Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

I Am Sad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Sad (13195 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Why The Modern Woman Is Sad / Sad Facts About Modern Family Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sad by geosegun(m): 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2011
Some naija ladies are not happy you gat hold of a good one. dont listen to their advise.
The phrase your husband use is normal in Nigeria esppecially among the yorubas.
its nothing to worry about. go and enjoy your husband.
Thats a trivial issue. believe me.
As per age, anyone can use any age.
Re: I Am Sad by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
all4naija:

@ ThiefOfHearts

I quite agree with you in many of the things you've said. But, the man is working and taking care of his family.

What do you think about that?

I never said he was a horrible person. I just hope she knows this marriage wll MOST likely be temporary.

All of you making excuses for the texts.

"I am taking the kids and their mom to the park" ---If I heard that I would think the man is a stepfather/non-biological. The fact that he detaches himself in the statement is very telling. again I know you people will make excuses for your own so you can just ignore me sha cheesy

A normal dude ould say "We're taking the kids to the park" "My wife and I are goibng to the park with the kids", "their mother" suggests that the kids arent even his sef but like I said have fun coming up with all sorts of excuses. cheesy
Re: I Am Sad by otiigba1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
congoshine:

Who is this bitter b*itch ? undecided

At least she's not lonely like you. . . .olofo ! sad

Omo ale ! angry
she don look for man tired, her type will send you back  to naija quik quik, if she finds out you are illegall grin grin grin
Re: I Am Sad by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2011
congoshine or whatever, na your wretched mama be the one you are directing your anger at. cheesy

Look at you crying more than the bereaved, bloody phaggot. grin
Re: I Am Sad by londoner: 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Sarahmaria,

Seriously, being suspicious in a relationship will do you no good, especially when you know that even if your worst fears are confirmed, you are going nowhere.

Just talk to him about your fears (which is what you are feeling, this is not the discovery of incriminating evidence)

People do lie and they do deceive, Nigerian men included, but to be honest with you, nothing you have said hear seems to be incriminating.

What exactly do you suspect is happening? and be honest with yourself as to WHY

If you saw him with a young lady and he explained her away as his "sister", or you saw his facebook page and he claimed to be a single father or an unmarried bachelor THEN fine, feel sad.

If you visited his parents and it seemed as though they didn't even know about you, THEN I could understand.

You are known, accepted and liked by his MOTHER, there is no higher "authority" in his family to impress, lol

When you saw the text, that you are "their Mother", you dont know the tone intended because texts and emails have a cold feel and impersonal feel, unless extra effort is made to counteract it, like smiley faces and hearts.

He is not going to text a third person "I am going out with my children, and their angelic, love of my life, Goddess of a wife, (who btw is also their mother), he is not hiding you or denying you just because he did not expressly refer to you as his wife.

This doesn't mean that he isn't lying about something else, but really this is not a big deal.

However, this is not about what the rest of us are comfortable with, you are his wife and the mother of his kids and if you prefer to be referred to in a particular way, then, that's what should be done.

Sometimes, when a foreign women marries a Nigerian not enough space is given to where SHE is coming from and HER culture, the whole relationship gets taken over by his Nigerian identity and that's not what a relationship should be.

Before you talk to him, be rational and talk to yourself, what REALLY is the issue?
Re: I Am Sad by pereze: 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
1. The poster must be a trying out the art of writing composition, I will score you 73%!
2. Your store is as confused as you paint yourself here, will score you 30% if this is your script.
3. For chosing to be a white lady when you live in Ojuelegba, I will flog just 2 times. Serious Flogging, not caning!
Re: I Am Sad by vokalguy(m): 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
Geez, did not bother to read the thing, u totally murdered english R.I.P
Re: I Am Sad by shawonlese: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2011
vokal_guy:

Geez, did not bother to read the thing, u totally murdered english R.I.P

Why is it difficult to understand that it's not every white woman that's English?
Re: I Am Sad by vokalguy(m): 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
shawonlese:

Why is it difficult to understand that it's not every white woman that's English?

Off topic for a min u based in Houston right? And it seems like u a travel agent too, can u hook me up with a good deal from bwi-lagos, i know i prob gotta go from atl or jfk
Re: I Am Sad by londoner: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

I never said he was a horrible person. I just hope she knows this marriage wll MOST likely be temporary.

All of you making excuses for the texts.

"I am taking the kids and their mom to the park" ---If I heard that I would think the man is a stepfather/non-biological. The fact that he detaches himself in the statement is very telling. again I know you people will make excuses for your own so you can just ignore me sha cheesy

A normal dude ould say "We're taking the kids to the park" "My wife and I are goibng to the park with the kids", "their mother" suggests that the kids arent even his sef but like I said have fun coming up with all sorts of excuses.  cheesy

You do have a point though, but there needs to be more than that for OP to be sad or worry.
Re: I Am Sad by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
^you know of any man that would lie about his age, londoner?

If a man can lie about his age, you dont think she has a reason to wonder about bigger things?

Just curious.

Unlike others in denial this isnt the first time we've heard of such crap esp on here. Remember sstawoman? the black american? Her husband told her he was from Akure in Anambra.

Do you or anyone here know of a place in Nigeria called Akure, Anambra? He too had weird dates on his documents.

Just because the guy in question is Nigeria doesnt mean I wont tell her to shine her eyes. Im a woman first before I am Nigerian.
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

If a man can lie about his age, you dont think she has a reason to wonder about bigger things?

Just curious.

Unlike others in denial this isnt the first time we've heard of such crap esp on here. Remember sstawoman? the black american? Her husband told her he was from Akure in Anambra.

Do you or anyone here know of a place in Nigeria called Akure, Anambra? He too had weird dates on his documents.

Just because the guy in question is Nigeria doesnt mean I wont tell her to shine her eyes. Im a woman first before I am Nigerian.
I would say few nigerian guys do lie about their age but when it comes to nigerian women its a chronic disease for nigerian girls because a majority of them lie about their age.I remember about this song by Alex O when i was a kid about a lady doing her birthday and saying she was 22 and many ppl also observed that five yrs ago she was also 22 yrs.A nigerian woman in her 40s would lie that she"s in her late 20s because she wants to date young men.
Re: I Am Sad by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
What is your point? Women in general shave years from their ages. However for a guy that is NOT normal. There lies the issue.
Re: I Am Sad by londoner: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Just curious.

Unlike others in  denial this isnt the first time we've heard of such crap esp on here. Remember sstawoman? the black american? Her husband told her he was from Akure in Anambra.

@TOH

Akure in Anambra, Lol.

I don't know any guys who would lie about their age. The main circumstance where a Naija man will do it is to "match up" with his official documents.

It could just be that and nothing else or it could be one of many concealments, but at the end of the day that applies to all human beings.

The OP does need to be aware of things happening which dont add up, but she shouldn't go looking for "evidence" of wrongdoing.

If he is lying and she asks him, he will only lie further, but honestly, I think there isn't anything major that she should be alarmed about IMO.
Re: I Am Sad by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
I suppose. She did say she'll speak to him. we'll see. wink
Re: I Am Sad by hackdacrew: 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2011
Sarah pas de probleme d'accod calme toi mum of the child at times we use our mother tongue to write English but you can ask him any way,
Re: I Am Sad by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2011
you guys failed to sport that the Op is not from an English speaking baground.cos the way and manner she goes about her wordings are so backward.Op what country are you from PLZ dont say UK cos that will just be a scam.
Re: I Am Sad by londoner: 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2011
Erico, its quite obvious she is not a native English speaker, or is multi-lingual.

What does it matter? We all got the crux of what she was trying to say.

Off topic, so many Nigerians of supposed "English speaking" background, absolutely murder the English language here.
Re: I Am Sad by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
londoner:

Erico, its quite obvious she is not a native English speaker, or is multi-lingual.

What does it matter, we all got yhe crux of what she was trying to say.

Off topic, so many Nigerians of supposed "English speaking" background, absolutely murder the English language here.
yeh that was me jumping the Gun, I just realized she Austrain. apologies all.
Re: I Am Sad by munaco: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2011
sarah, it is a common language in 9ija. i see no reason for that (children's mother) because in 9ija we called names like mama chichi, mama segun, mama abou. Nothing spoil but talk to ur husband that ur prefer a sexy name.
Re: I Am Sad by dayokanu(m): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
ToH,

Most Naija men would call their wives by their childrens name. e.g My parents were mama Dayo, baba Dayo Mummy Dayo or Daddy Dayo since i have known them. She even has a way of calling Ba"Dayo like its one word
Re: I Am Sad by ypad: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2011
are@Poster, in marriage there  many things you need to overlook.
"He said, he is taking the children and their mum out". I do not see anything wrong with the word. He acknowledged you as the mother of his children.
As for age, I 'll advise you not to take what you saw on facebook serious.

meanwhile talk it out with your man. http://greatwomanwithlove..com/2011/03/kids.html

both of you should chose a pet name for yourself. http://greatwomanwithlove..com/2011/07/cute-names.html
remember age do not have anything to do with love. face your man and leave the age issue.
Re: I Am Sad by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
dayokanu:

ToH,

Most Naija men would call their wives by their childrens name. e.g My parents were mama Dayo, baba Dayo Mummy Dayo or Daddy Dayo since i have known them. She even has a way of calling Ba"Dayo like its one word

I dont see the correlation between that and the wording of the text. Sorry

why didnt he just say ___'s mom and I are going out to the park if that's the excuse you wanna use?
Re: I Am Sad by marabout(m): 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2011
SaraMaria,

I think because your house/marriage is too peaceful, you're trying to manufacture some unhappiness for yourself.
It was exactly why i did not marry a white lady. To much suspicion. I was engaged at various times to white ladies.
Me and the first got engaged to spite her parents who were "card-carrying" racists. Deep down I knew that I could not marry a girl with so much opposition from her parents. At some point, they will succeed in seperating us.  I am practical person. You have surmounted those initial huddles and things are going just great.

The second girl would be asking all kind of annoying/demeaning questions whenever she came back from visiting parents.
Once she told me of a conversation with her parents. They said I needed papers from her, she told them that he has the same passport she has, then they claimed that I must want her money: she defended me that in fact I have shown her how not to waste money including saving up for mortagage or investment. Then they claimed that I must need something from her. YES I NEEDED SOMETHING IN DEED: just old fashioned love.

These marriages face lots of challenges many of them because of unnecessary suspicion. His age could well be more than he told you (even facebook cannot really prove that) but that maybe due to his circumstances on arriving in Europe (not justifying it) but does it make him a bad father or husband??

I cannot vouch for his fidelity but will saying to the person on phone that he was going to playground with his kids and his Zukerpueppchen/cherie coco/chococate darling once and for all stop him from having another woman if he really wanted to?
Enjoy what you have and stop worrying. No matter how much you worry, you can hardly change the future.
Re: I Am Sad by hbrednic: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
hey sara group up before ur insecurity ruins your happy married life.
Re: I Am Sad by Cmiller(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2011
@poster.
The way we fink iz far diffrnt frm uyr pple finkin,dt man lovex uy n dnt go axkin quextn 2 make him sad n untruxt 2 uy, he tuk uy 2 meet hiz parentz n u d talk.,if 9ja man no like 2 go c im pple na die o,
Re: I Am Sad by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

I dont see the correlation between that and the wording of the text. Sorry

why didnt he just say ___'s mom and I are going out to the park if that's the excuse you wanna use?

Is there really a diference between Shades Mom and My childrens mom?
Re: I Am Sad by armyofone(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
fishy fishy as ever, no be naija man undecided simply say we are going to the park or i'm on my way to the park. taking my or the children to the park with their mom is so lipsrsealed cunny. a man calling his wife iya something is outdated.
Re: I Am Sad by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2011
dayokanu:

Is there really a diference between Shades Mom and My childrens mom?

Ibeere.

perhaps you can explain the age differences too. Eyin olojoro.

anyway at least he's not beating her like Lilah's monster
Re: I Am Sad by damola1: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2011
marabout:

SaraMaria,

I think because your house/marriage is too peaceful, you're trying to manufacture some unhappiness for yourself.
It was exactly why i did not marry a white lady. To much suspicion. I was engaged at various times to white ladies.
Me and the first got engaged to spite her parents who were "card-carrying" racists. Deep down I knew that I could not marry a girl with so much opposition from her parents. At some point, they will succeed in seperating us.  I am practical person. You have surmounted those initial huddles and things are going just great.

The second girl would be asking all kind of annoying/demeaning questions whenever she came back from visiting parents.
Once she told me of a conversation with her parents. They said I needed papers from her, she told them that he has the same passport she has, then they claimed that I must want her money: she defended me that in fact I have shown her how not to waste money including saving up for mortagage or investment. Then they claimed that I must need something from her. YES I NEEDED SOMETHING IN DEED: just old fashioned love.

These marriages face lots of challenges many of them because of unnecessary suspicion. His age could well be more than he told you (even facebook cannot really prove that) but that maybe due to his circumstances on arriving in Europe (not justifying it) but does it make him a bad father or husband??

I cannot vouch for his fidelity but will saying to the person on phone that he was going to playground with his kids and his Zukerpueppchen/cherie coco/chococate darling once and for all stop him from having another woman if he really wanted to?
Enjoy what you have and stop worrying. No matter how much you worry, you can hardly change the future.

Na true you talk, Too much peace, jobless woman,

Eh hen, so whaT?, their mother, see me see wahala oh, make person look before he jump oh,
Re: I Am Sad by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2011
hello, good english for an obviously non-anglophone citizen,,,my contribution is that, i know many nigerian tribes, wives are referred to as children's mum, i dunno, but most of d time it is eg, me my name is gbenga and as far back as i can tell, my mum is referred to as Mummy Gbenga, its an African thing, though it lacks mushiness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Husband Refuse To Pick Your Call Anytime He Is In D Clu / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / She Left Me After My Effort With My Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.