Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? (2157 Views)

Praise The Lord... The Lords Chosen Is 20 Years (Photos) / Adeboye: My Friend Screamed Praise The Lord When We Heard Nigeria's N55trn Debt / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop deviating! Rather process the response carefully. undecided

You are twisting everything but I am straightening them back for you to see!
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
“I receive not honour from men.”
— John 5:41 (KJV)
Explain this only.

Let me see how well you understand English first.
Maybe that is your problem, you are attempting to explain the verse without paying attention to the contextual message intended by its author. Again, go back through the context and make sure you follow it to see what Jesus Christ is telling you of His person and Kingdom. undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I actually should be the one asking you, from what you have posted where is Jesus Christ written to have said that you should praise Him. undecided

2. It seems you are again projecting your confusion onto me here. I clearly explained in my earlier post that Jesus Christ did not stop anyone from praising him rather He corrected them that the better way to do such is to submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. What is written in John 5 vs 41 amounts to Jesus Christ saying something like, "You do not get points(bonus or none) from me in the Kingdom of God if you praise me with your words as the only way to honor me is to obey my teachings and commandments." undecided

By the way, you cannot ignore the context on this one.

You forced out Don't praise me out of I receive not honour from men. Now, you're contradicting yourself! cheesy grin
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Maybe that is your problem, you are attempting to explain the verse without paying attention to the contextual message intended by its author. Again, go back through the context and make sure you follow it to see what Jesus Christ is telling you of His person and Kingdom. undecided

Explain what the verse meant in plain English and stop beating back and forth with many irrelevant words. angry
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ You forced out Don't praise me out of I receive not honour from men. Now, you're contradicting yourself! cheesy grin
Again, you are projecting. Rather, from what He said in the passage of John 5 vs 33 - 44 you gain nothing from praising Him— no ounce of love is shown by it— and you do no wrong if don't praise Him. Basically, He is saying, "Don't bother!" but you lot have made a religion of that which is of no value, why? undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop deviating! Rather process the response carefully. undecided

I'm not deviating, I'm rather pointing out your own words you're adding to the Bible already so as to make yourself sound right when you're actually so wrong. angry
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ I'm not deviating, I'm rather pointing out your own words you're adding to the Bible already so as to make yourself sound right when you're actually so wrong. angry
"Saying something like" means adding? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, you are projecting. Rather, from what He said in the passage of John 5 vs 33 - 44 you gain nothing from praising Him— no ounce of love is shown by it— and you do no wrong if don't praise Him. undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin

Now you're speaking like the "Dragon" himself!

Your thoughts are already breaking out in the open!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

"You gain nothing from praising him!"

grin grin grin

I've always known you're an Antichrist in disguise, which came to deceive men in the name of GOD!

BUSTED!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Explain what the verse meant in plain English and stop beating back and forth with many irrelevant words. angry
So all the English — pidgin included — have been going over your head? undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So all the English — pidgin included — have been going over your head? undecided

Explain that verse in English! And stop beating back and forth. angry
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Now you're speaking like the "Dragon" himself!
Your thoughts are already breaking out in the open!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
"You gain nothing from praising him!"
grin grin grin
I've always known you're an Antichrist in disguise, which came to deceive men in the name of GOD!
Here's a simple question for you then. What did Jesus Christ say you gain by praising him? undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, you are projecting. Rather, from what He said in the passage of John 5 vs 33 - 44 you gain nothing from praising Him— no ounce of love is shown by it— and you do no wrong if don't praise Him. Basically, He is saying, "Don't bother!" but you lot have made a religion of that which is of no value, why? undecided

“Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.”
— Psalms 50:23 (KJV)
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Explain that verse in English! And stop beating back and forth. angry
Read it yourself! undecided
41 “I don’t want praise from you or any other human.
42 But I know you—I know that you have no love for God.
43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe?
45 Don’t think that I will be the one to stand before the Father and accuse you. Moses is the one to accuse you. And he is the one you hoped would save you.
46 If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me.
47 But you don’t believe what he wrote, so you can’t believe what I say.” - John 5 vs 41 - 47
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Read it yourself! undecided

John 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴¹ I receive not honour from men.
⁴² But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
⁴³ I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
⁴⁴ How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
“Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.”
God's New Law, Jesus Christ was already available to people back during the time of David? . undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God's New Law, Jesus Christ was already available to people back during the time of David? . undecided

angry
“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.”
— Luke 24:44 (KJV)
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
angry
“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.”
— Luke 24:44 (KJV)
Clearly, you don't accept God's Word but rather reject it. Are you now suggesting that rather than keep Old Wine away from Him, we should, against God, Add/Change to His New Law from the Old Law? undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Clearly, you don't accept God's Word but rather reject it. Are you now suggesting that rather than keep Old Wine away from Him, we should, against God, Add/Change to His New Law from the Old Law? undecided

Aha!
I should be the one telling you that and not otherwise! cheesy

Did JESUS CHRIST refer to the Psalms or not? undecided

Clearly, you are the one rejecting GOD'S Word here. angry
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ Aha! I should be the one telling you that and not otherwise! cheesy Did JESUS CHRIST refer to the Psalms or not? undecided
Clearly, you are desperate! undecided

That Jesus Christ referenced the Old Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms, in no way means the separation between the Old And the New does not exist. So, stop jumping all over the place. undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Clearly, you are desperate! undecided

That Jesus Christ referenced the Old Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms, in no way means the separation between the Old And the New does not exist. So, stop jumping all over the place. undecided

Are you rejecting the record of the Bible again? undecided

I should know even… you just did.
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ Are you rejecting the record of the Bible again? undecided

I should know even… you just did.
Look, you have run around in circles here only to arrive lost. So what is it going to be. So what is it going to be?
■ Accept that Jesus Christ does not desire praises from men meaning he won't praising him, praises which amount to nothing at the end of the day, and he won't fault you if you don't praise him either.
■ Reject what Jesus Christ said entirely so you can continue deceiving yourself believing that when you praise him by your many songs -‐- clap your hands louder, shout for joy, sing louder, or even dance better---- he is made happy and receives glory from you.

Which will it be?. undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 11:40am On Jun 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look, you have run around in circles here only to arrive lost. So what is it going to be. So what is it going to be?
■ Accept that Jesus Christ does not desire praises from men meaning he won't praising him, praises which amount to nothing at the end of the day, and he won't fault you if you don't praise him either.
■ Reject what Jesus Christ said entirely so you can continue deceiving yourself believing that when you praise him by your many songs -‐- clap your hands louder, shout for joy, sing louder, or even dance better---- he is made happy and receives glory from you.

Which will it be?. undecided

I am not in any way lost. But I have subjected you to your utter confusion and destroying of your false doctrines. So do not try to divert.

JESUS CHRIST desires our praises and honour just as we give it unto the FATHER.
John 5:23 (KJV)
²³ That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Praising JESUS CHRIST is praising GOD, which GOD said, “Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.”

You have been rejecting what JESUS CHRIST said entirely all along, and teaching men contrary to the teachings of the Holy One of GOD. If JESUS CHRIST does not want praises, He would have commanded against it.

People worshipped JESUS CHRIST when He was on earth, and He never for once stopped any of them:

“And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.”
— Matthew 8:2 (KJV)

“While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.”
— Matthew 9:18 (KJV)

“Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.”
— Matthew 14:33 (KJV)

“Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.”
— Matthew 15:25 (KJV)

“And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.”
— Matthew 28:9 (KJV).

People praised JESUS CHRIST while He was on earth, and He never for once stopped them, but rather spoke to their defence:

Matthew 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
¹⁶ And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

With these records, I put it to you that you Kobojunkie is an antagonist of the Truth of the Word of GOD, and Antichrist and a false misleader of a teacher.

I will never accept your false doctrines. Never ever. Because I have seen and known the truth. Your devil will have to try harder.

And also, I see your hand last night. cheesy
Your devil for wait make I wipe am the plank wey dey my hand. Why was it turning around me, trying to avoid being hit? Send him again tonight. I'm waiting.

Do you think all that will terrify me? cheesy I've seen worse, and GOD, and JESUS CHRIST whom you have been speaking contradictions against has been delivering me from them all. So send that demon again tonight. I'm anxiously waiting.
Or you think I won't know? cheesy
Rain has been beating the vulture for a long time!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
Westerhoffe:
I am not in any way lost. But I have subjected you to your utter confusion and destroying of your false doctrines. So do not try to divert.

Stop with the epileptic quoting of random unrelated scriptures then and answer the simple question asked. You proclaim Jesus Christ lied in John 5 vs 41, that He does indeed want His followers to praise Him as the Pharisees love to be praised. So tell us exactly what He instead said is to be gained by those who offer him praises in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop with the epileptic quoting of random unrelated scriptures then and answer the simple question asked. You proclaim Jesus Christ lied in John 5 vs 41, that He does indeed want His followers to praise Him as the Pharisees love to be praised. So tell us exactly what He instead said is to be gained by those who offer him praises in the Kingdom of God. undecided

I'll quote from the Bible as often as I want… undecided
You can't control me on that.

He opened His mouth and said,

Matthew 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁵ And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
¹⁶ And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

“That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.”
— John 5:23 (KJV)

And who are you to contradict these? undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
Westerhoffe:
I'll quote from the Bible as often as I want… undecided
You can't control me on that.

He opened His mouth and said,

Matthew 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

“That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.”

And who are you to contradict these? undecided
None of these answer the question which is what did Jesus Christ say is to be gained by those who offer him praises in much similar fashion as the Pharisees? undecided

Jesus Christ said He does not receive praises from humans. So if humans offer him their praises anyways, praises that are obviously not received by Jesus Christ what do the humans gain by their praise rituals? undecided

And please, enough of the bobbing and weaving for Pete's sake. undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
None of these answer the question which is what did Jesus Christ say is to be gained by those who offer him praises in much similar fashion as the Pharisees? undecided

Jesus Christ said He does not receive praises from humans. So if humans offer him their praises anyways, praises that are obviously not received by Jesus Christ what do the humans gain by their praise rituals? undecided

And please, enough of the bobbing and weaving for Pete's sake. undecided

I am not surprised you are being adamant to accept the truth. I don't expect a devil to accept to the praise of JESUS CHRIST. angry
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ I am not surprised you are being adamant to accept the truth. I don't expect a devil to accept to the praise of JESUS CHRIST. angry
The Truth of Jesus Christ here is the following

■ Jesus Christ does not desire the praises of humans - John 5 vs 41 - 47
■ Jesus Christ never asked His followers to praise Him in the same way that the Pharisees desired praises from each other
■ Jesus Christ never promised there any benefit to anyone who would think to shower praises on Him anyways

All, of these we have established thus far by way of Scripture, but you oppose them all for reasons best known to you. Your bobbing and weaving, and posting of random verses from here and there, have done absolutely nothing to change any of that which was stated from the beginning of this thread. All this means the devil you are looking for is somewhere else. undecided
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Truth of Jesus Christ here is the following

■ Jesus Christ does not desire the praises of humans - John 5 vs 41 - 47
■ Jesus Christ never asked His followers to praise Him in the same way that the Pharisees desired praises from each other
■ Jesus Christ never promised there any benefit to anyone who would think to shower praises on Him anyways

All, of these we have established thus far by way of Scripture, but you oppose them all for reasons best known to you. Your bobbing and weaving, and posting of random verses from here and there, have done absolutely nothing to change any of that which was stated from the beginning of this thread. All this means the devil you are looking for is somewhere else. undecided

Matthew 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The above stands sure unmoved. angry
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Janosky: 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Westerhoffe:

angry

The God Almighty Father honour men.
Widows receive honour.
Mother and Father receive honour.
Oga, what are you driving at?

John 12:26
NAS: the Father will honor him.
KJV: will [my] Father honour him

Acts 28:10

NAS: They also honored us with many
KJV: with many honours; and

Ephesians 6:2
NAS: HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER
KJV: Honour thy father
INT: Honor the Father

1 Timothy 5:3
NAS: Honor widows who are widows
KJV: Honour widows that are widows

1 Peter 2:17
NAS: Honor all people,
KJV: Honour all [men].
INT: everyone show honor to the brotherhood

1 Peter 2:17
NAS: fear God, honor the king.
KJV: Fear God. Honour the king
"

Westerhoffe:

Matthew 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The above stands sure unmoved. angry

Matthew chapter 21 verse 16 is references the God Almighty, Father of Jesus Christ.
That quote is from the Psalms.
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Janosky: 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
peggywebbs:

Kobo Kobo.. that is the reason why the body of Christ must assemble, to teach and understand the word of God. You will continue to misinterpret scriptures when you become an island and it makes me wonder what level of education you have.

According to John 5: 40-44 that you quoted. The scripture doesn't talk about praising Jesus.

Jesus was condemning their eye service. He said people like to praise or complement themselves. They are not concerned about what God thinks about them.

For instance, if I donate 5 million naira to someone, they will thank me and keep on doing so anytime they see me. Even though I'm bad to staff, and I don't do the right things, I would rather hear people thank me and recognise me for what I've done. But Jesus is saying none of that matters except I'm getting praise from God. Which in this case none of these people care whether they are doing good in sight of God nor even believe in God.

Jesus doesn't value their praises since they have no love for God. Chikina simple and periodt.

Your independent thinking no fit teach you Holy scriptures?

HYPOCRITE
grin grin
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Janosky: 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
Truvelisback:
Be deceiving urself. Why didn't He condemn those who worshipped Him in the Bible?

In an effort to avoid any misunderstanding, some Bible translations render the word pro·sky·neʹo at Hebrews 1:6 as “pay him homage” (New Jerusalem Bible), “honour him” (The Complete Bible in Modern English), “bow down before him” (Twentieth Century New Testament), or “do obeisance to him” (New World Translation).

Is Jesus Is Worthy of obeisance?
Yes

Oga, go & delete John 4:23-24 & Matthew 4:10 from your Bible.

You don't want to obey Jesus instruction.
Re: Why Do You Praise The Name Of Jesus Christ? by Janosky: 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why Do you Praise the name of Jesus Christ when He said not to?

Jesus Christ explicitly stated that He does not seek nor desire praise from any human being. He discouraged the praising of His person by humans.
The same Jesus Christ said that those who do what He commands are those who belong to Him.
So why then do you praise Jesus Christ, against His own decree, yet believe yourself to be of Him? undecided

Jesus Christ mission on earth was to give glory to the God his Father, John 17:4.

He did not at any time seek the praise of men,even when he performed miracles.
Did he not glorify God his Father after he raised Lazarus?
Yes , he did!

John 5:23 PROVEN that Jesus Christ deserves honour, NOT Worship.

Polytheists , Worship your 3 Hims as you wish.
Jesus Christ did not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Of You Are Really Praying About The Forthcoming Elections? / On The Prophesy Of The Virgin Birth Of Jesus: Part 1 / The Significant Of Moses And Elijah In The Transfiguration Of Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.