Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Canada Closed Work Permit - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Closed Work Permit (46487 Views)

Usa Closed Work Visa Permit...... / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Amore1: 6:46am On Aug 05, 2023
Is it true work permit visa and passport is been stamped in Nairobi or other country for Nigeria ?

Does all work permit job have sponsorship ?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Amore1: 6:49am On Aug 05, 2023
This is a good question

Umegoejiofor:
Good day, please how long does it take to get your passport back if submit for visa stamp at vfs lagos.closed working visa
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Bizzle2014(m): 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Please Do we need to upload a digital photo for work permit application? Or is the biometric request that is needed from a BIL center.

If digital photo is required, can one use his phone camera or an application for it?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Teewhytee: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2023
. My passport has just about 12 months left, is the work permit a function of the passport expiry date,
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Amy66666777(f): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2023
Teewhytee:
Hello guys.. thanks for keeping up the good work.

Please I’m a little confused with some situations , I’d appreciate anyone with useful info.

I’m currently in china, and I’m using some link in Nigeria to apply for what agency say is “Canada’s Open work permit “ from my research I believe the OWP is a dependent visa although I’m currently not aware of any principal mine will be tied to.
, I’m married to an Asian and we are expecting a child. the main purpose of opting for this Canadian visa is for us to be able to deliver our baby in Canada,

The issue is, if the OWP turn out to be dependent indeed, would I still be able to process my Wife’s visa with my OWP, ( like a dependent having a dependent scenario)

Or is there any class of the OWP that is independent of any other principal? .

No 2. My passport has just about 12 months left, is the work permit a function of the passport expiry date,

Hello
Open Work Permit is for people who their spouses is already in Canada either as an international student with a DLI or workers in Canada

According to you it like a dependent visa and it’s either you’re married to the person to be eligible for such visa… I will advice you contact the agency doing this for you they might be scammers sef

Since your wife is in China with you I wonder which spouse they plan on using to get you a SOWP.

Please contact them and question them well o
Also use google to make your research on SOWP
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Umegoejiofor(m): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2023
Amy66666777:

Hello
Open Work Permit is for people who their spouses is already in Canada either as an international student with a DLI or workers in Canada

According to you it like a dependent visa and it’s either you’re married to the person to be eligible for such visa… I will advice you contact the agency doing this for you they might be scammers sef

Since your wife is in China with you I wonder which spouse they plan on using to get you a SOWP.

Please contact them and question them well o
Also use google to make your research on SOWP
please I submitted my passport at Lagos for visa stamp for the past three weeks now and I haven't received message for collection, though is closed working permit visa.please how long does it take to return the passport back from embassy for closed working permit.
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Haykay2001: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
quote author=Umegoejiofor post=125328176]please I submitted my passport at Lagos for visa stamp for the past three weeks now and I haven't received message for collection, though is closed working permit visa.please how long does it take to return the passport back from embassy for closed working permit.[/quote]
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Peterclever2020: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2023
Haykay2001:
Good afternoon.. How long did it took ircc before they sent you ppr pls? And can i come to your inbox pls? Thanks

quote author=Umegoejiofor post=125328176]please I submitted my passport at Lagos for visa stamp for the past three weeks now and I haven't received message for collection, though is closed working permit visa.please how long does it take to return the passport back from embassy for closed working permit.

You should mail them if possible or track it . Please reach me on 08145616948 I have something to discuss with you
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by damble: 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2023
meshegz:
Has anyone recently got closed work permit approval?
I applied since march and yet to get a response
Job is under gss (a tech job)
Though my company used immigration consultants and they keep saying application is in progress.
Does gss take this long for approval?

I got this job through LinkedIn
If you are a tech person don’t give up on applying to jobs in Canada.

Aru you the one that paid the consultant or your company?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by damble: 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
Pls, who is going to assist me with contact of a few immigration consultant experts (RCIC) with decade years of experience and with proven results? Quote me so I can drop my contact here. Thanks
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by meshegz: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
damble:

Aru you the one that paid the consultant or your company?

My company
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by damble: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
meshegz:

My company

Whaoo... Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Lotusflowerbomb: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2023
Has anyone been able to get an LMIA job offer on a Visitor’s Visa recently?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by peejayT: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
eddy2farm:
Please I need advise ooo
Canada base immigration consultant is charging me 10kusd plus to get a closed work permit through job offer.
they said I will pay on instalment base on the progress of the work permit.
They said I will pay for my flight ticket outside the above amount.
Well they register their name on college website.
Honestly I don't no how genius they are.
10kusd I big for me really.
They told me to send any of my person in canada to check them out in their office address.

Below were their response to some of my questions.

: - First step of our immigration process will be a job offer in your work experience. 2. We don't offer sponsorships, which means you should be ready financially to start the process. Now the whole cost for the program will be between 10,000-16,000 USD the whole cost will be divided in 4-5 installments that you can pay within 8-10 months of the process, step by step during the process so in order to start you will need approximately 3,000 USD.

: as the second payment will be after 4-5 months

A job offer is very important to obtain the work permit

If we fail with anything in your immigration process, your money will be fully refunded and this will be mentioned in the retainer agreement and the consultation agreement

- I explained the installment in question 1

- Of course, it includes all the things needed for your immigration process but won't include the tickets

You will need the tickets fee as well as the accommodation for the first month in Canada (rent..)

yes the IELTS test is required for every immigration program, you will need to score an overall score of 5 for work permits and 7 for Express Entry program

So if everything work for you and you're ready to start the process, let me know so I can call you

Pure scam. Don't fall
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by peejayT: 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2023
meshegz:
Though my company used immigration consultants and they keep saying application is in progress.

It's nor for the weak. That wiring time is crazy
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by eDokita(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hello gurus in the house, please is POF required for work permit?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by meshegz: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
peejayT:

It's nor for the weak. That wiring time is crazy

Its really tiring.
Are you also waiting?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Ibraheem201B: 12:30am On Sep 29, 2023
Please can I get your opinion on this. I wish to immigrate to canada through the work route, I learnt I might have to source for lmia myself due to the fact that licensed companies usually have high competition. I'll be glad to hear what you think about this or how best you think I should go about it.
@makano
@lekkiboe
@Justmellow

1 Like

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by meshegz: 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
meshegz:

Finally got PPR today
Waited for 28 weeks.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by nextBIGthing: 11:43am On Sep 30, 2023
meshegz:

Finally got PPR today
Waited for 28 weeks.

Congratulations
May the land Favor you

Pls can you share with us the documents you uploaded and also if you applied alongside your spouse or other dependents what document did they also submit ?

I ask because my wife got a job offer and the company is already in the process of getting us the Lmia letter.
My wife is the main applicant I will like to know how I can into the application and the steps involved in the process as a whole. Thanks
And congratulations once again
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by meshegz: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2023
nextBIGthing:

Congratulations
May the land Favor you

Pls can you share with us the documents you uploaded and also if you applied alongside your spouse or other dependents what document did they also submit ?

I ask because my wife got a job offer and the company is already in the process of getting us the Lmia letter.
My wife is the main applicant I will like to know how I can into the application and the steps involved in the process as a whole. Thanks
And congratulations once again

I am single, so I applied alone. Also, my employer used an immigration consultant for my application and I did the following.
- Employer applied for LMIA in February and was approved in February
- Upfront medical in February
- Application was submitted by them in march
- I was asked to do biometrics in Lagos by march also
- I sent about 10 webforms and mails and I also called ircc through viber app this month when the application was taking too long and the consultants also sent enquiries too.
My application is under GSS and was supposed to take 2 weeks but it took 28 weeks. So you will need to be patient and keep disturbing them once our application has passed normal processing time.

Documents I sent to the immigration consultant
Police character,
Evidence of previous work employments (previous employment offers or payslips, Letter of recommendation from former employers)
Bsc Certificate
Birth certificate
Employment letter
LMIA document (this was already with the consultant so I did not need to send this)
Passport
Medical Info sheet
I also completed one long form about my personal details and family member information
Bank statement to show that I was previously employed and I was paid salary (Note this is just for evidence and not for proof of funds)

For bank statement, I will suggest that if you are applying with your spouse and children that you check the cost of living for where you are going compared with your salary offer if it will be enough to sustain you all when you first arrive.
I saw someone who got denied because the visa officer felt that his salary is too low to cater for his dependants when they first get to Canada. So you might need to add proof of funds if you fall into this category.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by nextBIGthing: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
meshegz:

I am single, so I applied alone. Also, my employer used an immigration consultant for my application and I did the following.
- Employer applied for LMIA in February and was approved in February
- Upfront medical in February
- Application was submitted by them in march
- I was asked to do biometrics in Lagos by march also
- I sent about 10 webforms and mails and I also called ircc through viber app this month when the application was taking too long and the consultants also sent enquiries too.
My application is under GSS and was supposed to take 2 weeks but it took 28 weeks. So you will need to be patient and keep disturbing them once our application has passed normal processing time.

Documents I sent to the immigration consultant
Police character,
Evidence of previous work employments (previous employment offers or payslips, Letter of recommendation from former employers)
Bsc Certificate
Birth certificate
Employment letter
LMIA document (this was already with the consultant so I did not need to send this)
Passport
Medical Info sheet
I also completed one long form about my personal details and family member information
Bank statement to show that I was previously employed and I was paid salary (Note this is just for evidence and not for proof of funds)

For bank statement, I will suggest that if you are applying with your spouse and children that you check the cost of living for where you are going compared with your salary offer if it will be enough to sustain you all when you first arrive.
I saw someone who got denied because the visa officer felt that his salary is too low to cater for his dependants when they first get to Canada. So you might need to add proof of funds if you fall into this category.

Thanks for your response it is highly appreciated
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by peejayT: 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
meshegz:

Its really tiring.
Are you also waiting?

Not at all. I'm already here

1 Like

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Ayimperial1: 2:48am On Nov 01, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I need a FEMALE ROOMMATE in Toronto, Ontario.
It is a shared room with a private bathroom in a Condo @$1,400
(A Shared Room means you will share the room with me and we have a Private bathroom in the room)
The rent will be split as $700 each monthly.
It’s just 2mins walk to the bus-stop.

The location is close to Niagara College, Humber College, Sheridan College and Seneca College.
Available from NOVEMBER!!!

PLEASE ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUS AND NEED AN ACCOMMODATION IN NOVEMBER SHOULD CONTACT ME VIA THE EMAIL
owolabiayomide31@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Voltron007(m): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2023
Ayimperial1:
Hello Everyone,

I need a FEMALE ROOMMATE in Toronto, Ontario.
It is a shared room with a private bathroom in a Condo @$1,400
(A Shared Room means you will share the room with me and we have a Private bathroom in the room)
The rent will be split as $700 each monthly.
It’s just 2mins walk to the bus-stop.

The location is close to Niagara College, Humber College, Sheridan College and Seneca College.
Available from NOVEMBER!!!

PLEASE ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUS AND NEED AN ACCOMMODATION IN NOVEMBER SHOULD CONTACT ME VIA THE EMAIL
owolabiayomide31@gmail.com

Thank you.
Every house now wants females only. Wetin Toronto men do landlords nitori olorun 🤕
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Hoogee(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2023
Am on a closed work permit with other cofounders on the SUV ROUTE ( start up visa). We incorporated engulfvr technologies Vancouver in 2021 after participating in the 2020 Launch Academy Maple program.

Timeline:

Online application submitted sept 1,2021
( SUV work permit for me , Open work permit for wify , Visitor visa for son) using an immigration lawyer

Biometrics request sept 7,2021

Biometrics completed sept 14,2021

Pr Application submitted jan 27,2022

Upfront medical Feb 13th 2022

Medical request feb 13th 2023 (for 3 of us)

Medical passed march 14th 2023

Background check: application in progress (march , april , May , June)

passport request : June 30 2023 ( for the family)
Passport submitted: July 10 2023 , Vfs Lagos

ADR for me : July 21 2023 ( employers compliance fee “$230” which was paid and uploaded in 2021 initial, my lawyer paid another one and uploaded the two )

Application approved for wify : July 20 2023

Correspondence letter for wify : July 24 2021

Application reviewed for wify :July 24 2023

Application approved for son : July 24 2023

Application reviewed for son :July 27 2023

PR application ADR : july 24 2023 ( deadline given)
PCC
updated travel history
Settlement plan with specification area
Business plan
Business update since pr application has started
IMM5645
IMM5659

Passport stamped and updated for dependant
24th for wify 27th for son

My ADR uploaded on portal by ircc : August 14 2023

Webform ( for update on my work permit) :Sept 8 2023

ADR submitted August 18th 2023

Reviewing of additional documents August 21, 2023

Webform ( for my work permit). Oct 5.

Still waiting patiently and it’s getting into me gradually;

So far 3 cofounders granted WP, all 4 cofounders PR in pipeline, open work permit for spouse and visitor for kids.

Post Covid show us shage , no movement on application for 1 year, it’s not for the faint hearted, am glad things are taking shape now , am hopeful my Wp comes out asap as I have submitted my passport for stamping since July 10, omo this waiting no easy oooo ; my dependant visas are out and stamped already.
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Kaykkay(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
Hello guys,plz help me with Canada companies that employs and provide visa for skilled foreign workers
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Bigboy75: 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hi guys, if I get a sponsored job as a Customer Service and I have my LMIA, considering that the job is not in demand, would there be any problem while applying for visa or at POE?
Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Lotusflowerbomb: 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
Hi All, pls is anyone a member of this telegram group. I need someone to run some background check and vet them. Although they have a physical office in Lagos but I need more details regarding how successful applicant that have applied through them?

Re: Canada Closed Work Permit by Kennethy: 6:29am On Jan 07
I got a job offer letter and LMIA is out, but my immigration lawyer just informed me I will require proof of funds, any information on this

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Boy Hawking Groundnut Hit By A Vehicle On Kaduna Expressway, Dies (Photos) / Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video) / Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.