Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency (20429 Views)

2023: Jonathan's Lawyer, Omare Reacts After Court Clears Jonathan / Between Peter Obi And A Nigerian Who Asked Him To Contest Presidency In 2023 / Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by ityP(m): 1:28pm On May 27, 2022
zionstaar75:
u get sense, Jonathan will never win apart primary, just watch

GEJ has been catching cruise for sometime. He isn't admitting or debunking anything. It's all part of the plan. The northern elites are using him as a smokescreen.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Abujaexpress: 1:28pm On May 27, 2022
ikpumbe:

Which 9yrs?

His constitutional remote started 2011.

Before 2011. He was just an acting President
Acting President when he actually became a substantive President when his boss, President Yar' Adua died?
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 1:29pm On May 27, 2022
ityP:
I don't think he will be on the ballot sha. All these games is just to hide what they are actually planning. Now, focus would be on GEJ while they're finalising their plans

We will be watching them.

1 Like

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by dalass(f): 1:29pm On May 27, 2022
Arysexy:

The good thing is that the judas of Southern Nigeria whom the North used to scuttle South tenure with the hope that they will compensate him is now getting served.

Talk of Nemesis

Exactly! grin

Let him get served...

Then the whole nation will now suffer more because Jonathan is going for only one term of four clueless years. He only used most of Obasanjos selected and he was voted out for his very weak, disrespected government . We can't afford such again plus Madams Patience embarrassing attitude and massive corruption.

We don't learn from the past in this country undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by MartinsD12(m): 1:29pm On May 27, 2022
adioolayi:

https://punchng.com/breaking-court-clears-jonathan-to-contest-presidency/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1653651401-1
I told them Jonathan is eligible, even lie lie falana was lying maybe because his brother tinubu is running and he didn't want Jonathan to push him down, a lawyer of such caliber SAN to be turning the law upside down because of his tribalistic gain or whatever
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 1:31pm On May 27, 2022
ityP:

GEJ has been catching cruise for sometime. He isn't admitting or debunking anything. It's all part of the plan. The northern elites are using him as a smokescreen.

Too late.tinubu wins
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by RillJ(m): 1:32pm On May 27, 2022
Never ! Jonathan should have stayed out with his head held high!

bennybuhari:
Can Jonathan defeat Tinubu in a free, fair primary?
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Boyooosa(m): 1:32pm On May 27, 2022
kollinz1234:
9ja sad

Anyways, the only reason I love this opportunity given to Jonathan is because it will cut that ancestral spirit (TINUBU) to size.

I just hope Nigerians and the current birthday people (delegates) will put the interest of this country at heart and present to us either Osinbanjo, Jonathan, Obi or Kwankwaso. Imagine this four men on the ballot, how will we not have hope for a better Nigeria

Ok imagine having Tinubu, Wike, Atiku or Adamu Garba on the ballot shocked are we not finished

We need a visionary to rule us not desperate greedy old power drunk thugs.

✓100%
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Segzy19: 1:33pm On May 27, 2022
APC government and Buhari blamed Jonathan for the sorry state they took over the country in 2015. They kept blaming Jonathan for corruption, insecurities, economic collapse and every bad thing in the country yet the same APC wants to hand over power back to the same Jonathan...

What a shame...
Well, let's see how it goes soon....
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by commyhot: 1:33pm On May 27, 2022
[quote author=bennybuhari post=113220255]Can Jonathan defeat Tinubu in a free, fair primary?

I doubt it
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 1:34pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

From his behaviour during the Bayelsa election, you could sense something was up. He will issue a statement before the end of tomorrow.

Nothing is up. Its all a charade,he won't contest.he isn't that foolish and senseless
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by ityP(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:

Too late.tinubu wins

Oga, Buhari cannot hand over to Tinubu. It's impossible. Tinubu is too cunning for them to trust him. Presidents are not fools. Just like governors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by tsdarkside(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:

Nothing is up. Its all a charade,he won't contest.he isn't that foolish and senseless

oohh....he is stvpid enough....thats why somebody labeled him something buffoon back then....
most nigerians have already forgotin jonathan....

1 Like

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 27, 2022
Jonathan is the most clueless human on earth right now. He is going to be disgraced.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 1:44pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:
So who is the Candidate?

My fingers are crossed and I can't wait for Sunday.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 1:45pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:
Too late. Tinubu wins
In a fair Primary where there is no intervention.

I will be here on Sunday.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Richmood11: 1:47pm On May 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Tinubu, ęni a wi fun, oba jé o gbo.

Afenifere warned you
Yoruba Council of elders warned you.
We youths(not those blind ones) also warned you.

You said Jonathan was corrupt and bereft of ideas but today, APC had broken a clear record and set a new one on corruption, nepotism, tribalism, insecurity and other vices. Not in the history of Nigeria had students stayed this long at home and your party said you'd
improve education.

We told you that mallams don't value education and/or economy as evident in their region and the way they steal today openly, but you said the ailing buhari was the messiah, carrying him in your jets all over the country and beyond, campaigning for him, blowing our money like no man's business, just to fulfill your selfish utopian lifetime ambition.

Anyone reading this should learn from this selfish man. He's going to be shamed a few days to come. Yorubas cannot be put to shame because he's not representing us. He's representing his personal interests only

I learnt he's planning to form a regional government lol. Not in my region again. We don wise pass that level now. He should rather retire or form that regional government in his family hiuse or he faces more disgrace.

He/she who struggles for power never gets it...it's a wise saying. Anyone in doubt should check it from 1960 till now.

Thank you jare
Aare Gani adams don talk am, say weten dem go do am go worst pass weten dem do abiola , tinubu has hand in almost all the crises going on in the south west , but they won’t say it , I just hope another party should try to win Lagos election sha that’s when people will now how much damage the idiot man has caused them, they keep saying Lagos is developed lol , whereas it has been on one single spot since , no states in Africa should be as developed as Lagos on the norms if it was treated properly.... most people keep shouting about OBJ neglected them during his tenure but they don’t know the main reason ....Tinubu as finished them in that state but dem no ready to listen yet , only if any one can tell me why they ganged up against ambode ? Just because he failed to remit the start funds to the bourdillion man and didn’t appoint his( tinubu)people in some strategic in his( ambode) just to serve his own selfish interest...I pray lagosians wise up someday sha

3 Likes

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by ufotunang: 1:47pm On May 27, 2022
Court in yenagoa Bayelsa... what do you expect...the judge Jonathan brother must clear him to contest

2 Likes

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by GreyLaw(m): 1:47pm On May 27, 2022
uniquetechng:
Tinubu is just a two time governor, Jonathan on the other hand is a former president and globally recognised diplomat.

Bro let me complete it for you: Jonathan is a former deputy governor, then governor, then Vice president, then president, then now a globally recognised diplomat.

Tinubu cannot enter where Jonathan enters in the comity of nations and who is who. They are hot even mates.

These people comparing Tinubu to Jonathan are they even okay at all?

4 Likes

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Mrexcell(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2022
This is the greatest political disgrace any politician can ever receive imagine after labouring for yrs to build up a house ur sworn enemy who u spent so much energy to demarket and dispise now come from nowhere to now inherit ur house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by alfsalami: 1:55pm On May 27, 2022
It will be a slap on the faces of
apc founding fathers , a disservice from pmb and the death of apc for a clueless Jonathan to be the apc flag bearer

1 Like

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by GreyLaw(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2022
tsdarkside:
what does it matter....??

jonathan failed already....he is not suitable to become president again....
most nigerians know buhari did better against boko haram....fight fire with fire....

How was Buhari better against BH? You know that's a lie! Okay, let's say he was better, how about the menace of bandits, Herdsmen, UGM, etc?

Or is BH the only problem in Nigeria now? Corruption is worse. Afterall Buhari just released two convicted, corrupt governors to you. How about the economy, how about the complete disregard for federal character?

Now I know some people posting on this forum are completely biased!

Mind you I never voted Jonathan.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 1:58pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

In a fair Primary where there is no intervention.

I will be here on Sunday.

There may shift it till Monday or tues
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Shevchenkko: 1:59pm On May 27, 2022
Moferere:

You people sha like to dey deceive yourselves.

Jonathan will not be on the ballot.

Know this and know peace
Reserve the tears yet

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 2:00pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

So who is the Candidate?

My fingers are crossed and I can't wait for Sunday.

Inec has recognized ogah.has apc finished primaries in sokoto and Benue?
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by tsdarkside(m): 2:01pm On May 27, 2022
GreyLaw:

How was Buhari better against BH? You know that's a lie! Okay, let's say he was better, how about the menace of bandits, Herdsmen, UGM, etc?

Or is BH the only problem in Nigeria now? Corruption is worse. Afterall Buhari just released two convicted, corrupt governors to you. How about the economy, how about the complete disregard for federal character?

Now I know some people posting on this forum are completely biased!

Mind you I never voted Jonathan.

How was Buhari not better against BH....??...with buhari,nigerian police,military and navy got upgraded rapidly....nigerian army has become a feared black army world wide....
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by hohafrank(m): 2:01pm On May 27, 2022
bennybuhari:
Can Jonathan defeat Tinubu in a free, fair primary?
The question should be has Tinubu ever win in any free and fair elections?
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by President2001(m): 2:02pm On May 27, 2022
Jonathan will rubbish himself
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 2:02pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:

Inec has recognized ogah.has apc finished primaries in sokoto and Benue?
Just like I said.... Penguin2

BENUE is voting, I don't know of Sokoto but Gemade is urging the NWC to jettison Direct Primary.

PS: Imagine me typing grenade....na wah for me sef cry
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 2:06pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

Just like I said.... Penguin2

BENUE is voting, I don't know of Sokoto but Grenade is urging the NWC to jettison Direct Primary.

Gemade faction is illegal.what of taraba and kwara
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by tsdarkside(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2022
flamingREED:
Inukwa!
So me wey don suffer for APC hand go finally go dey vote APC for ballot because of Jona eh?

Imagine the shock I will feel. sad sad

imagine fighting apc over years and then forced to accept apc afterall because of jonathan....
nigerian politics is the most ridiculous in the entire world....

1 Like

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 2:06pm On May 27, 2022
President2001:
Jonathan will rubbish himself

Gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olu Falae Took N100m From Anenih – Sahara Reporters / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi / Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.