Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life (31457 Views)

Jessica: He Left A Dagger In Her Heart But She Lived To Do This / What Do You Regret The Most / 10 Things We Do To Regret At Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Tchalz(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2022
freddie009:

Same here, I regretted not going in for medicine. I switch to engineering after my first jamb instead of doing a pre-degree which most of my friends did to study medicine. Now, they are all doing well and married with kids. I pitied my parents funny enough basic in uniport was just 20k. I have never worked with an engineering degree 10 years after graduation with a master's included.

And I will regret the rest of my life if I don't give the Ph.D. route to the US a try. So, here I am saving every penny I have no relationship, no friends; all my buddies have moved on.

Is a lonely road out here bro.
I am in this same boat.My reason for switching to engineering is that I thought my parents wouldn't be able to see me through med school, considering the financial commitment as I come from a very poor home.Writing Jamb two years after graduation from Secondary was a pointer to that.I graduated as best graduating student, but I'm yet to reap the fruits of my labour financially

7 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:01am On May 31, 2022
hardon1:

When prick full everywhere u still dey masturbate grin grin grin
thats wat i cant do.i cant have sex.am nt ready 4 wat comes with it(losing of virginity/hymen and pregnancy)
i dont want to disgrace my parents bikonu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by neonly: 8:02am On May 31, 2022
Irupetepete:
Marrying the wrong person.

You are totally right abt dat all other regrets are secondary

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:02am On May 31, 2022
Ecos:
. Dm let me pray for u
i lost my email password.how do we communicate?
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Sirchiboy: 8:03am On May 31, 2022
Decembe:
I wasted a whole 6years.
Instead of me to learn a skill or continue my education,I stayed with sister to assist her after she gave birth to twins.
Stayed with another of my sis during corona period to take care of her kids because of her work then.
Now am doing A'level programme and none of them never for once call me to ask of me if I don't call or flash them.Shishi i never see from them since last year October.
I told them I need 5000# to start perfume oil business,no response from them.
My story long gan.
But oomoooo....I really regret helping them.

Where do you base?
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by neonly: 8:04am On May 31, 2022
Juliusmomoh2:
I should have had another Mom. cry

Yur opinion is respected
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:05am On May 31, 2022
Slynation:
You see eh, one thing you can never maneuver life and nature is living in self denial, that sh*t hurts because deep down your conscience bears the burden...I remembered I had an altercation with you on one of your posts related to sex/masturbation but you came at me like a hungry Lion... that's bygones tho

One way of stopping it is self-determination, then remove anything that can trigger the urge from your device or around you, then set a timeframe not to engage in such act for a week, keep extending until days turns to week and week turns to months...But if eventually you fail and fall for it, don't worry, start all over again...Masturbation can turn a lady into a Nymphomaniac who never gets satisfied no matter what and trust me you won't want the whole neighborhood to know you as a "cheerful giver or Keziah"

Wishing you good luck tho...
am sorry abt that.i was too embarrased 2 say it,plz 4give me 4 my past behaviour
thank u so much

am trying to stop it

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Ukiadepoju(m): 8:05am On May 31, 2022
send me mail on emmanueluki924@gmail.com

quote author=Decembe post=113323823]I wasted a whole 6years.
Instead of me to learn a skill or continue my education,I stayed with sister to assist her after she gave birth to twins.
Stayed with another of my sis during corona period to take care of her kids because of her work then.
Now am doing A'level programme and none of them never for once call me to ask of me if I don't call or flash them.Shishi i never see from them since last year October.
I told them I need 5000# to start perfume oil business,no response from them.
My story long gan.
But oomoooo....I really regret helping them.

[/quote]
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:06am On May 31, 2022
Slynation:
You see eh, one thing you can never maneuver life and nature is living in self denial, that sh*t hurts because deep down your conscience bears the burden...I remembered I had an altercation with you on one of your posts related to sex/masturbation but you came at me like a hungry Lion... that's bygones tho

One way of stopping it is self-determination, then remove anything that can trigger the urge from your device or around you, then set a timeframe not to engage in such act for a week, keep extending until days turns to week and week turns to months...But if eventually you fail and fall for it, don't worry, start all over again...Masturbation can turn a lady into a Nymphomaniac who never gets satisfied no matter what and trust me you won't want the whole neighborhood to know you as a "cheerful giver or Keziah"

Wishing you good luck tho...
what's a cheerful giver or keziah
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:08am On May 31, 2022
198800Mam:
MY GREATEST REGRET IN LIFE IS THIS
MY GOD!!!! WAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HANDS

1 Like

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:09am On May 31, 2022
spiceadole:

Ever taking sides with my mother while she suffered DV in the hands of my father.

I regret all the care and protection I gave her.
If I had known, I would have ignored her and allow him continue to beat her
wat happened
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Connected1: 8:10am On May 31, 2022
iceone2000:

Yes, bring it on!
I was born into a Christian home but I don't fancy the religion anymore, the people who are christians makes me sick of the religion, I mean their pretence, hypocrisy and all that, two pastors have told me to draw closer to the Church/God but I don't fancy being in the Church anymore, I see too many evil people I know there forming saints and I hate being surrounded by bad people in whatever place I find myself.

I am thinking about going to my grassroots (tradition) but I don't know what the future entails for me.

On the other hand my family members especially my sisters are ripping me off, always demanding even when they make money for themselves, it's not as if they help or had helped me in anyway, I am fed up of them and I intend cutting them off, I feel like I am wasting the money because they don't do anything tangible with it.

I made a vow to lift up my family but this is getting too much, If I continue to like this I think I will become very broke in no time and they won't help me too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by seanwilliam(m): 8:11am On May 31, 2022
1.I regret not investing in crypto way back , without hassle, I would have been millionaire in$.

Pls when someone talks about opportunity, try it with what you can afford to lose.. the worst is you losin money..

2. I regret not moving with the right cliques when I was in school. I moved with some dumb religious folks and mummy’s pet.. honestly most of my guys way back are doing extremely well… infact most of them are not in Nigeria now self .

Pls always check the people you move with, take risk with your guys , you either win or lose, but you won’t have regret of not trying.,

3. And I regret for getting angry unnecessarily when I was part of the group a nairalander created back then , dropping updates worth millions, but due to immaturity that comes with age, i left the group and never had the chance again .

Pls when someone gets you mad, learn how to control yourself cos it might cost you opportunity you might not be able to regain ..
I’m not doing bad now but , I would have been x1000 better now…

Those are the things I’ll live to regret forever …

Anyway
I buy all gift cards and yankee funds( cashapp, greendot, PayPal,zelle, Moneycard skrill,perfect money , Neteller,money gram , western union etc) And WeChat payment all @ your rate . I sell cheap unit /bulk google voice

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by seanwilliam(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2022
KaborLee:

U read my mind before seeing your post...When someone tell me he/she regret doing this or that,i never have anything to regret for ones,not till i got married to the wrong woman....Upon the whole advice from my parents...
hmm, pls what are the red flags you ignored when you were dating ? Pls tell us, you might be saving someone from pending doom

1 Like

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by kumbhuru: 8:17am On May 31, 2022
Dagrace01:
My ever regret is never leaving this country when the best opportunity arrived..
I gingered two of my friends that we should run it back in 2006, they took it serious and I relented, two of them pursued the dream and they actualized it, it was my idea but I didn't push more.
They went to Malaysia and made it big time, but one of them later took a wrong step, and had some obstacles, but yet he got back on his feet and he's good! But the other one? He has been extremely successful till date..

Thankful for my life too though, but whenever I flash back, I do regret that scenario!
Regret or jealous?
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by femijay8271(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2022
cuteralph101:
posted this in January 2020...as at today I've spent over 900k on repairs accidents and mechanical issues. Car is milking me badly . Read

How I spent over 2.6 million on a car that gets me sad, embarrassed and frustrated. Now I am getting depressed…

Last year 22 June is one day I can't easily forget. I just got myself a Toyota Camry 2007 for my 25th Birthday. I bought the car for 1.8m from a very good friend of mine (8 years together). He buys and sells used and foreign (tokunbo) cars although not a certified dealer. He drove the car down to my loc and I accessed the car I was shocked as it was far from what I expected. On inspecting the car, I was not so impressed, despite having a california plate number like heck this shit supposed be better than i anticipated. The sound of the car was too noisy, the vibrations from the dashboard, the windscreen cracked (about 28inches), the interior a bit neat but the sound system to the gear lever area was not so neat. I began to doubt the prize of the car but we already negotiated at 1.8m. I asked if this car is okay, he affirmed that it is and can't sell a problem to his brother.

I drove the car out to look for a car diagnosing company but it was a rainy day had to come back not being able to get a car company to check the car. The car consumes fuel a little bit more than conventional 4 plugs and it raised further doubt about the roadworthiness of the car but what do I know car was moving although skips when entering gear 3. I didn't know much about all this as overtime I didn't put the discipline of owning a car with this being my second car am so ashamed. Went back home I asked my friend what's wrong with the car he affirmed again that nothing is wrong. A month later I started noticing oil stain where I park. I bent over and saw oil dripping my heart almost skipped while this is a small issue (I knew this later) I trembled…this car is just a month old. I spent 31k fixing this shit cos I was too busy to inspect the repairs. A week later the same issue occurred. This was getting too much.

This got me sad and mad and I was already regretting the choice of getting a car. I later opted for a car company (My worst mistake). Oil seal was fixed 4 times in 7 months oil keeps dripping from the engine. Between this period the car abruptly stops on the road and sometimes won't even start after parking. I suffered all this with a faulty steering pump which causes the steering to be stiff. Some car companies aren't trustworthy and won't likely be the solution to your car problems...but they got my car moving each time it breaks down and I paid the exorbitant cost for minor repairs for fear of this roadside mechanics. The drill continued and I kept repairing and kept paying. The worst happened in March this year when I had a hit with a reckless driver. The bonnet bent a little and bumper beyond repair. I painted the car after 11 days. I told a panel beater working with the painter to bring the car home for me on reaching close the car stopped. Suffered to get it home as the car keeps draining charged batteries.

The next day I called the car company to come take the car for checks and possible repair. The next day I was told the engine has to be ringed that it's not the alternator. Bill of 169k for everything. I opted for a new engine (2AZ and was billed 300k for everything by the same company). I also bought shaft for both legs (55k). The former engine I was told is now scrapped and would be sold for a small amount (I left it for them). The car was with them for about 7 weeks as I wasn't around. When the car was out, AC no longer working. I called and was told the compressor is bad and needs to be changed. Why me! Bill 148k Like my God what have I done...? I spent 96k to fix AC (I had to call someone else from the neighboring state). I discovered that the AC had been fixed before and resulted to change most of the AC components. had to rethink this whole spending, right now my windscreen is bad can't see well when it's raining, my headlamp bad not bright, my exhaust very noisy unwanted sound from the manifold and consumes fuel, the legs need to be checked again (camber bushing or what do they call it) and interior needs fixing. Other issues although not certain is the suspension.
After penning my frustration in this piece Nairaland kept banning me from uploading…I gave up trying. The worst right now my gear doesn't select after a journey of 112km to and fro where I base. I need to share this experience so people can learn from this.
The estimate for expenses carried out so far on repairs so far should be over 850k in one year (major repairs: New Engine + Shaft 355k, AC 96k, Legs [fixed twice] 64K {break pads, hub, tie rod, bushing etc}) (minor repairs: oil seal repair 4 times around 80k (new oil every time to put a new oil seal), Nozzle + Plugs + Fan + Key starter 44k, Exhaust (net) 10.4k. Others: painting 60k and panel beating 15k. (all of this excluding gear) Bought tires several times as they keep peeling off from bad alignment although Belgium tires. There are others I can't remember right now. All this excluding fuel. I honestly can't continue like this.

Baba, e better make u give or dash abi sell the car out and have a very peace of mind.

6 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by exever100(f): 8:17am On May 31, 2022
Nobody is forcing you to help..but if you have the opportunity to help people just do it without any expectation
Connected1:

I have stopped giving to friends, it's one of the best decisions I have made, now I am planning on not giving to my siblings especially the females, they are very useless including the married ones, I seriously saw some red flags after I pretended to be broke for sometime.

I understood the fact that na only you come this life and nobody send you message go help anybody. Now I have successfully grown past that stage of emotional manipulations, if I no wan help you, even if you carry diety come, you no go see anything from my side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:19am On May 31, 2022
jclassiq:
Stop that rubbish. Some of you don't know how to think
thank u
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by fattprince(m): 8:21am On May 31, 2022
Slynation:
Bro...it depends, Me that have Rich uncles and Aunties scattered all over Nigeria and abroad but nothing come out, it's all Man for himself
Truly it depends. I've got Uncle's and older cousins that has helped me a lot. I want to finish school and maybe they might give me that real help that will be a starting point for a life after school for me.

4 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by exever100(f): 8:21am On May 31, 2022
You can still go for masters in the school of your choice...Education is endless...you are alive,you're healthy so there is still hope
UYEMDO35:
My biggest regret so far in life is seeing myself as a failure. Though! I think I am a failure. All I ever wanted in life was to go to one of the best school in Nigeria and compete with my fellow colleagues "Uni" to be precise. It's just so unfortunate that I fell into the wrong school. I wrote jamb and post utme as at 2017 but I couldn't secure admission, I was so frustrated and due to that, my father link me up to one school like that, which happen to be a sandwich degree programme and I was clueless about sandwich program as at den.... Right now, am getting closer to my final year and I have nothing to write about myself, I see myself as an halfbake graduate to be... I once have the zeal to study and be one of the brightest student but my dreams of being a successful student was killed as soon as I got into that school. I feel as if i have disappointed my Dad.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Connected1: 8:22am On May 31, 2022
exever100:
Nobody is forcing you to help..but if you have the opportunity to help people just do it without any expectation
What you just said is in my post miss/mrs exever.

Stop trying to prove a point.

Normally I don't expect anything in return but I sure didn't expect to be set-upped by the same people I help, imagine the people you helped planning with your enemies to bring you down.

It can't be more critical than this.
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by iceone2000: 8:25am On May 31, 2022
Connected1:

I was born into a Christian home but I don't fancy the religion anymore, the people who are Christians make me sick of the religion, I mean their pretense, hypocrisy, and all that, two pastors have told me to draw closer to the Church/God but I don't fancy being in the Church anymore, I see too many evil people I know there forming saints and I hate being surrounded by bad people in whatever place I find myself.

I am thinking about going to my grassroots (tradition) but I don't know what the future entails for me.

On the other hand my family members especially my sisters are ripping me off, always demanding even when they make money for themselves, it's not as if they help or had helped me in any way, I am fed up with them and I intend cutting them off, I feel like I am wasting the money because they don't do anything tangible with it.

I made a vow to lift my family but this is getting too much, If I continue to like this I think I will become very broke in no time and they won't help me too.

Firstly, it's not the church and the pastors that matter this day but your salvation. (a discussion for another day)

How true is your salvation??

Have you accepted JESUS CHRIST to be your Lord and personal savior?

Do you believe truly in him?

Do you hate sin and regret it each time you sin?

Do you ask for forgiveness of sin each time you sin and with the intention of not going back to the sin?

IF YOUR ANSWER TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS IS YES, THEN YOUR SALVATION IS VALID.

YOU CAN WORSHIP GOD IN YOUR CORNER AND ALL WILL BE WELL!

That of your siblings and funds...

Do not do what you will regret doing( it does not worth it.

I stop somethings in my life (bad habits and some good ones) and it came with consequences I am facing but with no regrets.

And always remember that it will always be you alone at the end.

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by iceone2000: 8:26am On May 31, 2022
Connected1:

I was born into a Christian home but I don't

Firstly, it's not the church and the pastors that matter this day but your salvation. (a discussion for another day)

Do you ask for forgiveness of sin each time you sin and with the intention of not going back to the sin?

I stop somethings in my life (bad habits and some good ones) and it came with consequences I am facing but with no regrets.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Johel(m): 8:28am On May 31, 2022
TechBIogger:
na you cause am?

Na my mama cause am...and I'm still angry,she for no just born me sef.
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Awise09(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2022
I regretted investing 1milla I have into crypto in 2020 then.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by seanwilliam(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2022
Christoranky78:
I regretted getting married to the wrong woman...so frustrating.
what are the red flags you ignore?? You might be helping someone out here
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Connected1: 8:32am On May 31, 2022
iceone2000:

I am trying my best to treat people how I expect them to treat me.

I am not free from sin but I regret every sinful action I take.

Personally I believe I am obeying God's commandments to my best efforts.

For the part of my family, I am the kind of person that enjoys seeing smile on people's faces but I think I cut off those of them using my weakness to their advantage.

Thanks for your advice.

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Nobody: 8:32am On May 31, 2022
How can u regret something when u are still alive and able to change it.
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by seanwilliam(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

Growing up without a father
Leaving my parents partially less than 12
Going for nwaboi apprenticeship program, I fuxking hate and regret it with everything in me (I got nothing out of it, I was instead accused of stealing millions because I asked them to sign an agreement of how long I'mma stay but got nothing but hate... Had to make a move because they killed my future.. spent 16, 17, 18, 19 there for nothing but hate, manipulation, threats, accusations, abuse etc).
Killed my ambition of going to school but I must go back (fxck those idiots).
Met the most abusive human ever (*heartbroken*)
Having an older bro that's handicapped completely, I wish my bro is healthy..

And many things, I can't say here.

Regardless of everything, I'mma go hard for my family..

(Modified) oh yeah, being born a Nigerian.

Hmm. I see you have genuine love for your brother. may God open road for you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Nobody: 8:34am On May 31, 2022
Christoranky78:
I regretted getting married to the wrong woman...so frustrating.
Divorce her and live ur best life.. U still have a chance to live. Use it to the max
Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Beautygoddesss: 8:35am On May 31, 2022
iceone2000:

thank u 4 dis,it was really helpful

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life by Mekanus(m): 8:36am On May 31, 2022
Awise09:
I regretted investing 1milla I have into crypto in 2020 then.
This life no jus balance. Some are regretting they didn't invest in crypto while some are regretting they invested. Nawa ooo

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Tree Falls On Kofo Abayomi Road Due To Heavy Rain Fall (photos) / Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) / Dead Body Lying On Old Ota Road Alagbado (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.