t know if this is common.

1 Like

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Freemasonry: 9:02pm On May 27, 2022
I have this remote control that lets you pause your life and ▶️ when you're ready.

Are you ready to ▶️ ?

But seriously tho; you shouldn't let what you can't change weigh you down, instead look for things you can change in your circumstance and give it your best shot.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by darichlife: 9:25pm On May 27, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
so if I edit it now at jamb portal hope say e no go hook me?
and is the date of birth editable if I login to the jamb portal
Honestly you can't edit by yourself, you to visit a JAMB office to do that and it wil cost almost 3k. When you are done you now inform your school to send your name to senate list for mobilization.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Sirchiboy: 9:26pm On May 27, 2022
Vickho:
Mine I got admitted in 2017 to a federal university at 26, I was due to graduate in the 2020/2021 session at age 29 so I could be eligible to serve but the COVID-19/ASUU strike in 2020 and this current strike that started on February 14 has dampened my plans.
I'm 31 years now and wouldn't be qualified for NYSC
All ASUU members will die a very painful death.

finished high school at 16.
Didn't have a sponsor then so I had to hustle, I hustled for 3 years and the proceeds from the hustle was the capital I used to set up a business.
At 21 I learnt plumbing and few other skills for two years while managing my business, at 25 I now decided to sponsor myself in the University, got admitted the following year (26) and was doing well academically (2:1) before Nigerian Government under APC and ASUU engaged on a tussle that has so affected me.
I'm so depressed at my age I'm still bearing the student tag embarassed

Same here.
I am 32 and i will be exempted.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Ikeali(m): 9:28pm On May 27, 2022
Please does anyone know this company DD African Co. I have an interview at 3 orishigun street iyana b/stop beside sterling bank ketu Lagos.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by adeddamola(f): 9:29pm On May 27, 2022
Hi covenant,

Just so you know, your worries are valid.

While ASUU is still on strike, endeavour to learn skills related to your discipline online (udemy, cousera, linkedin e.t.x)

It has been aforementioned here, you can apply for masters on scholarship to schools abroad ,especially USA if you are looking for full funding and sometimes Canada. You can work with big 4 in their headquarters or offices in abroad and not necessarily Nigeria with their ridiculous not more than 26 years by December.

I wish you well Convenant. It will surely end in praise.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by GrandfinaIe2021: 10:25pm On May 27, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Same here. I am 32 and i will be exempted.
I'm 32 and in final year as well. I just found out a way to be qualified to serve for NYSC sha
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Sirchiboy: 10:32pm On May 27, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
I'm 32 and in final year as well.
I just found out a way to be qualified to serve for NYSC sha
I have been mobilized already.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by haryomikun(m): 10:58pm On May 27, 2022
Covenant97:
Good day Nairalanders,

Ever heard of thinking out of the box? You see, thinking out of the box isn’t just for high-level professionals and businesspeople. It’s for everyone who wants to make a mark and I’m sure you’re one of them, going by your consistency in your academics.

Now’s the time to think out of the box. You know there’s a possibility you might not work in the big 4. What’s the contingent plan? What’s the Plan B?

Your fear is focused on the fact that you’ve dreamed for at least 5-10 years about being an accountant and working in the big 4. But when you look at things, the situation of the country is not what it used to be.

I’m in your shoes, closely nearing the 26 year-age limit for companies, and I’ve not taken my 300l exams. However, I have absolutely no fear. I’ve revamped my Data Science learning during this ASUU strike since tech companies either have higher or zero age limits.

If you’re looking for a remote job, there’s absolutely no age limit. I’m dead sure that a single remote job will pay you more than the 3-month salary of your dream big 4 job

My solution be dynamic… You had the brains to keep a 4.40 CGPA. Now utilize the brain for dynamism. Look past your ‘dreams’ and forge new ones.

Look for how you can get a job past the 26 year old limit in an unconventional way if you don’t want to give up your dreams. Or you can look up a totally different path.

If you can’t, then you were never truly intelligent.

1 Like

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Treasure17(m): 11:59pm On May 27, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
I need that book, is there a soft copy?
I have no idea but you can check their website.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by sript: 12:43am On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:

Please can u share how you intend bypassing that age limit for u to be eligible for mobilization...pls help a brother, we in this struggle together
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by sript: 12:47am On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:

Pls how were you able to navigate your way past the age limit and qualified for mobilization...pls help... I'm past the age.. still in my final year
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by sript: 12:53am On May 28, 2022
darichlife:

So it means the only solution for one to effect the changes in DOB is to go to jamb office to do the necessary changes

Pls reply it urgent.. thanks bro
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by GrandfinaIe2021: 1:07am On May 28, 2022
sript:

So it means the only solution for one to effect the changes in DOB is to go to jamb office to do the necessary changes

Pls reply it urgent.. thanks bro
exactly boss and this is the right time to do it before mobilization starts for our final year set.
heard its 3k and they'll Change it and most people that were wey older had their DOB changed.
as soon as strike is called off I'll head over to jamb office.
you can kindly drop your WhatsApp so we run it together, update and check up frequently
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by mdntiri(m): 3:54am On May 28, 2022
planetE:
we gather dey the same shoe. 5 years course don turn to 8 years. me don give up for naija public varsities. I dey Spintex road Ghana now, nah bombing my NIGGAS dey teach me
You're in another man's country committing an illegality and spoiling the name of both Nigeria and your host country? And you're not ashamed to be saying it here? Continue
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by planetE(m): 4:14am On May 28, 2022
Generalwoodz:

What's your sleep pattern like? Do you sleep at night?

no sleep ooo, infact I DEY BOMB NOW

1 Like

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by planetE(m): 4:15am On May 28, 2022
mdntiri:

You're in another man's country committing an illegality and spoiling the name of both Nigeria and your host country? And you're not ashamed to be saying it here? Continue

I will continue because the bombing go pay laslas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by sript: 7:23am On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
exactly boss and this is the right time to do it before mobilization starts for our final year set.
heard its 3k and they'll Change it and most people that were wey older had their DOB changed.
as soon as strike is called off I'll head over to jamb office.
you can kindly drop your WhatsApp so we run it together, update and check up frequently

Alright..07038655288 that's my whatapp number
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Johnchrix(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2022
SimeonOTC:

expect you are not leaving in Nigeria, everything you typed is complete trash and you shouldn't be allowing this nonsense out of your brain.. it will make people think you are stupid.

what knowledge and enlightenment does school give with their outdating low self-esteem curriculum?

'...he should be empowering people..'grin, with what exactly? do higher gift graduate funds after graduation? where do you him to get the fund to build a business and start employing and empowering people within a short time after graduation ?

'..Little capital, massive return..'grin come, listen to me, you very stupid..

Oga I wount trade word's with you, but the truth is that entrepreneurship has been a compulsory elective in the education System, recently introduced by the Nuc. Entrepreneurship/Skills cannot be overemphasized in the current economy. I feel your pain as one who read a theoretical course, ending up frustrated and jobless, with no source of livelihood.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by GrandfinaIe2021: 9:06am On May 28, 2022
planetE:

no sleep ooo, infact I DEY BOMB NOW
audio bombing.
Yinmu
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Dorlarphor10: 9:10am On May 28, 2022
LyfeJennings:

Lmao
Let me tell U a true life story
At the age of 27, I almost committed suicide cos I wasn't unemployable
I was a nuisance
A nincompoop
An e-dirt
At 30, I got my job in the corporate world as an intern
I interned for 3years +
Resigned out of anger
God gave me another chance as a full staff in another firm
Then I am still an idiot
about to resign to another much more well paying job which will take away my financial tears
I mean earning over half a million per month
My dear, Life happens when U least expect
Just be hopeful and prayerful

Sir, can I know the profession and the skills you had to get there
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by SimeonOTC(m): 9:36am On May 28, 2022
Johnchrix:

Oga I wount trade word's with you, but the truth is that entrepreneurship has been a compulsory elective in the education System, recently introduced by the Nuc. Entrepreneurship/Skills cannot be overemphasized in the current economy. I feel your pain as one who read a theoretical course, ending up frustrated and jobless, with no source of livelihood.

Lol..kikiki..I typed my previous comment inside my officegrin.. I was taking a nap when i stumble on your pathetic comment.

meanwhile, what Entrepreneurship in what educational system are you talking about? I am graduate privileged to attend both University and Polytechnic, the reason you gave that laughable comment was because you never attended any..
Conduct a research and see how messed up you Country's higher institution is.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Shegricho: 10:04am On May 28, 2022
Johnchrix:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.

Only F00Ls make statements like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Bans Worker 'Noncompete' Agreements, Making It Easier For Workers To Quit / What You Sow Is What You Reap. / Aptech, NIIT Or Karrox For Oracle Certificatification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.