Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki (82706 Views)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidbath: 10:44pm On May 29, 2022
This one doesn't know what to do with her life and I am sure she comes from a very wicked, loveless, family.

When many women are rushing out of their marriage....some sef, inside the marriage, they beg or sleep around just to feed because their so called husbands are useless.

The thieves and low lives on nairaland...don't they have mothers? Na every woman wey born dey raise better pikin?

See reverend sisters happy living their lives. If you know your spiritual main purpose in life, society can't dictate for you.

That's why I love oyibo people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:44pm On May 29, 2022
Moz22:
I'm in such hole Currently

I am sorry about your ordeal. I don't know what situation you are in, but it will get better. There's always light at the end of the tunnel. I have been there. Occasionally, I still suffer bouts of depression too, maybe because I am melancholic.

But then, I can only be my cheerleader and tell myself that it'll get better. If you give in to suicide, you'll suffer, and so also will your loved ones suffer because your death will cause them anguish.

I am sure you won't want them to. smiley

4 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by sonnie10: 10:45pm On May 29, 2022
They should not just conclude that it’s Suicide. What if someone did it to inherit her property or for other selfish reasons. They should investigate further please.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by bonnyhope: 10:47pm On May 29, 2022
planetE:
she was single and childless at 47. That is very disheartening.

Disheartening??

Na you people be the cause of all this?

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by greggng: 10:48pm On May 29, 2022
I don't like this news at all . I wish I found her b4 this time. Infact I would ve married her, make beautiful kids with her ...May be I would ve saved her from untimely death . Women don't die in silence...there is no shame in searching for a man to marry you . There are so many men out there looking for a good wife. The only problem is that many of you are looking for a rich man ...you prefer to die than start from humble beginning

10 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by chigoizie7(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2022
May her gentle soul rest in peace.
In this life, when you realise that you are no longer living for any reason, depression sets in.

All her friends that she used to hang out with are all married and their various families are keeping them busy and reasons to live.

All her siblings also are married and are all occupied with their various families.

In her work place, most of her age brackets all have families and at the close of work, they all go home.

Where does she go? To an empty nicely furnished apartment in a very nice car, and when she gets home, what next? Be alone and bored? She can’t even chat or call anyone because they are probably very busy with their families, either making dinner or eating dinner or gisting about the day’s experience.

My point is please, in as much as your careers are important, please find purpose to live for. And the best purpose you can live for is for your loved ones especially your family. Even if you are not married, at least have kids, even if they are not biological, please adopt. It might seem easy right now that we are young. But we will certainly feel the heat as we age.

Give yourself purpose to live because this live becomes meaningless without purpose and that’s where depression sets in.

For we Africans and especially Nigerians, we always want to emulate the whites that has different perceptions about live and has made out plans to adjust in such cases. Abroad, it’s a norm to go to old peoples home when no family is there, here it is different.

In this woman’s case of truly she died owing to depression for being unmarried and childless. She probably thought her career will be affected this not having kids on time. You don’t need any mans approval to have kids if you want to, and you must not be married as well.

I know that some people will say that society happened to her. Well we n this case, that’s if she became depressed as a result of no husband and kids. I will beg to differ, society didn’t happen to her, Reality happened. She wasn’t depressed because people mocked her for not having a husband, because if she was bothered, she would have gotten one. She could have also got pregnant and give birth, she is enlightened enough, she could have adopte.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by elisho: 10:49pm On May 29, 2022
She shoud have adopt and be happy my anty did it an the baby girl is the best thing that have happun to our family the mum is no more but she is the best

6 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 29, 2022
aycorporat:
That is why I don't blame ladies who party hard just to keep sane. Sincerely, the society is not fair to the women folk at times owing to the pressure of marriage.

Besides, I always advise ladies, once you are done with the first degree, settle down. However, some keep chasing more degrees and building careers thereby making the men folk to be scared of them as being too independent.

I wish the police can dig.deeper into the case of sniper ingestion, possibly murder. But Nigerian police....story for another day.
Not all in most cases , what if the guy is not ready to settle down any time soon.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by bonnyhope: 10:50pm On May 29, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Men are gradually losing interest in marriage coz the probability of it working out is slimmer than before. RIP to her tho.

Aswear

Especially all these ladies that think that because they are educated they cannot be submissive to their husbands

Men no just want wahalla again

4 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 29, 2022
Depression is real. I could tell you I have tried over four times to take my life. Drank sniper mixed with striker.

I hate my life curently but I have come to understand that no matter how bad you think your life is. Someone somewhere is going through worst

Just learn to be grateful

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Bonjovi13: 10:51pm On May 29, 2022
So sad to hear of the loss of such a precious life as this Lady.
May I just say that this life shouldn't be complicated, it just depends on how you see things.
I would encourage everyone one out there to love themselves so much because no one can love you better than yourself.

Society forces people to conform but those who would survive and thrive must think and make decisions independently. You must not follow the norm. Bleep what anyone thinks.

I can bet you that this sweetheart wanted to conform to what she had been thought by her church and society was right. She was waiting for her husband to find her and time passed by.

Praying and fasting whilst she saw everyone else having theirs.

Now imagine if she had said Bleep it, I am having a baby whether through donor sperm or whatever. Or maybe adopted a child. She wouldn't have had the need to kill herself.( If it is true that that's what led her to depression)

Some have what others don't. Others don't have. Choose you every time. Rebel if you must. Live for yourself if you must. Choose you so you can live. Last last we all would leave this world at one point or the other preferably at old age

5 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by bonnyhope: 10:52pm On May 29, 2022
zoedew:
Difficult to believe she never heard that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Very bad choice she made!

You no read the post to see that she be Muslim abi
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by frozen70(f): 10:52pm On May 29, 2022
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/just-in-47-year-old-accountant-commits-suicide-in-lekki/

No husband, no child.
Is that enough for suicide

Why not adopt and live happily

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by jerk: 10:52pm On May 29, 2022
May be fake suitors had duped her of her life savings.
Golddiggers!
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Digmygold: 10:52pm On May 29, 2022
decatalyst:
Living a lonely life can be depressing in a toxic environment.

May her soul find rest.

May her soul RIP.

Only lonely, wrinkled and depressed Ubunja deserves this.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by cayorday89(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2022
azpekuliar:
Just to mention that even those who have those things still commit suicide.
RIP to the deceased.
It's just so sad that she listened to all the sidetalks and decided to take her own life... She only succeeded in forcefully doing what will eventually come naturally earlier than expected..

3 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by 8stargeneral: 10:56pm On May 29, 2022
So sad
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by bonnyhope: 10:57pm On May 29, 2022
AfonjaNaBastard:
Another Afonja bites the dust!

RIP to her

So you go live forever abi?
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Backlaw406(m): 10:58pm On May 29, 2022
Life can be so funny and mysterious. This beautiful lady battling with loneliness.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Kano4tot2: 10:58pm On May 29, 2022
papiSNEH:
What a huge lost to we the
SUGAR BOYZ ASSOCIATION (SUBA) angry

Rip ma

This one just go waste punany ooo
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by othermen: 10:59pm On May 29, 2022
She is a fellow chartered accountant. Based on her profile on Facebook, she seemed to have a fairly considerable social capital. However even those with much more accomplishments have decided to end it all.

However, it is also possible that she was killed.

And possible, it was by those that stand to gain by her death.

So much rush to bury her and to even characterize the basis of such extreme violence to oneself.

But does it make sense? If we don’t have lazy minds, we might reconsider.

In a sane country, one can examine if she was poisoned or if the poison was forced into her.

Aside; it’s really an eyesore most of the comments on this thread.

Increasingly, one can see why most reasonable persons are becoming less interested in this platform.

You remain here or come to read comments, and you leave with an inferior mind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Kano4tot2: 10:59pm On May 29, 2022
papiSNEH:
What a huge lost to we the
SUGAR BOYZ ASSOCIATION (SUBA) angry

Rip ma

This one just go waste p*** ooo
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Lama70(m): 10:59pm On May 29, 2022
badboyTee:
now serve them all sniper..

That's cruel.
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind anyway! Lol.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Lama70(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2022
badboyTee:
now serve them all sniper..

That's c ruel.
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind anyway! Lol.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by freddie009(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2022
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/just-in-47-year-old-accountant-commits-suicide-in-lekki/

Una don see am, awon I don't need a man crew. No matter how many friends you have there is a time you will crave a lover. Though, I have a feelingnher death is related to money.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 29, 2022
Not everyone that is smiling that is actually happy within , people are really going through a lot .... If you can't be a problem solver ..... Please do not add totheir problems.

Depression is real , let's mind the way we talk or look down at people just because you felt you have arrived before them.

Some people are saying she could have open up to someone , forgetting that the same people that knows your secrets won't hesitate to use it against you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by izubext007: 11:01pm On May 29, 2022
I how it's like to be alone......but killing her self will make it worst ......by staying in the grave alone , rotin alone and decay alone den now far judgement alone.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by BGSM: 11:02pm On May 29, 2022
I understand she has no husband and children, but I still think their is more to it with thorough investigation.
We should stop concluding on what is not true because issues like this always looks like a clean job, so sad.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by VEHINTOLAR: 11:02pm On May 29, 2022
May your soul rest in peace Folake.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by chigoizie7(m): 11:03pm On May 29, 2022
frozen70:

No husband, no child.
Is that enough for suicide

Why not adobt and live happily

It is enough my dear.

Loneliness can mess one up. In as much as I have families and friends that I still talk to on daily, sometimes I just want to run back to naija, because this place is damn lonely. You can say hello and hi to people but deep down, you know that’s not it.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Stubborn Rashes On The Head: How Can I Treat This? (Disturbing Photo) / Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / COVID-19: Man Gains Over 100kg Within 5 Months Of Lockdown In Wuhan (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.