Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

I Am Sad - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Sad (13312 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sad by ojdollars(m): 4:12am On Jul 20, 2011
@SarahMaria, I am happy for you, and for my Brother your Husband, that everything is fine now. I didn't mean to Judge you, but in my candid opinion, some whitish women own too much self. Well, light up the fire that would never be put off in your marriage and look on to God. Don't be upset with everyone or anyone who has commented on this thread, some people are talking from experience and all that. Just be grateful to everyone, cause no insult, no result. Takia
Re: I Am Sad by zikclassiq(m): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2011
@sarah, maybe u ar overreacting to d issue or just responding appropraitely.
One thing i have deducd is dat, u luv ur husband!
U have gone deep in luv wit him dat u wudnt want anytin 2 come btwin u. Bt dat doesnt stop u 4rm being d 'mother of his kids'. And dat doesnt mean u are not 'his wife' either.
So, what u fear might already b in d process of becoming a reality!
Sarah, my advice is, dnt change ur attitud 2wards him, bcoz i guess dis thing mite hav affectd ur behaviur around him, u knw, signs of concern on ur face, bouts of doubts in ur mind etc. Relax.
He is ur man! One tin is certain, u luv him, else u wouldnt have detectd dis ' tone of his'. U felt u deservd more. Thats tru. Bt u shud xpect tin lyk dis wen u mary 'out'. He mite be trying 2 cool tempers of those sisters of his, u knw!? Jus mak tins even. Bt dat doesnt change d fact that****
YOU ARE HIS WIFE!
Re: I Am Sad by obongtunji: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
Sarah hear this, in africa most especially Nigeria they call thier wives the children's mum or if your son's name is john, they call john's mother. For the age stuff, i have friend that has his year of birth as 1900 and several people do that especially women. Communication is a vital key to a successful couples, please call your husband and ask him question base on these issues and you will be glad after your conversation, it's not every man that lies, your husband i believe should be one of them, wishing you all the best.
Re: I Am Sad by liftedme(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
Sarahmaria,

I think you are being too sensitive and over reactive. This man really loves and cherishes you as you rightly said; all you are worried about is that he called you the children's mum. Now you feel he lied about his age.

If you go about looking for trouble, you will eventually find it but if you go all out for peace, that you will have.

Do not be the instrument in the hands of the devil to destroy your own marriage. What you are plotting is war
I advise you to withdraw and enjoy your marriage.
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
Look at all the silly advisers here! - running your tongues around insulting the woman at the same time telling her to be nice to her husband. As if she has not being nice to her sweetie!
Re: I Am Sad by aikuda(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
Nigerians na wa for some people o! After we will start complaining how the world doesn't like us. The poster came here with the hope of learning something about Nigerian culture and using that knowledge positively for marriage, and what many of us could offer is insult, stereotype, childishness. Why don't we ever respect our self?

Sarah, you are a brave woman for being able to follow all these posts. And don't ever get intimidated by anyone's opinion. My only advice to you is that whenever you seek information from an online forum, you must sieve through the rubbish to get to the useful information.
Re: I Am Sad by eewule(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
Seems like nothing to me, Many other women will ignore it and be happy for their kind and loving husband and a happy home.
You might be taking it a bit too sensitively. Their could be far more issues with your husband so 'Be happy' - not sad !!! undecided
Re: I Am Sad by badlaw(f): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2011
THE ISSUE IS NOT WHAT HE SAY OR U SAY, BUT HOW DID HE SAY IT OR HOW DO U REPLY TO IT MATTERS ALOT. I ADVICE U BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN U WANT TO ASK HE ON DAT ISSUE OK GOOD LADY.
Re: I Am Sad by muyiserra: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2011
@poster! you are a big fool and god forsaken person who has no work at all!
who do you think you are fooling, animal,
i now came to hate these nairaland cos they post nonsense, goddamn imposture!!!!

just write or post the story of a white lady, and do pretend to be one and post nonsense,
Re: I Am Sad by tshepiso(f): 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2011
madam do you love your man,please dont make a mountain out of a mole hill,he is with you and loves his children,i dont see why you feel offended when he describes you as the childrens mother are you not their mother its a form of respect!dont let petty issues ruin your relationship.
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2011
I understand it better know.
The moment I read it I just felt bad.

For me it sounds like we are not together or we are having problems. Its not typical to say this where I come from only when problems are there.

That is why I was thinking.
Re: I Am Sad by maskara01: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2011
madame your grammar dey give me problemz, u be Liberian?
Re: I Am Sad by SarahMaria: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2011
No. I am from Austria.
Re: I Am Sad by XKZ(m): 10:50am On Jul 22, 2011
To your husband you're first his wife then you become the mother of his kids. It's like he's saying there's more than one reason this lady is important to me and don't you forget it.
Maybe it's a Nigerian thing or an attitude you get when you're brought up to believe children follow marriage.
It is like the line from the movie 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past' where one of the bridesmaid replies when she is told a guy she fancies is married, "Do they have kids?" "What? They're not really married unless they have kids."
Still it's important to discuss it with your husband; you know like the Pillars of Marriage - Communication.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was / Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.