Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

I Am Sad - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Sad (13199 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sad by chelseabmw(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2011
smiley
Re: I Am Sad by blasterman(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2011
So what if ur sad silly woman. No (n) sense
Re: I Am Sad by tonyc2: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2011
@poster
u admited that he has been nice to u nd eva lovely since u married him rit ? my advice to u don allow this bring issues btw u two ,d issues u talked about are very minor cases ,since he ws talking to his sis it cld be a way of their expressn afterall you were not there wen they were grown up.secondly abt d age my 'sister' wen some loves u they can do watever to keep u nd more also pple can post wateve values they wish abt themselves on facebk .dis are not sufficient yardstic to judge his lov 4u .so b carefull for notin.d fact is dat he loves u nd kid.u can ask him politly but dnt ready meanings the resons r not wot it.ufficient yardstic to judge his lov 4u .so b carefull for notin.d fact is dat he loves u nd kid.u can ask him politly but dnt ready meanings the resons r not wot it.
Re: I Am Sad by Reference(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2011
I really don't comment on personal topics but I can't help but say two things here. In virtually all Nigerian cultural groupings a man does not refer to his wife in the first narrative particularly to someone younger. He cannot say to his younger sister 'My wife is taking my child out, bla, bla'. First of all that would be disrespecting you before someone who is probably younger, secondly Nigerians and Africans generally view the relationship of marriage in the a more wholesome context with the children included. You are married to complete a family which includes children so part of your worth which he would like to portray are the children. In Africa children are an honour and I'm sure he would would love you more if you could address him likewise instead of his first name which I'm sure you do currently.

I don't really appreciate culture (more problematic in the context of national unity) but there you are. On the second point don't you think for a moment that the ages of his sisters could be the one under question. Their purported ages could be the magnet besides your compass. If you permit me (ladies) African men do not usually alter their ages, certainly not when it involves socialization, business and earnings perhaps but not when it concerns relationships. They usually have nothing to fear and maturity is more of an asset not a liability. Unlike the west, here it is usually women who tamper with the calendar for obvious reasons.
Re: I Am Sad by mailtimi(m): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2011
Hey, I support what omolola said: your hobby calling you d mother of his children is very normal, what else should he av said. Cos he dint say AM IN D CAR WITH MY WIFE AND D CHILDREN, doesn't mean a thing o. Stop bn too sensitive. And as for d age thing, its facebook for crying out loud: I don't see how you would be taking dat serious.
But if you feel you want to ask him to satisfy urself, take it easy with him and don't raise issue dat aint there b4. OK?
9Jawhat ever, what's ur problem?
Re: I Am Sad by Saraha1(f): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2011
Sister i can see that you don't have a clue of what Nigeria culture is all about,
if you were leaving in Nigeria and your Husband say that kind of word to you is does not mean anything to us ,because

is our tradition they don't see any thing bad in it. Regarding the age ,must people don't disclose their realm age,am a good example of it,i have nver in my life use my real age not to talk of my real identity
so please realize your mind,so as to take good care of your children.
Re: I Am Sad by Dmoon: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2011
I now see reasons why some people go against inter-tribal marriage. Not being a Nigerian has made you mis interprete your loving husband. Every Nigerian woman will understand that there is nothing wrong in your husband calling you " the children's mum" or are you not there biological mum ? cos you whites can b so funny sometimes. If there is anything you discover you don't like, why not call him and let him know. Madam white woman save your marriage wisely.
Re: I Am Sad by member479760: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2011
OP, no vex, that's our communication style.
Re: I Am Sad by Bukittes(f): 11:42am On Jul 19, 2011
Nairalanders!!!!! Six pages answering to this bullshit!!! Can't u see this story ain't real? She's writing English like whaaaat? Puhleeeeeeeeeeez, save me the space and trouble! Silly post!! I'm out,
Re: I Am Sad by Saraha1(f): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
The funny aspect of it is that she has ignore the tread that she made her self

without giving us the final solution to her stree.
Re: I Am Sad by otiigba1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2011
Sarah a:

The funny aspect of it is that she has ignore the tread that she made her self

without giving us the final solution to her stree.
yep! thats a typical white woman very faint hearted she couldnt handle some of the comments( truth) i hope she hasnt gone and slashed her wrists sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2011
Pafuri:

It is my considered opinion that SarahMaria has since left the building.  grin grin grin
yea just like Elvis cheesy
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
pleep:

With all due respect man, shut up. The only reason she is so suspicious is because so many people have been telling her horror stories about Nigerian men. who can blame her for being worried?

What about the horror stories about american men?
You think its only in nigeria they find evil ppl?
Re: I Am Sad by jaybee3(m): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
hmmmmm
Re: I Am Sad by makobada: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2011
Sara,

Would suggest you ask him but you have to be subtle and also assertive. God would direct you and enrich you with wisdom.

Takia smiley
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2011
Thank you for the comments.
I read them and I think I understand him now a little bit better. I think I just made a problem for nothing.

I spoke with my man yesterday and he was just smiling and ask me why I do not ask him directly. I should never keep something like this in my mind again. smiley

So thank you a lot and I swear I will never start a discussion here again. Some people are to bad here undecided
But for all the nice ones: Thanks a lot kiss
Re: I Am Sad by rahouf1: 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
actually every woman knows how to have a discussion with her hubby, sum prefer midnight while some immediately after dinner so madam please find a convenient period to discuss this matter with your husband.
i think he will try to reason with you because we men say somethings sumtimes and you women will quoted it, whereas we might not know that its pains .
please confront him and share the talk. God bless your family.
Re: I Am Sad by rabzy: 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2011
SarahMaria:

Thank you for the comments.
I read them and I think I understand him now a little bit better. I think I just made a problem for nothing.

I spoke with my man yesterday and he was just smiling and ask me why I do not ask him directly. I should never keep something like this in my mind again. smiley

So thank you a lot and I swear I will never start a discussion here again. Some people are to bad here undecided
But for all the nice ones: Thanks a lot kiss

I was wondering what became of you, i did not respond because the best has been said and repeated again and again. Am glad you sorted things out and all the best in all your marriage.

I believe you can still ask questions here maybe not necessarily deep things like relationship, you can still learn from some sincere people here about African culture, general mentality etc, but you need to be able to disregard the, jokers, pranksters, bigots, racists and tribalists.

cheers.
Re: I Am Sad by EKPOI(m): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
i feel you just sit him down and talk to him about what you feel or think because a times some issues are far different from what we think,i think the best way of resolving issues is talking about it the best way, peace
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2011
I believe you can still ask questions here maybe not necessarily deep things like relationship, you can still learn from some sincere people here about African culture, general mentality etc, but you need to be able to disregard the, jokers, pranksters, bigots, racists and tribalists.

Yes I will do that smiley
Re: I Am Sad by tonyc2: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ poster
every forum like dis has its own breed of jokers nd nasty pple .dnt be intimidated by mere post ,pick ur points nd throw the trash .share ur prob s. afterall u hav some idea now e
Re: I Am Sad by ruffrider(f): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2011
I will say pray about; ask God to allow you to see the deception if there is any. Never come to this fourm for advice cause most of the folks are rude. I come here from time to time for laughs. Some of the women here have boyfriends abroad married, and will soon join them as soon as they divorce in about two to three years. And some of the men are trying to scam women into marriage for papers.See Some of the .women will go along with the scam marriage, cause they will benefit from it in some kind of way. If your husband rushed you into marriage, then he is a scammer
Re: I Am Sad by kingsrod: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
We all know say Na d Amu you love, if you think say na lie , Come Spain, No offence
Re: I Am Sad by 234gypsy(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2011
English might not be her first language, grin
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2011
Is that a problem?
I see a lot of people here, who do not write a good English.

When that is your only problem, be happy smiley
Re: I Am Sad by 677ano(m): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
@9jafetish

People like you should not be on this forum giving stupid and idiotic comments
Why should the lady marry a white man? Frustrated Nigerian women like you should keep their comments to themselves if you have nothing positive to contribute to this forum rather than sounding like an educated illiterate
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2011
It's a culture thing! I think you need to exercise your wife right by asking him why he uses that word for you.
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2011
OP as long as you dont look like this woman below then there"s nothing to fear about your hubby dating you for papers grin

Re: I Am Sad by samdigo(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2011
i dont think he calling you "the mum" is a big deal, my folks n a lota nigerian ppl i kno do it all the time, however about the age thing, u might wanna ask him,
Re: I Am Sad by pastormrs: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2011
Just want to ask, are you a white woman or an indian woman? meanwhile, i havent seen what your husband's offence is here. so take the tag nigerian man out of teh gist,
Re: I Am Sad by swaggerboi2011: 1:05am On Jul 20, 2011
SEUN, why is this on the front pageeeeeeeeeeeeee?
Re: I Am Sad by ojdollars(m): 4:07am On Jul 20, 2011
@ruffrider (f) , You are just plain stupid. Go find a life and stop commenting trash and insulting Nigerian men. Waiting Oyibo get to offer? They all deceived us and use our wealth to enrich themselves. They have not seen anything yet, they would even see more of 9ja men deal with them for the papers. Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Jobs Can A Nigerian Teenager Living In Nigeria Do? Practical Suggestions Please! / What Do You Do When Your Husband Refuse To Pick Your Call Anytime He Is In D Clu / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.