Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad (1088 Views)

How Can A Broke Guy Start Toasting A Girl? / 17 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Broke Guy / Seven Kinds Of Ladies Around A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Coolbanke: 12:02pm On May 29, 2022
Happy Sunday Fam.

I know this isn't the right place. But...��‍♂️

I'm a final year student in my mid twenties, performing well academically (not relevant though) but lack any substantial skill of note. Owing largely to the belief of my parents that school is everything.

*Here's my plight

Like many students, I've been at home for months now due to the strike and despite the fact that I would like to learn a skill or two, there's just no fund to do that. As a result, I have toured Kaduna (at least to a reasonable extent) in search of a job but to no avail thus far.

As the only male child, it is really disheartening seeing my parents struggle each day to feed and my dad has made it a point of duty to always taunt me about it. Always reminding me of how he had already left home at my age and how he was always "sending" to his dad then. My mum isn't even getting younger and is fast becoming a shadow of herself. My inability to quickly help out at home is really eating me up

I've been thinking of leaving home. Probably to another state to find something doing whilst waiting for resumption. But, there isn't anywhere to go to. Besides, I know that isn't the solution to my problem. A job is what I need.

Now the question is, will it be wise for me to leave home to stay with a friend in another state with the hope of getting a job or stay back at home and keep searching till I find one?

I feel lost, confused and empty

Ur advice, support and even bashing are very welcomed. I'm also open to any job opportunity including teaching and private lessons within Kaduna if I will end up staying.
Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Kiliwuwu: 3:00pm On May 29, 2022
bro I will advise u to finish schooling b4 leaving home ,I'm presently in your shoes and I will love to tell you that its not easy outside here ,I graduated last year nd I left home early Jan to another state ........ though I hardly calls home for money cuz I'm earning some peanut here , me wey dey chop 5 times in a day for house now I na twice in a day i dey chop, nothing comes easily bro....just graduate first so dat d suffernes go be once ....u fit look for job for ur area nd keep managing

4 Likes

Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by 40fy: 3:11pm On May 29, 2022

**Skibo!!!

**Seems we all going through something!!!

1 Like

Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Moeman: 3:39pm On May 29, 2022
e no dey easy bro na the struggles and untold stories of life
Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Coolbanke: 9:53pm On May 29, 2022
Kiliwuwu:
bro I will advise u to finish schooling b4 leaving home ,I'm presently in your shoes and I will love to tell you that its not easy outside here ,I graduated last year nd I left home early Jan to another state ........ though I hardly calls home for money cuz I'm earning some peanut here , me wey dey chop 5 times in a day for house now I na twice in a day i dey chop, nothing comes easily bro....just graduate first so dat d suffernes go be once ....u fit look for job for ur area nd keep managing

Thanks bro
Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Ocholu: 1:40am On May 30, 2022
If ah say make you learn digital skills now, some people go talk say na rada rada ah de talk. But na wetin de pay boys bills atm.

Use this time and energy learn some skills that'll lift you out of the trenches. Jobs no de anywhere. Even if you get, na peanuts them go de pay you.

But there's a constant problem a digital skills solves. People wey de make money today, na people wey de solve these problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Savagr(m): 3:07am On May 30, 2022
Coolbanke:
Happy Sunday Fam.

I'm a final year student in my mid twenties, performing well academically (not relevant though) but lack any substantial skill of note. Owing largely to the belief of my parents that school is everything.

*Here's my plight

Like many students, I've been at home for months now due to the strike and despite the fact that I would like to learn a skill or two, there's just no fund to do that. As a result, I have toured Kaduna (at least to a reasonable extent) in search of a job but to no avail thus far.

As the only male child, it is really disheartening seeing my parents struggle each day to feed and my dad has made it a point of duty to always taunt me about it. Always reminding me of how he had already left home at my age and how he was always "sending" to his dad then. My mum isn't even getting younger and is fast becoming a shadow of herself. My inability to quickly help out at home is really eating me up

I've been thinking of leaving home. Probably to another state to find something doing whilst waiting for resumption. But, there isn't anywhere to go to. Besides, I know that isn't the solution to my problem. A job is what I need.

Now the question is, will it be wise for me to leave home to stay with a friend in another state with the hope of getting a job or stay back at home and keep searching till I find one?

Ur advice, support and even bashing are very welcomed. I'm also open to any job opportunity including teaching and private lessons within Kaduna if I will end up staying.
do you care for a little teaching on web development

Absolutely free
Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by okoroemeka(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2022
Coolbanke:
Happy Sunday Fam.

*Here's my plight

it is better you swallow your shame and stay in your mama house and eat mama thank you,the reality you will see outside will not be funny at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Coolbanke: 11:35am On May 30, 2022
Savagr:
do you care for a little teaching on web development

Absolutely free

Sure, I do
Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by Savagr(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2022
Coolbanke:

Sure, I do
send your whatsapp digit

Tried sending the link but it didn't work
Re: The Ordeals Of A Broke Undergrad by praizmylex(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2022
Bro me I care too o 08130853238

(1) (Reply)

Husband Puts His Face In Wife’s Bûtt At A Party – Video / Please, Why Is My Poop Like This? / Woman Celebrates 1 Year Anniversary With Her Man Whom She Friend Zone For 25yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.