Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki (82677 Views)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 29, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Men are gradually losing interest in marriage coz the probability of it working out is slimmer than before. RIP to her tho.
LADIES caused it more!
In my neighborhood most men are divorcees.
Some have settled for BabyMaMa...
Most men have lost interest in women!
The Insult is just too much on men.
No one appreciates the AFRICAN MAN..
A man that goes out to provide for his family, extended family and In-Laws.
Where does such happen, if not Africa.
No respect for Men again!
MEN have realised there's nothing like HELL.
HELL is what you make of yourself

So, so, Unfortunate

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Pickieox(m): 11:37pm On May 29, 2022
Damnfailure:
Suicide is the best way to end this pain called life. If u are grateful for life another has the right to want to leave it. Suicide is human will triumphing over the will of creation. The force that puts creation in motion. It's the ultimate decision that tells the creator I don't want Ur life(pain) and u can't force it on me. I have the right to reject it. It's a movement still in its infant stage but will continue to grow.

Thank you. Most people have not evolved. Sincerely, suicide is an escape.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by hush15: 11:37pm On May 29, 2022
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/just-in-47-year-old-accountant-commits-suicide-in-lekki/

So sad but then again, I won't accept that no man ever approached her. However, I know it's a difficult task to find the right man that suits her and maybe she saw but was not single.

Honestly, women should learn to share and accommodate their fellow women to share a man because I believe, the more the merrier. it may not have been the perfect scenario but she would have probably lived a more fulfilled life.

One thing I know in this life from experience is that we need to build the right character and imbibe positive attitudes in ourselves. Marriage doesn't work out because we married one man or one woman but because we behave right and respect our partners even when it seems hard and bruises our egos. When we begin to understand that we are purposed differently with mutually exclusive traits, and there is no basis for comparison, tolerating ourselves would be easier, and believe me, we will still end up with desired results.

My opinion might not take the meaning to many but men and women out there, let's please treat each right. once we are able to do that, we are helping ourselves a lot and we will realize that each woman will have a man and each man, a woman or women and we will all still be happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Doctortest: 11:40pm On May 29, 2022
Why did she kill herself ‘ when strafing full street ...
Introvert to the very end .
A good dic.k would have cured the problem
Am unhappy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by maxito28: 11:45pm On May 29, 2022
Instead of her 2 pay young boys 2 service her kpekus, maybe she might get pregnant.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Backlaw406(m): 11:52pm On May 29, 2022
maasoap:

It is the because of people like you she probably took that decision, people who don't care about the emotional states of others just because you think or believe that some are having it worse than her. What a pity! How old are you? You think as long as someone has a job and accommodation, his problems are solved?
Help me ask them, no problem is as simple as abc, problem is a problem no matter how small we may look at it in any angle since it can bring inconvenience and worry to us.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by dammyco(m): 11:59pm On May 29, 2022
OriOko88:

You know maybe she tried all available options but to no avail. You can imagine wat she would have passed thru to have been single and childless at 47 You know how many hookups friends and family would have arranged for her. I know she tried her best and got tired!!
Her best isn't enough. She might be taking such matter in a classic way or looking for a man of her caliber. She might be feeling too Superior or looking for her taste. Most women fail because of their imagination and unrealistic thought of their dream man.
Getting pregnant isn't her problem I guess but not seeing the perfect man of her dream.
I guess the cause of her death comes from her family, friends and co-workers, who have been disturbing her on marriage issues. She might have become a laughing stock in her area and place of work.

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by fineboynl(m): 12:04am On May 30, 2022
She committed suicide on children day. What of people who lost their husband and children. She should have find a small boy to date. Only money and health can tempered with my peace.

3 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Lightorder: 12:05am On May 30, 2022
If Jehovah is not the one that carried you to your husband’s house , suicide could still occur. So sad
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Lightorder: 12:07am On May 30, 2022
doggedfighter:
I don't believe the reason for her suicide.

There maybe more to it.

It's usually easy to think that not having a

husband and children is the reason for anything that happens to an unmarried lady.

oga , are you LONELY ? If You are not , keep mute
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by tishbite41(m): 12:09am On May 30, 2022
Damnfailure:
Suicide is the best way to end this pain called life. If u are grateful for life another has the right to want to leave it. Suicide is human will triumphing over the will of creation. The force that puts creation in motion. It's the ultimate decision that tells the creator I don't want Ur life(pain) and u can't force it on me. I have the right to reject it. It's a movement still in its infant stage but will continue to grow.

u need rehab asap

5 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by sonssyo: 12:11am On May 30, 2022
They should tell people what lead to her suicide,of course she can adopt a child or children, why taking her life! Heart break or disappointments could be one

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by akinsmyk(m): 12:19am On May 30, 2022
Maybe she’s looking for those that are stinking rich coz there are loads of average guys out there that would die to marry her but to her, they might be below her status

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by pacespot(m): 12:20am On May 30, 2022
RIP
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Zinpat: 12:21am On May 30, 2022
May her soul RIP
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by gassbee: 12:22am On May 30, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

Many think if they don't get married and or have a child(ren), they're living a vain life.
u need to b in theirs shoes to know wat d feeling is like
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 12:34am On May 30, 2022
I'm so surprised you saying ladies caused it, explain?
MALIGNANTGuest:

LADIES caused it more!
In my neighborhood most men are divorcees.
Some have settled for BabyMaMa...
Most men have lost interest in women!
The Insult is just too much on men.
No one appreciates the AFRICAN MAN..
A man that goes out to provide for his family, extended family and In-Laws.
Where does such happen, if not Africa.
No respect for Men again!
MEN have realised there's nothing like HELL.
HELL is what you make of yourself

So, so, Unfortunate
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by EvilNeedle(m): 12:34am On May 30, 2022
Cutehector:
Ah ah..when there are junkies everywhere that can be warming her bed .. Abeg na she do herself

That's not how it works. Women are programmed by nature to gain success by being in committed long term relationships and bearing offsprings.

Having casual sex by low value men isn't programmed into women as an achievement. Quite the opposite.

6 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 12:44am On May 30, 2022
joyandfaith:

Do you know her background? Stop saying what you don't know. If she is in developed nations , she might be still alive. No societal pressure. I advise older and single ladies to relocate abroad and free themselves from toxic environment.
my aunt relocated to US, resigned sold all her property. She's happy. A friend is doing same.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Konjiboii: 12:44am On May 30, 2022
edoman2016:
Loneliness is not good. As humans, we all want to feel loved and desire a companion. There is no point being rich and no children to inherit your sweat. Its just vanity.

You think say nairaland ladies know that one, the feminist juice still dey flow for their puny brain, when e don dry like dia toto water na then dem go begin rassle same nairaland men, by then I go don give boredberry belly and no Kon send dem papa.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 12:46am On May 30, 2022
PrincessofDSS:
Her death may not be far from being duped huge sums of her company’s money by one of the numerous Nigerian fraudulent men with a marriage proposal

Rip
Another angle
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by PrincessofDSS(f): 12:47am On May 30, 2022
IyaTola:
Another angle

Not far fetched from it

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by OLULAW: 12:49am On May 30, 2022
maasoap:

It is the because of people like you she probably took that decision, people who don't care about the emotional states of others just because you think or believe that some are having it worse than her. What a pity! How old are you? You think as long as someone has a job and accommodation, his problems are solved?

Ignore that slowpoke with extremely low IQ.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 12:49am On May 30, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
If it has to do with suicide, I should have killed myself when I was a teenager because my life was a mess. I am not trying to make this a competitive strategy. Also, I am sorry for sounding so insensitive and also not trying to downplay whatever ordeal she must have passed through, but the solution isn't always suicide (killing one's self).

You will only end up causing pain to your loved ones and the truth is, your soul will never rest in peace if the afterlife ever exists.

Let's learn to speak up and find succour in each other. It can only get better.
it's not as easy as you say it.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by asahnwaKC: 12:57am On May 30, 2022
A dog would have helped her ease her loneliness... rip lady
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by SeriouslySense(m): 1:00am On May 30, 2022
Maybe she did not have any person that she can count on or loved ones, not everyone has loved ones.

The same family might have been tormenting her too.

UyaiIncomparabl:
If it has to do with suicide, I should have killed myself when I was a teenager because my life was a mess. I am not trying to make this a competitive strategy. Also, I am sorry for sounding so insensitive and also not trying to downplay whatever ordeal she must have passed through, but the solution isn't always suicide (killing one's self).

You will only end up causing pain to your loved ones and the truth is, your soul will never rest in peace if the afterlife ever exists.

Let's learn to speak up and find succour in each other. It can only get better.

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IamAsiri: 1:00am On May 30, 2022
doggedfighter:
I don't believe the reason for her suicide.

There maybe more to it.

It's usually easy to think that not having a

husband and children is the reason for anything that happens to an unmarried lady.

At 47? You have not seen rich ladies who cry everyday because they are not married? Not every unmarried lady is carefree and "chopping the life of their head" like people generally think. Maybe most celebs don't though undecided.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Fearme344: 1:01am On May 30, 2022
Carry me go my husband huz u are next to sing. La u go lead the song
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Fearme344: 1:02am On May 30, 2022
IamAsiri:

At 47? You have not seen rich ladies who cry everyday because they are not married? Not every unmarried lady is carefree and "chopping the life of their head" like people generally think. Maybe most celebs don't though undecided.
la you go sing next carry me dey go my husband huz
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by SeriouslySense(m): 1:03am On May 30, 2022
smiley smiley smiley The older we get the less opportunity to make new friends or acquaintances due to priorities, and we are also having poorer human relationships, this leads to more depression and sometimes suicide.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Stubborn Rashes On The Head: How Can I Treat This? (Disturbing Photo) / Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / COVID-19: Man Gains Over 100kg Within 5 Months Of Lockdown In Wuhan (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.