Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. (12682 Views)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / I Am Worried My O'level Isn't Good Enough For My Cv / Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by LyfeJennings(m): 10:08am On May 28, 2022
Dorlarphor10:

Sir, can I know the profession and the skills you had to get there

I work in the financial world
No skills
tho I got a Masters Sha
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by mdntiri(m): 10:52am On May 28, 2022
planetE:

I will continue because the bombing go pay laslas
Don't worry, the police would soon be your friend
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Harrykn: 2:38pm On May 28, 2022
LyfeJennings:

My brother
Grace!!!!!
Grace does it
if this post motivates U
Then read over again
Don't ever give up no matter what
I swear on my life about every word I wrote there is NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
My dream is to give my mum a hundred grand from my first salary on my next job and contribute to all the mosque around area and my former area. at least even if na 25litres of petrol and diesel for each.
Ur time too go come
U will scream God's name in excitement
U will not be shamed
Just as U desire
Beyond ur imaginations
God go do am for U
Ur efforts will never be in vain
Peace and Love

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Harrykn: 2:43pm On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
same here bro, my ID card sef don expire, project wey I stop for chapter 2 and 3 it was in my PC, PC crashed and I lost all of them. Now I need to start afresh.
We wey dey this final year set we don hear am and after we finally graduate I go give testimony for church.
Right now I dey for my house dey waste from Monday to Friday while people are going to work and jobs no even dey here sef which certificate I wan use
Uniben sef don show me shege.
We'll surely overcome at last.
Cc shineoneday
Omor, me i no risk am oh... and get all my project materials for my ext.flsh, my iphone and my system. Writing yours again no funny atall. It might look simple but someone like my lecture! “Oboy nah like this you go take write mek i give you B?” E no even talk of A oh!
The lord is your strength �
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by darichlife: 3:11pm On May 28, 2022
sript:

So it means the only solution for one to effect the changes in DOB is to go to jamb office to do the necessary changes

Pls reply it urgent.. thanks bro
Yes and thats all. Then do your NYSC mobilization on the school portal . Then wait for NYSC registration.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by sript: 5:26pm On May 28, 2022
darichlife:

Yes and thats all. Then do your NYSC mobilization on the school portal . Then wait for NYSC registration.

Thanks so much for the invaluable info... wink
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Covenant97(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2022
� thanks for your comment I appreciate. But then, Bayero university is not a weak school and her student can complete favorable with other schools in Nigeria.Reason why my department here has both ICAN and ACCA accreditation. What this means is that A Bsc from my school Accounting department would be exempted from 7 papers same as an ICAN holder when writing ACCA.
PS ACCA is an internationally and globally Accounting body and hold more water than ICAN. So if such a body can accredit my school it shows the quality and credibility of the school.
oluwaseyi0:
stop stressing yourself over what's is out of your reach

just do your best and hope for the best

there are more than just '4' accounting/auditing firms in the country, don't cage yourself to the big 4, you should have learned that from your preferred university's continuous rejection

But on a joking note, you run to weak and inferior northern universities to snap first class, you think say you dey wise

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Covenant97(m): 6:02pm On May 28, 2022
Thanks a lot. Please if I may ask what are the processes involved regarding foreign scholarships and how did you go about it. Please I will need your guidance henceforth so that I can start working towards it.
Thank you.
If u need my contact or WhatsApp I would gladly drop it here so we can connect and be in close touch.
ASHTAROTH:
Covenant97

I was in your shoes few years ago.
I also came to naira land for advice. https://www.nairaland.com/2746344/please-advice-degree-nursing-degree

Please, don't despair, you are almost there.

Forget Nigeria, you are brilliant, focus on graduating with a first or strong 2:1, start foreign admission in your penultimate year. By God's grace I got in for more than 3 PhD admissions (all fully funded) before I even wrote my final exams in Uni. You can do same too!
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Covenant97(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2022
Thank you so much for this.
luskysylver:
U DON'T NEED TO BE AFRAID OF THE FUTURE FOR ANY REASON OK. FIRST AND FOREMOST WHEN THE STRIKE IS OVER AND U GRADUATE APPRECIATE GOD FOR THAT FIRST. SECONDLY DURING UR NYSC, U CAN START UR ICAN EXAM AND BELIEVE U MEAN ICAN IS NOT AS DIFFICULT AS U THINK IT IS. I HAVE IT AND I CAN TELL U FOR SURE. U CAN BE WRITING THE PAPERS PIECEMEAL OK. U MUST NOT WRITE EVERYTHING ONCE. SECONDLY UR DESTINY AND UR FUTURE DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE DESTINY AND FUTURE OF OTHERS. U ARE ADDING PRESSURE ON YOURSELF FOR COMPARING YOURSELF WITH UR FORMER COURSE MATES. U MUST BE RICHER THAN SOME, SOME MUST BE RICHER THAN U, SOME WILL MARRY BE U AND U WILL MARRY B4 SOME. JUST FOLLOW UR OWN PATH, BUT WHICH EVER PATH U HAVE CHOSEN MAKE SURE U ARE MOVING FORWARD. THIS IS FROM A HEART THAT ONCE HAD SUCH FEARS. U DONT NEED TO BE AFRAID PLS.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Covenant97(m): 6:07pm On May 28, 2022
I school in BUK but I am currently at home due to the strike action.. Are you also a Bukite?
PermSec01:
@ op are you in BUK
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Covenant97(m): 6:33pm On May 28, 2022
My sincere appreciation goes to everyone that has contributed thus far, and the amount of wisdom I got here is breathtaking. I will pick and implement the ones that suit my current disposition.
I am a bit relieve now given your advice.God bless all Nairalanders, you all are the real MVP.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by PermSec01(m): 6:45pm On May 28, 2022
Covenant97:
I school in BUK but I am currently at home due to the strike action.. Are you also a Bukite?
from your write up i just figured it out..... But yh btry ooo.... 4.40 CGPA.... Wat level are yhu

By the way i'm done and dusted 4rm BUK and i think at the right time, to escape both una new VC badluck on the school electricity and ASUU as well grin

1 Like

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by ASHTAROTH: 7:03pm On May 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by JooEeL(m): 7:25pm On May 28, 2022
Olamilekxy:

Which country do you reside?

I can't answer this on here bro.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by darichlife: 7:52pm On May 28, 2022
sript:

Thanks so much for the invaluable info... wink
You are most welcome for more.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Olamilekxy(m): 8:02pm On May 28, 2022
JooEeL:

I can't answer this on here bro.

Why , are you on a run?
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Shineoneday: 9:36pm On May 28, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
same here bro, my ID card sef don expire, project wey I stop for chapter 2 and 3 it was in my PC, PC crashed and I lost all of them. Now I need to start afresh.
We wey dey this final year set we don hear am and after we finally graduate I go give testimony for church.
Right now I dey for my house dey waste from Monday to Friday while people are going to work and jobs no even dey here sef which certificate I wan use
Uniben sef don show me shege.
We'll surely overcome at last.
Cc shineoneday

Bro me don tire for this skul Mata, ASUU no just de help Mata at all, see Asup now as FG release fund they call off their strike,
Omoh my house rent for off campus don de read anyhow, I de think were fund go come like this the more the strike the more the thinking as e de long,
Jobs that I'm seeing them no wan gree take student waiting for ASUU strike as they can call it off anytime.
Na hux I de i just they learn n do my project at least my supervisor for project still better as she allow communication via WhatsApp .
Guy if I finally move out of uniben ehhh, omoh the celebration go loud abeg I go too thank God
5yrs cux don de turn 7yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Covenant97(m): 12:10am On May 29, 2022
I am currently in level 300 Accounting department... I swear you get luck ooo

The VC Dey dull us and even ASUU strike and FG Dey use is play Ludo
PermSec01:
from your write up i just figured it out..... But yh btry ooo.... 4.40 CGPA.... Wat level are yhu

By the way i'm done and dusted 4rm BUK and i think at the right time, to escape both una new VC badluck on the school electricity and ASUU as well grin
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by PermSec01(m): 10:21am On May 29, 2022
Covenant97:
I am currently in level 300 Accounting department... I swear you get luck ooo

The VC Dey dull us and even ASUU strike and FG Dey use is play Ludo
no worry yhu will scale 2ru....and d yeye VC dey run 15weeks of lectures now grin i feel for una.... Yhu get luck.... Accounting innBUK since my set class of 2020/21 has become hell... Prior to our set accounting dept usually have the highest first class graduate afta computer science with multitude of 2:1 grad and least 2:2....but 4rm our set things changed.... They added new courses and yhu knw wat more than half of the class came back including the class rep....i hope yhu can sustain your CGPA ooo if it was b4 i can confidemtly say yhu will finish with first class.... But nau yhu must work really hard and smart for it cos things done change since fire catch dat dept grin

1 Like

Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by 2braithe: 2:21pm On May 31, 2022
JooEeL:

It is short-term solutions since 1990 that has brought us to where we are today. Small manageable but ultimately useless short-term solutions is why ASUU has struck more than 20 times in the last 20 years.

If you are from Yoruba land, go and ask your parents what education was like when Yoruba was at least in its regional government and see what we achieved. There were no useless strikes. School was affordable and free for the most part. In fact, Awolowo's education policy had Yoruba well-to-do volunteering in many ways. Many gave out their buildings and lands for free education. This was our trajectory until One Nigeria dislodged us. Many of the Oduduwa institutions built within that period: OAU, UI etc. are still the remaining citadels holding out its glory still -- albeit fading.

Long and short, the time for that long-term solution is now!

Nigeria can never split up.

Look at what they are doing to Nnamdi Kanu for agitating for Biafra.Look at what they are doing to Sunday Igboho for agitating Yoruba nation.

The forces that gain immensely from Nigeria won't allow Biafra or Oduduwa to raise head.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:35am On Jun 15, 2022
darichlife:

Honestly you can't edit by yourself, you to visit a JAMB office to do that and it wil cost almost 3k. When you are done you now inform your school to send your name to senate list for mobilization.

It’s almost impossible now.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by darichlife: 8:51am On Jun 15, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:

It’s almost impossible now.
Whats the new development we are all missing?
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2022
darichlife:

Whats the new development we are all missing?

Change of DOB has been canceled on waec so technically I think jamb as well. I think I got the waec news something this year or last year but u see that jamb stuff it’s almost impossible since 2020 I graduated. 5 of my friends was unable to do it to elope to nysc in 2020.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by darichlife: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:

Change of DOB has been canceled on waec so technically I think jamb as well. I think I got the waec news something this year or last year but u see that jamb stuff it’s almost impossible since 2020 I graduated. 5 of my friends was unable to do it to elope to nysc in 2020.
At JAMB CBT Centers it is possible was there last year.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by Creeknigga(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
2braithe:

How about they that haven't been paid salary since strike?
There problem cos they decided to go on strike and I believe something will be worked out in terms of their salary maybe not the complete 6 months but of course they must get something.
Re: The Tales Of A Worried Undergraduate. by lovemaths(f): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2022
A lot of students have learnt a lots of skills and are currently earning during this strike.

Send me a message on Whatsapp to get the link to join the Whatsapp group where I will be dropping several opportunities to acquire digital, IT, Arts, Technical and Vocational skills that are free or paid.

Learn skills like:
Animation 101
Arts and crafts
Audio engineering and music production
Back-end development (node.js)
Back-end development (python)
Barbing
Brand identity/graphics design
Catering
Cloud computing
Content writing
Copywriting
Creative writing - short story, narrative essay, memoir
Custom web development
Cryptocurrency
Data analytics
Data science
Digital marketing
Facebook ads
Fashion design
Film making
Front end web development (html CSS javascript)
Furniture
Graphic design
Hair styling
Leather works
Makeup
Media studies
Mixology
Mobile App development
Modeling
Multimedia and digital media
Product design (UI/UX)
Product management
Quality assurance
Social media marketing
Video animation
Wordpress development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Tech Skill Can I Combine With Bricklaying? / Ask Me Any Question On Chartered Institute Of Purchasing And Supply (CIPS) / Why Did You Become A Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.